Page 6 Preview: Sonic Manipulation, Game Balance, Piecemeal's Workshop of Horrors

Jimmy

43 minutes ago, HelBlaiz said:

Dark definitely has the worst. Single target with a chance to MISS! Buff that please!

Apparently they've done a balance pass on the sustains already in Closed Beta.  I'm eager to see what was done (besides nerfing Tac Arrow).

[Edit:]  Touch of Darkness has a 50% Acc bonus, 11.2s cycle time and 60s buff duration out of the box.  So that's not bad.  What is, is that it scales off the foe's level, meaning that when fighting higher level foes it not only misses more often, but also provides less of a buff.  That's the part I hope they fixed in Beta.

Edited by csr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, csr said:

"Universally" is an adverb that means "in every case".

Not even remotely on target. You still have this idea that I said something I didn't.

I'm going to continue to leave it up to you to figure out where you went wrong, because I'm tired of arguing with people who can't be bothered to read and understand.

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, csr said:

I don't think the self-centered components suppress.

6 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Ah well, that's my mistake then.

I found a bit of time to test this partially and it seems that at least those tested do NOT suppress.  In fact the baby heal of Cauterizing Aura will actually break Sleep.  I tested Fire (HoT), Ice (AoT), Tac Arrow (Regen) and Reaction Time (AoT).  None of the sustain effects suppressed when Slept or Held (I only tested those two states and the sustain elements of the named powers).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, csr said:

I found a bit of time to test this partially and it seems that at least those tested do NOT suppress.  In fact the baby heal of Cauterizing Aura will actually break Sleep.  I tested Fire (HoT), Ice (AoT), Tac Arrow (Regen) and Reaction Time (AoT).  None of the sustain effects suppressed when Slept or Held (I only tested those two states and the sustain elements of the named powers).

I hope you're around when Page 6 comes to Beta. We need folks who can provide that level of rigor in their testing.

• Like 3

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 9/20/2020 at 4:17 PM, Jimmy said:
On 9/20/2020 at 3:36 PM, Morgahn said:

Any chance there's Energy Melee being worked on in the near future?

It's in Page 6.

Oh lord Jimmy, and here I was giving the MRB team grief about potentially letting cats out of bags. 😛

mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

2 hours ago, CienFuegos said:

I wonder what primary goes well with it 

Ice Blast...

2 holds in ice blast and potentially 4 holds in sonic. Not to mention hold procs as blaster you can hold indefinitely. unless they defeated first that is lol.  Or at least very long time. And if you go fire mastery for char or electrical mastery for shocking bolt you can have potentially game breaking amount of holds. I'm hoping for balance though so it is probably not final version of this powerset.

Otherwise solid set.

Edited by Darkneblade

On 9/25/2020 at 4:34 PM, xl8 said:

Are you going off Mids? Because my Ill/TA owns everything and has solo'd All lv54 AVs and most TFs. It's unstoppable.

I'm going off playing it. That's the Illusion part pulling double duty. Try it on a defender and you'll see what a jank ass set it is compared to dark, radiation, time, cold, poison, etc.

Also, the ability to solo an AV doesnt mean it is a good support set. Most of the game ISNT soloing AV's, and TA provides mediocre team support.

Edited by Bossk_Hogg

On 9/29/2020 at 12:37 PM, Bossk_Hogg said:

I'm going off playing it. That's the Illusion part pulling double duty. Try it on a defender and you'll see what a jank ass set it is compared to dark, radiation, time, cold, poison, etc.

Also, the ability to solo an AV doesnt mean it is a good support set. Most of the game ISNT soloing AV's, and TA provides mediocre team support.

I'll disagree again. Mt TA/Arch beats most basters at their own game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, csr said:

Apparently they've done a balance pass on the sustains already in Closed Beta.  I'm eager to see what was done (besides nerfing Tac Arrow).

[Edit:]  Touch of Darkness has a 50% Acc bonus, 11.2s cycle time and 60s buff duration out of the box.  So that's not bad.  What is, is that it scales off the foe's level, meaning that when fighting higher level foes it not only misses more often, but also provides less of a buff.  That's the part I hope they fixed in Beta.

It’s also wasted on anything Intangible, which none of the other sets appear to have an issue with.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 9/25/2020 at 7:41 PM, csr said:

What is, is that it scales off the foe's level, meaning that when fighting higher level foes it not only misses more often, but also provides less of a buff.

While the first part is true, the second part shouldn't be. If an enemy-based buff is being modified by level differences it's a bug.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

17 hours ago, xl8 said:

I'll disagree again. Mt TA/Arch beats most basters at their own game.

No you don’t. Tell you what, you bring your TA/arch with my Fire/Atomic. Beat that at it’s own game.

EDIT: TA is a fun set and gets a bit of hate undeserved, but I’ve just been noticing a lot of my ‘X’ does better than a blaster or insert dmg AT(the most hilarious one is someone said their PB does more 😂😂😂) and, it’s  somewhat irksome. I try to ignore it but..yeah.

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

As long as damage is the only way to get exp or drops, then the best damage dealing archetypes get to be queen Monarch, and everyone else just helps.  When they don't even need any help, then everyone else can only struggle to imitate.

6 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

Nonsense.

Azrael.

compare its debuff numbers to any other debuff-heavy set (and nearly all of those come with non-debuff support tools as well) and you will see that relatively, trick arrow being mediocre is most certainly not "nonsense"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

Nonsense.

Azrael.

What's great? The jaw dropping 5% to-hit debuff? The slow recharging AE slow that will be resisted and provides negligible benefits? The single target hold with a pitiful duration? The single target immobilize? Rad's toggles essentially do more in 2 powers than TA does as a set. 

5/9 of the powers are the same or significantly better in Tactical Arrow. Time to face the truth - TA is a weak set. All it has going for it is oil slick, and Burn on that cooldown isnt impressive. 

5 hours ago, macskull said:

While the first part is true, the second part shouldn't be. If an enemy-based buff is being modified by level differences it's a bug.

I took a minute to double-check this... the +Regen is scaling off the enemy, the +Rec isn't.  Tested against L16 and L20-25 using an L22 Blaster.

Edited by csr

On 9/25/2020 at 7:41 PM, csr said:

Thats definitely a bug that also is affecting obscure sustenance in dark armor for sentinels. It's the same bug that was affecting sky splitter in staff that they FIXED, but needs fixed on these powers as well.

I would imagine it is also bugging soul absorption in troller dark affinity.