Too quiet share your thoughts!

EmmySky

33 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Redundancy can be redundant sometimes.

Redundancy is a form of error correction.

But we're getting off topic here: we should be discussing how i27p1 100% sucks because regen hasn't been nerfed. Devs, pls nerf. kthxbai.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sif said:

But we're getting off topic here: we should be discussing how i27p1 100% sucks because regen hasn't been nerfed. Devs, pls nerf. kthxbai.

Well, TA received a buff to -Regen, and has -Regen resistance debuffing now.  TA is a Regen nerf in I27.

• Thanks 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Silly @catsi563.

We all share the same head around here.  We're just residing in different parts of it.

*moves into all of the other parts of the head*

I want a banana hammer skin for maces.

That plays clips of Bananarama songs when attacking.

A Bananarama banana hammer.

*queues up the '80's tunes and grabs the hair brush*

• Thanks 1

I'll have a go, Emmy.  🙂

I've been playing about a year now.  I have a bunch of characters.  I've done a ton of RP (and always will- my favorite reason to play the game).  I've done a ton of solo play.  But I've only run a handful of Task/Strike Forces.  When I join groups, it's almost always on radio/paper missions, because I've done tons of them solo and I'm confident that I know what I'm doing.

I want to try all of the Task/Strike forces but they stress me out, because I hate being the guy that gets confused/lost when everyone else has already done the missions and knows exactly what to do/where to go, so I still have a lot of them I haven't tried yet.

Of the ones that I HAVE done:

1) Mothership Raid:  Boring.  No thanks.

2) Imperious Task Force: Fun at first, but eventually exhausting, because they take so long (probably why a lot of people do them as speed runs, though I loathe speed runs and would rather simply decline to play the mission(s) if this is the solution).

3) Penelope Yin: I love this one.  Fun mix of foes with a cool ambush at the end.  Doesn't take too long, so it isn't exhausting.  Five stars.

League battles:  Initially, it was cool, seeing so many heroes battling together.  Five minutes later, I was bored.  Participating in Leagues?  No thanks.

When I play tabletop/pen & paper RPG's, I typically favor melee types.  On CoX, I've discovered that my favorite AT's are the one's that primarily function at range (Shooting attacks and/or control type powers).  This was unexpected, and somewhat surprising to me.

I find AT's to be overpowered, generally, at lvl 50+.  The sweet spot for play for me, is about lvl 35.  The exception for me is the Sentinel, which is well balanced, and fun to play as a lvl 50.  I have 18 characters, 5 of which are lvl 50.  Of these 5, three are Incarnates.  I only enjoy playing two of my level 50's- my Dominator (an incarnate- though I enjoy him for his RP and look, rather than his IC stuff), and my Sentinel (Not an incarnate, and never will be, as his concept doesn't fit the theme).

Real life has me so stressed lately, that I can't focus well enough to interact with other players, so I've been mainly solo'ing and (mainly) base building.

I'm admittedly addicted to this game.  😛

• Like 2

Tried to play a few new toons after incarnating out a 50 for the first damn time. Unfortunately 123... wait for cooldowns... 12... wait... 3... more wait... 1... 23... 12whoopsoutofjuicecan'tpressbuttonsnow. How the hell did I play through this crap previously? No wonder everyone just skips right to 15-20 with DfB.

I think the lowest levels should be straight up remade from scratch. Barring that, put an "advanced start" option to p2w that gives out 5 powers, 10 slots and 10 SOs at level 1 for x million inf. I'll pay.

• Like 1

I will roll a char port into Atlas (from char creator) get my P2W stuff (insp.,enhancements, xp boost, and powers) start over by the tram beating on stuff till I hit lvl 4 travel over to Ms. Libery take my powers and fill my slots accordingly (always a fly power) wait for any PI radio teams that will take any lvl (this is usually pretty quick) team up till I get some ridiculous lvl (this varies on my synergy with the char). Lvl up powers/slot accordingly maybe rework my look and I'm ready to roll to lvl 50.  Again on how the char looks and feels I will then proceed to iTrails for incarnate tiers...ta da!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Bill3.jpg.f1ff7a242b7765691cf45caa5d829f5a.jpg

My DA page

—“too soon old, and too late smart.”  

22 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

Why is the word dictionary in the dictionary? If you had to look it up, would you know what to look it up in?

If someone had ripped the cover off the dictionary, then you'd need to look up what it was called.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Johnny said:

If someone had ripped the cover off the dictionary, then you'd need to look up what it was called.

We call those "books".

• Thanks 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

1 minute ago, Marshal_General said:

I have been trying to rip the cover off my ebook, but its not working.

Oh, you have to do that digitally now. Just step into the digitizer and it shouldn't take you long.

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

37 minutes ago, Fire Chief said:

Did you ever think you would walk into a bank with a mask on and say to the bank teller I would like to make a withdrawal. 

I asked my doctor how much longer this pandemic would last. He replied: How should I know? I'm not a politician.

• Haha 4

On 10/24/2020 at 7:53 AM, Luminara said:

A man did, and showed them on television, and they blurred it.  I don't remember who, or when I saw the program (it was several years ago, maybe on the Discovery channel), but it was in Las Vegas.

I would assume it was Marilyn Manson... and IMHO he (and honestly this is true of most 90s rock heroes) was much better before I knew what he looked like.

• Haha 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

39 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I would assume it was Marilyn Manson... and IMHO he (and honestly this is true of most 90s rock heroes) was much better before I knew what he looked like.

No, he was an ordinary businessman.  I think I remember that he did it to win a bet.  Or because he lost a bet.  Pretty sure it was the former, but it really has been a long time.

• Thanks 1

@GM Tahquitz:  According to some sources, the artificial banana flavour we all know and love is actually closer to the original flavour of the breed of bananas that nearly went extinct due to a fungal infection ravaging their farms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_disease

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gros_Michel_banana

Edited by CrudeVileTerror
Additional link.
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Luminara said:

No, he was an ordinary businessman.  I think I remember that he did it to win a bet.  Or because he lost a bet.  Pretty sure it was the former, but it really has been a long time.

He was also unstoppable in Celebrity Deathmatch.

• Haha 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow