Builds that can wipe the floors with Arachnos

KaizenSoze

Heh...Fire/Rad troller

Every faction is the same. Hit them with flashfire and jump in with choking cloud and hot feet. Hit the AoE imob and then single target hold the boss. The imps will kill what is still standing in very short order. 

If you do this with more than 1 Frad it is overpowered when you get 4 together it gets really silly... a full team...well then its roll and burn mayhem baby!!

• Like 1

I hadn't noticed too much of an issue with Arachnos when you roll hard with a Dark/Dark Scrapper.  Jump in with all 30 toggles going and fire Soul Drain, Dark Regen, Dark Consumption, couple of quick punches to the boss' face and skip down the hall and over the next mob while humming Stagger Lee with Shadow Maul cue'd and getting ready to double back to dance a little jig on their corpses with Smites and Shadow punches.  If they catch you with a lucky shot, a Touch of Fear will keep them from getting froggy.

Edited by Ruby Rocket
  • Haha 1

Scrappers ...bringing more cowbell since 2004

11 hours ago, nihilii said:

Make it SR/Dark or SR/Rad for a heal in the secondary. Or go ultimate damage output with SR/TW. SR/Claws could also keep them flattened on their back. Then you have a build that crushes, not merely handles, Arachnos.

This, my Claws/SR has minimal issues, chews them up readily.  Though I do recall seeing some of the biggest defense debuffs in my attributes monitor that I've seen including sitting in piles of Cimerorans.  If you can call 3 to 4% 'big'.  Enough I guess to make me turn on Maneuvers which is generally toggled off solo (I'm right around 46% w/o, 49'ish with)

@KaizenSozeThe arc(s) you mention were created by @Linea

* Tactics and Ageless Radial +Special will put a big dent in Arachnos annoyance factor, so long as the rest of your build is otherwise solid. 

One or the other helps, both together are exponentially better.  If you still have issues you can layer on Base Buffs (+recovery, +end_drain_resist, +perception), and even amps if you're still desperate after all that.   On builds weak to them, you can also make sure to carry 4+ yellow (any size) to act as psuedo-tactics, 8+ medium purple (or larger, or dual) to act as psuedo-ddr.

* Every build is different, this is the most generalized advice

Here are three of my favorites.

Kat Bio Scrapper - Alpha 3 ITF - [i25].mxd

Time Fire - Quarterback 2d - [i26].mxd Water Atomic - Ciaraine 2b - [i25].mxd

And here are some others that should be more pointedly useful:

Rad Kat Tank - Radicat II - Mu 3f - [i25].mxd

Fortunata - Isabella - Rev 8i (Psi-Tank) - [i25].mxd Huntsman - Agent Seventy Seven - Malfactor 2n - [i25].mxd

Edited by Linea
  • Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

I'm wondering how Energy Aura would work?  Looking at Mids it is the only armor set that offers resistance to -def and -end (at least on Brute).  I'm assuming with some good IO's you could do pretty well but I'd like to hear from someone who has experience with Energy Aura.

32 minutes ago, TOddSkinRash said:

I'm wondering how Energy Aura would work?  Looking at Mids it is the only armor set that offers resistance to -def and -end (at least on Brute).  I'm assuming with some good IO's you could do pretty well but I'd like to hear from someone who has experience with Energy Aura.

Jumped onto my Staff / NRG to test +3x8 (level 54s but I have a level shift). Ranged Psi is the killer really here. Typed defenses offer little protection so a few Forts including a Fort boss in there somewhere can be painful. 

Mu are fine and Widows are handable even with the debuffs, but if the Forts stand back and psi blast things can get nasty quick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

/Ena does well, but you will want to layer on Rune/Hybrid/Rune to buffer your resists, and you need to stack as much energy drain +defense as you can due to psionic ... and you may from time to time need a small purple or medium purple primarily to further shore up psionic.  You can also use the various Psionic Temp armors as supplement.   The psionic isn't as big an issue as it is often made out to be.  Yes Psi can kill you, but it also comes in packets half the size and half the frequency of other damage types (with the exception of Mr G's Arc). 

20894720_KitanaTest-Kat-EnANumbers.jpg.d480090edfc64568c30cfda44bfa2a38.jpgKat ENA - Mu 1i - [i25].mxd

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

I don't have troubles with Arachnos so long as I take down the debuffers first.

/macro T target_name tarantula mistress

I use this on a number of my characters when they need to prioritize targets.  From mission to mission, right click on the T icon to edit the target.  "cairn" and "sapper" usually get a lot of work done for me.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

The armor set I prefer to have for Arachnos is Radiation Armor,  Electric Armor works well also, and is something I'd prefer to use for something like Scirocco story arcs with their massed Mus.  It helps that my Radiation/Spines tanker has Focused Accuracy, which helps with the most annoying thing about Arachnos, the five minute blinds. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Lately, I have been leaning heavily on confuse, which works well on *most* Arachnos.

I put the Coercive Persuasion set in my AOE confuse, stealth in, and fire.

There are so many extra confuse procs that bosses will often get confused for a long time.

If not, then I use the single target version. Let them tear each other up for bit then Aim->Wail and/or Judgement.

Clean up what's rest.

On 10/13/2020 at 1:35 PM, Nemu said:

My blasters on the other hand just nukes/AoEs the spawns, and do it fast enough to activate mob fear AI which makes even bosses run.

I feel mob fear AI doesn't get enough praise for these situations. Understandably, we're used to the convenience of grouping mobs for maximum XP/time. But when it comes to solo play and survivability, it is a surprisingly efficient tool.

My fire/rad Sentinel takes down Arachnos with more ease than my TW/rad Scrapper. Despite the latter having both more damage and more survivability. Funny how that works.

I see people asking for Sentinels to get some form of punchvoke as a buff, and I'm like hmm. Being ranged + mob fear AI is what lets me take on AVs some of my meleers struggle with.

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2020 at 2:34 AM, nihilii said:

I feel mob fear AI doesn't get enough praise for these situations.

Game mechanics are pushed aside in favor of builds because it's easy to copy the latter.

Let's make November "Mob Fear AI Awareness" Month.

MFAI - saving blaster lives since 2004

Edited by Nemu
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

I can see the general consensus here is that /Electric Armor shrugs off Arachnos.  I have not found this to be true across many brute builds depending on level of brute and level of IO’s slotted and/or primary defensive bonuses (eg; Parry).

The issue with Arachnos is realizing that the worst debuffs come from ranged attacks.  Thus, as a Brute who in the late 30’s/early 40’s may not be fully IO’d up just yet, there’s a good chance your positional defense to ranged attacks isn’t great.  Once you realize who is melting you/hurting you, you can adapt by targeting them first, but in reality, I still found myself face planting on tightly packed +4/x8 missions.  The most effective method I’ve found is to use herding techniques to engage the critters so they use melee attacks and surround you, giving your damage aura (particularly if procc’ed up a bit) a good chance to do its thing while you quickly kill everything else.

But I will agree that by the late 40’s and well into incarnate territory, /Electric Armor is a fairly unkillable set, and is often underestimated and overshadowed by the more popular sets.

Both my Rad/Rad Tanker and Antistress Girl (brute with Electric Armor) were quite invulnerable to Arachnos.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/