Alpha question: Agility or Cardiac? (or Vigor?!)

cohRock

The root of the issue is in your build and slotting. Post that and we can help dissect it.

Off the bat I question the need for any of the leadership toggles on an SR tank.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

15 hours ago, cohRock said:

Curve ball -- he went with Vigor and is at tier 3, partial core revamp.  This grants 33% to healing, accuracy, and end reduction.  Since he followed the advice of @Frostbiter and slotted the Numina proc in Health and Miracle in Physical Perfection, the Vigor health boost restores the "lost" normal healing enhancements.  (He also slotted the pure healing/absorb enhancement from each set, giving a recovery set bonus from one and a regeneration set bonus from the other.)

Actually, Vigor covers so many bases it might become my goto Alpha for most other 50s.  While it doesn't include any recharge, Poul doesn't really need it.  He did not bother with Hasten, and the only really long recharge time he has is on Conserve Power.  And unless he is sapped or something, I think that will have become a very situational power anyway.  As he incorporates various sets, I'm sure that future sets will add to the 20% recharge he gains from Quickness.

Vigor is legit, I've used it on a couple characters. Even if the +heal is not super-useful, that can be said with any alpha you choose really. 

8 hours ago, Nemu said:

The root of the issue is in your build and slotting. Post that and we can help dissect it.

Off the bat I question the need for any of the leadership toggles on an SR tank.

@Nemu, okay, posted at bottom.  His main issue has been solved; Tier 3 Vigor took care of my endurance problems.

Regarding the need for Assault and Tactics, I disagree.  In the first place, Super Reflexes (SR) offers no native perception, meaning that he can and will be blinded unless he is teamed with someone else who has Tactics..  If all he is doing is fire farms all day, no problem, but real random missions sometimes have foes who will blind you for tens of seconds.  To me, that is unacceptable.  Additionally, Tactics provides his only protection against Terrorize and Confuse.  Thus I view Tactics as a necessity for SR, and to access that power, one needs either Assault or Maneuvers.  Assault is a "one slot wonder", needing no further slots.  It also offers SR's only resistance to Placate and Taunt effects.   Maneuvers OTOH would offer a bit more general defense, and if 4-slotted you could put another defense set in it.  But when slots are tight, I go with Assault, helping to overcome a tank's lesser damage capability.  Plus as a tank, he shares a 90-foot buff radius with his teammates, compared to 60-foot for all other archetypes.

The following build is not complete, nor was I careful to insure the enhancemt levels were all entered accurately.  Besides the Numina and Miracle procs, he has only added sets to two powers at this point.  Over time, almost all his powers will use various sets.  His Alpha:Vigor and Destiny:Ageless are at Tier 3, while Judgement:Ion, Lore:Cimeroran and Interface:Preemptive at still at Tier 1.  Hybrid is not yet unlocked.  I have verified that Poul doesn't need Ageless at all, but offering endurance, recovery, and recharge to nearby teammates is a very defendery thing to do.  He probably at some point also build up Desiny:Barrier to have the ability to help his teammates handle damage.  Then he could switch between Ageless and Barrier depending on whom he is teamed with.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Poul Bunyan: Level 50 Technology Tanker
Primary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Secondary Power Set: Battle Axe
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Focused Fighting -- EndRdx-I(A), DefBuff-I(5), DefBuff-I(7), DefBuff-I(11)
Level 1: Beheader -- Acc-I(A), Dmg-I(3), Dmg-I(3), Dmg-I(15), Empty(31)
Level 2: Focused Senses -- EndRdx-I(A), DefBuff-I(5), DefBuff-I(7), DefBuff-I(11)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- Jump-I(A)
Level 6: Practiced Brawler -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 8: Gash -- Acc-I(A), Dmg-I(9), Dmg-I(9), Dmg-I(15), EndRdx-I(31)
Level 10: Agile -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(33), DefBuff-I(34)
Level 12: Evasion -- EndRdx-I(A), DefBuff-I(13), DefBuff-I(13), DefBuff-I(17)
Level 14: Taunt -- Acc-I(A), Taunt-I(40)
Level 16: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Kick -- Acc-I(A), Dmg-I(19), Dmg-I(19), Dmg-I(27), Empty(37)
Level 20: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 22: Dodge -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(34), DefBuff-I(34)
Level 24: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A), ToHit-I(33)
Level 26: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Whirling Axe -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg(A), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Mlt-Dmg/Rchg(29), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 30: Lucky -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(37), DefBuff-I(39)
Level 32: Weave -- EndRdx-I(A), DefBuff-I(33), DefBuff-I(43), DefBuff-I(43)
Level 35: Conserve Power -- RechRdx(A)
Level 38: Pendulum -- Acc(A), Dmg(39), Dmg(39), Dmg(45), EndRdx(45)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- EndMod(A), Heal(42), EndMod(42), Mrc-Heal(42), EndMod(43), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 44: Swoop -- Acc(A), Dmg(45), Dmg(46), Dmg(46), EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Cleave -- Acc(A), Dmg(48), Dmg(48), Dmg(48), EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), ToHit-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A), NmnCnv-Heal(23), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(25)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(23), EndMod-I(25)
Level 50: Vigor Partial Core Revamp
------------

Edited by cohRock

-- Rock

Good explanation of your rationale and now I have the proper context. Endurance management can be pretty tough with standard SO/IO slotting and even more so when you are running as many toggles as you are.

I'd invest in two performance shifter procs and put one each in physical perfection and stamina, then a panacea proc when you can afford it into health. I'd also re-slot the miracle proc in health as well so that it will still work for you even when exemped down. If you do nothing else that should improve your endurance quality of life.

Of the toggles and what they protect you against, assault is the least useful. There are not too many enemies out there that taunt and even less that placate. Also neither assault nor tactics provide protection against those effects, just resistance, meaning that they will wear off sooner, but you will still be taunted/confused, etc... The only status that these toggle really counter is blind, and tactics in general is nice because of the +to hit so I would probably include it too in my build.

Weave is optional too, you are very close to softcap without it and if you invested in a couple of ranged defense and aoe defense set bonuses you can leave it off until you go up against debuff heavy opponents.

Of course If you don't wish to invest any more influence on this character Vigor is perfectly fine, it's a great alpha for the build you have right now and I would do the same thing.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Just going to add a few thoughts.  

Focused Senses does provide +perception and should help against Stealthed Foes and against being Blinded.  Arachnos being the major offenders here.  Tactics at 50th might exceed the +perception of Focused Senses but I am not sure as it varies by AT and I've no idea how tanks scale.  It can be upwards of nearly 50% stronger which I suspect is the defender end of the AT scaling.  It also passes this benefit on to any teammates/allies in range a huge benefit against Arachnos and others causing the 'Blind" condition.

Unfortunately I am limited to a phone and can't look at Mids so unsure if you've capped your DDR, but given your slotting I'd be very surprised if you haven't (at 95%).  If you have most likely you'll never get significantly defense debuffed by anything ... you'll be dead before that happens in all likelyhood.  Although I think Billz could speak to that better than I.  My only experience there is as a solo scrapper, not tank but I've certainly managed to annoy towers worth of Cimerorans and multiple mobs of Arachnos and the like with my scrapper.  As for Weave and the defense cap, you currently don't have either +defense unique so adding both is a quick +6% defense (all).