Community Project: Homecoming Team Appreciation - Trick or Treating!

FoulVileTerror

What would be a huge help, actually, is if someone (or a small team of someones) could go around and make some rudimentary bases for me on some of the various Shards.

Just really quick and dirty things like this:

image.png.4aadfafd4a08e64dd8bd2466122d3c5f.png

I'd need one for the ATOs and one for the Salvage, with all 18 Storage Items dedicated to each of those categories.  As a bonus, a base dedicated to Inspirations too.

Per Shard.

I've already got the Reunion ATO Warehouse done (and the Reunion Inspiration Warehouse, silly me did that first before I realized that Inspirations will be too much of a pain in the rump to do in this event).

Everlasting is my home Shard, so I've got plenty of storage here already, but I wouldn't mind if someone made Warehouses here too.

Don't forget to change the Permissions on each Storage Rack!

image.png.56d8a57ae736b7ad3f17d5047ea0dd65.png

When I get home tonight after plunging my blades in to some orange and white flesh and scooping out guts (I'll share the photos, don't worry!), then hopefully I can meet up with whoever made these bases and exchange leadership.

If a team of people end up working on these, please share leadership with one another as well, just so we can have some redundancy in place, just in case.

PLEASE be sure to communicate with one another in this thread, so people don't accidentally end up doing multiple bases on the same Shards.

I'll start filling the bases up with goodies as soon as I can!

Then I'll invite the volunteers to the bases, so they can start harvesting the goodies for distribution.

Thanks, everyone!

In-game to @VileTerror, although Inf has never really been the missing ingredient.

Volunteers and bases have.

All the same, thank you for your interest in helping!

Even if you can't volunteer or throw a base in to the mix (whether it's a haunted house or a warehouse), the best thing at this point is to spread Word of Mouth.

Get your friends and groups interested and potentially involved.

A Hallowe'en Trick or Treating event without any Trick or Treaters will just be a bunch of volunteers sitting in bases on stockpiled ATOs, Salvage, and Inf.

Thanks, folks!

• Community Rep

Here is a (requested) post showing what salvage we get to give away, plus 50,000,000 in infl.

These are high quality, blame Linux; I took a pic of all total, will upload as many as I can of breakdowns which are easier to take in.

All:allsalvage.thumb.png.53ef5cb54811ddfa89f66fa661fcddb8.png

Special:

specialsalvage.thumb.png.acd5b19d90b17b381085dc2dc1c9b385.png

List: 1500 brain storm ideas, 1000 converters, 300 unslotters, 100 boosters, 30 catalysts, 30 superpack (heroes) and 30 superpack (villians).

Next post, the other two in breakdown,  rare IO and event.

-Dacy

Edited by Dacy
  • Thanks 1

My deepest and sincerest apologies to everyone for falling apart on my organizing.  I accept full responsibility for any failures in the event, and will do what I can to repay those who lost out due to my failures.  I will refund any donated Inf to any donor who requests it, but my spouse's contributions are still on the table for handing out goodies by any other means.

Special thanks to @Dacy for pulling things together on Everlasting.  Dacy ended up with over 200 ATOs as well, and we'll see how many she has left over by the end of tonight.

Extra thanks to @DawL for the amazing base which sadly didn't see any visitors, and to all the other contributors who offered up their bases and free time for this.

No-ween November!  Just drop things on random people you find, send stuff to global emails of all the GMs, run spontaneous random contests for costumes or who can make it to FBZ from Atlas the fastest.  Save the stuff for Christmas and do random holiday cheer give aways.  Lots of options.  

I am sorry I couldn't be more involved but real life reared its ugly head and you know how that goes.  

9 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

I accept full responsibility for any failures in the event

Except my failure.  I logged in this morning at 1:50 a.m., figured I'd be told which server to switch to, what to do, etc.  Waited for a few minutes, dug up the base info and went to the Snake Den, waited a few more minutes, no-one was around.  I gave up around 2:10, changed to another character and played for a while, watching for a /tell, then logged out at about 3:20 and went back to bed.

It was when I got up again at 6 a.m. and saw that the sky was brighter than it should've been that I realized my mistake.  Time change was last night.  I should've been there at 1 a.m., not 2 a.m.

That's on me.  I apologize for leaving everyone waiting and not arriving when I was supposed to.  I should've checked to see when that was going to occur and prepared accordingly.

I know I should've joined the channel you set up, but I couldn't.  I tried, but I just couldn't do it.  That's also on me, but I'm shifting the responsibility for that to my mental illness.  It was in control of that decision, not me.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Nah, @Luminara.  I tried to stay awake, but ended up passing out at my keyboard.

I kind of knew I was going to wind up being ludicrously busy these past few days (granted, I didn't really know just -how- "ludicrously busy" that would actually be).  I really should have organized a meet-up time last weekend with the volunteers.

All the same, there's still a stockpile of goodies, most of which is stored on Everlasting.  I'd be happy to exchange a load of it to you, so that you can distribute it to the community.  I handed a pile of stuff to @DawL last night on Torchbearer, so if there's another Shard you want to choose between Excelsior, Indomitable, and Reunion, I'll put the goodies on a mule and transfer them over.

8 minutes ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Nah, @Luminara.  I tried to stay awake, but ended up passing out at my keyboard.

I kind of knew I was going to wind up being ludicrously busy these past few days (granted, I didn't really know just -how- "ludicrously busy" that would actually be).  I really should have organized a meet-up time last weekend with the volunteers.

All the same, there's still a stockpile of goodies, most of which is stored on Everlasting.  I'd be happy to exchange a load of it to you, so that you can distribute it to the community.  I handed a pile of stuff to @DawL last night on Torchbearer, so if there's another Shard you want to choose between Excelsior, Indomitable, and Reunion, I'll put the goodies on a mule and transfer them over.

Are you insane?

Christmas is coming!  Plan something for a date 1-2 weeks before the holiday!  Make it a middle of the week kind of thing so the people who go out on the weekend can attend!

This is an opportunity.  Use it.  There won't be another time change for months, so I'll arrive promptly, I promise.  🙂

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

The only problem with that, frustratingly, is that Christmas/Winter Holiday is also absolute hell for me with my job and family responsibilities.  With how little personal time I had during Hallowe'en, I'll have even less during Christmas.

But . . . if someone else wants to run something?  I'll pass this stockpile of goodies over to them!  These goodies were donated and bought for the whole community (GMs and Devs included).  How they ultimately get in to their hands isn't something I'm too fussed about.

Last year for 12 days of Christmas...I roamed around Atlas looking for baby heroes as yet unhomed to a SG and dropped holiday cheer in the form of 1m inf for first day of Christmas up to 12m inf for twelfth day of christmas usually 10 to 20 people a day.  On Christmas eve and christmas day I found one or two likely looking candidates to drop 100m on.  This took me maybe half an hour a day, an hour tops.  

With your stockpile, no trade window needed, just drop stuff on unsuspecting folks...you seem to have a bunch so like enhancements..give away a tray a day for holiday cheer...maybe make sure ATOs go to the right AT lol.  It is super easy to find ways to give stuff away, especially if there is no trade declined consent barrier 😝

• Thanks 1

I have small bases on all shards with 5 enh bins...except Indom has 14 full..I can put in 4 more and you can come drop whatever enh you like....I can distribute stuff randomly or at Christmas or whatever is decided or if ya leave it up to me I dun care...will try to catch you on tort channel to get you access to bases for droppage.

• Community Rep

Hi everyone!!

First, a HUGE hug of appreciation for @CrudeVileTerrorand his huge heart, for the idea, the effort, and the goodies to give away!! I gave away over 180 ATOs, and I have not yet tabulated the chat log to see what all I gave and how much infl, but I will do that. I rather fell into bed quite exhausted early this morning, as I'd foolishly stayed up with a "hey, it's Midnight, why don't I open the base for treats" idea on Halloween, and then I got up and came back in around 1 PM my time, and other than a 1 hour break, was there until ...well, let's say wee hours, but I shut down the giveaway just after 1 AM.

I had several people give me 100 mil, various drop gifts, and one person who apparently wants to remain anonymous who came in and dropped just a TON of things like rare salvage and special salvage on me; I have no idea how many things, it was just a downpour. So I will have to go to the chat to figure out how much I gave away.

The crowd who came in were overwhelmingly RP; I'd say 95-99% were RP. For the ones who did not have the roleplaying title activated, I judged that most were still RP based on the fact that most used the RP OOC parentheses in their communications. And most were 50 or 50+; I'd say 80% or more who came in were 50, and were less interested in the treats than they were interested in the base. Some refused treats, or turned around and gave me more. I adjusted my giving somewhat to the crowd; on the midnight Halloween binge, I had a very large group overall, and was passing things out at what seemed to me to be an unsustainable pace, given that I expected that I was more or less limited to what I'd gotten at that point. To say I was generous would be an understatement. So. Expecting that that pace would be slow by comparison to regular day hour Halloween, I got more things from @CrudeVileTerror, and came up with a system based on two six sided dice as to who got what. I'd re-roll if it had me give a superpack to the same person twice, but this system did mean that I did not give out ATOs to everyone automatically, and it slowed down the passing out of superpacks greatly. I adjusted later, and started giving those under 50 an ATO the first time (4 paths, 4 treats), and rolling for the 50s or just giving the 50s infl the first time (it got really crowded and hectic at times, so sometimes I just went to influence, as, by that time, I had more of that than anything, and everyone can use that, or I went to things I could drop rather than trade, to give). So...my system did vary a bit; I feel a bit guilty about changing that up at times, but, honestly, the majority of the people were like, "Treats are great, but really, I don't need them."

Some takeaways: I'd had my base up for two weeks, and for two weeks, I'd go in there and try to get people to come try it out. People came, mostly again, the RP crowd. Then they brought friends. I told everyone that I'd be giving away treats on Halloween, and to be sure and come back then. So I think that part of my great turn out was due to that pre-event publicity; I'd say another big part of it was the RP crowd's responsiveness to my base, and they are also well used to big events at bases, because the big SGs run events all the time and every weekend.

Now, there were at times some people who came in who I never saw, and the next time I checked, they'd left. The set up in my base is, you come in, you get surprised and taken to a place where you have to get thru some haunted house stuff in order to get up to me to get the treat. While I tried to make my things navigable, not everyone made it through, which says that they either gave up, or did not have the patience or time to finish. This was a small number, maybe a handful, but I'm thinking they may have been non-RPers who decided to give it a try, and decided for whatever reason that it wasn't worth it.

Overall, then, overwhelmingly, this was  an event where the treats went to the RP crowd.  Personally, I'd love to do an event or something where the treats can go to folks who are struggling to get enough to get their characters enhanced.  Given the responses, comparatively,  between the RP and non RP crowds last night, I'm not at all sure what sort of event that could even be.

-Dacy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally I am not big on events...I prefer just dropping things on people.  At events I usually turn down prizes or gifts because others may need or want them more.  I am not at all surprized you were seeing mostly RP people on Everlasting.  To focus on other groups I think you would have to change shards lol.  

Not only a huge thanks to @VileTerror but to @Dacy and everyone else who had the patience to hand stuff out.  

• Thanks 1

• Community Rep

I would be happy to hand things out in something other than an event. When I first arrived, I did my first Posi here, and one of the people on the team handed out 15 mil to anyone who wanted/needed it. It gave me what I needed to start working on gaining influence on the market, and I've never forgotten it!  I do tfs and things all the time and hear people complain about not having enough infl to get even basic IOs for their toons, and I would love to be able to hand out more $$ than I do to folks like these.

I'm open to whatever. 🙂 Just saying how this event went, so it gives us some insight into what works and who's involved.

-Dacy

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

*shrinks in terror at all of the socialization being discussed*

*socializes @Luminara gently and carefully and lovingly*  toe taps!

We have a 1st grade teacher that offers the kids elbow bumps or toe taps as greeting options.

Edited by EmmySky