Night Widow with monster...scary...amounts of AOE

This build only exists on the beta server, but it works against 4x8 Arachnos which is my gold standard at the moment.

I tried a pure ranged Fortunata, it was fine, but I didn't enjoy it. I miss my melee attacks.

I didn't want a pure melee build. So, here is a Night Widow build with effective ranged and AOE attacks.

Night widows have the advantage of easy perma Mind Link, so you can proc out the ranged attacks and still have 55%+ positional defense.

Learning to use the AOEs effectively has a definite learning curve. Especially, because two of them are cones. Work in progress.

Note, the slotting in Psychic Scream and Dark Burst. You can extend the range of the cones by 9-15 ft. Producing a much better cone size.

Party starters are Dark Obilt (with KD proc)->Psychic Scream->Dart Burst. If you Ion Judgement up, then now is a good time.

By this time, most mobs are closing around you. Spin->Dark Obilt. The minions should be dead or mostly dead and the lts are hurting.

If you have room, back up and hit em again. Then finish with melee and Gloom for the runners or resistant mobs like robots.

Also, you can proc out Follow Up, because you don't need the set bonuses for defense.

As usual, I pieced together this build from many other posters builds. So, thank you all.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Night Pixie: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Night Widow Training
Secondary Power Set: Widow Teamwork
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Swipe -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 2: Strike -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(9), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(11), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 6: Dart Burst -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(19), Ann-ResDeb%(19), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21), Bmbdmt-Dam(21), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 8: Follow Up -- GldStr-%Dam(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23), TchofDth-Dam%(23), KntCmb-Knock%(25), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(25), GldStr-Acc/Dmg(27)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 12: Spin -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(31)
Level 14: Lunge -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(33), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 18: Slash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Hct-Dmg(36), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--Build%(39)
Level 22: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Mind Link -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40), LucoftheG-Def(40), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(40)
Level 26: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Foresight -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 30: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Psychic Scream -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Rgn-Dmg(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43), Bmbdmt-Dam(43), PstBls-Dam%(45)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dmg(43), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 38: Elude -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(48), CldSns-%Dam(48), Bmbdmt-Dam(48), Rgn-Knock%(50)
Level 44: Placate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A)
Level 49: Tactical Training: Vengeance -- DctWnd-Rchg(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Conditioning
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13), Prv-Absorb%(42), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(45)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(15), PrfShf-End%(15)
------------
------------

• Like 1

Very nice build.

You can place LOTG global in maneuvers and tactical training for even more recharge.

Maybe replace annihilation in Dart Burst with Centriole and the Ragnarok with a Centriole in Psychic scream. I'd use Cardiac (cuz I would use it anyways), which also happens to give range so you end up with 93 range on Psychic Scream and 85 on Dart Burst. Can change out the D/E on Dart Burst for another Centriole and get it to 93 too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiramon said:

Maybe replace annihilation in Dart Burst with Centriole and the Ragnarok with a Centriole in Psychic scream. I'd use Cardiac (cuz I would use it anyways), which also happens to give range so you end up with 93 range on Psychic Scream and 85 on Dart Burst. Can change out the D/E on Dart Burst for another Centriole and get it to 93 too.

I had not considered Cardiac or Hamis!

Thank you.

I respec'ed my 2nd build slot into this build. Then slotted with IOs and what set pieces I had available.

I think this build exemps better than the Blood Widow below level 28. At least in single target damage because slash is a monster. I might tweak to get placate eariler. 

Dart burst, not slotted out yet, is doing decent damage.

Unexpected bonus, is the run speed.  Mental Training, Swift, Sprint, plus Synapse Shock set bonus make for a very quick character.

I can dart burst, charge into the thickest part of the mobs, spin, then hop back and dart burst again. Very quickly.

To clarify my point about the RNG: It's more like a quasi-random number generator, in that it appears to be trying to uniformly populate the space of available numbers between 0 and 1. At level 50+ it is possible to run content where every attack (including the AoE) has a final to hit chance of 95%, and also run against very large enemy groups. I'm aware of perception bias, but I see STREAKBREAKER forced hits far more frequently than I expect. Fortunata can be constructed such that they aren't (or shouldn't be) running any auras that perform a to-hit check for enemies within range... unless I am misunderstanding how the auras work. For example, don't have a Gaussian's %Build Up in a Leadership toggle.

I would be more than willing to do formal tests using a large group (10+) of test dummies, but I'm not aware of any place where that can happen. This wouldn't be the most exciting AE mission, but I would be in there trying to better understand what is going on. I've tested single-targets in RWZ, and the distribution of to-hit rolls looks ok (it's pretty flat) in that case. I'd just like to be able to check against multiple targets.

• Confused 1

I'd try to fit another damage proc into Psychic Scream as it has a much higher proc chance than dart burst (longer animation + 2x the recharge).

The annihilation proc doesn't stack, so I'm not sure if having it 3 different places is the best use for slots.  I'm not sure what combination is best for maximum theoretical uptime on the proc is, but I'd probably just stick it into Dark Obliteration and nowhere else, since dark oblit has the highest proc chance.  (Unless it's just a flat 20% chance no matter what and exempt from PPM).

Gaussian Proc works fine in Tactics and it gets a chance to go off for each ally within range and probably counts pets as well (Carrion Creeper vines count, so).  But, since you already have Follow Up procced out, that's an OK place for it too.

If you don't need the mitigation from knocking them down then you could also swap the KD procs for whatever, with the side effect that enemies will get grouped up slightly faster for Spin + other AoEs.

For a while I had both Dart Burst and Psychic Scream on my hybrid Fortunata and jumping around maximizing the cones is indeed fun, so I like where you're going on the build 👍

• Thanks 1