I'm sorry, Scrapper Archetype...

Aeroprism

14 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

Scrappers have a place on a team. Someone has to hold the capes.

All teams need a flooring inspector.  When Blasters are out to lunch, Scrappers are the next best thing.

• Haha 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

Eh.  Too much foreplay, you have to start over too often and it wants to quit halfway through (endurance issues).

Size doesn't matter if it can't stay up, or needs a lot of extra attention to stay up.  Smaller, more frequent, and lower maintenance is more pleasurable in the long run.

I can do this all day.  TW can't.  😏

Like talking to a river in Egypt...

What, me worry?

10 minutes ago, Mopery said:

Like talking to a river in Egypt...

Fertile, reliable and the source of power for the most fascinating culture in history?

Shh.  Don't tell anyone.  I'm in disguise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Ok fine. Chaoswolf (poor kid has gone through so many rebuilds) has been turned into a Sav/SR stalker. I just renamed his bio/claws tank build in case this has to get deleted as well.

Edit: The rename made me laugh. Bioclawstank1

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Ok fine. Chaoswolf (poor kid has gone through so many rebuilds) has been turned into a Sav/SR stalker. I just renamed his bio/claws tank build in case this has to get deleted as well.

You chose Savage because it has the most AoE, didn't you.

I've been thinking the same thing.  Another Sister might be in the works.  🙂

9 minutes ago, Luminara said:

You chose Savage because it has the most AoE, didn't you.

I've been thinking the same thing.  Another Sister might be in the works.  🙂

Partially. This will be my 4th or so attempt to keep a savage somethin. All other attempts got nuked. So ... we'll see.

Funny analogies aside (one of the few threads i enjoyed reading every post), I do feel the last issues that changed Stalkers really did blur the distinction between Scrappers and Stalkers. To some, it is good as it gives more people a reason to play Stalkers or to bring the AT into the spotlight (kind of antithetical to the concept tho) but only at the cost of Scrappers' niche.

I'd still want Stalkers to compete, of course, but as a huge fan of the AT, even I concede that the mainstay of the AT is made obsolete after a certain point (talking about hide+AS). I still use it because I enjoy it and I accept that as my build matures it's less useful. Still think AT distinction could have been maintained.

Not suggesting a change, just starting my opinion.

20 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

The names won't stop now. Claw Stank on its own is great.... but there could be Tank Stank. Or Taint Stank. Saint Stank.... all the possibilities.

Are you... Tony... Stank?

• Haha 4

On 10/21/2020 at 4:55 PM, Aeroprism said:

... it's not you, it's me.  We've had good times, we've had excellent times. You were my first 50 on live. And with Homecoming, I looked forward to try all your new sexy powersets and for a time, I did and for a time, it was good.

But then yesterday I crossed the Stalker Archetype in a hallway and casually, I just said hi. She smiled and asked me if I wanted to go for a character roll. 

I mean, I always knew she was there, that she was available, but I figured she would only be a fling, a cheap thrill. From afar, she looked so hollow, so artificial and without substance. Just pretty and empty, you know? Not at all like you, faithful scrapper, so solid, loyal, even and predictable.

I always avoided her and kept thinking you were everything I needed, I didn't want to explore.

It began with such an innocent Kinetic touch, just an unseen brush of the hand really. Her Energy Aura pulled me in, it was all over for me.

You need to understand.  The thrill of one-shotting a yellow lieutenant at level 10 unenhanced.  The crazy criticals. The fun of being everywhere without being seen.

And she has all your powersets.

I'm sorry. 

Another KM/EA Stalker!  What is that, 5 now?

Ive had the exact same experience, bruthr. 

I tried a scrapper with the ATOs. It still felt like far fewer crits. Is this wrong? Do the archtypes really crit the same number of times? I find it almost impossible to believe. 

My def capped stalkers are demigods...

3 minutes ago, AxerJ said:

I tried a scrapper with the ATOs. It still felt like far fewer crits. Is this wrong? Do the archtypes really crit the same number of times? I find it almost impossible to believe. 

No one ever said they crit the same number of times, because they don’t. Stalkers get more crits, but Scrappers have higher base damage. The end result is Stalkers in general do very slightly more damage, but they have lower HP, tend to shed aggro instead of grabbing it, and often lose one or more abilities in exchange for their stalking tools. I consider that balance.

Edited by Wavicle

You guys make me want to roll a Claw character again.  Maybe a brute this time.

When I'm not busy making more stalkers.  Still on my Kin/EA, but I wanna try more combos.  Elec/Elec, Ice/Dark, SJ/SD, Psy/Something.

This game.  Man, this game.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 7:27 PM, AxerJ said:

Crit mechanics are as follows:

Scrappers have a base chance to crit of 5% against minions, 10% against lts and up.  We'll ignore minions now, since you don't really need crits to quickly kill minions.

One of the scrapper ATOs increases this crit rate (on lts and up) to 14% with the non-superior version or 16% with the superior version.

The other ATO gives a crit rate of 50% (it says +50%, but I think it's just a flat 50%, not 50% + 10%/14%/16%) for a short time (5 seconds, I think?) with a PPM of 2 (non-superior) or 3 (superior).

Stalkers have a base chance to crit of 7%, and it increases for every additional person on your team -- I forget how much, but I believe it ends up a bit north of 30% on an 8 person team.  (Most) Single-target attacks have a 100% chance to crit out of hide and (most) AoE attacks have a 50% chance to crit out of hide.  The stalker chance-to-hide ATO has 4 (non-superior)/5 (superior) PPM.

So much each AT crits depends a lot on a bunch of things.  If a scrapper can find a really good attack to get its critical strikes proc in and abuse global recharge, they might reasonably see 6 activations per minute, so that's like 50% uptime.  But another scrapper might get a lot less.  A stalker on an 8 person team gets an enormous crit rate.

Edited by aethereal

29 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

SCRAPPERS ARE GETTING ENERGY MELEE IN ISSUE 7 O.O

Wow.  The HC team is downright amazing.  They actually travelled back in time.

I suppose I should stop picking on @Jimmy for staring at his own nipples, or he'll erase me from the universe.  😮

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

You guys make me want to roll a Claw character again.  Maybe a brute this time.

As you should. Claws/Fire is my little ball of death that I run through all the content. 

Rumor has it farming is also decent. 

• Like 1