I feel gullible

Aeroprism

Hello beautiful people!

A nice stranger offered me a macro today and it sounds too good to be true.  It goes like this:

/macro_image "Teleportation_LongRangeTeleport" "Teleport:Cosmic Platform" "enterbasefrompasscode COSMICTRANSPORT-6608"

And since I'm a curious cat, I tried it.  Brings me to a very neat SG base with all the utilitary NPCs, trainers, vaults, services and TPs in the game.

Am I in trouble now?  Is this cheating?

Thanks!

• Haha 3

Yes it is cheating and no you aren't in trouble.  

The /enterbasefrompasscode is a dev code that accidentally got leaked to the players.  We are welcome to use it until the devs reign it in by finding a suitable substitute.

After making your own base, you can type /sgpasscode WORD where WORD is whatever you want, then the game will provide numbers so it looks like WORD-NUMBER.  This allows you and friends to wander off to your own base whenever you want.

Happy hunting!

Edit:  keep in mind they are only good for the shard they are made on, so a passcode for a base on Everlasting wont do me any good on Indomitable.

Edited by EmmySky
  • Like 1

• Game Master

You are not violating the Code of Conduct by using /enterbasefrompasscode, and yes, it's not meant for player use.  A later update will address that, as well as making Base Teleport... well, not useless in comparison.

Keep in mind, certain groups like PvP will have contest rules against it's use, so be careful using it in certain types of play.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

8 hours ago, GM Tahquitz said:

You are not violating the Code of Conduct by using /enterbasefrompasscode, and yes, it's not meant for player use.  A later update will address that, as well as making Base Teleport... well, not useless in comparison.

Keep in mind, certain groups like PvP will have contest rules against it's use, so be careful using it in certain types of play.

I am so sad. That thing is the best thing since sliced bread!

Are there any bribes that would work to keep it available?

• Like 1

=(

I was on beta last night..

some of the names might be old. I'll double check the links are at least good. Thanks for the heads up. But at least you opened the first spoiler, in return you made me look up 'petard'.

well played.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I think this is such a great bind, and even greater addition to the game. It gives everyone access to easier travel, trainer, Icon etc. Especially awesome for new characters and people who don't want a base or don't have an sg. I hope the devs allow this to remain a part of our awesome game.

• Like 1
y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

It would be nice to keep the enter_base_from_passcode the way it is. However having a small timer and or preventing it from working in missions like the auction house would be understandable.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

56 minutes ago, Crimsonpyre said:

It would be nice to keep the enter_base_from_passcode the way it is. However having a small timer and or preventing it from working in missions like the auction house would be understandable.

The primary objection to it appears to be that it can be used to skip out ahead of being defeated, either in PvP or when running a Mo TF. If it were tweaked to do an 'in combat' check to disable its use, similarly to the way movement suppression works, that would remove it as a "Help me, Mr. Wizard!" button (and that dates me...) power, so it remains a way to get around zones (and access the trainer/vendor/tailor NPCs and storage).

• Like 2

I actually like it better conceptually than the older alternative. 

Getting teleported to a Super Faction Base is very Justice League feeling. 

Having to manipulate your Time Travel Powers as an Uber Stand-in, feels less so.  (Ouro portal)  

Taking the El-Train to fight crime(tm) seems least so. 

• Like 1

Just make it so you can't use it when you're dead.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

2 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

Problem is people use it to avoid becoming dead.

Isn't that what inspirations are for?

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty