how do you handle intrusion into your market niche?

tellania

lol My niche is something no one can intrude on. 

I just have stacks upon stacks of recipes and absolutely shit merits into converters to seek out enhancements which are lower in stock and valuable. I blow as much as 1000 converters to get 80 enhancements, but every enhancement I sell is worth a minimum of 3 million and I've got a good sense of which enhancements on the market regularly need restock. As long as I keep pumping enough merits to keep me in converters, I can find listings that need to be filled and make money. And I PL all my alts to 50 now then play them slotted out, so just playing my 50s also slowly stacks up money. 

• 2 weeks later

I have five basic IO’s I craft and sell religiously, or buy pre-crafted and convert to one of the five.  Occasionally someone(s) will crowd into my niches and I’ll see the prices start to creep by 1 inf at first and then much more quickly once I start countering.  In that case I just move to one of the others after placing some of my usual low bids on the areas I’m abandoning.  Once my bids start filling/selling again, I know it’s safe to go back.

Been doing this for well over a year.  I’ve never been pushed out of a niche longer than a week or so.  Player turnover in this game, especially in the marketplace, is very high.  

No need to get in a bidding war.  Just play the field.