No More Boring Radiation Blast!

Solarverse

Welcome to the new Radiation Blast! A more powerful version is now available to you free of cost! Watch the file video, then stay for the in game sound footage to see how it plays out. If you like it, it's now available on the CoH Modder Tool under Power Rad Blast!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Player2 said:

The blank screen with power names as sounds play doesn't do much for me.  I think it would be more impactful to see the powers as we hear them.

Can't help ya there. You'll just have to download it and try it out for yourself. It's against Homecoming rules to show in game footage. Sound only, and I had to beg and plead just to get permissions to do that.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 3

I don't think this pack's for me, but thanks for creating the option 🙂

(I'm addicted to my photon torpedoes. 🙂 )

Edited by Greycat
Pew pew pew pew
  • Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

13 hours ago, Player2 said:

The blank screen with power names as sounds play doesn't do much for me.  I think it would be more impactful to see the powers as we hear them.

There is a video that I am currently uploading that shows in game footage with my mod...however, I had to go to the We Have Cake server to record it, so the Snipe will not be the same for Quick Snipe.  I can't post the video here, so once it's up (in about 15 minutes or so) you will have to go to my channel and find the video on your own. Sorry, but with the restrictions that Homecoming has placed, that is the best I can do to help you out.

However, I won't keep making videos for mods, so I would encourage you to download the CoH Modder Tool and test out mods for yourself. It takes a lot of time to put some of these mods together and the roundabout way I have to go through to make videos is something I don't wish to do with every mod I make. Once the video restrictions are lifted that may change, until then, I made this video in good faith.

Enjoy!  If you need a link, I can send it to you on your personal messages....I assume that is still allowed? I hope so.

Edited by Solarverse

15 hours ago, Player2 said:

Video is up on my Youtube channel. You'll find it under Power Rad Mod Show and Tell.

3 hours ago, Braddack said:

Dude, thats some serious Work you have put into that, it Sounds amazing. and cool Costume in your new Vid ❤️

Sadly, they did not have the costume options that we have on Homecoming. It's kinda similar, but not the same. We Have Cake server does not have the new updated costumes that our Devs gave us here.  😞   Thank you though anyway!

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Braddack said:

Dude, thats some serious Work you have put into that, it Sounds amazing. and cool Costume in your new Vid ❤️

Showing off a bit here, I know...sorry, couldn't be helped. But this is the character I use on Homecoming Servers. Sadly, We Have Cake just does not have the costume options that we have on this server.

1318559288_AtomicLevel.thumb.png.64c5ddc6f9a796ce5651b2c89f2d1265.png

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2020 at 4:27 AM, Greycat said:

🙂(I'm addicted to my photon torpedoes. 🙂 )

That is an easy remedy if that is the only thing you don't like about it. Just once you download the Mod, go to your Data\Ogg\Sound\Powers folder and remove the Proton.ogg file from the list, and you are good to go!

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

That is an easy remedy if that is the only thing you don't like about it. Just once you download the Mod, go to your Data\Ogg\Sound\Powers folder and remove the Proton.ogg file from the list, and you are good to go!

Oh, no. It's the general sound of it. But that's just me. I'm glad the option's there for folks though.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I like the sound of the set, but the eye beam attack still isn't one I like. The original version just grates on me. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

4 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I like the sound of the set, but the eye beam attack still isn't one I like. The original version just grates on me. 

Trust me, I get it. There are just certain sounds in this game that I wouldn't touch because they are just way too epic. That "hum" sound effect for Peace Bringers that was recently removed was one of them. Thankfully I was able to bring them back on my own, or I would have been a VERY sad panda.  😉

Now when can we choose custom sound effects for our powers?

Mods, get on this!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Now when can we choose custom sound effects for our powers?

Mods, get on this!

Yes, I have over 40 Mods for all sorts of different powers, game function sounds and even music for Atlas Park, the login screen and Pocket D. There are way more than that though brought to you by other members as well. If you go to http://www.cityofplayers.com/coh-community-tools-mods/ , you can find the CoH Modder Tool, download it, and it has all the available mods in game right on the program and it downloads and installs them for you.

In fact, I have a tutorial video on how to access the program and how to use the program below.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

But I want this sort of thing to be official!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

But I want this sort of thing to be official!

If memory serves, the Devs are working on their own tool for this very thing. However, with the tool we currently have, I would not be surprised if they didn't just get with @The Philotic Knight and make his the official tool for this. His has been up long enough that he has had the time to make adjustments and work out some of the bugs that it once had.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grindingsucks said:

Your Rad effects sound way, WAY better.  I think I'm too jittery about messing up my game files to attempt installing them, though.😛

That is why the Modder Tool was created, it does it for you. Just check out the tutorial video a couple posts up and it walks you through step by step.