Focused Feedback: Blaster Secondary Revamp

Jimmy

3 hours ago, Blackbird71 said:

The problem with slotting for range is that it removes the option to slot a full set for bonuses.  Depending on the sets used, this can have a significant impact on a /TA blaster's overall defense numbers and strategy.  So either way, the reduced range impacts /TA survivability.

Yes, and I've said as much. As of this build if you remain at mostly level 29+ you would lose the 6 piece set bonus off of two powers.

In my case that was -2.5% ranged defense, -1.25 energy/negative defense (thunderstike) and 1.88% off my AoE defense (entomb); all my positional defenses are higher than my fire/cold defenses so there's no loss there... and I dropped the chance for +absorb from the Entomb set.

But then I also swapped out other sets so I gained in some and lost in others... Going from Annihilation (one 6 slot and one 5 slot w. KB>KD) to Artillery (two full sets) and another LotG (in stealth which I took in place of Oil Slick Arrow) netted me -2.7% max endurance (I have so much its irrelevant), -4.5% energy/negative resistance, -4% regeneration (-20+16), -6% endurance discount, -3.75% AoE defense, +8.22% ranged defense, +6.88% energy/negative defense, +4% damage, +18% accuracy and +7.5% recharge.

The ranged and energy defense improvements from the set swapping more than cancel out the losses from the sixth slot of thunderstrike and I'm down a bit of AoE defense, but it's still pretty high overall and my high energy/negative (which you see a lot of high levels) defenses handle a LOT of that too (sappers and carnies are cake).

It's NOT my preferred trade by any means... I had to do a lot of number crunching and experiments on Test to get the numbers I got and other people are going to have to do their own calculations because I've got a very particular single-target DPS focused build; others will have different priorities.

However, we need to look at hard numbers when trying to present options and alternatives.

For example, I can now say with certainty that this change will have negligible impact on my play style beyond making exemping to very low levels less appealing and costing me a bunch of influence (a one-time expense). It will make me slightly squishier in some ways and a little tougher in others. It will have almost no impact on the damage and lockdown distance or duration of ENA and barely any on Ice Arrow.

I can then easily point out that "discourage exemping" and "one-time influence cost" aren't really good nerfs to the set relative to leaving the range alone and chopping the immobilize duration in half which would then force an actual playstyle choice between full t1 damage (slotting for damage) or immobilizing as long as live currently does with no slotting at all (slotting for immobilize) because you can no longer get both at full strength.

• Like 3

I love that backhanded "buff" to the ranged immobilize/hold in TA followed by Psi specifically getting called out as keeping the 80 range due to it's primarily ranged nature. I fail to see how TA is any different in that regard.

• Like 5

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

2 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

I love that backhanded "buff" to the ranged immobilize/hold in TA followed by Psi specifically getting called out as keeping the 80 range due to it's primarily ranged nature. I fail to see how TA is any different in that regard.

Did we read the same thing, or did you run things by google translate?

They didn't say it was psi's primary ranged nature, they said it was psi secondary effect. Go look at Defender's Psi Blast. Attacks are 100ft instead of 80ft.

• Like 3

It's very easy after all the feedback to see that emphasis on psi as backhanded after all the feedback on tac. It feels like it's specifically there to taunt tac arrow players even if that's not what it was meant to do so. Half the immbo and give back the range.

• Like 3

plantmanipulation_wildfortress.png.87a6920a7c1b02c702b54561e563dfa5.png Wild Fortress

Request: Add a "minimal FX" option to compensate for the change that makes the FX show permanently.

Reason: I'm used to being able to hide it, and its ugly.

martialmanipulation_reactiontime.png.74d184cc5b2a043635f71035b5bdb365.png  Reaction Time

Request: Add a "minimal FX" option.

Reason: This power is supposed to be "natural" (as hinted by it's name), however makes large glowing rings emanate from the player.

timemanipulation_temporalhealing.png.42a449ccbff479a4ad0f5af13df68ce3.png Temporal Healing

Request: Add a "minimal FX" option.

Reason: If the two mentioned above get this option, this power is also explainable thematically as not making a visible effect.

EnergyManipulation_BoostRange.png.e77bf8615565d81a7b9372789990ad7a.png Boost Range

Request: +Perception.

Reason:  Wouldn't change pve much, would add another choice to the other two options (/TA and /Devices) that can skip the usually mandatory Tactics in pvp.

Edited by Alouu
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Super Homer said:

Did we read the same thing, or did you run things by google translate?

They didn't say it was psi's primary ranged nature, they said it was psi secondary effect. Go look at Defender's Psi Blast. Attacks are 100ft instead of 80ft.

This sort of confusion happens when you make distinctions that don't really matter or even exist in reality.

You're really just proving the point by demonstrating a consistency in range focused sets having this feature, showing that by being consistent on one rule, they're actually breaking another one. The way they're range focused is different, but none the less, they are, and now one reflects this properly, while the other doesn't.

This is precisely why over homogenization is a bad, bad idea. It's a downward spiral because eventually you find that in your quest for balance you've effectively made pong.

Edited by XaoGarrent
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Having a blast with the energy manipulation changes so far.  One thing I'm not a fan of:

Stun + Power Boost = 90 second recharge.  =(

This feels a biiiiitt punitive to me.  Like I get you don't want us using it every fight but 90 seconds is an eternity and a major jump, considering recharge for the other combos.

14 hours ago, Rejolt said:

Got all kinds of happy to see Ninjitsu movement for blasters... but the lack of stacking with CJ, Ninja run, etc muted that somewhat. 

Transferred over my psi/nin scrap and I still have stacking of ninja run and Shinobi-lri for maxed run/jump. If it’s suppressed eventually... blargh. It won’t be /delete toon but it’ll get mothballed

edit: I take that back - apparently a glitch of running/toggled on in copy from live. It is suppressed 

Running speed is 92.5 mph, jumping 78 on live.

73.7 & 78.14 on beta with nin run off

67.88 & 72.45 with nin run on 

(Shinobi was still running)

blargh,I say! Blargh! 

EDIT: Jump height - live 80 feet, Beta with just shinobi - 54, With shin and NRun on 46...

Wait, what? No, the devs wouldn't do that.

Let me check on my 50 /Ninj scrapper

Jumping on  LIVE

Shinobi Only
Speed: 55.76
Height: 31.38

Shinobi + CJ
Speed: 55.91
Height: 39.38

Shinobi + Ninja Run
Speed: 75.37
Height: 59.18

Jumping on TEST

Shinobi
Speed: 54.68
Height: 31.08

Shinobi + CJ
Speed: 43.07
Height: 22.40

Shinobi + Ninja Run
Speed: 62.53
Height: 42.20

Shinobi no longer stacks with Ninja Run, and Combat Jumping actually suppresses it.

I am sure that this is a bug that was a side effect of them playing the /Ninj blaster powers. I can't believe the devs would do that deliberately.

Edited by Moonlighter
  • Like 3

Was playing with Tactical Arrow on test.

Electrified Net Arrow is still bad at 60'. The change didn't really fix anything for kiting blasters picking things off at range.

I am just going to reroll to a set where I have close range melee options with soft control and where it is much easier to cap S/L defense with melee attacks.

Edited by Moonlighter
  • Like 4

I ran through the Blaster sustain powers again to check their new behavior.  Unexpected results are once again in orange (I've re-classed some of those I found surprising in the previous test even though they haven't changed - such as the tick rate for the Absorb on Frigid Protection).  Things that have otherwise changed are in green.

On the Stealth suppression of offensive attributes of the sustains I didn't exhaustively test each one, I tested one after another and checked different things with each.  I did go back and test everything on Frigid Protection, but that's the only power that got all of the tests.  I used a variety of toons this time, both in and out of AE.

• Atomic Manipulation / Metabolic Acceleration:  Nothing suppresses, not even the Recharge bonus.
  • Devices / Field Operative:  The Regen and Recovery don't suppress, the Def does suppress.
  • Darkness Manipulation / Touch of the Beyond: The buff remains, but the power isn't usable while mezzed.  The +Regen no longer scales off of foe level.  The power says it has Fear Resistance and the Detailed Info lists a very short Terrorize Protection (which would match the Patch Notes).  There is no Res(Fear), so that part of the short description is wrong. The brief Terrorize Protection often fails to apply, and the Mag scales with the target level.  The Duration may also be scaling with the target level, but the short duration makes that hard to be certain of.
  • Energy Manipulation / Energize: Just what you'd expect. The buffs remain, but the power can't be clicked while mezzed.
  • Electricity Manipulation / Dynamo:  Works as expected.  The damage suppresses while the Regen and Recovery do not.  I tested Super Speed, Stealth, Unbounded Leap Stealth IO and Grant Invisibility Empowerment buff as sources of stealth.  35' of stealth doesn't seem to be enough to suppress the debuffs.  55' (Stealth IO + Grant Invisibility) does however.
  • Fire Manipulation / Cauterizing Aura:  The Recovery doesn't suppress, the HoT keeps ticking and breaks Sleep.  The damage suppresses when mezzed and while stealthedAny foe that could possibly see you seems to break the stealth suppression.  The foe-facing effects appear to come back on even before you are actually seen.  That is, before the foes turn to face you.  Even a -21 Minion will break the suppress (and immediately thereafter your stealth) if you come within perception range.
  • Ice Manipulation / Frigid Protection:  The Recovery and Absorb both continue to work while mezzed.  The slow does suppress.  The Absorb appears to be ticking every 0.5 seconds instead of every 2 with the effect at 1/4th strength.  The Slow suppresses when Stealthed in the same way as the previous two powers.
  • Martial Combat / Reaction Time:  The debuff suppresses while the Absorb does not.  The debuff also suppresses when stealthed.  The Absorb appears to be ticking every 0.5 seconds instead of every 2 with the effect at 1/4th strength.  The description of the power still says it ticks every 2 seconds.  Also, on further testing prompted by Keleko, the +Recovery buff is not working at all (I guess I wasn't looking at the total +Rec when I tested this, just to see if the Reaction Time buff stayed on).
  • Mental Manipulation / Drain Psyche:  Works as it always has.
  • Ninja Training / Kuji-In Toh:  Click buff that works as expected.
  • Plant Manipulation / Wild Fortress:  Working as expected.  The Absorb, Recovery, Confuse Prot and Toxic Res all remain when mezzed.
  • Sonic Manipulation / Sound Barrier:  Working as expected.  The Absorb, Recovery, Sleep Prot and Smash/En Res all remain when mezzed.
  • Tactical Arrow / Eagle Eye: The sustains (Reg and Rec) do not suppress.  The Acc and Per bonus and ToHit Debuff Resistance do suppress.
  • Temporal Manipulation / Temporal Healing:  The Absorb and buffs do not suppress when mezzed.  However, there still seems to be an issue with the latter.  The +Recovery, Rech, Slow and Reg Debuff Res often disappear when zoning and may or may not come back on.  Toggling off-and-on doesn't guarantee they'll come back either.

Edited by csr
Updated to reflect further testing.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, csr said:

The foe-facing effects appear to come back on even before you are actually seen.

How can you tell that the power is even suppressing at all in the first place then?  Is it because you have to be closer than the power's max range, close enough to be seen, before enemies will be affected, while they would have been affected from further away without stealth?

Also did you by any chance test with Stealth + Stealth IO?  I'm wondering if the suppression is just going off of the stealth power's effects and ignoring the total stealth value.  If so then I'd expect the powers to notify mobs even if the character has effective invisibility from Stealth + Stealth IO.  If that's how it works then this change will offer little real benefit to those using the combo.  It will mean that Invisibility will be the only actually useful power to stealth by enemies with one of the damaging/debuffing sustains active.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, carroto said:

I believe that puts it in line with other Blaster secondary AoE mezz options.  I wouldn't expect that to get reduced.

That's exactly right. All guaranteed AoE stuns have a 90s recharge for Blasters.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

9 hours ago, carroto said:

How can you tell that the power is even suppressing at all in the first place then?  Is it because you have to be closer than the power's max range, close enough to be seen, before enemies will be affected, while they would have been affected from further away without stealth?

Also did you by any chance test with Stealth + Stealth IO?  I'm wondering if the suppression is just going off of the stealth power's effects and ignoring the total stealth value.  If so then I'd expect the powers to notify mobs even if the character has effective invisibility from Stealth + Stealth IO.  If that's how it works then this change will offer little real benefit to those using the combo.  It will mean that Invisibility will be the only actually useful power to stealth by enemies with one of the damaging/debuffing sustains active.

I tested by using a combination of Stealth, Super Speed, a Stealth IO and the Grant Invisibility Empowerment buff.  When completely stealthed relative to a foe's perception (55' or more in these tests) they did not react and there was no effect on them.  Hence it was suppressing.  Even when the stealth was partially from the IO or Grant Invisibility.  However, if I dropped to a level of stealth they could see through (for example, by turning off Sprint with the IO), then the offensive elements of the sustain effected them even before they turned towards me as if they'd seen me.  Even if I approached a foe from behind with 35' of stealth they would be effected by the debuffs before they showed a reaction to my presence.

I just tested a Stealth IO + Grant Invisibility and that works to suppress the debuffs from Frigid Protection.  So my initial tests with the Stealth IO and Grant Invisibility not suppressing the effects are actually just this latter issue with 30-35' stealth not being enough.  55' is enough.

I updated the original post to correctly reflect that.

Edited by csr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Moonlighter said:

Wait, what? No, the devs wouldn't do that.

Let me check on my 50 /Ninj scrapper

Jumping on  LIVE

Shinobi Only
Speed: 55.76
Height: 31.38

Shinobi + CJ
Speed: 55.91
Height: 39.38

Shinobi + Ninja Run
Speed: 75.37
Height: 59.18

Jumping on TEST

Shinobi
Speed: 54.68
Height: 31.08

Shinobi + CJ
Speed: 43.07
Height: 22.40

Shinobi + Ninja Run
Speed: 62.53
Height: 42.20

Shinobi no longer stacks with Ninja Run, and Combat Jumping actually suppresses it.

I am sure that this is a bug that was a side effect of them playing the /Ninj blaster powers. I can't believe the devs would do that deliberately.

I know what they were trying to do, but I think it backfired.  No power when activated should ever make your abilities worse; rather than flat-out suppressing the strongest effect should take precedence.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Build 2 - October 31st, 2020

Blaster Secondary Revamp

After the game shut down, several new Blaster secondary sets were developed (eg: Tactical Arrow, Atomic Manipulation, Plant Manipulation), but these sets were generally quite overtuned in the crowd control department, whilst also lacking in incentives to get into melee range - both of these factors contributed towards the sets being a tad too safe.

Additionally, most of the legacy sets received some changes in the i24 beta just before the game shut down that were never really followed up on. This ended up with several sets (eg: Ice Manipulation, Electrical Manipulation, Energy Manipulation) being slight underperformers, especially compared to the new sets.

This round of changes aims to level the playing field for Blaster secondary sets, both towards each other and towards dedicated crowd control ATs. In general, you'll see many of the underperforming sets receive several buffs (both in terms of damage and survivability), alongside some reductions in the crowd control capabilities of most sets.

Tactical Arrow

• tacticalarrow_immobilize.png.4f665f950503df01b11ab2f44f95f903.png Electrified Net Arrow
    • Range reduced from 80ft to 60ft to be in line with other Blaster Manipulation T1 Immobilize powers
      • Range adjusted from 50ft to 60ft
    • Endurance cost increased from 5.2 to 7.8 to be in line with other Blaster Manipulation T1 Immobilize powers
  • tacticalarrow_hold.png.9cb8fa1bceecad29ac70a6abc1979808.png Ice Arrow
    • Range reduced from 80ft to 60ft to be in line with other Blaster Manipulation ST mez powers
    • Recharge increased from 12s to 16s
    • Hold changed from Mag 3, Scale 12 to:
      • Mag 2, Scale 10 (non stacking)
      • Mag 1, Scale 6 (stacking)
  • tacticalarrow_buildup.png.31d416543680c3bb1770f390f948e166.png Upshot
    • +Recharge buff reduced to from 30% to 15%
    • +Damage buff reduced from 100% to 81.25%
    • +ToHit reduced from 20% to 15%
  • tacticalarrow_blind.png.779dad67187e8f24f369b22df0df6466.png Flash Arrow
    • This power's effects are no longer irresistible
  • tacticalarrow_quickness.png.44daf1fa7ac354a4f37fe6e7a9adc6cd.png Gymnastics (Replaces Agility)
    • Gymnastics and Agility have been merged into a new toggle power
    • Provides knockback protection, a 1.75% defence buff, a recharge bonus, a movement speed buff and some slow / mez protection
    • If you previously had Agility, you now have Gymnastics
    • Now grants a +jump bonus
      • See note on Movement Buffs in "Other Powers Changes" for more info
  • tacticalarrow_stun.png.3277fdf4b61b22956c6dacc9e049eae2.png ESD Arrow
    • Hold now only applies to robots
    • Hold changed from Mag 3, Scale 8 to:
      • Mag 2, Scale 8 (non stacking)
      • Mag 1, Scale 5 (stacking)
    • Added Stun against all foes (does not override the robot hold):
    • Now accepts Stun enhancements and sets
  • tacticalarrow_oilslick.png.986f6d3bc9d5329c33777f84c8724500.png Oil Slick Arrow (Replaced Gymnastics)
    • Similar to the Trick Arrow version, but does not have a defence debuff and only has a 15ft radius
    • If you previously had Gymnastics, you now have Oil Slick Arrow
  • Power Order Changes
  Reveal hidden contents
  1. tacticalarrow_immobilize.png.4f665f950503df01b11ab2f44f95f903.png Electrified Net Arrow
  2. tacticalarrow_slow.png.ac22cbec3b78488a8582c32e229fd841.png Glue Arrow
  3. tacticalarrow_hold.png.9cb8fa1bceecad29ac70a6abc1979808.png Ice Arrow
  4. tacticalarrow_buildup.png.31d416543680c3bb1770f390f948e166.png Upshot
  5. tacticalarrow_blind.png.779dad67187e8f24f369b22df0df6466.png Flash Arrow
  6. tacticalarrow_eagleeye.png.3b4c34972c6d147854009d531e223967.png Eagle Eye
  7. tacticalarrow_quickness.png.44daf1fa7ac354a4f37fe6e7a9adc6cd.png Gymnastics (Replaces Agility, merged with T9)
  8. tacticalarrow_stun.png.3277fdf4b61b22956c6dacc9e049eae2.png ESD Arrow
  9. image.png.3aa94a96fb61bb89909d634cdb65ce54.png Oil Slick Arrow (Replaces Gymnastics)

Devices

• gadgets_webgrenade.png.b041c81188b25ebef0f4dcfbb7aada70.png Toxic Web Grenade
    • Range increased from 50ft to 60ft to be in line with other Blaster Manipulation T1 Immobilize powers
  • Gadgets_Taser.png.0a78b1e495a6157c3a325d8b8dc46dc8.png Taser
    • Fixed this power doing PvE damage in PvP
  • gadgets_cloak.png.830ac6418d2c0a93823c31f9ad3aabfd.png Field Operative
    • This power now has a No Fade customization them
      • Selecting this theme will stop the power from fading the player body
  • Gadgets_Turret.png.5eb11b2e78b8fb4e29904027fed53745.png Gun Drone
    • Now has 80% resistance to all damage
    • Taunt aura reduced to 8ft, mag 3, max of 4 targets
    • Death explosion now has a knockup component

Martial Combat

• martialmanipulation_kipush.png.77247f508d38c5233f0a79eb571e5701.png Ki Push
    • Damage lowered from scale 1.32 to scale 1.0
    • Recharge lowered from 6s to 4s
  • martialmanipulation_reactiontime.png.74d184cc5b2a043635f71035b5bdb365.png Reaction Time
    • Absorb has been adjusted to match Cauterizing Aura's Heal per Second and can now stack up for up to 12 seconds
    • No longer shows floating numbers by default
      • A new "Show Floaters" theme is available if you prefer seeing the Absorb numbers
    • If you are concealed (from Stealth or a similar power) this power will not impact foes unless you are in combat (it will no longer accidentally break stealth)
  • martialmanipulations_throwsand.png.e5a4bba65163938088134a37cfa5bd4d.png Throw Sand
    • Stun changed from Mag 3, Scale 12 to:

Ninja Training

• NinjaTools_Immob.png.ac4bea150408fdec44f3b4c5d2debf2b.png Immobilizing Dart
    • Toxic damage over time doubled to bring it in line with other single target immobilize powers
    • Range increased from 50ft to 60ft to be in line with other Blaster Manipulation T1 Immobilize powers
  • NinjaTools_KatanaLight.png.56eea593f67d953bd46791024eadad20.png Sting of the Wasp
  • ninjatools_hold.png.1a9135e65a95535eb2bef6b43dabf4b5.png Choking Powder
    • Hold changed from Mag 3, Scale 8 to:

• NinjaTools_Assassin.png.50ddb59179d9fadb8264b97b10275495.png Shinobi
    • No longer grants a damage buff outside of stealth
    • Now grants the caster a 20% chance to inflict lethal criticals with every attack
      • The amount of damage will be based on the recharge time of the power
      • Usually this will be 80% of the standard damage formula
      • This bonus damage ignores enhancements and damage buffs
    • Now provides movement buffs similar to Scrapper's Shinobi-Iri
      • See note on Movement Buffs in "Other Powers Changes" for more info
    • Christmas has been cancelled, this power will no longer cause random gift opening animations to trigger
    • Fixed pets gaining the critical proc
  • NinjaTools_KatanaAoE.png.8f535a51d6bbe5043b9bc74d98e6d7d0.png The Lotus Drops
    • Recharge decreased from 28s to 14s
      • This was much higher than intended
  • NinjaTools_BlindingPowder.png.69ff9093bde25fbfeaa5650e557cc19e.png Blinding Powder
    • Sleep magnitude increased from 2 to 3
    • Chance for Confuse mag increased from 2 to 3
    • Chance for Confuse scale lowered from scale 20 to scale 8
    • Accuracy lowered to 0.8 (to match other AoE CC powers)
  • NinjaTools_GoldenDragonfly.png.2ce9a8f6a31736a95f9b5ced0364d8b7.png Golden Dragonfly

Tactical Arrow

• ENA - I still do not think that lumping ENA in with other T1 immobilize powers is a good idea.  TA is a ranged power set and all other Blaster secondaries have melee attacks, so are able to cope with melee better.  TA has zero melee attacks and is better played at range, so I think it is legit to request that ENA have a slightly longer (80') range than other T1 immobilize powers.
  • Gymnastics - While the additional Jump is nice the suppression with other powers is an unwelcome nerf.  I would prefer to be able to stack Gymnastics with CJ, SS, NR, etc.  I haven't really seen a good explanation as to why stacking is OP.  There is a cap on movement speed, so why does it matter how you hit the cap?

Devices

• TWG - I don't have a problem with TWG having a 50' range because Devices has melee attacks.  I think the point that is being missed on ENA in TA is that TA has no melee attacks, so TA Blasters need to stay at range.
  • FO - I tested the No Fade option and it works fine.  I was thinking it didn't work and then realized I had Sprint toggled on with a Stealth IO, which was fading me out.  Nice work.

Martial Combat

• I confirmed that Reaction Time does not aggro mob when stealthed.  Thank you.  This is a huge plus for my DP/MC.

Ninja Training

• Immobilizing Dart - I don't have a problem with Immobilizing Dart having a 50' range because Ninja Training has melee attacks.  I think the point that is being missed on ENA in TA is that TA has no melee attacks, so TA Blasters need to stay at range.
  • Shinobi - See Gymnastics above.  These powers should stack; not suppress each other.
  • Christmas - I played my DP/NT on test for quite awhile yesterday while testing LRT and didn't see the Christmas gift defect, so looks like this was fixed.

46 minutes ago, Lockpick said:

Tactical Arrow

• ENA - I still do not think that lumping ENA in with other T1 immobilize powers is a good idea.  TA is a ranged power set and all other Blaster secondaries have melee attacks, so are able to cope with melee better.  TA has zero melee attacks and is better played at range, so I think it is legit to request that ENA have a slightly longer (80') range than other T1 immobilize powers.

Devices

• TWG - I don't have a problem with TWG having a 50' range because Devices has melee attacks.  I think the point that is being missed on ENA in TA is that TA has no melee attacks, so TA Blasters need to stay at range.

The range on ENA keeps getting mentioned, but I want to point out that the range on Ice Arrow is equally an issue and should not be neglected.

• Like 2

Got on today to mess around with my elec/elec blaster.

I was worried that CC would drop dynamo, but now that I know it doesn't I love it (so much so that I want it for my /elec armor toons if I'm being honest).

I'm glad that thunder clap is not the sustain anymore, and more glad that it's other changes got rolled back.

Thunder strike is still kinda meh, but that's nothing new so whatever at least it's faster meh now.

I'm also a fan of the power order changes, earlier access to build up is always welcome and low level blasters and damage auras have always mixed poorly imo. Also power sink at 26 is great for the short circuit>sink wombo combo at a much earlier level.

My only minor but real gripe here is the fence buff being 60 instead of 80. I have read every comment before mine so I know I may be beating a dead horse here, but the shorter range on blaster single target imob powers feels more like a relic than anything else and I would be plenty happy to see subdual get its full 100 range to let it keep it's range advantage.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2020 at 5:26 AM, Vanden said:

Scale is the base duration of a mez, then it's adjusted by AT mods and character level to get the actual duration in-game.

@VandenThanks for that.  Perhaps you can also help with the following.

Does non-stacking mean that portion does not stack with the same power cast by self and others, while the stacking portion will.... stack?

Also, does the change below still hold an LT for the first 6?

Edited by Griffyn

33 minutes ago, Griffyn said:

@VandenThanks for that.  Perhaps you can also help with the following.

Does non-stacking mean that portion does not stack with the same power cast by self and others, while the stacking portion will.... stack?

Also, does the change below still hold an LT for the first 6?

It does hold a LT for the first Scale 6 duration as the 2 effects stack, making it a Mag 3. The final Scale 4 duration will only be Mag 2.

The non-stacking is from same power and same caster. Others using the same power can stack with yours. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

If you have a ST hold in your kit, you should be able to drop it on a LT as they thaw out to extend their mez duration.

EDIT: I think the only impact of the mag 2 being flagged "non-stacking" is that using Burnout and immediately recasting would only result in a mag 4 mez.

Edited by Replacement