How far do YOU take your role playing?

Luminara

Much like @Heraclea, I very lightly RP through a series of macros for my characters.  Most are just little phrases here and there, like "Congrats!" or "Ready!" and a few colorful insults here and there.  As an example, I have macros set up that translated into Japanese for my Ninja SG alts.  My namesake has all sorts of conversational macros, all directed toward conversing with her pet Rikti monkey who always asks silly questions during combat for some strange reason.

• Like 1

My characters have a light backstory, leaning towards a couple sentences (not paragraphs) in the bio. When I'm with people that are somewhat in the spirit, I'll improv in a way that is consistent with the backstory.

I'd prefer to be playing the game, whilst improvising, rather than standing around. But it's situational.

• Like 1

I've spent too many years as a TT GM (and a couple as a Cam ST before I ran way screaming) so my default even when Rping away to myself is "A player is asking me a question" not " A character is asking my character a question."

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 2 weeks later

I don't really play "in character."   But with my more *angry aggressive* toons I tend to make comments like "I'm farming the screams of my defeated foes and the tears of their loved ones."    

Actually, now that I think about it, all my toons are angry aggressive, so maybe that's just me.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Not very far. My characters are optimized within the confines of their concept, but that's as far as I'm going. Basically I just avoid picking powers or making costumes that wouldn't make sense for the character, such as obviously techy equipment for a wizard or fire powers for an ice elemental. Sometimes I'll make concessions if the power isn't graphically intrusive, e.g. Scorpion Shield can be played as generic Tech/Magic/whatever force field for characters that want S/L Def, whereas Ice and Rock Armor...

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I try to always roleplay and stay in character! but if i'm playing a character who can't play the game like normal i use the little ((out of character talk)) to move things along. I have one character who is effectively unable to speak, so i just (( )) all the group talk that has to happen to play.  That being said some times when i play I just lazy rp around, and other times when i can actually focus and play the game i'll join a TF or group and try my best to keep it moving.