Weekly Discussion 69: Patron Pools

GM Miss

Renewing domination fills your endurance bar. If you build for perma dom, endurance isn't that much of an issue. I really don't recall my dominator having endurance issues (though I don't play them much since I simply don't enjoy it much- perma dom is set up though). Having an endurance tool as your inherent is rather a different ballgame.

Rather than an individual patron, I’d like to see some group themed patron pools. For example (note that which specific powers available would depend on the AT; those with armor sets wouldn’t get the armor option, MMs wouldn’t get pets, etc.);

Vanguard Membership

- Impervium Armor (passive resistance)

- Rail Gun Burst/Snipe (for those needing ranged attacks)

- Strike/Slash (melee attacks from Vanguard Ranger)

- Flashbang

- Willie Pete Round

- Curse of Weariness

- Summon Vanguard Troops

Midnighter Membership

- Defensive Wards

- Ward Blast/Snipe (use the Croatoa Temp power animations)

- Magic Staff (various Midnighter Mobs have -damage, -to-hit, and hold effects)

- Melee Staff (taking a cue from the Dream Doctor for those needing melee attacks)

- Summoning (animated armor, ghosts, perhaps animus arcana).

PPD Membership (PPD Trophies as a villain variant)

- Body Armor

- Acid Mortar (debuff)

- Glue Grenade (debuff, immobilize)

- Flashbang (debuff)

- SMG/Snipe (ranged attacks)

- Billy Club (melee attacks)

- Police Raid (summon power)

Praetorian Refugee/Ally

- Power Gauntlets (various ranged, melee and debuffs from PPD)

- Personal Force Field (toggle with the grid body field animation)

- Summon Clockwork

Honorary Cimeroran

- Pilum (ranged attacks)

- Legionnaires’ Armor (or maybe Shield as a toggle)

- Gladius (melee attacks)

- Engineer’s fire bomb

- Surgeon’s healing

- Summon Cimerorans

I’d tie qualifying for each to certain badges/accomplishments... not difficult, but just to connect you to them in some way.

Ex. Vanguard Membership would require you to have unlocked the ability to earn Vanguard Merits (like I said, not difficult). Midnight Squad would require having the badge to enter the club. PPD would require completing a Safeguard mission (Mayhem Mission for PPD trophies). Praetorian would require either being a Praetorian or completing a Praetorian story arc (ex. an arc in First Ward, New Praetorians or Mr. G’s). Cimeroran would be completing one of the repeatable missions in Cimerora.

Edited by Chris24601
  • Like 4

Fusionette: Playful Kitten Mastery

( Inspired by @Luminara, who described Fusionette so perfectly )

Pounce 

- Leap onto and attacks the nearest enemy; short-range teleport, inflicting both moderate damage and a minor stun on the target.

Rescue

- With as often as Fusionette has been captured and rescued, you have become a master of escaping from captivity. Works like Break Free, snapping you out of any hold/immobilize/sleep or similar mez and giving a small boost to your To-Hit for a short time.

Adorable Look

- Fix your enemies with a look of such utter adorableness, they are flung backwards by the sheer force of your charm. AoE knockback and minor placate.

Blast-Proof

- Fusionette doesn't have the best aim, and sometimes her enthusiasm gets the better of her accuracy. You've taken so many indirect and accidental blasts from her that you have developed a resistance to Smashing and Energy damage, as well as considerable protection from Knockback. This power is always on and costs no endurance.

Call Fusionette

- Fusionette swoops in to aid you, as you have aided her so many times in the past, going after your enemies with her trademark enthusiasm and vibrancy! *While technically a pet, Fusionette will not listen to your commands, and instead will act on her own whims.

Edited by Hexquisite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, drbuzzard said:

Renewing domination fills your endurance bar. If you build for perma dom, endurance isn't that much of an issue. I really don't recall my dominator having endurance issues (though I don't play them much since I simply don't enjoy it much- perma dom is set up though). Having an endurance tool as your inherent is rather a different ballgame.

No, it's not. I promise you.

21 minutes ago, kiramon said:

No, it's not. I promise you.

Certainly beats having nothing like a bunch of the brute sets (without taking a certain EPP).

I'm not against Doms getting a pool like that, but I certainly cannot agree that melee ATs lack endurance concerns (or have the least). It very much varies by powerset, which is also the case for defenders, corrupters, MMs, and controllers.

@Zepp I was going to suggest one of each of your three sets, which is essentially what @Chris24601 suggested -- I quite like the notion of adding new patrons that are intentionally diverse in the content they're obtained from.  

• Mender Silos with temporal mastery (or just call it straight-up Time Travel)
  • Red Widow Poison Mastery from @Tyrannical's list, intentionally separate from the patron arcs in design
  • Sunstorm providing a Cosmic mastery
  • Someone providing Vanguard mastery (Lady Grey?)
  • I would suggest someone new for Midnighter mastery.  For such a large organization, we have remarkably few faces.  (EDIT: Sigil could work)
  • A single member of the Freedom Phalanx - I suggest Positron with a split between devices and radiation.

I like the idea of a couple of Praetorian options but tbh, most either aren't iconic enough or don't offer anything new (by design, if you think about it).  Vanessa DeVore is the coolest character, but we already have a lot of psychics.

One final thing:

• New patrons should still require quests, but I think they should be 1 hard(ish) mission, or equivalently few short missions.
    • Mission 1: click on plaques to learn why X is important.
    • Mission 2: mission designed to tap your own potential or gain knowledge.  Not being gifted the power of your "patron."
Edited by Replacement

1 hour ago, drbuzzard said:

Certainly beats having nothing like a bunch of the brute sets (without taking a certain EPP).

I'm not against Doms getting a pool like that, but I certainly cannot agree that melee ATs lack endurance concerns (or have the least). It very much varies by powerset, which is also the case for defenders, corrupters, MMs, and controllers.

Body/Energy solves so many problems (assuming a Perf Shifter)... While I think Endurance should be added to APPs for sure, I just don't think Melees are the reason for it. Laughably, The number of sets that Melee have that help with endurance outnumber the # of Dom primaries, and barely fall short of total dom Secondaries, lol

I only have 1 invuln character (a stalker) and with Body and endurance runs just fine on it.  But I do hear you. 

For reference:

Melee:

Bio

Electric

Energy

Fiery

Ice

Rad

Regeneration

Willpower

Dark Melee

Nin

Dom:

Psi

Cor/Def/Controller/MM:

Cold

Electrical

Empathy

Kin

KINDA NATURE

KINDA TIME

Blitz Mastery (Marshal Blitz, that is) honoring Warburg's devotion to being the most explosive place on Earth.
1. A grenade. It blows up who you throw it at.
2. Blast suit. passive RES to Lethal/Smash/Fire. Sometimes accidents happen.
3. Bluster & Intimidation: a clicked pbaoe fear because your fiery rhetoric fills everyone nearby with dread.
4. A bazooka. It blows up people you point it at.
5. Target Marking: designate a target on the ground and Warburg will shoot a missile at it. Boom!

Edited by UpandAtom

14 minutes ago, Replacement said:

@Zepp I was going to suggest one of each of your three sets, which is essentially what @Chris24601 suggested -- I quite like the notion of adding new patrons that are intentionally diverse in the content they're obtained from. 

I have a half dozen sets of sets I am working on, the next one I post will be the Praetorian Loyalists, but I was just deciding which ones to choose. I was also wondering if I would see some reaction to the inclusion of a travel-ish power in one of the sets (combat flight)...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

What about a launch-from-anywhere Trial, @Ura Hero?

Hit level 35.  Open LFG window.  Either queue up with a team, or just Lock-and-Launch solo.  And away you go!

Bim bam boom!  Complete the Trial.  Unlock your Patron.  Get spat back out in the exact same spot you launched from.

. . . would be nice if that's how Cape and Aura Missions worked back in the day . . . good gravy was the Villain cape mission a pain in the butt with all the back-and-forth travel busywork.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

What about a launch-from-anywhere Trial, @Ura Hero?

Hit level 35.  Open LFG window.  Either queue up with a team, or just Lock-and-Launch solo.  And away you go!

Bim bam boom!  Complete the Trial.  Unlock your Patron.  Get spat back out in the exact same spot you launched from.

. . . would be nice if that's how Cape and Aura Missions worked back in the day . . . good gravy was the Villain cape mission a pain in the butt with all the back-and-forth travel busywork.

That is a fine idea.  I had forgotten the cape and aura missions required the same exercise.  If it is an unlock, have it launch from LFG.  Puts some of the more hidden content into the light that newbies won't stumble on without serious searching.

• Thanks 1

Idea 4: Praetorian Loyalist Patron Pools

Tyrant: Inexplicably Overpowered Boring Character Mastery

Bone Smasher

Unyielding

Whirling Hands

Summon Mindless Minions (like Gangwar, but with PPD Troopers)

Unstoppable

[Alternative - PPD style powers]

Nightstar: Technological Mastery

Energy Torrent

Kinetic Shield

Typhoon's Edge (uses Nightstar-like blades)

Summon Nightstar v1.7 (summons a version of Nightstar that looks like the pre-upgrade model)

Nova

Bobcat: Wild Mastery

Savage Strike

Adaptive Nature (like Evolving Armor, but minimal effects)

Rending Fury

Summon Ocelot

Savage Leap

Diabolique: Infernal Mastery

Siphon Power

Sphere of Influence (like Rise to the Challenge, but with hellfire animations)

Chill of the Night

Summon Poltergeist

Force Bomb

IVy, Antimatter, Neuron, Battle Maiden, Black Swan, Chimera, Marauder, & Shadowhunter could also be considered.

I thought I should honor the efforts made to make the female characters in Going Rogue just as engaging the male characters. While the game tends to focus on the male characters, the women really shine in the Praetorian Loyalist camp... Actually, the hardest choice I had was between going with Nightstar and going with IVy.

Edited by Zepp

Idea 5: Cimeroran Patron Pools

Imperious: Zealous Mastery

Foot Stomp

Hardened Position (team +res (Sm/Le)

Hand Clap

Summon Castrorum

Divine Intervention (team rez)

Daedalus: Archaic Mastery

Cosmic Burst

Metabolic Acceleration

Choking Cloud

Summon Assembler Prince (yup, this is where I think a good Clockwork Summon fits!)

Nova

Senator Decimus Aquila: Senatorial Mastery

Scream

Negotiation (like Mind over Body)

Engaging Speech (like Sirens Song, but using clipboard emote)

Summon Praetorian Guard (like Praefectus Castrorum, but with purple instead of red and silver instead of black)

Outrage (like Dreadful Wail, but using frustrated emote)

Romulus Augustus: Opposition Mastery

Push Back

Energized Shield

Pilum

Summon Poltergeist

Phalanx Fighting

Marcus Valerius or Julia Pria could also be considered.

Edited by Zepp

Idea 6: Midnighter Patron Pools

Mercedes Sheldon: Artifact Mastery

Wand of Might (like Blackwand, but smashing/energy damage and energy blast type effects)

Ring of Protection (like Wedding Band)

Shroud of Fear (like Cloak of Fear, but with Arcane Hood & Arcane High Collar Cape - overwrites certain costume options)

Summon Living Armor

Altar of Baal (summon an Altar, +regen, +recovery aura - destruction results in Medium Explosion)

Ashley McKnight: Dark Arts Mastery

Corruption

Fire Shield (but with dark purple infernal fire animations)

Brimstone (Summon Demon Prince animation but with no Demon Prince, causes a Toxic/Fire damage patch)

Summon Midnight Squad Hermetic Master

Usurp Strength (like Soul Drain, but with dark purple infernal fire animations and fire/toxic damage)

Montague Castanella: Perception Mastery

Future Pain

Foresight

Time Shift

Summon Midnight Squad Spirit Master

Chrono Shift

Percy Winkley: Lore Mastery

Minor Cantrip (like Arcane Bolt)

Dumb Luck (+Def all)

Fortuitous Accident (like Mass Levitate, but with Runes Aura animation)

Summon Midnight Squad Force Mages (3)

Origin of Power (AoE +Dmg, +ToHit for team)

• Like 1

I'm only including five powers in each set to get a flavor of what it could look like, but they would need to be adjusted for different ATs (with the exception of the Kheldian ones, which would just be fore the Kheldian ATs). Right now I am looking at Vanguard Patrons, Rikti Patrons, Hero Patrons, and two expansion Villain Patrons. Hopefully I can get them up before this thread closes.

Idea 7: Vanguard Patron Pools

Lady Grey: Leadership Mastery

Life Drain

Shadow Fall

Oppressive Gloom

Summon Vanguard Wizard

Blackstar

Dark Watcher: Mystery Mastery

Burning Touch (like Aging Touch, but Fire/Neg damage and infernal flames animation)

Person in Black (like Jaunt, but 5s recharge, +def (all) for 30s (does not stack))

Defense Aura (PBAoE, Energy, foe -End, Sleep)

Summon Vanguard Sorcerer

Freezing Sphere

Borea: Shield Mastery

Ki Push

Energy Cloak

Repulsion Bomb

Summon Shield HVAS

Energy Drain

Gaussian: Tactical Mastery

Cobra Strike

Coordination (Team +Res (all but Psi))

First Strike (like Shield Charge, but no shield)

Summon Sword HVAS

Never Tell Me the Odds (like Against All Odds, but click)

Levantera, Serpent Drummer, Faultline, or Fusionette could also be considered.

• Like 1

Idea 8: Rikti Patron Pools

Dra'Gon: Alien Flames Mastery

Fire Blast

Cauterizing Aura

Fire Breath

Summon Clone of Honoree

Consume

Hro'Dtohz: War Mastery

Blade Slice

True Grit

Blade Swing (converted to cone)

Summon War Rider

Blade Drop (like The Lotus Drops, but with Rikti blade)

Lk'Onik: Psionic Mastery

Dominate

Psionic Dispersion (like Sonic Dispersion, but +Res (all but Tox)

Total Domination

Summon Chief Mesmerist

Energy Drain

C'Kelkah: Tradition Mastery

Mental Blast

Traditional Armor (like Scorpion Shield, but Psi resistance instead of Tox)

Mass Hypnosis

Summon Portal (Summons a Rikti Portal for 240s or until destroyed, through which a rikti monkey spawns every 3s and a rikti minion spawns every 10s)

Hope (like Rise of the Phoenix, but with energy animations)

Rikti Magus, or U'Kon Gr'ai could also be considered.

Edited by Zepp

On 9/21/2020 at 7:41 PM, Tyrannical said:

Lord Recluse is a hard villain to pin as far as core abilities go, as many of his powers are very much alike to Mace Mastery in nature.

Recluse’s powers are weird, yeah. He has the powers of Tartarus, but what this does for him is unclear. He avoids using his power because he doesn’t want to lose himself to the Well, so most of what he does is Arachnos technology. I believe his electric uppercut attack is the only power we see him use that actually uses his incarnate power.

5 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Recluse’s powers are weird, yeah. He has the powers of Tartarus, but what this does for him is unclear. He avoids using his power because he doesn’t want to lose himself to the Well, so most of what he does is Arachnos technology. I believe his electric uppercut attack is the only power we see him use that actually uses his incarnate power.

The only other idea I had was to give players a Pool version of the Crab Spider powers, but I think with how glitchy the crabpack can be, I wanted to avoid it.

I’m gonna dump on everyone’s parade and point out that the majority of signature characters could not grant patron powers like the Arachnos patrons. Ghost Widow and Scirocco both teach you specific kinds of magic, Mako shares with you power from a godlike entity that he also draws power from, and Black Scorpion just hands over pieces of Arachnos technology you can use. There’s no way for, say, Synapse to somehow share with another character the Crey experiments that gave him his powers, or Positron the mutation that powers his armor. I’m certainly down for adding more APPs (it’s one of my biggest wants for the game, in fact), but in a generic way that doesn’t tie into the lore, same as the normal epic pools.

There is one major potential patron pool I would love to see, however: the IDF and Praetorian Police powers. It basically has everything you need for a good Patron pool: unique looks, lore behind it, and a wide variety of powers to fit the different ATs’ needs from APPs.

Edited by Vanden

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 6:44 PM, Troo said:

Olympus (War and technology themed, ranged)

Plasma Blast (Ranged) Foe -Regeneration
Plasma burns are hard to heal. The burns can temporarily halt target's Regeneration rate.

Gas Swarm Missiles Ranged, Area of Effect, Lethal, Foe Hold
Can launch a pack of Gas Swarm Missiles

Incendiary Swarm Missiles Ranged, Area of Effect, Lethal, +Burn
Can launch a small pack of Incendiary Swarm Missiles

Resistance Toggle, Self
Resistances

Swarm Missiles Ranged, Area of Effect, Lethal, Foe Knockback
Can launch a large pack of Incendiary Swarm Missiles

King Spirit (Nature's dark side, melee)

Reveal hidden contents

Scorch (Melee, Fire) Damage Over Time (Fire)
The hands are engulfed in flames, igniting the target.

Cinders Point Blank Area of Effect, Foe Hold
Incapacitates foes around the caster by whirling Cinders around them. The targets are left helpless, choking on the soot. Recharge: Very Long.

Hidden Placate or Stealth
Can occasionally become untargetable or hide as a tree in plain sight.

Embraced Darkness Toggle: +DEF(All), +Res(Immobilize, Hold, Knockback), +Perception

Your enemies can see you but have difficulty catching you.

Fire Stomp (Melee, Point Blank Area of Effect, Foe Knockback) Damage over Time (Fire)
Set your enemies ablaze with this Fire Stomp.

Tank/Brute epic pools of shoulder missiles like the big Bot for Robotics please.... pleeeeeeeeeeeease. Not too proud to beg. Although I also want pistols for scrappers as an epic and katana/MA for controllers.

Also of all the epics I've only seen a stun in Sentinel electrics and dark def for the toggle stun.

Edited by Rejolt

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

Can we please get some more options in the current ancillary patron sets. I like how fire and primal give a couple attacks for controllers. I wish the other sets would also give some attacks for controllers. For example Mu master only gives one. Couldn’t you add some more attacks.  I would love lightning bolt add to the set so I had a few attacks. Here is hoping 

Going off my suggestion from earlier, I came up with a second set of options for villain/hero ancillary powers, this time based off the Patron's Lieutenants and the Vindicators!

This way, there are 5 more villain patrons and 9 completely new hero patrons, so there is once again an even amount of choices on each side as per the last suggestion.

Red Widow - Poison Mastery

Spoiler

Taken from my other suggestion, I think Red Widow might work here, since she's pretty high up in the Arachnos hierarchy. 

Example Powers:

Poison EnvenomAoE.png - Envenom

Poison WeakenAoE.png - Weaken

Poison NeurotoxicBreath.png - Neurotoxic Breath

Poison VenomousGas.png - Venomous Gas

NinjaTools Immob.png - Immobilizing Dart

NinjaTools Hold.png - Paralyzing Dart

PlantControl SporeBurst.png - Spore Burst

WidowTraining PoisonDart.png - Poison Dart

WidowTraining DartBurst.png - Dart Burst

WidowTraining Swipe.png - Swipe

WidowTraining Spin.png - Spin

WidowTraining Lunge.png - Lunge

BioOrganicArmor HardenedSkin.png - Inoculation (new resistance power for smashing, lethal, toxic and psi)

IceAssault PowerBoost.png - Power Boost

Ice Mistral - Storm Mastery

Spoiler

Ice mistral is Scirroco's apprentice, and as such she can teach others how to manipulate the powers of the Four Winds.

Example Powers:

StormSummoning SnowStorm.png - Snow Storm

StormSummoning FreezingRain.png - Freezing Rain

StormSummoning Tornado.png - Tornado

IceFormation Chillblains.png - Chilblain

IceBlast BitterFreezeRay.png - Bitter Freeze Ray

IceBlast IceBlast.png - Ice Blast

IceBlast FrostBreath.png - Frost Breath

IcyOnslaught IceSword.png - Ice Sword

IceAssault IceSwordCircle.png - Ice Sword Circle

IcyOnslaught GreaterIceSword.png - Greater Ice Sword

IceArmor IceArmor.png - Frozen Armor

IceArmor HP.png - Hoarfrost 

IceArmor Hybernate.png - Hibernate

Barracuda - Sea Mastery

Spoiler

Barracuda is a little harder, since Mako has Leviathan Mastery. However, i see it as an opportunity to use some of the new water powers, as well as those unique to Coralax, with a few coral colored stone powers thrown in too.

Example Powers:

ColdDomination Sleet.png - Sleet

IceBlast FrostBreath.png - Wave of Cold

Arachnos Patron DropKnockback.png - Water Spout

EarthGrasp StonePrison.png - Coral Prison

EarthGrasp Fossilize.png - Coral Shell

AssaultWeapons ARBurst.png - Spiny Urchins

AssaultWeapons ShotgunBuckShot.png - Urchin Spray

WaterBlast HydroBlast.png - Hydro Blast

WaterBlast WaterBurst.png - Water Burst

WaterBlast Whirlpool.png - Whirlpool

WaterBlast Dehydrate.png - Dehydrate

AssaultWeapons ARBurst.png - Coral Club

AssaultWeapons ARBurst.png - Coral Slash

StoneArmor StoneSkin.png - Coral Skin

StoneArmor EarthsEmbrace.png - Sea's Embrace

Silver Mantis - Blade Mastery

Spoiler

Silver Mantis is a little harder to pin down. Yes her powers are all about big metal spikes coming out of her body, but I think as a Patron, she's more likely to teach you how to use blades not coming out of your skin.

Example Powers:

Traps DroppedAoEDebuffRunSpeed.png - Caltrops

AssaultWeapons DOT.png - Poison Dagger

DualBlades LightOpening.png - Air Cutter

DualBlades ModerateOpening.png - Power Slice

DualBlades ModerateBridge.png - Ablating Strike

DualBlades Special2.png - Sweeping Strike

DualBlades AoEBridge.png - Typhoon's Edge

MartialAssault ShurikenThrow.png - Shuriken Throw

MartialAssault TrickShot.png - Trick Shot

MartialAssault MasterfulThrow.png - Masterful Throw

MartialAssault ExplosiveShuriken.png - Explosive Shuriken

Invulnerability TemporaryInvulnerabilty.png - Temp Invulnerability

ForceMastery Unstoppable.png - Force of Nature

Wretch - Strength Mastery

Spoiler

Wretch doesn't have much he could teach, except how to break things, so I guess he'll tell you how to smash things more gooder.

Example Powers:

SuperStrength HandClap.png - Hand Clap

SuperStrength FootStomp.png - Foot Stomp

EarthAssault Fissure.png - Fissure

SuperStrength Punch.png - Punch

SuperStrength Haymaker.png - Haymaker

AssaultWeapons ARBurst.png - Throw Rock

AssaultWeapons ARBurst.png - Throw Scrap

SuperStrength Hurl.png - Hurl

Jump SpringAttack.png - Crushing Leap

Willpower HighPainTolerance.png - High Pain Tolerance

Willpower MindOverBody.png - Mind over Body

Willpower StrengthOfWill.png - Strength of Will

EarthAssault PowerBoost.png - Power Boost

Aurora Borealis - Will Mastery

Spoiler

Taken from my other suggestion, substituting Numina for Aurora.

Example Powers:

Empathy HealingAura.png - Healing Aura

PsionicAssault PsychicSiphon.png - Drain Psyche

MentalControl WorldOfConfusion.png - World of Confusion

MentalControl Terrify.png - Terrify

MentalControl Hypnotize.png - Mesmerize

MentalControl Command.png - Dominate

MentalControl MassHypnosis.png - Mass Hypnosis

PsychicBlast MentalBlast.png - Mental Blast

PsychicBlast PsionicTornado.png - Psionic Tornado

PsionicAssault MindProbe.png - Mind Probe

PsionicAssault TelekineticThrust.png - Telekinetic Thrust

PsionicAssault PsionicShockwave.png - Psychic Shockwave

Willpower MindOverBody.png - Mind Over Body

Willpower IndomitableWill.png - Indomitable Will

Willpower Reconstruction.png - Reconstruction 

Luminary - Cyber Mastery

Spoiler

Borrowed from my other suggestion, I just replaced Citadel with Luminary.

Example Powers:

ForceField RepulsionField.png - Repulsion Field

EnergyAura Drain.png - Energy Drain

EnergyAura Disrupt.png - Disrupt

Temporary TargetedHold.png - Force Netting

Temporary TargetedHold.png - Force Cage

PowerBlast PowerBlast.png - Force Blast

PowerBlast PowerBurst.png - Force Burst

ForceField RepulsionBomb.png - Impact Bomb

PowerPunch EnergyPunch.png - Force Brawl

PowerPunch BoneSmasher.png - Force Maul

PowerPunch Flurry.png - Force Shockwave

EnergyAura KineticShield.png - Kinetic Shield

EnergyAura Cloak.png - Energy Cloak

EnergyAura Energize.png - Energize

Swan - Telekinetic Mastery

Spoiler

Swan was tougher to pin down, but since her primary power is kinetics, I figured I would create a 'Telekinesis' style Patron pool.

Example Powers:

KineticBoost SiphonPower.png - Siphon Power

KineticBoost Transferance.png - Transference

KineticBoost Transfusion.png - Transfusion

MentalControl Levitate.png - Levitate

MentalControl Telekinesis.png - Telekinesis

PsionicAssault Subdue.png - Subdual

PsionicAssault TelekineticThrust.png - Telekinetic Thrust

PsionicMelee MentalStrike.png - Mental Strike

PsionicMelee TelekineticBlow.png - Telekinetic Blow

PsionicMelee MassLevitate.png - Mass Levitate

EnergyAura KineticShield.png - Kinetic Shield

EnergyAura RepellingForce.png - Repelling Force

EnergyAura Disrupt.png - Disrupt

Infernal - Hellfire Mastery

Spoiler

Infernal is a little easier to do. We basically just take fire powers and mix in some stuff from demon summoning

Example Powers:

ThermalRadiation HeatExhaustion.png - Heat Exhaustion

ThermalRadiation MeltArmor.png - Melt Armor

FlamingShield Consume.png - Consume

FireTrap Bonfire.png - Bonfire

FireTrap RingOfFire.png - Ring of Fire

FireTrap Soot.png - Char

DemonSummoning Corruption.png - Corruption

DemonSummoning Lash.png - Lash

DemonSummoning CrackWhip.png - Crack Whip

FireBlast FireBlast.png - Hellfire

FireBlast ArcOfFire.png - Hellfire Breath

FlamingShield FlamingShield.png - Fire Shield

FlamingShield HealingFlames.png - Healing Flames

FlamingShield RiseOfThePhoenix.png - Rise of the Phoenix 

Woodsman - Nature Mastery

Spoiler

Woodman is an easy one too, especially considering all the powers we have from Plant Control, Nature Affinity and Thorny Assault.

Example Powers:

NatureAffinity CorrosiveSap.png - Corrosive Enzymes

NatureAffinity SporeCloud.png - Spore Cloud

NatureAffinity Regrowth.png - Regrowth

PlantControl SporeBurst.png - Spore Burst

PlantControl Entangle.png - Entangle

PlantControl Strangler.png - Strangler

ThornyAssault Darts.png - Thorny Darts

ThornyAssault FlingThorns.png - Fling Thorns

ThornyAssault ThornBarrage.png - Thorn Barrage

ThornyAssault Skewer.png - Skewer

ThornyAssault Thorntrops.png - Thorntrops

ThornyAssault Ripper.png - Ripper

StoneArmor StoneSkin.png - Bark Armor

StoneArmor EarthsEmbrace.png - Earth's Embrace

Malaise - Psyche Mastery

Spoiler

Another borrowed suggestion, replacing Penny Yin with Malaise

Example Powers:

Awakened MentalBreakdown.png - Mental Breakdown

PainDomination AnguishingCry.png - Anguishing Cry

PainDomination NullifyPain.png - Nullify Pain

Awakened Subdue.png - Subdue

Awakened PsionicCrush.png - Psionic prison

Awakened PsionicLightning.png - Psionic Shock

Awakened PsionicLightning.png - Psionic Lightning

Awakened PsionicWounds.png - Psionic Wounds

Awakened PsionicFury.png - Psionic Fury

PsionicMelee PsiBlade.png - Psi Blade

PsionicMelee PsiBladeSweep.png - Psi Blade Sweep

PsionicMelee GreaterPsiBlade.png - Greater Psi Blade

PsionicMastery MindOverBody.png - Mind Over Body

PsionicMastery IndomitableWill.png - Indomitable Will

Valkyrie - Nanotech Mastery

Spoiler

Valkyrie is the perfect candidate for a hero version of Mace Mastery. This time, using Staff as a focus for the blasts instead of Mace, and using the FX of Beam Rifle.

Example Powers:

ShockTherapy Shock.png - Shock

ShockTherapy Discharge.png - Discharge

ShockTherapy RejuvenatingCircuit.png - Rejuvenating Circuit

StaffFighting PreciseStrike.png - Precise Strike

StaffFighting GuardedSpin.png - Guarded Spin

StaffFighting EyeoftheStorm.png - Eye of the Storm

StaffFighting SkySplitter.png - Sky Splitter

Arachnos Patron RangedAoEModerateDmg.png - Disruptor Blast

Arachnos Patron TargetedRangedModDmg.png - Weapon Beam

Arachnos Patron TargetedRangedHighDmg.png - Weapon Blast

Arachnos Patron RangedConeModerateDmg.png - Weapon Beam Volley

ElectricArmor SelfBuffDefensePhysical.png - Charged Armor

ElectricArmor Energize.png - Energize

ElectricArmor SelfBuffDefense.png - Power Surge

Mynx - Wild Mastery

Spoiler

Mynx is a toughie. A little generic for the most part, but I think a good candidate to use powers from Savage Melee, and powers from Beasts too!

Example Powers:

SonicDebuff DebuffDamRes.png - Growl

DarknessControl FearsomeStare.png - Roar

SavageMelee MaimingSlash.png - Maiming Slash

SavageMelee ViciousSlash.png - Vicious Slash

SavageMelee Shred.png - Shred

SavageMelee SavageLeap.png - Feral Charge

WidowTraining PoisonDart.png - Claw Blade

WidowTraining DartBurst.png - Blade Barrage

Claws Focus.png - Focus

Claws Wave.png - Shockwave

Gadgets TargetingDrone.png - Focused Accuracy

BodyMastery PhysicalPerfection.png - Physical Perfection

BodyMastery ConservePower.png - Conserve Power

SavageMelee BloodThirst.png - Blood Thirst

Ms. Liberty - Martial Mastery

Spoiler

Ms Liberty is the perfect fit for a natural themed heroside Patron, so we can use a lot of martial themed powers here!

Example Powers:

MartialManipulation ReactionTime.png - Reaction Time

MartialManipulations ThrowSand.png - Throw Sand

MartialManipulation KiPush.png - Ki Push

MartialArts CobraStrike.png - Cobra Strike

MartialArts CripplingHookKick.png - Crippling Axe Kick

Brawling HeavyBlow.png - Thunder Kick

MartialAssault SpinningKick.png - Spinning Kick

MartialManipulation BurstofSpeed.png - Burst of Speed

MartialManipulation DragonsTail.png - Dragon's Tail

Brawling LowKick.png - Eagle's Claw

MartialManipulation InnerWill.png - Inner Will

SuperReflexes FocusedFighting.png - Focused Fighting

SuperReflexes Elude.png - Elude

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 10:44 AM, Chris24601 said:

Rather than an individual patron, I’d like to see some group themed patron pools. For example (note that which specific powers available would depend on the AT; those with armor sets wouldn’t get the armor option, MMs wouldn’t get pets, etc.);

I’d tie qualifying for each to certain badges/accomplishments... not difficult, but just to connect you to them in some way.

Ex. Vanguard Membership would require you to have unlocked the ability to earn Vanguard Merits (like I said, not difficult). Midnight Squad would require having the badge to enter the club. PPD would require completing a Safeguard mission (Mayhem Mission for PPD trophies). Praetorian would require either being a Praetorian or completing a Praetorian story arc (ex. an arc in First Ward, New Praetorians or Mr. G’s). Cimeroran would be completing one of the repeatable missions in Cimerora.

I am mixed on this. Nightward was the singular best thing that ever happened to ITF.

Gating things is just something I am strongly against in this game. If it is gated, unless I have a cheese way in (group member of, but not leading the witch tf for instance), I just won't ever ever ever do it.

If the gate is easily achieved by standard, arbitrary play, then I am good with it. Your examples here seem a nice balance. Maybe could make them a bit like an arc of badges or so ((vg merits + 1 lgtf) or (completion of a ship raid) etc etc), and that would be interesting. THe more work that is involved, the less likely it would be to get done.

A Portal Power group would be nice: completion of tinamac + jenkins arcs!

But then, you cant really give above average power to one pool over another with difficulty to obtain because "balance all the things" 😐

I threw out a lot of suggestions thus far, so I was thinking, how could we balance things out and make an evenly balanced spread of Patrons... So, here is my suggestion:

Hero (5):

Spoiler

Penelope Yin (Psychic Mastery)

Telekinetic Blow

Foresight

Usurping of the Will (like Static Field, but with Psy animations)

Summon Posse (summons three clockwork lieutenants)

Mass Levitate

C'Kelkah (Tradition Mastery)

Mental Blast

Traditional Armor (like Scorpion Shield, but Psi resistance instead of Tox)

Mass Hypnosis

Summon Portal (Summons a Rikti Portal for 240s or until destroyed, through which a rikti monkey spawns every 3s and a rikti minion spawns every 10s)

Hope (like Rise of the Phoenix, but with energy animations)

Daedalus (Archaic Mastery)

Cosmic Burst

Metabolic Acceleration

Choking Cloud

Summon Assembler Prince (yup, this is where I think a good Clockwork Summon fits!)

Nova

Back Alley Brawler (Strength Mastery)

Haymaker

Resist Physical Damage

Hand Clap (but with some damage added)

Summon Regulator (like Blue Steel, but gender and race are randomized)

Foot Stomp

Senator Decimus Aquila (Senatorial Mastery)

Scream

Negotiation (like Mind over Body)

Engaging Speech (like Sirens Song, but using clipboard emote)

Summon Praetorian Guard (like Praefectus Castrorum, but with purple instead of red and silver instead of black)

Outrage (like Dreadful Wail, but using frustrated emote)

Rogue & Vigilante (5):

Spoiler

Mender Silos: Temporal Mastery

Aging Touch (added -regen effect)

Temporal Displacement (Similar effects to Field Operative optional Gaussian blur effect - if possible)

Distortion Field (added -regen effect, increased chance for hold)

Summon Singularity

Time Lord

Mercedes Sheldon: Artifact Mastery

Wand of Might (like Blackwand, but smashing/energy damage and energy blast type effects)

Ring of Protection (like Wedding Band)

Shroud of Fear (like Cloak of Fear, but with Arcane Hood & Arcane High Collar Cape - overwrites certain costume options)

Summon Living Armor

Altar of Baal (summon an Altar, +regen, +recovery aura - destruction results in Medium Explosion)

Lady Grey: Leadership Mastery

Life Drain

Shadow Fall

Oppressive Gloom

Summon Vanguard Wizard

Blackstar

Dark Watcher: Mystery Mastery

Burning Touch (like Aging Touch, but Fire/Neg damage and infernal flames animation)

Person in Black (like Jaunt, but 5s recharge, +def (all) for 30s (does not stack))

Defense Aura (PBAoE, Energy, foe -End, Sleep)

Summon Vanguard Sorcerer

Freezing Sphere

Lk'Onik: Psionic Mastery

Dominate

Psionic Dispersion (like Sonic Dispersion, but +Res (all but Tox)

Total Domination

Summon Chief Mesmerist

Energy Drain

Villain (5):

Spoiler

Captain Mako (Leviathan Mastery)

As is

Black Scorpion (Mace Mastery)

As is

Scirocco (Mu Mastery)

As is

Ghost Widow (Soul Mastery)

As is

Dra'Gon: Alien Flames Mastery

Fire Blast

Cauterizing Aura

Fire Breath

Summon Clone of Honoree

Consume

Praetorian (5):

Spoiler

Vanessa DeVore: Resistance Mastery

Telekinetic Blast

Resistance (like DeVore's Resistance power)

Psychic Scream

Summon Decoys (like Phantom Army, default clones of user)

Healing Aura

Jack Hammer (Medical Mastery)

Snap Shots

Pickmeup (like Shadowmeld, but Adrenal Booster animation and +Reg, +Rec)

Overcharged Shots

Summon Resistance (summons Elite Resistance Officer)

Fixadine (like Adrenal Booster)

Tyrant (Inexplicably Overpowered Boring Character Mastery)

Force Maul (Praetorian Police version)

Unyielding

Force Wave (Praetorian Police Version)

Summon Mindless Minions (like Gangwar, but with PPD Troopers)

Impact Bomb (Praetorian Police Version)

Nightstar (Technological Mastery)

Energy Torrent

Kinetic Shield

Typhoon's Edge (uses Nightstar-like blades)

Summon Nightstar v1.7 (summons a version of Nightstar that looks like the pre-upgrade model)

Nova

Bobcat (Wild Mastery)

Savage Strike

Adaptive Nature (like Evolving Armor, but minimal effects)

Rending Fury

Summon Ocelot

Savage Leap

Kheldian (5) (only available for Kheldians)

Spoiler

Sunstorm (Kheldian Solar Mastery) [fire damage]
Internal Refraction (like Fire Cages, but with some rainbowish particle effects)

Sunstrike (like Cremate, but with energy fists)

Prism (like Char, but with rainbowish particle effects)

Summon Sun Cyst (looks like a Shadow Cyst, only orangish; every 15s for 240s summons a Bright Nova (orangish) that lasts for 30s or until defeated and has attacks converted to fire damage)

Sunbreak (like Rise of the Phoenix, but with light flashes)

Moonfire (Kheldian Lunar Mastery) [cold damage]
Lunar landing (like Frostbite, but with Freezing Rain type patch (but no rain))
Goodnight Moon (like Flash Freeze, but with a momentary moon effect)

Moonshot (like Block of Ice, but with Stalagmite effects)

Summon Moon Cyst (looks like Shadow Cyst, only pale blueish; every 15s for 240s summons a Bright Nova (pale bluish) that lasts for 30s or until defeated and has attacks converted to cold damage)

Lunar Sustenance (like Hibernate, but with different graphics)

Shadowstar (Kheldian Mental Mastery) [psychic damage]
Shadow of Consciousness (like Mass Hypnosis, but with a smoky effect)

Doubt (like Mind Probe, but with a smoky effect)

Jungian Insight (like Dominate, but with a smoky effect)

Summon Darkstar Cyst (looks like Shadow Cyst, only purplish; every 15s for 240s summons a Dark Nova (purplish) that lasts for 30s or until defeated and has attacks converted to psychic damage)
Starburst (like EM Pulse, but with some shadows and it effects all targets the same as EM Pulse affects robots)

Requiem (Nictus Brute Mastery) [smashing damage]

Weak Foundations (like Fissure)

Requiem for a Dream (like Salt Crystals)

Grasp of the Earth (like Fossilize)

Summon World Cyst (looks like Shadow Cyst, only grayish; every 15s for 240s summons a Black Dwarf (grayish) that lasts for 30s or until defeated and has attacks converted to smashing damage)

Homefield Advantage (like Earth's Embrace)

Arakhn (Nictus Precision Mastery) [lethal damage]

Dark Embrace (like Electrified Net Arrow, but with web grenade animation and black with orange/yellow glow)

Nictus Shards (like Caltrops, but black with orange/yellow glow)

Relief (like Sleep Grenade, but black with orange/yellow glow)

Summon Death Cyst (looks like Shadow Cyst, only glow is orange/yellow; every 15s for 240s summons a White Dwarf (black with orange/yellow glow) that lasts for 30s or until defeated and has attacks converted to lethal damage)

Deadly Speed (like Vorpal Judgement, but with an orange/yellow aura on "clones")