Does Ribosome HO work on res debuff?

beradical

Rad/Son Defender, curious if the Ribosome Exposure (33% End Redux & 20% Resist) would work on Enervating Field toggle, which is damage & resistance debuff.

Mids doesn't show it does, but Wiki says HOs are weird and sometimes work on both buffs and debuffs: https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Hamidon_Origin_Enhancements#Defense.2FToHit_Bug

If not i'll just stick with End Redux IOs.

Most (all?) -Res (and +DMG) effects are tagged to be unenhanceable, and as far as I know, no currently existing -Res (or +DMG) effects are supposed to be enhanceable, so even if it did work it's bound to be fixed at some point. As a sidenote, because of the way Damage and Resistance work, at some point in time it was possible to use Centrioles (Dmg/Range) in some +Res buffs to get +33% Resistance enhancement from a single slot which was much more efficient than the +20% from actual Resistance enhancements at the time. 

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I don't even know how to test on beta, as I'm not sure how to monitor a mob's resistances. But between both observations above, I'll assume it does not, and stick with End Redux IOs for Enervating Field, and HOs for Rad Infection & Tactics.

As a side note, with multiple hami runs every day, you'd think they'd be cheaper =/

In the current era of IOs and set bonuses Hamidons should do more for what you lose from set bonuses to slot them. Golgis, ribosomes, etc. could have recharge added to them. A Hamidon that gives end redux and recharge would be great for sets like Kinetics that don't have tags for some powers.

To OP: They've made it so -res can't be enhanced by damage enhancements. Be kind of game breaking to have that stat be amplified to your damage cap (defenders with x3 resist debuffs on a poison/sonic..yikes).

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

Normally I see HOs used for either saving slots or enhancing multiple aspects that aren't normally found together, often both.  Rad Infection, for example, they can boost both defdebuff and to hit debuff in a single slot or Membranes which are made to drop into things like Fortitude (buffs defense, recharge, to hit)

I'm familiar with the bug you're referring to. It was patched on live in I22. Before it was fixed I used to slot Enzymes in Invincibility to get 33% defense enhancements.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Hamidon_Origin_Enhancements#Multiple_Types_Exploit

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Meh, as Doomguide says above, Enzyme are cool for Radiation Infection cause you get all 3: End Redux, -Def, -ToHit. But in the other powers I just realized that +5 boosts bring an IO to the same bonuses as HO, so for Tactics a boosted ToHit/End is the same numbers as a Cytoskeleton, just about 20 million cheaper.

I guess that's what Rejolt was saying, most are obsolete nowadays.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Uun said:

I'm familiar with the bug you're referring to. It was patched on live in I22. Before it was fixed I used to slot Enzymes in Invincibility to get 33% defense enhancements.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Hamidon_Origin_Enhancements#Multiple_Types_Exploit

Or Membranes in Mind Link to cap out on def/tohit/rech with only 3 slots

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

That is the main way to use Hamidons. I think metalogic for low-slotted powers is a/d/r and dmg VRs +5'd or a +2 Hamidon with a VR straight dmg, hold, etc. and  procs for the rest. I've often used 2 +2 acc/dmg HOs and let Musc or Intuition Alphas push the damage past 100 percent.

HOs have uses. Just really limited ones right now unless you're ignoring IOs on Purpose.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.