Focused Feedback: The Graveyard Shift (Hero Story Arc, Level 20-29)

Jimmy

I tried this and:

• The Vahzilok plague is kind of punitive and not particularly fun
  • The fifth mission has way too much fire doing way too much damage to easily be able to do the two things you need to do in order to prevent the explosion
  • A boss spawning multiple copies of himself is kind of cool. Him doing it without warning in the middle of a fight, and ignoring your pets to focus fire you down isn't really very fun at all.

I enjoyed this until the 5th mission, despite the kill 20 Freakshow kill 15 Vahzilok etc. I feel like the end of the 5th and the entirety of the 6th is overtuned.

I also had more mobs spawn than "number of heroes I fight as" which I'm not sure is a bug or a feature.

• Like 1

• Retired Developer
On 12/23/2020 at 11:45 PM, Magdalucia said:

Just a little note, in the vip bar- if you want us to take out mander then name the guy that or tell us to take our salamander, my kiddo was so frustrated trying to find mander, also if you want us to rescue the staff say that, again a bit of frustration from a kiddo who stealths everything and was sure there was an issue when there was no glowies or typical investigation items. It's a little thing but on an already long mission with lots of zoning it's sometimes nice to have clearer objections

Good point. Added some additional dialog in the mission opening to connect the dots:

If you hurry, we can catch them, and maybe get some solid answers!

Agent Watkins hands you a list of names.

Also keep a look out for these people while you're there: Sally 'Mander' Martinez, Cortex, Dr. Morben, Harry 'Grey Matter' DeMauro, Godwin Blaire, and Tanisha 'Vivisec' Jameson. Any of them are high-priority targets if you can collar them."

• Like 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

• Retired Developer
23 minutes ago, BelleSorciere said:

I tried this and:

• The Vahzilok plague is kind of punitive and not particularly fun
  • The fifth mission has way too much fire doing way too much damage to easily be able to do the two things you need to do in order to prevent the explosion
  • A boss spawning multiple copies of himself is kind of cool. Him doing it without warning in the middle of a fight, and ignoring your pets to focus fire you down isn't really very fun at all.

I enjoyed this until the 5th mission, despite the kill 20 Freakshow kill 15 Vahzilok etc. I feel like the end of the 5th and the entirety of the 6th is overtuned.

I also had more mobs spawn than "number of heroes I fight as" which I'm not sure is a bug or a feature.

The plague has been reworked. It punishes less and the medical research lab is much better at counteracting it.

The fire is being adjusted again.

Cortex's ambush spawn was not properly behaving, but this didn't show up as often in beta testing. It's being adjusted.

• Thanks 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

• 1 year later

Just got around to trying this arc.  I am doing it solo with a lvl 25 Scrapper.  Currently stuck on Mission 6, Investigate Pathogen's Warehouse.  I got through the first door just fine, and stealthed my way to the second door, where I got the message "You need a key".  What key?  

22 minutes ago, Nykona said:

Just got around to trying this arc.  I am doing it solo with a lvl 25 Scrapper.  Currently stuck on Mission 6, Investigate Pathogen's Warehouse.  I got through the first door just fine, and stealthed my way to the second door, where I got the message "You need a key".  What key?  

iirc, there's an Eidolon standing on a pile of explosives, she's got a key

• Like 1

• 1 month later

Doing this chain at the proper levels with level 25 IO's at 25 I found the final mission hard. Maybe it was my build, but I died when I couldn't pull one lieutenant when the groups had two in them while doing this at +0 1. Cortex hit me with a Dominate (91 damage) then a Greater Psi Blade (320 damage). The virus decided at that point I was going to supposed to die since it hit me with a hold. Didn't help he spawned in a group.

Edit: After writing this post the instance reset and having to reclear it.

Edit 2: I was today year old when I learned I could cheese bosses using elevators to make them a little more bearable. Had to do that quite a bit on the Cortex fight. Beat it finally.

Edited by RyokoFennsune

• Booper unfeatured and locked this topic