Difference between Mids and in-game

Tankshock

On 10/9/2020 at 10:36 AM, Tankshock said:

I see a huge disparity between Mids numbers and in-game ones.  Dehydrate for a Corrupter for one, but most seem to be significantly different.  Is Mids more reliable than in-game

No.  In game data is highly reliable.  I can't think of a case where the numbers are actually wrong.  Though there can be info that is missing.  For example, that one of the damage components only occurs in certain situations might not be clearly noted in the "Detailed Info".

Mids on the other hand currently has issues with AT multipliers that result in some of the numbers being off for the entire AT, not just specific powers.

Edited by csr
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2020 at 12:36 PM, Tankshock said:

I see a huge disparity between Mids numbers and in-game ones.

I saw someone mention recently that the numbers for Corruptors are off in Mids'.  I'm not sure about other specific powers or ATs.  You can check in-game or if you don't want to have to log in to check you could use the tool in my signature.  It's not really for that, but if you select a power it should give you accurate stats most of the time.

The only areas I'm aware of where it's not accurate are Stalker Assassin Strikes and any powers that use pseudo-pets.  It should be good for most regular powers.

Keep in mind that Mids is in No Way tied to the game itself and is (actively?) managed by enthusiasts who rely on observation and the player base to report inaccuracies as they happen (or change in an update). The best thing to do is use the existing Mids troubleshooting/error reporting threads to see what's known or report your issue. Additionally, you can actually adjust the numbers yourself I believe.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Hey there,

Same issue as well.

I just finished my Elec/Storm build and I noticed a difference in "Steamy Mist".

With the exact same slotting, Mids gives this power a 6.82% Defense Buff to all, whereas in-game info gives it a 5.91% Defense buff.

Minor difference I know, but enough to prevent me from reaching my softcaps 😭 

Is it a known issue ? I can provide build infos and screen shots if needed.

• 3 weeks later

Several Peacebringer primary attacks are way off. The T1 attack is about listed at 26.69 in mids vs 44.36 (from memory) in-game.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas