Focused Feedback: Energy Melee Revamp

Jimmy

1 hour ago, Myrmidon said:

After testing these changes, I returned to live and informed my EM/Rad Brute (level 45) of three guarantees.

1) She will be waiting for this patch to continue her journey.

2) There will be more Energy Melee relatives arriving if the changes hold true.

3) She will be deleted if the changes are reverted, because I will never go back to the complete shit that the current live set is compared to this update.

My EM/Regen Brute won't be seeing a return, but, a reroll to a Scrapper ^_^

• Thanks 1

Just played the Energy Melee set again on the EM/Bio tank.

Boyyyyyy.  This is a heap of fun.  I was that engrossed I died.  (Bio.  Very high maintainence…)  

ERM.  This plays superb.  Go long go short on the ET?  The quick recharge and no end cost.  A great boon.

Tried the basic Tier 1-3 attack chains.  Much better.  I do like the TF choice you're given from the Energy focus.  Do you want to hit more AOE?  Do you want a short ET BOOMBA?  Or???  Do you want to SMASH THEM INTO STUN WITH BONE SMASHER?

Erm.  Let me...see...

That variety and choice makes things a lot more interesting.

The flow of the set is far more engrossing/engaging because of this 'lift' it's given the overall set.  T1-3 feel better now to finish mobs on their last bit of HPs.  You can really rough up a mob now with WHs and Energy Blast stun.  Instead of mobs taking years to die...(be arrested...) it's much more modern and contemporary.

The whole set is more exciting.  Less dull.  Less of a chore.  Less of the plodding boredom.  (I had one old school on live, one 'new' school on HC.  Both very dull plodders.)

AoE Stun.  

Stackable AoEs.

Boosted AoE stun with TF.

Short ET.

Long ET.

Bonesmasher Stun with TF.

You want BU with dat?

Just play tested on +2, 3, +4 x8.  With bosses.

Boy.  This set puts them into the meat grinder.

You can really focus on what you want to do with the set.

AoE utlity to thin the herd?  NP.

Want to rough up and put the boomba shakka on the Boss?

Taunt...TF....ET....BU....BS...TF...ET....Taunt....LONG ET....BOOMMMMMMMM!

*slow motion as the boss falls to the ground...with a thunderous thud.

The fight is over.

Azrael.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ThunderCAP said:

Energy Melee is now a combo set. It wasn't. There are no more combo-free sets in the game, peoples disliking them will uninstall, whatever you care about it or not. If a person dislikes weapons (redraw animation putting weapons out from nowhere, may defeat immersion), they now only got Electric Melee, that's all.

I already said I enjoy Titan Weapons (the old one, which a good majority of players didn't want to use even when it was the top overpowered set ever existed cause it was too complicated) therefore I was already sure I could enjoy the easy 2-attacks-combo of this new Energy Melee set... but I'm not always in the mood or in the proper archetype to like combos. Plus I know several peoples that avoid sets containing combos or cones much more then I do (and for good reasons I'd say).

There was no reason to completely transform Energy Melee into a combo-set. If you want another combo-set make a new one with it, but to destroy all the "easy-smash" sets in the game is bad thinking. There are times you just want to relax, or archetypes that need a relaxing approach cause they are more intense already (tanks and supports). I would even suggest that we need new relaxing sets in the game, instead they're getting deleted one by one, by patches or bugs or far too bad performance.

Plus the cone is another issue: you should know that putting a single cone power into a set full of single target powers with shorter range is naive and always was (for other sets too). To properly use the cone you should put yourself in a perfect position to get 2 guys instead of one and as far away as possible, to get the most of the angle.
The closer you are, the more narrow the cone area gets, therefore a combo like this "SingleTarget > Cone > SingleTarget" is disturbing as mechanic, cause the cone just creates a positional need that's not a requirement for the other 2 attacks, while the single target ones force the cone to a shorter range... diminishing its efficiency (summary: these kind of powers create problems to each other when used in combo).

And "Single > Single > Cone" doesn't make sense either cause the 3rd one will be used like it's a single target with no proper positioning.
This is one of the reasons I liked Titan Weapons, cause you can make a combo like "Cone > Cone > AoE" (cause there are several cones in that set) which is far better then the previous examples.
If the devs want to put cones, they should either create a set with more cones (3, or 2+1AoE) or not at all.

Personally, I would have avoided entirely to put more AoEs in Energy Melee, I always went totally fine with Whirling Hands alone (less powerful but with faster recharge compared to the AoE of other sets, you can spam it with the proper build), and if you want energetic hands (visually) and to concentrate on AoE there is Electric Melee already, with similar animations and elements too.
But... if you really want to add another aoe in EM, then just transform Total Focus into one and call it a day, like other players said even before me that power was begging to be transformed into Thunder Strike (or a different version of it, maybe with less radius but more damage or 100% stun etc.).

While I can agree with some of this, the overall premise is absurd. You don't need 2+ cones to have it be worthwhile for a set's AoE. You talk about complicating set's with combos and then go on complicating the use of cones for some bizarre reason. Here's how you use a cone:

You see multiple targets close together that you want to hit? Use the AoE. That's it. The entitlement chain multiple AoEs of a similar range is purely on you.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Replacement said:

No, it's still just a handful of people using hyperbole instead of actually playing the set and realizing it's pretty damn simple. 

You just declared that a damage buff is a mechanic, that parry is a mechanic, that all those other sets have mechanics to make the point that the list is shrinking. You do this while ignoring EM's stuns, the -hp on ET, and the fact that draining enemy health to zero is a "mechanic."

This is why your hot take is garbage. You are crying because they aren't doing it exactly your way.  You are stretching logic and obfuscating.

Oh, one final callout: Total Focus to bone smasher for stun.  You're claiming this is an example of not being an improvement, because it means giving up fast ET.  You didn't have fast ET as an option at all.  

So yeah, "in every possible way."

The use of the term 'hyperbole' above is ironic.

Rage is a mechanic. It is also a mechanic that in it's current form not everyone is in love with.

Self +Damage, +To-Hit, Delayed Self -Defense(All), -Damage, Special

Parry is also a game mechanic.

There are many, many mechanics in the game. That @Replacementdoesn't know, doesn't realize or refutes this is.. well.. folks can judge for themselves.

Buildup is a mechanic. It's not disliked because we can do what ever you want afterword. It is also very forgiving and straight forward. Example: it does not expire on use.

What some people might not like:

Combo mechanics that limit or force player choice. Example: force a particular attack chain or power selections.

Combo mechanics that require players to take powers they might otherwise skip. Example: my level locked 32 Energy Melee does not have Total Focus..

Wonky combo mechanics. Example: If we take the right powers, get this one special rare enhancement, put it in just the right place, then the combo's effect can be doubled if using the specific order of... yuck

The exact same changes in the current beta could have been made without adding the combo mechanic. It would have been more powerful.

Simpler changes could have been made and had the same or better results across levels, play styles and user interfaces.

There was/is an opportunity to improve Energy Melee rather than change it to Energy Assault.

Note: @Jimmy @Captain Powerhouse It is a tiny bit frustrating/annoying that not all changes were listed. I get that it is a big list, things are in flux, could be confusing and muddying the discussion. Maybe a supplemental post or spoiler section?

Edited by Troo
  • Confused 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• City Council
18 minutes ago, Troo said:

Note: @Jimmy @Captain Powerhouse It is a tiny bit frustrating/annoying that not all changes were listed. I get that it is a big list, things are in flux, could be confusing and muddying the discussion. Maybe a supplemental post or spoiler section?

Anything missing is just a mistake on our part, sorry, it's been difficult to keep track of everything. Trying to integrate any omissions into the notes as I see them.

Edit: Sometimes the actual changes shouldn't be there, in which case they won't be added to the notes and we'll fix it at some point.

• Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

@Troo You can and will keep deciding what mechanics count and which don't to match whatever the hell you're saying this time, but that doesn't make it at all meaningful to this conversation.

Let's just cut this down to some simple takes.

Troo: I want everything reverted to i0 Energy Melee.

Replacement: What we have is more fun and ends up better over time.  It also keeps us from having an Assassin's Strike equivalent on a 1-second animation time full-time, which scared the original developers enough to nerf the set for a decade.

Now, if you disagree with what I used to outline as your stance, please feel free to correct me.  But your politicking ("what is a mechanic?"  "Everyone agrees with me!") can stay home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just ran through some radio missions with level 50 EM/Energy Scrapper and it was great.

My test scrapper is fully slotted with IO sets, but no Incarnate abilities. I was soloing +4x8 council with mainly AOEs using TF>PC>WH>TF>PC>WH.  I used TF>ET on the few not taken down with the AOEs. 

I tried energy melee in CoH's early years and it was so underwhelming - slow, not enough AOE, not enough damage.  This revamp is a world of difference. Very fun and very powerful.  I've always been a fan of the EM animations and visual effects.  I can't wait for this to hit the live servers!

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Naraka said:

While I can agree with some of this, the overall premise is absurd. You don't need 2+ cones to have it be worthwhile for a set's AoE. You talk about complicating set's with combos and then go on complicating the use of cones for some bizarre reason. Here's how you use a cone:

You see multiple targets close together that you want to hit? Use the AoE. That's it. The entitlement chain multiple AoEs of a similar range is purely on you.

Interesting.

I think I agree that you are correct that melee and AoEs play pretty nice together as you've described. Cones though do not. There is a workaround to jump straight up before activating a cone which can effectively turn it into a AoE. Not a big deal for elite or experienced melee players but could be an issue for new or casual players.

I think there is a 'behind the scenes' reason for it being a cone instead of PBAoE beyond just making all sets the same.

There can be synergies with multiple cones in a power set, that is not absurd. Lone cone attacks can be a bit wonky to get the right position and distance to maximize number of targets. Not a huge deal.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

11 hours ago, ThunderCAP said:

Energy Melee is now a combo set. It wasn't. There are no more combo-free sets in the game, peoples disliking them will uninstall, whatever you care about it or not. If a person dislikes weapons (redraw animation putting weapons out from nowhere, may defeat immersion), they now only got Electric Melee, that's all.

Sets with no combo (or any kind of mechanical) gimmicks:

• Weapons:
    • Battle Axe
    • Broad Sword
    • Claws
    • Katana
    • War Mace

• No Weapons:
    • Dark Melee
    • Electrical Melee
    • Fiery Melee
    • Ice Melee
    • Kinetic Melee (? its just a weird build up...)
    • Martial Arts
    • Spines
    • Stone Melee
    • Super Strength

Sets with some combo gimmick

• Dual Blades
  • Energy Melee
  • Savage Melee
  • Staff Fighting
  • Street Justice

Sets with misc, no combo based, gimmicks:

• Psionic Melee
  • Radiation Melee
  • Titan Weapons

11 hours ago, Troo said:

FYI - Super Strength has a mechanic in Rage, +DEF is a mechanic, etc. Your list of mechanic free sets is shorter than you've shown.

If you go that far to define "special mechanics", then Energy Transfer always had a mechanic in using your HP as a source of breaking the damage rules. 

Edited by Super Homer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@TrooThe only thing I agree with you on is how focus can only be generated by TF, I don't like that limitation very much.

I would be for something like what energy assault has, with a chance to generate focus when you start beating on stunned targets. Hell, it would make using focus on bone smasher a bit more enticing, as well. Alternatively, generating focus on build up could be cool.

Though, if such changes were made, I bet it would come at a cost to throughput, which I wouldn't exactly be for.

Edited by ScarySai

I do wish Build Up granted Energy Focus too, so you weren't forced to wait until later levels to take advantage of it.

• Like 4

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Some day later thoughts-

Extensive +4/x8 testing on multiple AT's, the sets overall performance is crazy. Easily 3x as fast as old EM in mob clearing, the AOE gap has been filled without going too far.

I think my favorite pairing right now is probably EM/Ninja scrapper.

I think live is dead to me.

Stalkers took some getting use to, but once i got into the swing of it I think you can pull off some pretty good stuff.

Tanker is my least tested but only because it's so brain dead easy to play that it's pretty hard to mess up, that said the handful of missions i ran i did so with at least 100% more enjoyment than previous EM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Troo said:

The use of the term 'hyperbole' above is ironic.

Rage is a mechanic. It is also a mechanic that in it's current form not everyone is in love with.

Self +Damage, +To-Hit, Delayed Self -Defense(All), -Damage, Special

Parry is also a game mechanic.

There are many, many mechanics in the game. That @Replacementdoesn't know, doesn't realize or refutes this is.. well.. folks can judge for themselves.

Buildup is a mechanic. It's not disliked because we can do what ever you want afterword. It is also very forgiving and straight forward. Example: it does not expire on use.

What some people might not like:

Combo mechanics that limit or force player choice. Example: force a particular attack chain or power selections.

Combo mechanics that require players to take powers they might otherwise skip. Example: my level locked 32 Energy Melee does not have Total Focus..

Wonky combo mechanics. Example: If we take the right powers, get this one special rare enhancement, put it in just the right place, then the combo's effect can be doubled if using the specific order of... yuck

The exact same changes in the current beta could have been made without adding the combo mechanic. It would have been more powerful.

Simpler changes could have been made and had the same or better results across levels, play styles and user interfaces.

There was/is an opportunity to improve Energy Melee rather than change it to Energy Assault.

At the end of the day, the point you keep glossing over:

Remove focus entirely, EM is much improved, and probably would rival Pre nerf EM in terms of number by what you are getting.  Thats a plus.

Add focus, yeah its a mechanic but its as simple as activating a now really good faster power in TF.  Wow so hard, damn those mechanics.

Even if You miss on TF you get focus... Again man so oppressive.  I dont know how we can manage.

Once focus is attained the magnitude of increase in performance is high and you get to choose how you spend it - whether a 1 second 1 shot machine, a regen debuff, or an increased AOE.  Situationally that's awesome.

Finally its awesome on all ATs - does it favor some over the others? Yeah, but this is normal. 1. Stalker is a ST AT - EM is a ST centric set so naturally it favors it the most with ATO combinations and such.  2. Scrapper favors AOE when gaining stacks of focus - because well scrapper lock - its real. Its a love suffering relationship.  3. Tankers get increased AOE function.  4. Brutes control their own destiny by using their fury and dmg potential to direct it any way they want.

Not every AT will play the same and it shouldn't.

But the one thing if you rip all the mechanic stuff away is EM is significantly improved across all 4 melee ATs regardless.  Focus brings them further to life virtually any way your imagination can fathom.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I get the notion that this makes the set more gimmicky, but press button -> receive bonus is about as minimally gimmicky as you can get.

Signed, an occasional FFXIV DNC 😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

20 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

Though, if such changes were made, I bet it would come at a cost to throughput, which I wouldn't exactly be for.

This is likely why they didn't. Increasing EF could tip it into over preforming, though on scrappers if you crit with TF you get double EF and it is pretty great.

3 minutes ago, Replacement said:

@Troo You can and will keep deciding what mechanics count and which don't to match whatever the hell you're saying this time, but that doesn't make it at all meaningful to this conversation.

Let's just cut this down to some simple takes.

Troo: I want everything reverted to i0 Energy Melee.

Replacement: What we have is more fun and ends up better over time.  It also keeps us from having an Assassin's Strike equivalent on a 1-second animation time full-time, which scared the original developers enough to nerf the set for a decade.

Now, if you disagree with what I used to outline as your stance, please feel free to correct me.  But your politicking ("what is a mechanic?"  "Everyone agrees with me!") can stay home.

I appreciate your putting the positions out there with the opportunity to clarify. Your assessment of my position is off.

I am NOT locked into pre-nerf Energy Melee. (but I absolutely would take it over what's live now and as soon as possible)

It did seem that reverting that nerf would be simpler, less work and something that could be immediately implemented. THEN down the road after more pressing needs have been addressed, maybe we could look at some minor adjustments. In the meantime it would at least be playable in the current meta.

That's not the path that was taken. I am now looking at the current beta (which isn't page 6 but Issue 27).

• Looking at the good, the bad, and the ugly that this proposed Energy Melee represents (which will go through changes and adjustments).
  • I am also weighing the possibility of this going Dark Melee and getting shelved. Taking a set and overreaching has not gone so well in the recent past.

I gave Energy Assault a try on three characters, I did not like it, it was definitely not Energy Melee. It is something else.

Somethings that stood out:

• In Energy Melee, Total Focus is a T9 finisher, not the central power things key off of.
  • I don't use a mouse to select attacks and found myself wasting the combo too much (once or twice is too much).
  • It required my checking the power tray constantly.

I would be ecstatic with all the changes minus the new combo mechanic if it included a full time fast Energy Transfer. Who wouldn't? Oh, the folks that want a combo mechanic...

So that's what it appears to be boiling down to for me. Let's revert some changes that are no longer relevant (speed up some animations, fix AoE) -vs- Combo Mechanic.

I'm trying to wrap up some test and will have specifics later.

51 minutes ago, Troo said:

Interesting.

I think I agree that you are correct that melee and AoEs play pretty nice together as you've described. Cones though do not. There is a workaround to jump straight up before activating a cone which can effectively turn it into a AoE. Not a big deal for elite or experienced melee players but could be an issue for new or casual players.

Overcomplicating it.

Even with narrower cones like Jacob's Ladder, it's not necessary to fill the cone and if so desired, you can just outright skip the power (not sure to the cone size but more due to its activation time).

The only time I'd advocate hopping to "make it easier" is for something like Shockwave to mitigate some of the KD but you start seeing a pattern when you look at more of the cones...

58 minutes ago, Troo said:

I think there is a 'behind the scenes' reason for it being a cone instead of PBAoE beyond just making all sets the same.

The reason is probably to regulate AoE. Because if we just started swapping cones for PBAoEs, there would be a while other problem even if it solves "cones are hard". 

1 hour ago, Troo said:

There can be synergies with multiple cones in a power set, that is not absurd. Lone cone attacks can be a bit wonky to get the right position and distance to maximize number of targets. Not a huge deal.

I didn't say multiple cones is absurd, I was making the point that it's not a standard. If anything, stacking cones is a minority feature you see for things like weapon melee set's and some blast sets like dark and AR.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

@TrooThe only thing I agree with you on is how focus can only be generated by TF, I don't like that limitation very much.

I would be for something like what energy assault has, with a chance to generate focus when you start beating on stunned targets. Hell, it would make using focus on bone smasher a bit more enticing, as well. Alternatively, generating focus on build up could be cool.

Well you agree the faster Energy Transfer is nice, don't you?

You agree a quicker Total Focus is a benefit?

You agree that Stun was a largely skipped power? (I used it but understand if others didn't, slow and utility power)

Adjustments to Energy Power and Bone Smash are a nice surprise..

etc..

We probably agree about more than we disagree on.

12 minutes ago, Troo said:

So that's what it appears to be boiling down to for me. Let's revert some changes that are no longer relevant (speed up some animations, fix AoE) -vs- Combo Mechanic.

You are actually getting both.

Longtime EM player here, I'm for these changes, I don't sacrifice much to push one button to unlock a world of hurt.

Sorry, but anyway you slice this change its fun and much improved even over pre nerf.

All thats left is your opinion, thats not grounded in facts or data.

• Like 2

Feedback On the First Ten Levels of Energy Melee

As I said I would, I rolled out a new character, a scrapper, this time starting from lvl 1, and beginning through the 'early game' experience instead of jumping straight to the endgame. Really want to get a feel for how the "new energy melee" feels.

The Starting Steps

I took a couple of steps that somebody rolling out a new character on live would likely not be able to take. This test is not completely devoid of freebies because I wanted to try out the SOs change and the priority is checking out how EM feels overall.

• Rolled out "Safehouse," made a costume with shoulder kitty.
  • Freebied lots of inf.
  • Ran to P2W and bought out pretty much everything.
  • Playing +0/x1 to start but anticipate fussing with this setting to test the feel as we go forward. Set to have solo bosses.
  • Ran the "Save Atlas Park" story (Habashy->Sondra->Aaron)
  • Ran the first "Shining Stars" arc
  • Started the Kings Row Skulls storyline
  • By level 10 I had: energy punch (1); resist physical damage (1); barrage (2); temp invuln (4); bone smasher (6); build up (8); resist elements (10)

So How'd It Go?

Since it's only the first ten levels and we're just "getting stahted" here, there isn't a whole lot to note, but I have a few high-level thoughts.

• At the beginning, energy punch feels a little slow with its slower recharge time. This is personal preference, but I like my T1 skills to be overall faster hitting, and I would swear that on live right now energy punch is a noticeably faster recharge time than barrage. For the first few levels, it caused a bit of a slow down in combat. This is quickly remedied, and probably isn't even anything worth noting as the first few levels end up in the rearview so fast.
  • Then level 6 came around, and I got bone smasher, and hoo boy things got spicy. The new animation time for BS is great. I love it. EP->barrage->BS (and vice versa, opening with BS) felt nice.
  • The new upgrade capability, and SOs being available right out the gate, are game changers for early leveling, and its noticeable with Energy Melee. Being able to kit out SOs right away made my quibble about the EP recharge time a non-issue. Enhancement management was made so much easier with this change, and it was a fix I didn't even know I wanted. It's not cheap, though (at level 10 I spent almost 300K inf just to get my slotted SOs upgraded). Folks without a lot of spare inf to go around are going to end up poor very quickly. It is not the kind of thing players will be able to afford doing every level (if they're like me; I'm very bad at accumulating inf). This is not the thread for that discussion so I'm going to leave it at that.
  • On scrapper, Energy Melee feels amazing. It hits hard, but currently does not feel overtuned (SO FAR) compared to other sets I have played on scrapper. The crits are beautiful. The powerset just feels "right" and fits my scrapper concept like a glove.
  • Took on bosses without issue.

The Bottom Line

In short: It feels good, man.

That's probably all you need but I love to hear myself talk (erm... type?)  so...

In the first ten levels, I'm still sold on new EM. It feels smooth. I couldn't believe how fast I got through these first ten levels. I got a bit of tunnel vision because of how much fun I was having that I almost got myself killed. Overall, not a whole lot of the changes have come into play yet (eg energy focus mechanics) so I don't yet know how things will change when that time comes. However, the early level changes such as new bone smasher feel great. Wouldn't call it a verdict yet, but so far I haven't wanted to touch my live characters because I've been so engrossed on the beta EM.

Next Steps

I'll shift gears to the Hollows and do the "Frostfire" storyline. I may also even try to run caverns of transcendence solo. I'll also finish off the kings row storyline and start running around in Steel Canyon. There's a midnighter storyline to level through.

Hope this wasn't too rambly and actually provided some feedback of worth!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

15 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Remove focus entirely, EM is much improved, and probably would rival Pre nerf EM in terms of number by what you are getting.  Thats a plus.

Add focus, yeah its a mechanic but its as simple as activating a now really good faster power in TF.  Wow so hard, damn those mechanics.

Yeah, imagine having to remember TF = Energy Focus, very hard.

Intentionally ignored EF and the set is still better in every way. I can't think of many times in which if i was using TF (On a boss) I wouldn't instantly use ET as a follow which was now instant. The only key different is i know i can buff power crash by using TF real quick to spike down some minions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Super Atom said:

Yeah, imagine having to remember TF = Energy Focus, very hard.

Intentionally ignored EF and the set is still better in every way. I can't think of many times in which if i was using TF (On a boss) I wouldn't instantly use ET as a follow which was now instant. The only key different is i know i can buff power crash by using TF real quick to spike down some minions.

Before this I used ET TF now I use TF ET.

I guess that makes me versatile in the face of extreme odds.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

You are actually getting both.

Spoiler

Longtime EM player here, I'm for these changes, I don't sacrifice much to push one button to unlock a world of hurt.

Sorry, but anyway you slice this change its fun and much improved even over pre nerf.

All thats left is your opinion, thats not grounded in facts or data.

Yeah that will be the sticking point. Because from my vantage it is not true.

Part Time does not equal Full Time

Being required to take a power to get it does not equal pre-nerf function.

At some lower levels it is not going to be available where it was before.

The benefits people are seeing are a result of the reduced animation times. Those could be had without the combo mechanic.

I am glad folks are getting to see why we loved the old Energy Transfer and how big of a difference that change was. Animation times can make a big difference in the feel of the set.

Edited by Troo