Sign in to follow this  
Vanden

Super Strength changes & proliferation to Scrappers and Stalkers

On 10/15/2020 at 9:22 AM, Vanden said:

I wanted to get these ideas I had for Super Strength off my chest before it gets its official Homecoming Looking-At™ and it becomes a moot point.

/jranger

Edited by Vindicator

Nerfing Rage and still keeping the crash? That might have to be a vote of “No Confidence” from me.

• Like 2

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Super Strength needs a rebuild from the ground up. We all know it, even the Rage Junkies. It was close in Page 4 and I suspect that the Captain will give it a another go at some point.

Edited by Myrmidon

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

It really doesn't. And it's not like they could get away with a from-the-ground-up rework; Super Strength is the most popular Tanker secondary by an enormous margin, and quite possibly the most popular Brute primary among Brutes that aren't rolled just to farm. If you think the Rage arguments are bad now, imagine how those players would revolt if they got the rug pulled out from under them and had their characters replaced by something that plays completely differently.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 9:17 AM, Solarverse said:

Why not just make Hand Clap an AoE Knock Down instead of changing Hurl in to one?

Personally I would just turn Handclap into a cone attack that does damage and stuns rather than knockdown. 10-20ft range 120 degree arc. Giving SS set a cone attack it lacks that other sets have.

Leave Hurl as a single target attack but improve the DPA considerably. Hurl is a nice animation and it would be good to see it used more and not just dismissed as a badattack and dps loss.

Remove the crash from single rage and apply it to double rage only. Adjust numbers of rage where needed. Lower to a 50-60% buff if necessary.

Improve jabs numbers a little. 

I think those small fixes would be enough without changing the set drastically.

Edited by Gobbledegook

5 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

Personally I would just turn Handclap into a cone attack that does damage and stuns rather than knockdown. 10-20ft range 120 degree arc. Giving SS set a cone attack it lacks that other sets have.

Leave Hurl as a single target attack but improve the DPA considerably. Hurl is a nice animation and it would be good to see it used more and not just dismissed as a badattack and dps loss.

Remove the crash from single rage and apply it to double rage only. Adjust numbers of rage where needed. Lower to a 50-60% buff if necessary.

Improve jabs numbers a little. 

I think those small fixes would be enough without changing the set drastically.

Or a targeted AoE with a short distance like Fault.

5 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Or a targeted AoE with a short distance like Fault.

That would be 2 AoE attacks, I think that would be too much in some people's view.

I think a cone would suit Handclap better anyway,  hitting mobs infront of the directed Handclap shockwave. A bit like Hulk vs Abomination in the 2008 movie.

1 minute ago, Gobbledegook said:

That would be 2 AoE attacks, I think that would be too much in some people's view.

I think a cone would suit Handclap better anyway,  hitting mobs infront of the directed Handclap shockwave. A bit like Hulk vs Abomination in the 2008 movie.

Fault does no damage. It's target required AoE, slightly ranged and adds a stun. Whether or not it does damage wouldn't matter to me personally either way. Just wanted to clear that up a tad.

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

Fault does no damage. It's target required AoE, slightly ranged and adds a stun. Whether or not it does damage wouldn't matter to me personally either way. Just wanted to clear that up a tad.

Ok. I just thought other sets have a cone damage attack and HC could become that cone....or not lol.

17 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Super Strength needs a rebuild from the ground up. We all know it, even the Rage Junkies. It was close in Page 4 and I suspect that the Captain will give it a another go at some point.

I wouldn't go that far, and I'd hate to see a basic power like Super Strength get turned into combo-building or bonus-stacking like newer sets.

• Like 2