Focused Feedback: Energy Melee Revamp

Jimmy

2 hours ago, Vanden said:

Yes, the guaranteed 1-2 punch for a boss stun cottage has been preserved by moving the 100% chance for single-target stun to Bone Smasher.

I disagree that cottage was persevered here.

Bone Smash could stun before, combined with other powers it could stun pretty reliably. Stun could then be used on a different target.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Huge fan of power crash on stalkers, when it's up, it hurts.

The focus mechanic is neat too, though I do think it shouldn't be exclusively generated from total focus - it would probably be a balancing nightmare to add that to the other powers in some form, though.

Bone Smash could stun before, combined with other powers it could stun pretty reliably. Stun could then be used on a different target.

Are you unironically defending stun, of all powers here?

Edited by ScarySai
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

2:50 pylon with EM/SR brute, down from 4:30 on live, using attack chain TF/ET(short)/BS/EP/ET(long)/repeat

Thanks for testing.

Yep this or a similar result was going to be had regardless of the method of reducing the animation times of the heavy hitters.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I love the new Power Crash!  Stacking with WHands!!  Whhoo!

And I like the utility coming off the new Energy Boost mechanism.

It opens a lot more choice.  BOOM damage.  AoE stun.  BS dis'/stun.

Very addictive stuff.

I didn't even mind that the artie knives were slowing my attack chain.  'When that Power Crash comes up, ladies...'

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I will say this as a plus for the overall feel: Mandy Marauder feels even more appropriately named when I'm just cutting through spawns using TF/ET/BS/WH/repeat as my chain.

Still hate that I'm forced into TF/ET to get the short, old ET punch.

You likely had it as a one two before the nerf though, I did anyway.  

All of the updates to EM in this patch places it ahead of old EM by a good stretch.  TF is pretty slick now, there isn't a reason to not use it, and it will usually keep you in fast ET mode.

EP was also buffed - that may be a change that gets glossed over in all this but the whole set gained in this.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Troo said:

I disagree that cottage was persevered here.

Cottage Burn is now a thing.

YAY!❤️

• Thanks 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

23 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

You likely had it as a one two before the nerf though, I did anyway.  

All of the updates to EM in this patch places it ahead of old EM by a good stretch.  TF is pretty slick now, there isn't a reason to not use it, and it will usually keep you in fast ET mode.

EP was also buffed - that may be a change that gets glossed over in all this but the whole set gained in this.

No, I didn't. My attack chain on all of my lvl 50+ EM users was TF/BS/ET/BS/repeat.

Haven't gotten on test.  So, looking at just what's given here...

Which, EM on Scrappers, I'm going to play regardless.  Let's be honest here.  😛  I've been wanting this since Power Proliferation on live after they ruined (to me anyways) my WP/EM Tank.

I wasn't keen on the turning EM into a combo system, but some thoughts...

Not sure Bone Smasher needs a -Regen/-Special.  I'm not against it.  However, high ST damage with Stuns was really, all I wanted.  I do like the more chance to actually get stuns going though.

Power Crash.  Why not have it remain Stun, but if used with Energy Focus (since this seems to be the idea you're going with) it then delivers Targeted PBAOE (around target) and more damage?  So, keeps the the ST Stun aspect it has now, but if used with Energy Focus it'll get AOE and Damage!

Total Focus getting sped up, is what I said needed to be done 🙂  Looks like it's may be around where I thought it should be.  I suggested 2.376 (arcana time), so a littler slower than my suggestion, but part of my suggestion was to also get some alternate animations going on.  Can't say I like the idea of powers not Crit Striking for normal Crit Damage, but it's better than none at all *eyes Concentrated Strike* and if we're stuck with Energy Focus, at least we get two.

Energy Transfer costing health instead of endurance.  Love it.  Not sure I care for the idea of making it momentum based.  Couldn't just go 1.848 (arcana time) or some other time, for it all the time and Energy Focus will instead only take 5% of life (this'll give non critters less life lost) and critting can give the user no life lost and +10% Health back as well?  Or just put it's damage at a level were it's okay to crit for normal?  Of course, that may not be good for the Tanks/Brutes.

Now to figure out how to make EM/Regen Scrapper work!

Edit: As for the -Regen/-Special.  If the idea is to have it, why not just put it in Barrage, since he does less damage than Energy Punch?

Edited by BrandX
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BrandX said:

*eyes Concentrated Strike*

On that note, seeing as Energy Transfer can crit for a special effect and still see that chance to crit affected by +crit bonuses, it would be nice if the same treatment would be applied to CS.

If I'm not making any sense: ET has a 20% chance to heal, the Critical Strikes ATO and the Scrapper Strike ATO will both buff that chance to turn it into a near guaranteed heal.

On the other hand, Concentrated Strike from Kinetic Melee has a flat chance to recharge Build Up on Scrappers, and isn't affected by the Scrapper ATOs. Given that CS is considered a skippable power, I think it could use the help.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nihilii said:

On the other hand, Concentrated Strike from Kinetic Melee has a flat chance to recharge Build Up on Scrappers, and isn't affected by the Scrapper ATOs. Given that CS is considered a skippable power, I think it could use the help.

I have a few ideas on how KM could be improved, but this isn't the thread for that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Can anyone tighten up this chain?

TF\ET-short\BS\EP\ET-long\repeat Needs 261% total recharge in ET and 209% total in TF.

I've been running TF\ET\BS\EP\Bar, I could imagine something like TF\ET\BS\EP\ET if you have a spare focus, Bar if you don't.

• Like 1

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit