Rest in Peace GM Cyclone / Robotech_Master

Jimmy

Sad news.  A tragic and unnecessary loss for his family both RL & COH.

Never knew RM/Cyclone, but his guides were a staple in my learning to play the game. 

He will be missed. 

Pic from Memorial as of just a few minutes ago.  Appreciation for the impact he has had on this game is beyond words. 

image.thumb.png.9b7292f7dc2d886ae188ab8a32a3d668.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute

I didn't know Cyclone, other than his work on guides, and his presence here in the forum.  However, it wasn't hard to glean from just those contributions, that he indeed loved this game, and gave of himself to help make it a great place for every player he came across.  If this year has taught us anything, it's that even in the face of adversity, the only real choice is to persevere.  And, so we will.

We remember fondly those we've lost along the way, and wish their memories bring peace to all that knew them.  

• Like 3

What was no more, is REBORN!

• Retired Game Master

I met Robotech_Master on Live, and depended on his guides there.  When he became a GM here I had a chance to talk with him more, and learn more about him.  He was a busy contributor to our community, as well as several others.  He will be missed by many more than just us, and hopefully left a positive mark on the world.  This is a very sad loss, for a foolish, pointless reason.

Rest in peace, R_M.

Edited by GM Laufeyjarson
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Dang!   Gonna be missed.

• Like 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

Omg that's horrible I hope he will be ok.

Chaos United will hold a memorial for GM Cyclone's honor we chatted with each other a couple of times in AP I feel heart broken someone would do this to him.

RIP GM Cyclone you will always be remembered on Everlasting and from me and from Chaos United we thank you for all you have done for us in the past.

• Like 2

Oh I didn't realize he was part of us when it was posted! I'll pass the sentiments over where I can.

• Like 2

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• Retired Game Master

GM Cyclone had so much love and humour, you couldn't help but be happy around him. His happiness was contagious, and it was a real privilege to work beside him helping this community we love so much.

Requiescant in pace amici mei
(Rest in peace my friend)

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

• City Council

Chris "Robotech Master" Meadows was a well-respected individual in so many communities, not the least of which was our own.

Many players in our community knew of him as Robotech Master through his many top-notch guides and all of the help he has provided people here on the forums, on our Discord server, and back in live (if you didn't know, he was a very well-known player and guide author in live as well). To our team, he was also known as GM Cyclone and he was a valued member who will be greatly missed. Cyclone was always so proactive when it came to helping players, spending many nights roaming the city and finding ways to make the community a better place. He must have reset various broken events (especially Paladin!) hundreds of times. He cared so much about this community and really shined when he was brought onto the team; it's hard for me to imagine not having him around anymore.

The world is truly a worse place without you, friend. May you rest in peace and forever be remembered through the great positive impact you had on this world, both real and virtual. I'll miss you.

• Like 15

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I'm so sorry to hear this, I was really hoping he would make it.

Rest in peace, you were a great dude and a positive beacon among the community.  You will be missed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

So sad to hear this, the last news I had read had sounded optimistic.  Godspeed, R_M, we'll see you on the other side.  😔

Remember to enjoy every sandwich, everyone.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

4 hours ago, GM Kal said:

He was always on Torchbearer with his player account handing out Influence and Superpacks as gifts to new players like mad. He always loved getting new players going.

That was how I met him, though he never mentioned being a GM. He was holding a "hide and seek" and was in the atrium atop a building in AP. Gave me a Superpack, but even more important, a link to his guides, which totally changed the game for me. Such a nice, generous person.  Deepest condolences to his family and his friends.

• Like 4

• Retired Lead Game Master
13 minutes ago, DawL said:

That was how I met him, though he never mentioned being a GM. He was holding a "hide and seek" and was in the atrium atop a building in AP. Gave me a Superpack, but even more important, a link to his guides, which totally changed the game for me. Such a nice, generous person.  Deepest condolences to his family and his friends.

Yes he was doing that as a player long before he was a GM, and continued doing that as a player using his own personal funds afterwards. (No GM powers involved, just his skillful AH marketeering)

We usually keep GM and player identity secret as a default to protect privacy, but it's not required. And we always have totally separate "play" and GM accounts.

• Like 8