Which pool powers do/don't crit from Hidden?

Gulbasaur

I've rolled a rad/rad stalker and, well, it's totally rad. I've had a rad/rad brute before and a few stalkers and this one just hits the sweet spot. I'm going to skip the Ancilliary/Patron pools because they're all a bit indifferent, so I'm looking at regular power pools. I'm planning on going deep into the Presence and Experimentation pools (as well as something with some Defence, although I'm not looking for 45% because by end game teammates usually vomit defence buffs all over the place so I don't need to be self-sufficient). 

The Experimentation pool has two ranged attacks, both of which have a High DoT that I assume will deliver a lot of upfront damage if it does crit. Can anyone tell if it works from Hidden?

This got me wondering is there are any others that do/don't. 

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

A quick test showed that the Patron (slow) snipes will CRITICAL when HIDDEN. I'll have to do more testing (or reslotting) to determine if the fast snipes do the same.

EDIT: I have verified that the FAST SNIPES can also trigger CRITICAL when HIDDEN.

I haven't played/built a Rad/Rad stalker, so I can say that this advice applies to those choices: My experience has been that Stalkers usually have enough attacks from the primary that they have trouble fitting in extra attacks in a chain (or circumstances of play).

Writing only for myself: I would have to have a very specific character concept to NOT take a Patron Snipe on a Stalker (and keep it SLOW). The snipe becomes fast in combat, and I find it useful to 'tag' enemies that disengage from melee.  The true beauty of the snipe (IMO) is this: If you are Hidden, and try to use Assassin's Strike on an enemy and you miss (95% ceiling), you can followup with the (slow) snipe for a guaranteed hit (because of Streakbreaker, assuming both attacks have 95% chance to land). This inspired the poem:

Streakbreaker Moonbeam

Using Build Up and Hide, when

Assassin's Strikes Miss

Edited by tidge
  • Like 2

Thanks Tidge.

I did some tests on Beta...

Toxic Dart does crit for the full damage, meaning as well as damage over time is gives you the full whack of damage as a crit. If you're looking for a low-level ranged attack, you could do worse.

Corrosive Vial does not crit and is a patch and therefore very annoying as it makes enemies run around unless you can lock them in place.

Also, I may have encountered a bug(?) that let me pick up Radiation Siphon at level 8, which is quite nice. The wiki says I shouldn't have it for a while.

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas