Homecoming Server Update (October 3rd): Halloween, Player Events, and more!

Jimmy

• City Council

Hello!

Before we dive into the topics for today, a quick update on some upcoming developments:

• Homecoming Launcher: We're just in the process of acquiring a signing certificate which we want to have in place before we open up for public testing. This is currently in the hands of our lawyers, but we're hoping to get it all sorted soon.
  • Page 6: Still needs a little bit more time. It's turning out to be very big, and we're wanting to get as many of the features ready to go at once in order to maximize our testing potential.

And in case you missed it, @Cipher posted a deep dive into our infrastructure and finances here earlier in the week.

🎃 Halloween Event - Starting October 6th! 🎃

It's that time of year again - Halloween is almost here! The event will be switched on during maintenance on Tuesday, October 6th and will last four weeks, ending during maintenance on Tuesday, November 3rd. Here's what you can expect:

Based on your feedback from last year, Eternal Night will work slightly differently this time around and will only be active for the first and last weeks of the event (October 6th - October 13th, October 27th - November 3rd). The normal day/night cycle will be restored for the interim period.

screenshot_201003-16-56-32.thumb.jpg.276dbf20f260c2d19fbbcedb712f7724.jpg

Player Events: Request a GM

We've frequently seen players ask if GMs can come and help out with their events, so there's now a way to do just that! Head over to the Request a GM form to see the details and submit a request.

Please note that there are a few caveats:

• We cannot guarantee a GM will be available at the time you are holding your event
  • GMs will not do anything that will create an unfair advantage (such as spawning enemies to kill), we're just there to help the events run (which can include things such as changing the time of day, using special character models, or moving players around)

New Dev Choice Arcs in Architect Entertainment

We’ve recently highlighted two more Dev Choice arcs in Architect Entertainment:

• Help out Turndown Girl! (Arc ID 25717) by @thunderforce: “Azuria has become aware of the plight of Turndown Girl, endlessly rejecting Desperate Guy. Help her resolve the situation...while occasionally breaking the fourth wall and punching Fifth Column.”
  • The Paper Mirror (Arc ID 28570) by @12twelveletter: "You're always picking up clues and souvenirs that remind you of past adventures. One such souvenir, a book, details an adventure, before you've even had it!“

Check out GM Arcanum's post for the full details, as well as information about submitting your own arcs for consideration.

October Contests

There's several other contests and events going on over the next month:

There's plenty of prizes to be won from all of the above! And don't forget to vote on your favourite costume from the winners of the 5 Origin costume contests.

• Like 8

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Jimmy featured this topic
22 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Based on your feedback from last year, Eternal Night will work slightly differently this time around and will only be active for the first and last weeks of the event (October 6th - October 13th, October 27th - November 3rd). The normal day/night cycle will be restored for the interim period.

Oh, thank the gods!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Lead Game Master

I'm sure I read in the small print of Jimmy's post that GMs will *only* attend where cookies are in abundance... That's what I saw anyway...

• Haha 3

GM ColdSpark

Lead Game Master

Ways to Contact Me: Here is the link to the Homecoming Discord  and I am GM ColdSpark

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Retired Lead Game Master
13 minutes ago, Nerio72 said:

Can we request a GM to just hang with us?😁

Yes!

12 minutes ago, ZephyrWind said:

And bring cookies?

Homecoming is currently unable to teleport cookies to your house. Devs please address this, thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Hello!

Before we dive into the topics for today, a quick update on some upcoming developments:

• Homecoming Launcher: We're just in the process of acquiring a signing certificate which we want to have in place before we open up for public testing. This is currently in the hands of our lawyers, but we're hoping to get it all sorted soon.
  • Page 6: Still needs a little bit more time. It's turning out to be very big, and we're wanting to get as many of the features ready to go at once in order to maximize our testing potential.

And in case you missed it, @Cipher posted a deep dive into our infrastructure and finances here earlier in the week.

It's that time of year again - Halloween is almost here! The event will be switched on during maintenance on Tuesday, October 6th and will last four weeks, ending during maintenance on Tuesday, November 3rd. Here's what you can expect:

screenshot_201003-16-56-32.thumb.jpg.276dbf20f260c2d19fbbcedb712f7724.jpg

Player Events: Request a GM

We've frequently seen players ask if GMs can come and help out with their events, so there's now a way to do just that! Head over to the Request a GM form to see the details and submit a request.

Please note that there are a few caveats:

• We cannot guarantee a GM will be available at the time you are holding your event
  • GMs will not do anything that will create an unfair advantage (such as spawning enemies to kill), we're just there to help the events run (which can include things such as changing the time of day, using special character models, or moving players around)

New Dev Choice Arcs in Architect Entertainment

We’ve recently highlighted two more Dev Choice arcs in Architect Entertainment:

• Help out Turndown Girl! (Arc ID 25717) by @thunderforce: “Azuria has become aware of the plight of Turndown Girl, endlessly rejecting Desperate Guy. Help her resolve the situation...while occasionally breaking the fourth wall and punching Fifth Column.”
  • The Paper Mirror (Arc ID 28570) by @12twelveletter: "You're always picking up clues and souvenirs that remind you of past adventures. One such souvenir, a book, details an adventure, before you've even had it!“

Check out GM Arcanum's post for the full details, as well as information about submitting your own arcs for consideration.

October Contests

There's several other contests and events going on over the next month:

There's plenty of prizes to be won from all of the above! And don't forget to vote on your favourite costume from the winners of the 5 Origin costume contests.

Can we get obscure sustenance fixed for sentinels please i really want to play my sent XD

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

What the hell is up with this mission?  First mission, I got the boss in the bank robbery and was ambushed and killed.  Then every time I go in the mission, they're at the door and killing me before the game is even allowing me to do anything.

Thumbs down on this one.  Bad pick.

• Jimmy unfeatured this topic
  • Widower locked this topic