Focused Feedback: Other Powers Changes

Jimmy

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Other Powers Changes

Martial Arts

• MartialArts_EaglesClaw.png.a33dfe44abc13efe8a8e3a89654a14fc.png Eagle's Claw
    • This power now hits in a small cone
    • Now takes PBAoE sets instead of Melee Damage sets
      • Any currently slotted enhancement will retain, but can not be re-slotted after a respec
    • These changes only apply to the melee set version of the power (Tanker, Brute, Stalker and Scrapper)
  • AE versions of these powers have been updated with missing powers and to match current power effects

Dark Melee

• ShadowFighting_TouchOfFearAoE.png.6304069616b8528500b11f44ad8f7b5e.png Touch of Fear
    • Now a melee targeted AoE with a 10 target cap (16 for Tankers)
    • Now deals negative energy damage over time
    • Fear duration reduced by roughly 50%
    • Cast time increased from 1.17s to 1.97s
    • Only the main target will be affected by the Fear and ToHit debuff
    • Now accepts Targeted AoE Damage sets

Accolades

• All active combat Accolade powers now recharge in 10 minutes (down from 25 minutes), but are no longer affected by global recharge buffs - this affects the following powers:
    • BA_Crey_Pistol.png.45de1d57a58d9e25db9acc18caff81a7.png Crey CBX-9 Pistol / BA_Crey_Pistol.png.45de1d57a58d9e25db9acc18caff81a7.png Stolen Immobilizer Ray
    • BA_Eye_Of_The_Magus.png.0c56decfbade381310347fb37f9ff606.png Eye of the Magus / BA_Eye_Of_The_Magus.png.0c56decfbade381310347fb37f9ff606.png Demonic Aura
    • BA_Geas_Of_Kind_Ones.png.3dea273b8e5a87396b5796e911e57c50.png Geas of the Kind Ones / BA_Geas_Of_Kind_Ones.png.3dea273b8e5a87396b5796e911e57c50.png Force of Nature
    • BA_Vanguard_Medal.png.b92cefaec3544f017e24bb5572e7b585.png Vanguard Medal / BA_Megalomaniac.png.9b8526e7d696d151a1e7cef2156a5781.png Megalomaniac
    • BA_ElusiveMind.png.4dde6224695b30d0ac41668d5f013b9e.png Elusive Mind

Echoing what others have said about EC, the animation absolutely does not match up with being a cone. 

Why was ToF animation time increased?

Accolade recharge adjustment literally nerfs every single one of my characters that have enough recharge to put Geas/Demonic on a 7-8 min cooldown. Much disappointment here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Currently on fire.

3 hours ago, Vanden said:

Plus, I think EC is still balanced as a single-target attack, though I’ll have to run the numbers when I get out of work to verify that.

I checked, there's been no change to Eagle's Claw's damage or recharge to compensate for the added AoE. Although I haven't actually tested the power, and I think there might be some kind of quirkiness with how it works, so it might not be a normal cone attack, like maybe the other targets in the AoE aren't guaranteed to take damage or something. Testing is needed.

"Wrong" implies a rule was broken in design, the more likely possibility there is they wanted to try something new and we ended up with that.

I'd call it massively more successful than TS.

Eagles claw is unlikely to be 'rebalanced' at this stage, if it was going to be, it would have far before it reached this stage of testing.

Edited by ScarySai

1 minute ago, ScarySai said:

"Wrong" implies a rule was broken in design, the more likely possibility there is they wanted to try something new and we ended up with that.

I'd call it massively more successful than TS.

A rule was broken, when IOs were introduced and posters asked how they would know whether an AoE power took PBAoE or TAoE sets, the answer was that powers that can slot for Range would take TAoE sets, and powers that couldn't would take PBAoE sets.

3 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Not enough changes to Dark Melee to make it the best set. I'm mad.

Jokes aside, not sure why a change to Touch of Fear.

Touch of fear should get a name change if it is to be an AoE. Aspect of Fear and make it a PBaoE or Visage of Death/horror/terror. Something more fitting anyway.

So The AoE rotation could be...... Soul Drain- Touch of Fear- Dark Obliteration- Shadow Maul- Dark consumption- and depending on secondary a charge attack or Ground Zero and maybe a PBaoE Toggle? That is a lot of possible AoE attacks to rotate.

Personally i would combine Soul drain and Dark consumption into one power and make a completely new AoE power.

It doesn't look like it will matter though as it looks like Energy melee will be the Dps king lol.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

Touch of fear should get a name change if it is to be an AoE. Aspect of Fear and make it a PBaoE or Visage of Death/horror/terror. Something more fitting anyway.

It's really not necessary, there's no other power called Touch of Fear for it to get confused with.

3 minutes ago, Vanden said:

To be fair the actual Terrorize effect is still single-target.

Yes but still my opinion on it. Just a small thing though. I still think the -to hit should still apply also, it is the main aspect of the set really.

I feel all the thought as been put into Energy melee and little given to DM.

Edited by Gobbledegook

Dark Melee changes
- Shadow Maul is next to useless now (except for tankers).  It's almost impossible to hit 5 as a scrapper or brute unless you're doing the "old werewolves in the dumpster" trick.  However, any reduction like this would make an already weak power one that people actively recommend dropping.
- Touch of Fear - I like the idea but when combined with DA's Cloak of Fear, this is going to be stupidly overpowered. There is no need to change it or to add damage to it.  It's not broken and doesn't need to be fixed.

Kinetics
"All versions of the following powers have been converted from old pseudopet mechanics to new execute power mechanics"
English, please?  I have no idea what you're saying.

Accolades
- CD reduction to 10 minutes - frankly, this is awesome.  With a 25 minute CD, I really didn't think there was a point in taking the time/effort to grind out accolades these days. But a 10 minute CD means I'll be running "kill ALL" Manticores for the PPs so I can get the Crey Pistol!

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

All active combat Accolade powers now recharge in 10 minutes (down from 25 minutes), but are no longer affected by global recharge buffs - this affects the following powers:

• BA_Crey_Pistol.png.45de1d57a58d9e25db9acc18caff81a7.png Crey CBX-9 Pistol / BA_Crey_Pistol.png.45de1d57a58d9e25db9acc18caff81a7.png Stolen Immobilizer Ray

There's really no reason for the immobilizers to be more than like 60s. They're bog-standard attacks that do the damage of an attack that recharges in 4 seconds. They're identical to Chilblain from Ice Control/Manipulation, except with redraw.

• Like 13

ToF could do with a shorter activation time. Shadow Maul clearly took a target cap hit to make up for the new AoE addition, but the new AoE just feels sluggish and unresponsive, something that isn't very good for an otherwise responsive set.

As for the crey pistol, I'd be for just turning that thing into a hand cannon if it's keeping that recharge.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

Touch of Fear in Dark Melee now takes Targeted AoE IOs. However, since this is a melee attack, it should take PBAoE IOs. 

Yep, seems weird.  It is melee and you can't slot range enhancements in it, so it doesn't make sense from a technical perspective to take targeted aoe instead of pbaoe.  Putting in a positron blast damage/range enhance IO also didn't seem to make a range difference (nothing on the tooltip after slotting it at least, and hard to test such a small range increase). So, you end up with IO sets that don't fully affect the power.

Love, love, love that they made the change to touch of fear though instead of the original plan to buff dark consumption which would have left out stalkers.  Dark melee was already a bit of unpopular choice for stalkers, so this change doesn't put the stalker version even further behind.  Thank you!!

26 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

Personally i would combine Soul drain and Dark consumption into one power and make a completely new AoE power.

It doesn't look like it will matter though as it looks like Energy melee will be the Dps king lol.

Which would leave out stalkers, where it is already a much less popular (and arguably weaker) set.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Crowe said:

Dark Melee changes

- Touch of Fear - I like the idea but when combined with DA's Cloak of Fear, this is going to be stupidly overpowered. There is no need to change it or to add damage to it.  It's not broken and doesn't need to be fixed.

It was a power that I bet 90% of people skipped (would love to see the actual stats though).  Yes, it did need to be fixed.

Not sure your point about shadow maul, only the target cap was reduced, not the cone width.  If it was almost impossible to hit 5 with it, then what does it matter that the cap was reduced to 5?

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 1

Just now, Riverdusk said:

It was a power that I bet 90% of people skipped (would love to see the actual stats though).  Yes, it did need to be fixed.

You can see them! About 25% of Scrappers, Brutes, and Tankers take it, while nearly 50% of Stalkers do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

While I like the Accolade power changes (made a thread requesting this specific thing a while back), the Crey CBX-9 Pistol / Stolen Immobilizer Ray needs to be way less than 10m on the recharge. It's the equivalent of a T1 attack that can't be enhanced. Otherwise I really like lowering the accolades to 10m. Now I have an incentive to get them on more than just by badge hunter.

• Like 2

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

6 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

Yep, seems weird.  It is melee and you can't slot range enhancements in it, so it doesn't make sense from a technical perspective to take targeted aoe instead of pbaoe. 

It's modeled after spinning strike and is effectively a melee fireball. It makes total sense.

But... Eagle's Claw as a cone...? The power doesn't really match up like this thematically or aesthetically and changing the IO set type is going to wreak Havoc with MA builds.

1: I kick you so hard that your skull explodes and hits your buddies in the face, or I kick with such force that it gives blowback to people near my target, or I'm using magical kick superpowers.

Use your imagination, sheesh.

2: This isn't going to wreak any havoc at all with MA builds. EC>Storm>Axe>Storm is going to likely become the new top chain, you even get a fury proc out of it. MA could very well become top tier after this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

It's modeled after spinning strike and is effectively a melee fireball. It makes total sense.

So, range enhancements affect it in some way then?  That's the only logical reason it should be TAoE.  If not, a bunch of IO enhancement sets have wasted range enhancements you end up slotting in a power.

Edited by Riverdusk

1 minute ago, Riverdusk said:

That's the only logical reason it should be TAoE.

4 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Right - a melee fireball, so it should take the sets for melee AoEs.

Or, stay with me here.

It's an aoe, centered around your target.

Range/melee has nothing to do with it, you're both reaching for this one.

• Thanks 1