With Rebirth bringing in Wind, Martial prowess and Guardian ATs, where is homecoming at with these?

irishhawk

36 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Code as a service was absolutely the worst direction the industry could have gone from the customer side. But screwing over customers has always and will always be the correct path for the stockholders.

Why, yes, I do miss the days when I owned a game/application when I purchased it and could continue playing/using it even if the maker ceased to exist.

To be fair, customer can and do screw over the industry too that them ruins the things for everyone else. 

3 minutes ago, GM Tahquitz said:

Red light!  This thread is about powersets and current development, not the legality of Homecoming and NCSoft. 

And after some clean up, we're back on topic.  Green light! 🙂

"Some clean up" 🤣

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

14 hours ago, gamingglen said:

Heck with new ATs.  I want new maps!  New zones!  New missions!!!!!! 

Tired of bashing the same ole mobs in the same old places. 

This.

I am a bit stubborn in my refusal to PL my alts; I feel I learn my power combos better being forced to level oldschool. But so help me I wish Veles would just stay dead.

I'm also odd that I find I really enjoy the Twinshot arc…it has less of the annoying "go to Perez/KR and hunt purple mobs" that all the low level arcs seem to have. Even the Hollows are more interesting than the all the "hunt" missions every lowbie arc has.

So…more missions would be my biggest ask. I'm okay if the maps are a tad boring if we could just get new content. ATs are cool but…meh.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 10:43 AM, Shadeknight said:

damnit taco, you deleted some of my relevant posts.

Well, I tried to open the conversation again, but apparently anything I have to say that is not inline with the group think will now be eliminated.

Not going to waste my time on it at this point, it's obvious if I am honest in posting, it wil be seen as an attack against nature or something.

We talked at the very beginning of HC how these situations were going to arise, that competing servers would be fighting for players, etc.

if the HC censors don't want anyone to talk about anything of substance, it kind of invalidates adult discussion.

It's thier ball and they have decided I don't get to touch it.

Toodles.

Just whack this one and be done with it. It's not going to go anywhere else, other servers are literally in the thread title.

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

5 minutes ago, GM Tahquitz said:

The topic of the post is about powersets.  If you discuss that, no problem.

If you don't want to discuss that, you can start a new topic.

I did, it was deleted.

If you think these threads are sacrosanct to some singular topic, then there is nothing to really discuss anyway.

Toddles.

• Retired Developer
16 hours ago, gamingglen said:

Heck with new ATs.  I want new maps!  New zones!  New missions!!!!!! 

Tired of bashing the same ole mobs in the same old places. 

GUESS WHAT!

AUNTIE PIECEMEAL IS COOKING UP A STORM FOR YA!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

would i like new powersets? yes

would i like new AT classes? yes

would i like new content and maps? yes

Would lack of such persuade me to go to a different CoH server? NO

you know why? the community!!!

That is why i have always loved this game, the community.

and the Dev Team is doing an awesome job of maintaining the game and community that i love.

Thank you Devs, thank you all you players that keep me in love with this game after all these years!

Thank you.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2020 at 12:46 PM, GM Tahquitz said:

Sorry about that.  In the future, stay on topic with the OP even if others refuse, and I'll dodge accordingly.

And if we don't, you'll Ram?

Ford that stream of thought cautiously?

(Yes. I have always found "Dodge Ram" amusing. "Which do you want me to do? Make up your mind!")

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, jubakumbi said:

Well, I tried to open the conversation again, but apparently anything I have to say that is not inline with the group think will now be eliminated.

Not going to waste my time on it at this point, it's obvious if I am honest in posting, it wil be seen as an attack against nature or something.

We talked at the very beginning of HC how these situations were going to arise, that competing servers would be fighting for players, etc.

if the HC censors don't want anyone to talk about anything of substance, it kind of invalidates adult discussion.

It's thier ball and they have decided I don't get to touch it.

Toodles.

Its called "staying on topic", and it's fairly common practice

• Like 4

I mean, not to be too risque, but one could say a little piece in regard to the segue, and then get right back to the intended topic of the thread.

I certainly wouldn't call Homecoming a wasteland in regard to new content.  It would be nice to see some more of the experimental stuff getting showcased, with explanations as to why those experiments don't make the final cut.  Might help encourage some discussion on how to potentially work around those problems and think outside some boxes.

But seeing the new launcher Public Beta forum and the aforementioned Page 6 Preview, it's pretty clear where development resources have been going.

Speaking of . . . I really gotta try to find some time to back-up all my City files and try that new launcher.  If what I'm reading in those feedback threads is accurate, then I may have some concerning issues to ask about ironing out.

. . . someone want to spot me a few million dollars so I can quit my job and retire to a life of playing and development?  Hell, even a few thousand would let me take a couple weeks off from work . . . 

(seriously, not serious . . . but -if- you're just throwing money around . . . )