Page 6 Preview: Sonic Manipulation, Game Balance, Piecemeal's Workshop of Horrors

Jimmy

there are primary and secondary powers as old as the game itself and here there are people asking for aesthetic changes and costume parts .. instead of thinking about how to make the final and most important part of the game the pvp on par with other games. the pvp in coh has no purpose except an area where people are there to insult !!! fix the old powers just change the values make all the auras competitive for the melee make sense of the epic powers that there are so many useless powers in the I play both pve and pvp

43 minutes ago, Favandro said:

there are primary and secondary powers as old as the game itself and here there are people asking for aesthetic changes and costume parts .. instead of thinking about how to make the final and most important part of the game the pvp on par with other games. the pvp in coh has no purpose except an area where people are there to insult !!! fix the old powers just change the values make all the auras competitive for the melee make sense of the epic powers that there are so many useless powers in the I play both pve and pvp

I'm stuggling to see how pvp can be considered the most impotant part of the game, when a significant number of players appear to have zero interest in it. Do you think the devs should pour an untold amount of their limited time into fixing pvp when there is no real evidence it will actually encourage more players to take part?

For the record I am not against it getting fixed, I just don't see it as being the best area currently to be spending limited dev time.

• Like 3

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

• 2 weeks later

you're just one who gets scared of the competition that's why you made this comment when you've bothered to kill brainless mobs and you want to prove to yourself that you know how to build and that you really know how to play you'll try to make pvp and you'll understand that you're a bat

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Favandro said:

you're just one who gets scared of the competition that's why you made this comment when you've bothered to kill brainless mobs and you want to prove to yourself that you know how to build and that you really know how to play you'll try to make pvp and you'll understand that you're a bat

PvP in City of Heroes is a unique, but fundamentally flawed experience and attempting to fix it is a gargantuan effort that will change the entire way it operates. Further with CoH being a genuinely outdated game for mechanical design when it comes to PvP oriented games compared to the plethora of offerings that exist on the market, you're barking up the wrong tree when you're attempting to assert this. I love PvP in nearly every game I play, but CoH is a dated dinosaur when it comes to that facet unfortunately.

Also regardless of the success of PvP in any game, the casual player in almost every MMO in existence exorbitantly outnumbers the PvPers. The same as raiders/minmaxers are a minority in most MMOs regardless of the development catered to them, you're not going to garner a burgeoning playerbase from pushing for PvP changes when the entire system is is inherently broken to start.

Lets try not to assume what sort of person you're replying to regarding their experience with PvP in City of Heroes, or games in general, either, as your assertion would point out how fixing PvP would do nothing to bring more players in if many players don't share that spirit of competition you have.

Edited by Tactical
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Favandro said:

Yeah, that's why I said it, it wasn't because that is the reality of where the game is right now. PVP has never, and never will be, the most important part of the game. And if you are going to call me names  at least have the decency to quote me rather than trying to hide the fact you have done so by not tagging me.

• Like 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

• Jimmy unfeatured this topic
  • Widower locked this topic