Enter base from passcode

philtrum

There's also dev commands that allow you to defeat everything in a zone at once, no clip through objects, give yourself every power in the game or any specific power, and spawn any number of any targetable entities and/or reflag them as friendly, enemy or otherwise. 

All of these commands exist for the developers to use, not for the players to use. The reality is that the command at the focus of this thread is not meant for players to use, but it exists in its current and well known form until an alternative can be implemented. There are other exploitable commands in this game that can just as easily be taken up by players and deemed essential, one in particular that makes this base pass code seem like a tier one set power by comparison. Luckily it's not being abused to my knowledge and I have confidence our awesome volunteer staff are working on a solution.

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, macskull said:

Considering the Homecoming PvP Discord has over 1300 members I'd say you're underestimating the PvP population by at least two orders of magnitude. But by all means, continue pretending a group of players that enjoy a different part of the game than you aren't worth the developers' time.

You say that but I've never seen a single person who wasn't on my team in any of the PvP zones since I've been on Homecoming.

Ever.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

4 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

You say that but I've never seen a single person who wasn't on my team in any of the PvP zones since I've been on Homecoming.

Ever.

Hi, my experience is different than yours.

I always see more than a single player who isn't on my team in any of the PvP zones since I've been on Homecoming. 

Always. 

• Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

15 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Ever.

You're using anecdotal evidence to counter numbers-based evidence (to be more specific, as of this post there are 1346 members in the HC PvP Discord). That's not how this works. You're also assuming that the PvP zones are the only places where PvP occurs in this game which is also incorrect. While it is true that most zone PvP is concentrated in Recluse's Victory on Indomitable (and to a lesser extent Excelsior and Torchbearer), the arena PvP scene is pretty active with events almost every night.

• Like 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

2 minutes ago, macskull said:

You're using anecdotal evidence to counter numbers-based evidence...

Ok, fair enough.

If it matters I hope that you all get your wish and that this functionality is removed from PvP zones and arenas.

I just hope that the Homecoming devs aren't going to screw over the base community and the RP community just to satisfy the unending complaints of the PvP community.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

It was my understanding that removing access to the command was being put off while work was done on making the existing base TP infrastructure better. If I were in charge of this redesign, I'd probably do something like:

• Keep the command in the game but only function within a certain distance of an SG base portal (this way the RPers that have a library of macros for their passcodes can continue to use them)
  • Reduce the activation time and recharge time of the current base TP powers
  • Add base TP beacons to most zones that don't already have them
  • Rework the existing base TP beacons to drop you in places that make more sense (see: the Founders' Falls beacon that drops you in the middle of nowhere)

I'm aware that no matter what happens, if this command goes away or really changes at all (even like my list above) there's going to be a whole lot of mudslinging on the forums and people will inevitably blame PvPers for it even though it was a command that was never supposed to be accessible by players and using it to escape death in Master of X runs was also a cited reason. I'm just trying (in vain, probably) to get ahead of that.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

somebody's trying to look like a psychic.

also the founder's beacon drops you at the eden entrance, which is quite useful on numina when you're not one of the FF rikti killers . if you want middle of the zone you use ouro. There are a few of the base exits that are specifically useful for numina and the mercy exit is super useful for renault, e.g.

On 10/17/2020 at 9:54 AM, Infinitum said:

I think base use is similar to oro use - meeting, gathering, admin. You can even use pro as a transportation hub like the base.

So yeah get rid of the code, lower p2w base access to 5 min unenhanceable.  Similar to the oro portal. Problem solved.

And make it uninterruptible, and make its animation less than half a second.  For that matter, the cooldowns on Mission Transport and Assemble the Team are also excessive and should be recast after the model of Ouroboros Portal.  

I use enterbasefrompasscode quite often, myself.  It's the best way to duck into a base for crafting from places like Cimerora or Ouroboros.  It also lets you access the quick in-base logout from day job badge locations, which is helpful when swapping characters.  I would strongly prefer that any substitute preserve all of these functions, which do not seem like exploits and increase in-game QOL. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Ouroboros needs to have its recharge time increased to 30 minutes to match Team Transporter. Players have been using it to teleport quickly between zones and that is NOT WHAT IT IS FOR. This is an exploit and needs removing asap. Just because players have gotten used to it is no excuse. Every time I join a PUG and someone drops an ouroboros portal I think to myself "Sweet! Time to do ouroboros content!". It never is. I always complain, and they always give the same excuse: "Xan we're on a taskforce, stop being weird." I'm sick of being called weird. Nerf Ouroboros.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

City of Heroes Class of 2001.

14 minutes ago, Xanatos said:

Every time I join a PUG and someone drops an ouroboros portal I think to myself "Sweet! Time to do ouroboros content!". It never is. I always complain, and they always give the same excuse: "Xan we're on a taskforce, stop being weird." I'm sick of being called weird. Nerf Ouroboros.

You could always stop joining PUGs and form your own teams.  Just be sure to let others know ahead of time that no "exploits" will be used.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I don't know how many times I've been creating IOs for the players in my SG and I go out the portal, use the auction house to buy salvage, passcode back to base, go out the portal, use the auction house to buy salvage, passcode back to base, repeat, repeat, repeat. Thanks to the base passcode macro I'm able to do all of this in under 2 minutes, instead of a half-hour.

All of this can be accomplished entering/exiting a base and using the /ah command. No passcode needed.

Edited by Myrmidon
  • Like 2

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

• City Council
22 minutes ago, Xanatos said:

Ouroboros needs to have its recharge time increased to 30 minutes to match Team Transporter. Players have been using it to teleport quickly between zones and that is NOT WHAT IT IS FOR. This is an exploit and needs removing asap. Just because players have gotten used to it is no excuse. Every time I join a PUG and someone drops an ouroboros portal I think to myself "Sweet! Time to do ouroboros content!". It never is. I always complain, and they always give the same excuse: "Xan we're on a taskforce, stop being weird." I'm sick of being called weird. Nerf Ouroboros.

I cannot promise this. I can, however, promise a nerf for trolls. 😊

• Haha 6
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Ok, fair enough.

If it matters I hope that you all get your wish and that this functionality is removed from PvP zones and arenas.

I just hope that the Homecoming devs aren't going to screw over the base community and the RP community just to satisfy the unending complaints of the PvP community.

Knock it off.

*This is not a change because of PVP.* This change has been talked about - as has been proven by *dev comments* - for quite some time.

You obviously do not like and want to demonize the PVP community for whatever reason while having your (uninformed) rant. This is not "screwing over" the RP community (of which I am one, so stop speaking for me.)  This is not "screwing over" the base community.  Like it or not, the PVP community is *part of our community as a whole.* Stop scapegoating them. It does nothing but you look like a tool.

We have been told almost since the command dropped on live that it was a dev command, not one that was supposed to be exposed to players, and would go away eventually. That is *fact.* That has nothing to do with which part of the community does what, other than those who have found exploits with it, nor with people complaining.

Edited by Greycat
  • Thanks 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Knock it off.

Feel free to log in to your moderator account and sanction me or ban me outright then.

Otherwise trying to tell me what I'm allowed to talk about is a waste of your time.

• City Council
14 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Feel free to log in to your moderator account and sanction me or ban me outright then.

Otherwise trying to tell me what I'm allowed to talk about is a waste of your time.

He doesn't have one. I, however, do. Please do not engage in prosopophagia. It's impolite!

Let's table this topic for now. I'm certain you will all be free to debate it in circles Soon™.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

Don't get rid of one of the best features since live, whether it was meant to stay or not. If the problem is PVPers (none that I know), suppress it in PVP zones. But allow for us to travel the City as fast as we've been doing since Score released

• Like 1

Put into practice that which cannot be thought

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1596
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

I disagree, please remove the command and also unmerge the green and yellow lines, the City of Gyros franchise I own on the east side of Steel Canyon has never financially recovered from the loss of foot traffic since the merger

• Like 2
  • Haha 6