Focused Feedback: Travel Updates: Base Teleportation, Long Range Teleporter Accolade, Special TP Powers

1 hour ago, Blackfeather said:

Come to think of it, @Jimmy might we able to get that into the built-in cheats menu?

The old freebies pop menu thread was closed, but I took the liberty of building on r0y's last version by adding a menu in the 'Badges/Unlocks' section for the zone exploration accolades. There are sections for the Paragon City, Rogue Isles, and Praetoria exploration accolades. At the top of each of these three sections is an option to grant all accolades for that section, or each zone accolade can be granted individually.

There are instructions in the first post of that freebies pop menu thread for installing the menu. I've attached the menu file (in zipped format) here, so download it here, unzip it, and place it according to those instructions. The instructions don't mention creating a keybind for that menu, but that can be done with the following command:

/bind <your_key> "popmenu freebies"

Hopefully similar commands can eventually be added to the built-in menu, but in the meantime perhaps this will help.

freebies.zip

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blackfeather said:

It looks like the Day Job powers' cooldown times have been reduced to that amount:

I imagine for people who want to get around very quickly, that'll be more than adequate.

And what then happens when charges run out? Kind of makes earning the 30 something day job badges hard when you have to always be logging out in 1 or 2 spots to keep these two powers charged and in use.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

What would be the best location in the Isles for a travel hub? Is there a place with a Base Portal, a Helicopter/Submarine, and maybe a Black Market near each other? I haven't hung out in the Isles much since before Sunset.

As Jimmy said, Nerva isn't bad. I also think the area around the Cap Au Diable north ferry terminal is a good area. Within 250 yds of each other are a base portal, university, ferry terminal, tunnel portal, black market, and the Vanguard outpost. The Midnighter's Club is just outside that 250 yd radius. The only thing keeping this spot from being an ideal hub is that the Ouro portal drops you off about 500 yds away. If the Ouro portal dropoff could be moved closer to this area, then I think this would be the kind of go-to hub that Talos is in Paragon City. That area of Cap is also fairly low level (tops out around 20ish) so it would be relatively safe for all.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 2

The Dayjob base TP is affected by Global Recharge. Dunno if this is an issue, as it only has recharge to prevent accidental double-usage, but I just wanted to report that and make sure.

ALSO, The changed icon for the Praetorian market: Does the old icon exist anywhere still? I was using it for my personal base macro, since it looked like a house 😃

Edited by EmperorSteele

13 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

And what then happens when charges run out? Kind of makes earning the 30 something day job badges hard when you have to always be logging out in 1 or 2 spots to keep these two powers charged and in use.

It looks like this question is coming less from a stance of actual scarcity and more the perception that because there's a cap, that there'll always be another time where one would want to use said charge, and thus avoids using it. While it's a valid concern, it needs testing to confirm if it's something that'll actually be a problem.

So in other words, that question leads to another question: how likely is it that these 60 combined charges will run out before they're more than replenished, given one's amount of playtime? Well, we can probably run through some numbers.

• The amount of different maps that a player goes through in any given play session
  • The amount of base teleportation charges earned via downtime

So long as the latter is on average higher than the former, the player has effectively unlimited access to their base, wherever they want. This also doesn't account for their use of alternative transportation to supplement this, such as using Ouroboros to travel to Talos Island or Atlas Park, say.

I think if a means of replenishing Day Job Powers without being offline were implemented, it would be less of an issue.

Either buying charges with Inf, such as from the P2W Vendors, OR by completing some in-game tasks (mini-games?) to refill charges.

But sadly, this isn't the time for an in-depth discussion on improving the Day Job mechanics.  We only bring it up because it -is- related to these transit Day Job Powers.

So . . . yeah.  Improving Day Jobs in general might help address some of the concerns raised with these specific Day Job Powers.

7 minutes ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

I think if a means of replenishing Day Job Powers without being offline were implemented, it would be less of an issue.

Either buying charges with Inf, such as from the P2W Vendors, OR by completing some in-game tasks (mini-games?) to refill charges.

But sadly, this isn't the time for an in-depth discussion on improving the Day Job mechanics.  We only bring it up because it -is- related to these transit Day Job Powers.

So . . . yeah.  Improving Day Jobs in general might help address some of the concerns raised with these specific Day Job Powers.

I'm all for more money sinks being implemented for additional convenience...I believe Wentworth teleporter charges already work like that?

49 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

As Jimmy said, Nerva isn't bad. I also think the area around the Cap Au Diable north ferry terminal is a good area. Within 250 yds of each other are a base portal, university, ferry terminal, tunnel portal, black market, and the Vanguard outpost. The Midnighter's Club is just outside that 250 yd radius. The only thing keeping this spot from being an ideal hub is that the Ouro portal drops you off about 500 yds away. If the Ouro portal dropoff could be moved closer to this area, then I think this would be the kind of go-to hub that Talos is in Paragon City. That area of Cap is also fairly low level (tops out around 20ish) so it would be relatively safe for all.

Yeah.  I'd say ideally that Cap au Diable is the red side hub, because it pretty much already is.  You have the base portal, university, ferry, tunnel portal, Black Market, Vanguard, and Midnighter's Club.  Myself and friends of mine always considered Cap au Diable the Atlas Park of red side.

• Like 1

I do agree that it'd make more sense to move the Ouro drop off point for Cap Au Diable closer to the university/blackmarket/Vanguard DPO/etc, but I'm also wondering that if the teleporter is moved closer if it also might be possible to move the helicopter for the Bloody Bay entrance closer, as well? To me, it's never made much sense that it's just about at the other end of the zone - away from everything else, whereas every other zone has the drop off point relatively close to the PVP zone transport (600 yards for St. Martial, but at least it's also by the ferry and is still in a relatively well-traveled section of St. Martial - where it is now for Cap isn't well traveled at all). Although another easy way to address this would be to also put another Black Helicopter Line heli there as well, since that one is about a little over 100yards away from the Bloody Bay zone entrance.

Other than that, the suggestion to move that drop off point for Cap is awesome. I've been a redside player for a while and that's generally the part of Cap where I spend the most time at. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackfeather said:

It looks like this question is coming less from a stance of actual scarcity and more the perception that because there's a cap, that there'll always be another time where one would want to use said charge, and thus avoids using it. While it's a valid concern, it needs testing to confirm if it's something that'll actually be a problem.

So in other words, that question leads to another question: how likely is it that these 60 combined charges will run out before they're more than replenished, given one's amount of playtime? Well, we can probably run through some numbers.

• The amount of different maps that a player goes through in any given play session
  • The amount of base teleportation charges earned via downtime

So long as the latter is on average higher than the former, the player has effectively unlimited access to their base, wherever they want. This also doesn't account for their use of alternative transportation to supplement this, such as using Ouroboros to travel to Talos Island or Atlas Park, say.

I can easily go through 5-10 base teleports in a 2-3 hour play session, which I manage to do most days. I don't know what the current rate of recharge is, but I know it's not that much in a day. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Blackbird71 said:

I can easily go through 5-10 base teleports in a 2-3 hour play session, which I manage to do most days. I don't know what the current rate of recharge is, but I know it's not that much in a day. 

The wiki doesn't have any Day Job formulas at the moment - do you have them off the top of your head, @Jimmy? I'd like to know them myself.

• City Council
3 hours ago, Blackfeather said:

The wiki doesn't have any Day Job formulas at the moment - do you have them off the top of your head, @Jimmy? I'd like to know them myself.

At present all the active day jobs hover around 4~ a day. As I mentioned though, I do want to do a pass on these but it won't be in Page 1.

After Page 1 is out, feel free to send me a reminder via PM and I'll post them in the HC wiki club forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Honestly, I would have liked to see the 5th power to have been "Assemble Team Across Zones" - teleports team members to the caster regardless of where they are in the game.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Hi, abject apologies if this is an old ask but 15 pages and old eyes so may have genuinely missed it.

When I use the LRTP power I also get a LRTP Second Chance power popup in the usual popup tray.

Is there any way to stop that happening?

I did check at Null and no turn off option seen and asked ingame but no responses.

Thanks

Oh just had a thought, is this just a beta feature not destined for Live?

My initial thoughts after testing the proposed SG-related teleportation methods is that I personally like them.

Issues:

1) Power customization - Other (White/White) doesn't change the colors of blue to white.  Intended?

2) What effect will this have on the numerous individuals I see that have been using public codes?  I am not one, but should they now consider joining a SG or forming their own for faster travel?

Great work, HC team and keep up the progress!

• City Council
45 minutes ago, SupaFreak said:

1) Power customization - Other (White/White) doesn't change the colors of blue to white.  Intended?

Post detailed info on that here please. Specific power, specific colour combo, etc. Include a screenshot.

45 minutes ago, SupaFreak said:

2) What effect will this have on the numerous individuals I see that have been using public codes?  I am not one, but should they now consider joining a SG or forming their own for faster travel?

Those all still work, even without being in a SG, you're just only able to use them when you could normally access a base (near a base portal / after using a base teleportation power).

• Like 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

14 hours ago, Nerio72 said:

You could do both, put account wide in the custom window and the character specific in a tray. Using the custom window doesn't make it so you can't do them normaly.

Then something has changed since I last looked into this (granted it was about a year ago), or this is something different than I thought it was.  The option I saw then would put all of your macros into the window, making every macro account-wide.

Thanks for the info, I'll try it out.

2 hours ago, Blackbird71 said:

Then something has changed since I last looked into this (granted it was about a year ago), or this is something different than I thought it was.  The option I saw then would put all of your macros into the window, making every macro account-wide.

Thanks for the info, I'll try it out.

If you create the macros in the custom window I don't think you can drag it out, but if you create it normally you can drag it to the custom window.

The main problem with it is it wants to be in the top left, you can drag it wherever you want and it will stay there (even if you change toons) until you close out of the game. When you next log in it's back to the left,afaik there is no way to make it stay where you put it.

You can create macros for popmenus in it also. The entire window is resizeable and the buttons themselves expand.

Glad to give my limited help 👍

6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

At present all the active day jobs hover around 4~ a day. As I mentioned though, I do want to do a pass on these but it won't be in Page 1.

After Page 1 is out, feel free to send me a reminder via PM and I'll post them in the HC wiki club forum.

So essentially you earn the charges at the same rate as you earn the badge, about 7 days for a complete 0-30 charge. Seems to me that is an even better indication of why it would have been much easier and keep more people happy to just give people what they wanted and have it be a free p2w power with a short cool down useable anyway other then in places it can be exploited. 

There are a ton of day jobs and it takes roughly 7 days a day job to earn the badges. So on top of this "fix" requiring people to badge toons they might not care to badge, now it also requires those that do badge to essentially put off new badges to maintain these powers if they want to have them. And yes i get the idea that day jobs will be looked at that it is "on the list" however it seems like if the fix here is causing more work down the road how is that worth the time to keep compounding issues. Cause then when you fix day jobs, what will those fixes require, and then those etc. One power, functions like enterbasefrompasscode by opening a portal, no limit to uses, no exploits, 2-3 minute recharge. Problem fixed with player satisfaction and not compounding more work for devs.

• Like 5

If the expectation is for us to routinely use those Day Job teleport summons the way we've been using the enterbase code (That is to say... frequently), then it does sort-of lock us all into a routine of ONLY parking our characters in places where we can recharge those powers. If you want to go work on another one, that's probably going to be directly at the expense of having fully-charged base portal summons. 

Maybe that opportunity cost trade-off is seen as Good Thing? There's a certain segment of the City population who likes to insist that everything be "earned" or "paid for" by some degree of annoyance. I don't know... Maybe this is a bone tossed to them.

• Like 4

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

The following base portals have been moved to more convenient locations:

• Kings Row
    • Moved down to ground level
  • Skyway City
    • Moved up to the small park with Synapse and Mynx, near the Monorail
  • Independence Port
    • Moved slightly to be right next to the Monorail, allowing easy access to both sides of the zone
  • Peregrine Island
    • Moved down to ground level
  •  

The Skyway City portal is already in a convenient location and easy to access. Also a lowbie has a better chance of avoiding supa trolls when moving from the base portal to the train and vice versa. Furthermore one can exit and enter the base without getting into fights during Rikti invasions.

The park may be "convenient" for supergroups that don't have access to trainers or devs who don't like putting beacons in underground parking 😛. But the move isn't really needed and it takes away a bit of the charm of the  portal location.  Not every zone needs a revamp or tweak.

8 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

If the expectation is for us to routinely use those Day Job teleport summons the way we've been using the enterbase code (That is to say... frequently), then it does sort-of lock us all into a routine of ONLY parking our characters in places where we can recharge those powers. If you want to go work on another one, that's probably going to be directly at the expense of having fully-charged base portal summons. 

Maybe that opportunity cost trade-off is seen as Good Thing? There's a certain segment of the City population who likes to insist that everything be "earned" or "paid for" by some degree of annoyance. I don't know... Maybe this is a bone tossed to them.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. It's an opportunity cost thing. Either you log out by a base portal (which refills charges of both day job powers, by the way) to keep charges on the P2W version or you spend the inf to get the P2W versions. You can also do both, and cycle them as they're available. I think the only time this turns into a drag is if you're soloing, but even then you can do Ouro -> Talos or IP -> SG base and it only takes a couple more loading screens. On a team, players can cycle through the powers they have available, especially since the portals don't despawn when the owner leaves the zone.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube