Longer Bio's

... just as an aside, is anyone else going "Longer bio's what? You put in a posessive, you want a plural!"

(Give me some credit, I've been fighting that this whole time.)

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

You dun and gone open'd dat can o' worms!

. . . in the Endgame/Balancing thread I had to bite my fingers not to type a message about someone constantly not using "too" when they should have been.

AHEM!   Now back to our previously scheduled thread about extending the length of in-game biographies.

Yes.   Please.   Thank you.

But if they want to prioritize fixing the damnable thing first, that's fine too.

13 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Actually, what I would really like is a way to rate or comment on someone else's bio.  It's awesome when you read a great one, and just saying, "great bio" in a tell may just plain not be enough.

For folks like me, a "great bio" is all you need to do to put a huge smile on my face for that day's play session.

• Like 2

• 3 years later
On 10/19/2020 at 8:22 PM, Solarverse said:

I made some pretty strong arguments in favor of [this] change and still didn't win anyone over. I don't see it winning anyone over this time either, heh.

That is unfortunate. I just made the same suggestion. I don't really even see the need to "win anyone over" as far as majority rules goes. More room to type in a bio is kind of a neutral thing; you can either use it or not. So for those who do want it, it would be a plus. Those who don't wouldn't be affected. But yeah I know that unless a ton of people chime in wanting the change, the chances of ever seeing it are slim to none, unfortunately. It's odd though, that the space is so limited. We are creating "comic book" heroes and villains, there are built in features for roleplaying... you'd think a larger space for biographical information/backstory would be a given.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 10:59 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Actually, what I would really like is a way to rate or comment on someone else's bio.  It's awesome when you read a great one, and just saying, "great bio" in a tell may just plain not be enough.

This is also a wonderful idea.

• Like 1