Any love for the LFG system?

CrazzieRedd

I'm familiar with ffxiv, and I guess that you're referring to its matchmaking system, where you can see groups that are forming, and form your own. Or form a partial group, and then let the system autofill with others that are LFG.

It's a bit more manual in CoH, and I suspect that you're not seeing all of the interface, specifically Chat Window > Team > Find Member.

In the thread, Finding a group, there is some good advice, plus I outline recruiting tips for easily forming your own team.

I think most people dont even use the lfg search function anymore...usually I just watch the LFG chat channel and sent tells to people forming stuff.  

A more functional lfg system would be handy, and it comes up enough that maybe the devs will consider revamping it when they have a chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazzieRedd said:

I hate soloing and sometimes i find it hard to find teams just standing around in /lfg hoping someone picks me.  It's 5th grade baseball teams all over again.  The LFG feature as present in something like FFXIV would be a huge improvement to me.

The trick is not being passive. I find my teams (granted, not all times) by advertising what I am going to do and asking if someone wants to join. Asking instead to join existing teams is iffy. I don't invite people who state they are looking for group since I don't know what they are in the mood for or how much time they have, or if they are interested in the content I am running. There is also the fact that TFs and Ouroboros field trips do not allow to invite once the journey has started.

So basically do make an effort to make your own teams:

'/lfg Running missions arcs at level 30, anyone is welcome to join'

'/lfg Going to run a Synapse TF. Who wants in?'

• Retired Game Master
1 minute ago, Sovera said:

So basically do make an effort to make your own teams:

'/lfg Running missions arcs at level 30, anyone is welcome to join'

'/lfg Going to run a Synapse TF. Who wants in?'

I'll second this.  A favorite of mine is:

'/lfg Running story arcs in <whatever zone>.  Room for 7!'

I'll just put that out every time I finish a mission (or two if they're really short, and if it's really quiet) and pretty soon the team is full and we're charging along doing stuff.

Finding some active global channels with a lot of people is also helpful - look for AT or server channels.  Most have a "Giant Monster, task force, etc." channel by various names and those are often full of people who are happy to come and do something.

This is not to say the LFG system could not be improved!  But you can be a team leader without doing anything too complex.  And in CoH, almost any combination of players makes a good team, so if someone wants to come play, welcome them in and go have fun!

• Like 1