I'm sorry, Scrapper Archetype...

Aeroprism

2 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

NOOOOOooooooooo!!!

Were they not going to change one o the powers in to a teleport AoE power similar to Lightning Rod?

They tried that, but ultimately did not do it, at least for now. In part, I think, specifically because the Stalker did not get it. There is no indication I’m aware of that they are still strongly considering it. The Shadow Maul change was probably enough. 

edit: I’m not sure it was ever a teleport. Just a big special aoe.

Edited by Wavicle

1 hour ago, Aeroprism said:

Oh dear... ATO`s a 100 merits a piece, that's 1200 Merits for Stalker's two sets.  I don't think I've ever had more that 80 merits on a character.

High enough to do hami raids? At least on everlasting, we run two back to back. 120 merits per pair.

(Though if I were going that route, I wouldn't spend the merits on ATOs. You can run the converter lottery, or just grab the winter IOs, sell those and probably get ATOs at a 3:2 ratio... )

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Just now, Wavicle said:

They tried that, but ultimately did not do it, at least for now. In part, I think, specifically because the Stalker did not get it. There is no indication I’m aware of that they are still strongly considering it. The Shadow Maul change was probably enough. 

Unless my memory is fading in my old age, I am fairly certain that at least at one point, they were going to turn Soul Drain or Dark Consumption into the teleport AoE.

Just now, Solarverse said:

Unless my memory is fading in my old age, I am fairly certain that at least at one point, they were going to turn Soul Drain or Dark Consumption into the teleport AoE.

It was Dark Consumption, I just don’t recall the TP part, but you may be right, I don’t remember.

7 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Yeah, it was compared to a "mini-nuke" like lightning rod or shield charge, but they just meant that in terms of AoE damage, not the teleport effect.  That change was rolled out, tested, and deemed too strong.  When they tried to significantly weaken it, people kept referring to the original "mini-nuke" damage and -- putting together some things Jimmy said -- I think they felt like they couldn't get useful feedback on it, because people just kept saying, "This isn't Lightning Rod."

This seems to have contributed in part to the decision not to publicly test Page 6 so far, and only invite trusted testers to the closed beta, with public beta pushed way back to the part where they're doing final passes for bugs and perhaps fine tuning numbers, not exploring concepts.

Edited by aethereal
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Wait till they finish the changes to Dark Melee. I am in the process of rolling a Dark/Dark now (level 26 so far) in anticipation of the changes to Dark Melee. Sadly, Stalkers will not see these changes and will be left behind with that powerset.  😉

My dream is they instead buff touch of fear into a chaining fear power with some damage (kind of like electric melee chain induction).  Would be so cool, would make that power actually useful, and give the set a bit more aoe that they said they want to give it.  Most importantly, would not leave out stalkers that way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Riverdusk said:

My dream is they instead buff touch of fear into a chaining fear power with some damage (kind of like electric melee chain induction).  Would be so cool, would make that power actually useful, and give the set a bit more aoe that they said they want to give it.  Most importantly, would not leave out stalkers that way.

This is a really clever idea. 

@VileTerrorI saw your message in game, sent you a PM 🙂  My global is not very hard to guess 😄

@LuminaraYes I'm still a neophyte but I use the markets and I convert enhancements to try and make a little money. It seems to have caught on so, it's not as lucrative as it once might have been. I'd say I have 100 Million spread across all my characters. My highest is 36 mind you, I have 26 characters rolled but 6 of those have been abandoned already. I alt a lot, still looking for the combos I really like.

Initially I was supposed to be playing this alone but my old CoH crew decided to try with me and they all fell in love and for some 2 months, it was hectic and good.  But then last week, WoW released an expansion, so I am once again pretty much alone.  Also: my friends never wanted to play Redside with me so, I progress very slowly.  

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

@LuminaraYes I'm still a neophyte but I use the markets and I convert enhancements to try and make a little money. It seems to have caught on so, it's not as lucrative as it once might have been.

It's a gold mine.

No, it's a placer deposit on a gorgeous sand bank with glistening nuggets lying in plain sight.  Enhancement conversion is a huge equalizer, and the biggest key to making inf* on the market.  Once you figure out what sells, and presuming you have converters to burn, people throw inf* at you.  The comparison between lucrative now and lucrative six months ago is really just drops in the bucket, and it's actually a boon, even if you're trying to make a profit, because it also means you're paying a little less for the things you can't acquire through conversion of typical uncommon and rare IOs.  The ceiling might be lower, but so is the floor.

That said, I also play solo and focus on story arcs, so I'm rarely hurting for merits.  A bad streak of conversions, or being too impatient to wait another hour to fill an enhancement slot, that's really all that slows me down on making inf* or kitting out a character with "the best".

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

6 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Stalkers don't get spin and eviscerate was turned into an ST attack. For this and this alone, stalkers<scrappers.

And I really wanted my stalker Bill not to suck.

Then you should have gone with a decent primary.

<runs for cover>

• Haha 2

I've got a goodly number of stalkers on HC, and they are really a great AT now. They simply tear things up. I tried to make scrappers to give the AT a shot, and honestly the AT simply doesn't measure up, even with the ATOs.

Yes, there are some cases where the stalker does give up too much from a primary, generally AOE potential (or a nice gimmick like soul drain), but it's easy enough to pick a primary that works well and proceed to dish out amazing damage with crits you actually <gasp> control.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

It's a gold mine.

No, it's a placer deposit on a gorgeous sand bank with glistening nuggets lying in plain sight.  Enhancement conversion is a huge equalizer, and the biggest key to making inf* on the market.  Once you figure out what sells, and presuming you have converters to burn, people throw inf* at you.  The comparison between lucrative now and lucrative six months ago is really just drops in the bucket, and it's actually a boon, even if you're trying to make a profit, because it also means you're paying a little less for the things you can't acquire through conversion of typical uncommon and rare IOs.  The ceiling might be lower, but so is the floor.

That said, I also play solo and focus on story arcs, so I'm rarely hurting for merits.  A bad streak of conversions, or being too impatient to wait another hour to fill an enhancement slot, that's really all that slows me down on making inf* or kitting out a character with "the best".

That all sounds like way too much work. I just slaughter enemies and they pay for everything I need.

2 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

Playing the market is actually pretty fun. I guess I just need to learn to be good at it.

It's actually pretty easy. All I do is take my crappy Defense set recipe drops and convert them into LotG Global Recharge IO's. Even I have over a billion inf now.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

2 hours ago, drbuzzard said:

I've got a goodly number of stalkers on HC, and they are really a great AT now. They simply tear things up. I tried to make scrappers to give the AT a shot, and honestly the AT simply doesn't measure up, even with the ATOs.

Yes, there are some cases where the stalker does give up too much from a primary, generally AOE potential (or a nice gimmick like soul drain), but it's easy enough to pick a primary that works well and proceed to dish out amazing damage with crits you actually <gasp> control.

They also give up some key secondary powers too for their hide; almost always an Endurance management tool. They also tend to lose any sort of taunty goodness.

My main is a claws/willpower scrapper and there’s no way a stalker version of the same would measure up. They’d not only lose some easy Endurance management, they also drop the scaling Regen (and enemy to-hit debuff which auto-interrupts all those summoners like raider engineers) of Rise to the Challenge

Throw in losing the amazing AoE in Spin and Eviscerate and getting bog standard Build-Up in place of Follow-Up (a.k.a. you don’t stop to build up... you achieve perma build-up by stabbing things in the face) and you go from a virtually unstoppable engine of AoE death that never stops attacking to a sad pathetic being who has to skulk around hitting enemies one at a time.

No wonder Claws/Willpower Stalkers get Hide as a required power; I’d hide my face in shame too after watching my cousin’s spin attack drop half a spawn in one attack.

Some things are just better as Scrappers.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Chris24601 said:

They also give up some key secondary powers too for their hide; almost always an Endurance management tool. They also tend to lose any sort of taunty goodness.

My main is a claws/willpower scrapper and there’s no way a stalker version of the same would measure up. They’d not only lose some easy Endurance management, they also drop the scaling Regen (and enemy to-hit debuff which auto-interrupts all those summoners like raider engineers) of Rise to the Challenge

Throw in losing the amazing AoE in Spin and Eviscerate and getting bog standard Build-Up in place of Follow-Up (a.k.a. you don’t stop to build up... you achieve perma build-up by stabbing things in the face) and you go from a virtually unstoppable engine of AoE death that never stops attacking to a sad pathetic being who has to skulk around hitting enemies one at a time.

No wonder Claws/Willpower Stalkers get Hide as a required power; I’d hide my face in shame too after watching my cousin’s spin attack drop half a spawn in one attack.

A solid case of "to each his own" I guess.  My very, very first CoH character was a claw/regen scrapper and I never got her passed 34 or 35, She felt weak and needed to hit everything ten times before they fell.

That was 25 issues ago, however. Perhaps things changed since then.

1 hour ago, Chris24601 said:

As I mentioned, there's some sets which have a nice gimmick, which includes follow up. Stalkers lose those tricks because they always have build up instead, which is a bit of a waste (an artifact of their initial design which was periodic burst damage from hide, which really isn't valid anymore). However if you're looking to beat down a single target, they are hard to beat (or unbeatable, I'm not up on current pylon times). You are also correct about them being awful in aggro management. I have stalkers durable enough to tank most things, but they shed aggro like water off a duck's back.

If I want melee AOE I will concede scrappers clearly, but I use tanks or brutes for that.

As for costs in the secondaries, I only really do defense sets on stalkers, so I can't really speak to WP or regen (or many other sets). Heck, I'm generally of the opinion that non defense sets on anything but tankers or brutes (or sentinels since they have range), it not tough enough for me to like it. Of course YMMV.

Under proper circumstances, I've worked out a build where katana can hit for over 1200 points of damage with Golden Dragonfly.

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1569;712;1424;HEX;|
|78DA6594DB6F125110C6CF81852D14DA624BE9BD162DB4A014D407AF31D1D626F66|
|293263E59E9168EED1A0264A1897DF4DD6B5BD3276F89D6FAE21FE2F5DF30D1AA89|
|8989BEE0B0F31548D8407EB373BE39F331BB87B93B93BE77D3772F0AD9763967944|
|AE9C58C65148BCAD2E78DF2BA65E4045DEE6B5621B366EA14060FD6D3732AA75462|
|C6281B79A3B7969D54B754BEA412F366FEB6592EAD0BFF42A1904B5C3157D7CA667|
|EB5DDBE9B55465659A535B3E83BB82FD2A2D7BE592C2A950D4C15CD4CE25221BB91|
|9E334A65656DF450F3247DEF575DD857C525BE38854869A2ED3333FA09FCC81CFF0|
|0BE67BAC6A94CDAB54E1194764EEB62BA3BC04EE6031D52EA232F38789FF3CCD839|
|F02C788679EC34D34D7D9CE8E3449F16F469411F2FFAE8A47541EB82D60BAD0F5A1|
|FB40FC993CE5A97FE163DF798C7DF80BBE06BE6C42B660BF5F1C86A71457AE282E7|
|06DEA37D5BF15B5B9F685CB70D6E31539BE063F0115352AD9F6B85BF4297F050A77|
|6CE38DAFFB0AA039D0EB8495501D6688197AC39F4027CCE8C3C63469F32BDB46F27|
|D7383BF7F989767D07BF31BBBF329DB47F90B53278827283B436C16B1AAD8530F11|
|026DE8389F760E27D98F816697B3199DE384FB22FC61C18678E8C318F46999108B3|
|95FCF6731FD95F6D481E06FEB28700ED3B080F83F030040F43F030040FDBA41DC65|
|31F563C8BC3593003AE30470C7099E9230F61F80F1BECEBC83298066FC2FF127883|
|D94D7D47E17F74867D477E3317096378EA6378A6BBF41AC4A18FEFE0EDDC648669A|
|F04F409E8433A9FE86A2ED9CFFB0E68B5D34D9FEADB34ACD5CE6C6526565BADC49A|
|94C9A64CAA2973B22973AA2933DB98F1B0FF05ADF66F2024BFE51D74C6E165DF4BA|
|BB271F5673DE3905729886AC2711DFF3823FC5B7F3455FDAA67A4C4041D98E0BF6E|
|02E66085EAF17443BCE4B53DDBB1D110AF34C40B0DB17BB45EBB43472B85FC5EB81|
|ABBECF83F47DBFA5F|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

23 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

And she has all your powersets.

I'm sorry. 

Titan Weapons called to say you just never had big enough damage for her, but don't feel bad or self-conscious, not all Powersets are created equal.

Damage size matters...

Edited by Mopery
Englishing
  • Haha 1

What, me worry?

I believe that my scrapper from live and my defender from live got together and birthed the Sentinel AT.  Great armor paired with (kinda sucky) ranged blasts....fulfills my scrapperlock superbly!

I totally understand OPs desire to wander from the past love and find new and exciting pastimes with new and exciting ATs!  And with 1000 character slots on each of the 5 shards...there is room for EVERYONE!

Don't call me unfaithful, YOU DON'T KNOW MY LIFE!

😁

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mopery said:

Titan Weapons called to say you just never had big enough damage for her, but don't feel bad or self-conscious, not all Powersets are created equal.

Damage size matters...

Eh.  Too much foreplay, you have to start over too often and it wants to quit halfway through (endurance issues).

Size doesn't matter if it can't stay up, or needs a lot of extra attention to stay up.  Smaller, more frequent, and lower maintenance is more pleasurable in the long run.

I can do this all day.  TW can't.  😏

• Haha 6

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.