Community Project: Homecoming Team Appreciation - Trick or Treating!

FoulVileTerror

The Homecoming Team has done a lot for us.  They've put up with a lot from some of us too (*raises own hand*).  It would probably be a good idea for us to do something for them.

But what?  

Naturally we can't get them anything for their real lives.  Their privacy would be at risk.

So what can we give them in-game, or in the forums, or through other means?

Hallowe'en is coming soon; the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! ™

And what's Hallowe'en without Trick or Treating?

SO!  I see @EmmySky's comment about fake-cheese-flavoured corn puff snacks, and I think . . . wouldn't it be nice if we -could- give the GMs and Devs snacks in appreciation?

Alas, the game doesn't have any snacks.   But it does have Salvage, Recipes, Inspirations, and Enhancements.

Which leads me to the plan (which is a work in progress, so feel free to criticize and help me work out the kinks, please):

Those of us who have deep pockets should team up with those of us who have talent in base building, and create a series of "homes" for the GMs/Devs and other players to Trick or Treat to!  And the GMs/Devs could do this under the cover of whatever accounts they want to, so they don't even "out" themselves as GMs or Devs!  You know; like wearing a costume, wink-wink, nudge-nudge.

Basically, we pair out and team up; someone with loot to burn and someone with a wonderful base.   We then compile a list of these bases and when they'll be staffed, and we open the doors (passcodes) and allow folks to come Trick or Treating to us.  And when I say "wonderful base," I do acknowledge that we have a very wide variety of talent.  If -you- feel your base is wonderful, then that's good enough for me!  

Hallowe'en is on a Saturday this year, so the timing couldn't be better!

What do you folks think?  

Is this plausible?   Feasible?

Can we scrounge up enough participants in time?

Homecoming Team members; would you like for this to happen?  Is there something else you'd rather the community do instead?

-------

In-game Global Channel available:

/chanjoin TorT

Short for "Trick or Treat"

-------

LEDGER (total:  5,250,000,000):

2020-09-25 :   Received 1,000,000,000 from an anonymous donor.

2020-09-27 :   Received 1,000,000,000 from an anonymous donor (2).

2020-09-27 :   Received 50,000,000 from an anonymous donor (3).

2020-10-07 :   Received 2,000,000,000 from my spouse.

2020-10-14 :   Received 50,000,000 from @Pengy.

2020-10-17 :   Received 50,000,000 from an anonymous donor (4).

2020-10-17 :   Received 50,000,000 from an anonymous donor (4).

2020-10-20 :   Received 50,000,000 from @HelBlaiz.

2020-10-20 :   Received 1,000,000,000 from my spouse.

BASE PASSCODES:

- Everlasting:

SnakeDen-13098

- Excelsior:

None yet.

- Reunion:

Summer-4958

Welcome-2928

- Indomitable:

None yet.

- Torchbearer:

Haunt-10265

VOLUNTEERS:

@Dacy - specific time(s) not yet determined.

@Luminara - 2AM to 8AM Eastern.

@DawL - specific time(s) not yet determined.

Edited by FoulVileTerror
Added Ledger, Base Passcodes, and Volunteers, and the Global Channel.
  • Like 6

unknown.png.7a7fffff07a81e90a4aec2e12e8828d6.png

He's going to take one look at the kids, say, "Chocolate Nips or Cheese Nips?", and Halloween will be cancelled.  Forever.

MARK MY WORDS.

I can throw 50,000,000 in the pot if my safety, and that of my nips, is guaranteed.  >.>

• Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Short version:

Prep:

- Collect donations / donators

- Build /find haunted house bases

- Organize things here a week before Hallowe'en (including which bases we have for this, and which donators are available for which timeslots)

Execution:

- Station donators in bases

- Donators hand out donations to guests (hopefully including the members of the Homecoming Team)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

Short version:

Prep:

- Collect donations / donators

- Build /find haunted house bases

- Organize things here a week before Hallowe'en (including which bases we have for this, and which donators are available for which timeslots)

Execution:

- Station donators in bases

- Donators hand out donations to guests (hopefully including the members of the Homecoming Team)

I dig the idea but work is...stressful right now.  I cannot commit time or a base but I will throw cash your way.  Which global shall I sent it to VT, you have so many, lol?

• Thanks 1

I will send out a $50,000,000 Donation Email to @VileTerrorover the coming weekend, was thinking we need to do something positive for the Devs for quite some time.

• Thanks 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Wow.   $50,000,000?  I could make a bid for the City of Heroes intellectual property rights with that!  Thanks so much, @Marine X!

(Yes, I realize that you probably meant 50,000,000 Inf . . . but I would definitely still accept e-transfers of real money too (Don't actually send real money here.  I don't want Homecoming getting in trouble.))

• Haha 3

I've had a few people contact me in private as well, just so folks know that there's additional interest in this.

However, so far most people have been donating Inf.  What we'll also need are boots on the ground; players willing to hand out the goodies to the trick or treaters.

Even if you personally can't dedicate that kind of time, please reach out to your friends and fellow players.  See if there's anyone out there who would be willing to donate their time on the given day(s)/night(s) to make this all happen.

Thank you!

I can offer up a base, though I won't be able to be there on the Saturday!

SNAKEDEN-13098

Sort of a cave-base, small but home to a aggressive wasp-snake.... great for a trick or treat spot out in Perez, as it is rumored the snake-wasp monster in the cave won't be lurking on such a Saturday.... so welcome one, welcome all! *Mind the skateboard*

• Thanks 2

While donations were quick to flow in initially, and a few bases have been put in to tentative use, we are in dire need of volunteers for the event.  It would only take an hour of time or so, and would be very low intensity tasks (standing around, chatting a little, and handing out items to visitors).

If you're unable to volunteer personally but would like to see the event succeed, please consider reaching out to your friends and colleagues in-game and spread the word.  It would be greatly appreciated, everyone!

A haunted house base has been created for Torchbearer, thanks to @VuDu DawL and @Dacy is working on one for Everlasting.

We don't have any bases offered for Indomitable or Excelsior yet, and we are SERIOUSLY understaffed with volunteers.

If we don't get some more support, I'll discuss plans with the donors and see what they'd like their contributions to go toward.

On 10/14/2020 at 6:35 PM, FoulVileTerror said:

A haunted house base has been created for Torchbearer, thanks to @VuDu DawL and @Dacy is working on one for Everlasting.

We don't have any bases offered for Indomitable or Excelsior yet, and we are SERIOUSLY understaffed with volunteers.

If we don't get some more support, I'll discuss plans with the donors and see what they'd like their contributions to go toward.

The Haunt on Torchbearer will be manned from 8PM to 12PM Eastern time for sure, maybe later if folks are still stopping by!

• 2 weeks later

For the record:  

I haven't forgotten about this.

I know I've received several private messages which I have not adequately replied to.

Real life has become very complicated this week.

I will do my level best to get everything in place tonight / during the day tomorrow (hey!   First day scheduled off work since -March-!  "yay").

I have received word that the goodies have been purchased, but collecting and disseminating them has been complicated due to in-game bugs related to claiming Character Item emails.

Deepest apologies to everyone.  I'm sorry, and will try harder tonight.

• Like 1

Do what ya gotta do, take care of yourself first, everything will work out fine!  If I get home from my parents house Saturday night while ya'll are still doing stuff, I may pop on and help, but at this time I cannot commit 😞  thats why I threw inf at you 😄