Somebody had a VERY bad day...

Solarverse

...meanwhile, elsewhere in the world, somebody just had a very GOOD day!

Well crap, took a screenshot of it, however, I forgot to screenshot it with the HUD option, so it didn't post. However, I feel I should tell the story anyway. There was a Luck of the Gambler that was selling on average for 8 mill. Somebody made the huge mistake of buying one for 85,000,000 Influence where I am SURE they only meant to attempt 8,500,000. I seen it, took a screen shot of it...but damn it, only got this instead.

screenshot_200927-07-11-35.jpg

Sorry folks, it would have been so much more interesting if I had the hud up.  😞

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

I use:

SHIFT+F11 "+screenshotui$$screenshot$$-screenshotui"

It gets me two screenshots each time I press it, one with UI and one without.

I didn't want to make a macro or bind for it so I looked at the options and found an option to toggle it. By default there is no bind for it though, so you have to bind a key to the toggle, I used insert for mine.

screenshot_200927-08-26-28.jpg

Edited by Solarverse

15 hours ago, Greycat said:

At one point, I had binds for both /screenshotui 1 and 0...

My PrtScr button takes a shot with no UI.

And, so that I don't have to remember whether to use Alt- or Ctrl-, I have both Alt-PrtScr and Ctrl-PrtScr set up to take a shot WITH the UI.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

That happened to me once.  I was putting up a purple for 10 million, despite the fact that the AH said the last several sales had been for 100 mill.    I honestly figured it was a typo.  10 seconds later I found out it wasn't a typo.  100 mill right then.   Also, do you like playing with the CO-style cel-shading on?   I'm tempted to try it, but my GFX card is ten years old so that might not be a good idea.

Edited by JnEricsonx
More info.

Sometimes things happen because we are in a hurry or just not really thinking about what we are doing with our full attention. That very thing frankly happened to me recently I was casually role playing a alas park while also doing some shoping and crafting of a few rarer recipes worth making and taking away for future alts.

One of them needed something rare, cant remember which, but I went to do my typical 555,555 bid for a single bit of rare mat. But I guess I was so distracted with RP I just zoned out and added another 5 and didnt think to remove it. Maybe I even had noticed and though eh why not 5 mil is still not all that much and it may give someone actually tight on funds a good day.

But and here is the kicker. I also had somehow manage to have it set for 10 of the thing. so I dropped 55 mil and change on 5 mil in rare mats. I mean sure even 55 mil is only a small percentage of the total cost of a fine tuned build. Still I have to admit when I did realize the next morning what I had done) it was also late so I may have been abit too tired too in my defense!) I felt a fair bit of chagrin at myself and was like doh damn it homer.

57 minutes ago, Llewellyn Blackwell said:

Sometimes things happen because we are in a hurry or just not really thinking about what we are doing with our full attention. That very thing frankly happened to me recently I was casually role playing a alas park while also doing some shoping and crafting of a few rarer recipes worth making and taking away for future alts.

One of them needed something rare, cant remember which, but I went to do my typical 555,555 bid for a single bit of rare mat. But I guess I was so distracted with RP I just zoned out and added another 5 and didnt think to remove it. Maybe I even had noticed and though eh why not 5 mil is still not all that much and it may give someone actually tight on funds a good day.

But and here is the kicker. I also had somehow manage to have it set for 10 of the thing. so I dropped 55 mil and change on 5 mil in rare mats. I mean sure even 55 mil is only a small percentage of the total cost of a fine tuned build. Still I have to admit when I did realize the next morning what I had done) it was also late so I may have been abit too tired too in my defense!) I felt a fair bit of chagrin at myself and was like doh damn it homer.

I'm absolutely sure I would come up with some inventive curses as I spent 20 minutes swearing at my computer screen.

Then, I'd start laughing at myself and calling myself the Biggest Idiot Ever (though I tell ya, there's a LOT of competition for that title....)

Then I'd realize 55 mil, while it would sting to blow it on 10 rare salvage, I can earn back with fairly little effort from a few rounds of converter roulette.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't bother me after that.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Then, I'd start laughing at myself and calling myself the Biggest Idiot Ever (though I tell ya, there's a LOT of competition for that title....)

Hahaha, are you kidding me, man? There are people who would actually fight you for that title.

• Haha 1