I'm sorry, Scrapper Archetype...

Aeroprism

No, @Luminara.   You should stop picking on @Jimmy for staring at his own nipples because no one should be picked on for staring at any nipples.

At most, they should be politely reminded not to stare at nipples to the point of making others uncomfortable in situations where the appropriateness of the conduct has been applied in accordance with social niceties.  But never picked on.

. . .

. . . TOP FREEDOM!

1 minute ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

No, @Luminara.   You should stop picking on @Jimmy for staring at his own nipples because no one should be picked on for staring at any nipples.

At most, they should be politely reminded not to stare at nipples to the point of making others uncomfortable in situations where the appropriateness of the conduct has been applied in accordance with social niceties.  But never picked on.

. . .

. . . TOP FREEDOM!

So... you're saying that the sad face response from @Jimmy means he wants me to post that picture more often and celebrate his obsession with his own nipples, and you support that?

Okay!  😄

Also, I'm only messing with him because he was leering at his nipples.  Not casually glancing, not even staring, leering.  Those eyes, and that grin... 😨

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

They could put Scrapper back on top by raising the critical % to 25% flat. Then there would be a big surge.

Scrappers now don't critical even after a lobster dinner and a backrub.

What's their crit chance now? like 5%? Feels like it.

I remember on live before the Regen Nerf, Scrappers were filling up the beds in Atlas General Hospital.

Now you just need a band-aid and some Neo-Sporin.

Edited by Captain Yesterday

1 hour ago, Sakai said:

As you should. Claws/Fire is my little ball of death that I run through all the content. 

Rumor has it farming is also decent. 

I did, this afternoon. Rolled a Claw/Bio that I spent 2 hours running with a Mastermind friend.  Was insane fun!  That was my first brute ever and an angry brute is FUN.

• Like 2

Yes, ATOs are way cheaper from the AH. You can often get a non-superior version for 6-10mil depending on the AH's mood, then buy converters for 1-3mil a pop (again depending on the AH's mysterious ways), which will end up saving you a buttload instead of buying it with merits.

Another way to come about them is to buy super packs for 10 mil a pop. You have a chance to get 0, 1 or 2 ATOs on every pack plus a bunch of items you can post for resale. On the average, it comes out more profitable if you can afford to buy in bulk rather than spend your last 10 mil on a gamble.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2020 at 3:22 PM, GM Kal said:

If you bought Scrapper nice things, like Critical strikes ATO, Scrapper would love you back.

If scrappers were that great, you wouldn't have to spend for ATOs on them!

My first real main was a stalker, and I loved being able to explore without being seen most of the time.  Scrappers are just deficient stalkers to me.  😃

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Thanks for the super-pack advice, I will try this!

Speaking of stalking, I'm almost done with Praetoria and I just got the Loyalist mission "Hunt down Shen", in which endless waves of minions add up every 4-5 seconds. I wanted to ignore them since they give no XP, but they see through stealth.  Soon, I had 80+ pointless minions on me. 

Who in Statesman's smelly shoes thought such a mission would EVER be a good idea?

54 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

Thanks for the super-pack advice, I will try this!

Speaking of stalking, I'm almost done with Praetoria and I just got the Loyalist mission "Hunt down Shen", in which endless waves of minions add up every 4-5 seconds. I wanted to ignore them since they give no XP, but they see through stealth.  Soon, I had 80+ pointless minions on me. 

Who in Statesman's smelly shoes thought such a mission would EVER be a good idea?

Been a while since I did that but I recall there being a strategy that worked... what difficulty are you on?

12 hours ago, Six Six said:

Yes, ATOs are way cheaper from the AH. You can often get a non-superior version for 6-10mil depending on the AH's mood, then buy converters for 1-3mil a pop (again depending on the AH's mysterious ways), which will end up saving you a buttload instead of buying it with merits.

I think you meant Catalysts, which do indeed go for around 2 million.

Enhancement Converters sell for around 70,000 and are what you use when you don't have the enhancement you want.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

If I didn't hate invisibility so much I would enjoy stalkers.  But I want to see the costume that I worked so hard on in the game.  

DEVS!!  Please let us toggle the see through effect of hide like Dark Armor's invis?  Force it in PvP sure, but at least give us the option of letting us be seen if we want it....  Pretty please with sugar on top?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

I think you meant Catalysts, which do indeed go for around 2 million.

Enhancement Converters sell for around 70,000 and are what you use when you don't have the enhancement you want.

Yes, yes I did. Thank you. (I won't edit the previous post so that your comment will still make sense) 😃

3 minutes ago, Six Six said:

Yes, yes I did. Thank you. (I won't edit the previous post so that your comment will still make sense) 😃

What I've seen people do when they want to keep the original text is they add a line at the bottom like: Edit: Oops, I meant catalysts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 10/24/2020 at 12:08 PM, aethereal said:

Crit mechanics are as follows:

Stalkers have a base chance to crit of 5% against minions, 10% against lts and up.  We'll ignore minions now, since you don't really need crits to quickly kill minions.

I think you missed something in your edit - this should read "Scrappers have..." instead of "Stalkers have...."

And Stalkers get a 7% base + 3% critical rate per teammate within 30', including themselves, to get a 31% critical chance outside of hidden status if the whole team is there and staying packed.

3 minutes ago, aethereal said:

You're correct!  Sorry for the confusion, it's edited.

No problem for me, I got it from context because I knew what the rates were already - but if someone who didn't know that already saw it they might get confused, which is what I was trying to prevent. 🙂