Focused Feedback: Travel Updates: Base Teleportation, Long Range Teleporter Accolade, Special TP Powers

First-thought feedback: Is there a way to keep a list of "popular" base destinations accessible when we use a base portal, other than just keep a list somewhere else to copy & paste from? Like, right now, the Base portal will pop up my base, my coalition, and my team leader (assuming access is allowed). And then there's a field to enter a base passcode... is there a way to keep a record of, say, the last 5 codes we entered? This way, the community teleport hubs can still be a thing, and people who aren't in SGs can still make use of them without having to copy and paste all the time.

Just a QoL thing. Looking forward to actually testing things now 😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Freakenstein said:

In regards to the Rapid Response Portal day job power, will that come in charges that refill when you log out in base again, or perm usage like the 'boros portal or Pocket D tper?

You need to log out at an SG portal to earn credit toward charges for that power. Day job credit is tracked by the location where you will log in to, not where you log out from.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Just now, EmperorSteele said:

First-thought feedback: Is there a way to keep a list of "popular" base destinations accessible when we use a base portal, other than just keep a list somewhere else to copy & paste from? Like, right now, the Base portal will pop up my base, my coalition, and my team leader (assuming access is allowed). And then there's a field to enter a base passcode... is there a way to keep a record of, say, the last 5 codes we entered? This way, the community teleport hubs can still be a thing, and people who aren't in SGs can still make use of them without having to copy and paste all the time.

Just a QoL thing. Looking forward to actually testing things now 😃

The existing base macros will still work, just only within an SG base or 45' of a base portal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

And why is teleport's highest level power being changed to a power that really only benefits melee? My defender has no business summoning mobs into melee in mass.

It doesn't only benefit melee. Think of a kinetics defender. Or any AT with a PBAOE nuke or hold.

Though, as mentioned with the warshade comments - a brief disorient (you DID just yank a group through space) would be nice for safety's sake.

... you know, I wonder how this will affect MSRs.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 minutes ago, Greycat said:

... you know, I wonder how this will affect MSRs.

Probably will end up being the same 16 targets getting teleported back and forth across the bowl.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philtrum said:

Please don't remove the enter base from passcode command. Thanks.

It's not getting removed. Read the patch notes.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, philtrum said:

Please don't remove the enter base from passcode command. Thanks.

Read the patch notes. It's also been talked about for over a year.You were also given a link to the patch notes in the thread that got locked.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

34 minutes ago, macskull said:

The existing base macros will still work, just only within an SG base or 45' of a base portal.

You can also use it anytime the "enter base passcode" screen appears.

So in total, you can use /enterbasefrompasscode via:

• P2W Base Transporter
  • P2W Supergroup Portal
  • Dayjob Base Teleporter
  • Dayjob Rapid Response Portal
  • Being 45ft away from a SG base portal
  • Being in a SG base
Edited by Xanatos

City of Heroes Class of 2001.

2 hours ago, Ulysses Dare said:

This one puzzles me as well. Even with a nice, convenient base portal, Echo: Galaxy City was always dead. Requiring extra steps to go there seems pointless.

This. And removing the SG travel hub kinda sucks. I think the Dev underestimates how much this improved gameplay for many - it sure did for me. There are so many old missions, TFs etc that involved a lot of needless running around and were nothing more than time sinks. I stopped playing most of that content until the SG transport hub was made. 

I guess I'll wait and see how these changes look but yeah...not feeling too optimistic about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

This. And removing the SG travel hub kinda sucks. I think the Dev underestimates how much this improved gameplay for many - it sure did for me. There are so many old missions, TFs etc that involved a lot of needless running around and were nothing more than time sinks. I stopped playing most of that content until the SG transport hub was made. 

I guess I'll wait and see how these changes look but yeah...not feeling too optimistic about it.

Where in any of these patch notes did you get that the transport hubs are going away?

• Like 1

The instant base teleport has been one of my favourite things about returning to this game on these servers. Seems like it'll be much more complicated now, particularly for multiple alts. I guess I'll see how the new powers play out but I'm among the many that are unhappy to see this change. The ability to just teleport anywhere with ease really made me feel like a godlike being. That feel is a big part of what makes this game fun.

• Like 5

I almost never post, which I hope will mean that you take me seriously when I say that the new restrictions on the instant base teleport via passcode is getting way too many restrictions. This is probably my favorite aspect of HC and I hate to see it gutted. What about keeping it as is except giving it a cooldown (maybe 5 minutes) or else a 10 second trigger time or something?

Sorry my debut is critical. I tremendously appreciate all that y'all have done to bringing the game back!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GothWitch said:

I almost never post, which I hope will mean that you take me seriously when I say that the new restrictions on the instant base teleport via passcode is getting way too many restrictions. This is probably my favorite aspect of HC and I hate to see it gutted. What about keeping it as is except giving it a cooldown (maybe 5 minutes) or else a 10 second trigger time or something?

Sorry my debut is critical. I tremendously appreciate all that y'all have done to bringing the game back!

This has been talked about for over a year. Posted about by the devs saying "This was not supposed to be player facing and will go away."  They could have just shut it off at any point -but now we have multiple ways of getting around. Free power that will take you anywhere you spend a minute getting explore badges from. Plus multiple replacement powers, in both P2W and day job form - Base and supergroup portals/tp still let you put in a code.

(Hmm. Didn't test. Could these be macro'd to pass along a base code? Devs?)

I have created a (rudimentary) public SG base on Brainstorm Test for such as can't be bothered,  Code is NEWS-90; name of the SG is 'and the Action News Team'. 

I do think that if these powers are going to be changed, they ought to be made to work a bit differently.  They need first to be uninterruptible, the problem that makes Mission Transporter unusable in areas with any NPC traffic.   The new animations do not give that impression. 

I also think that Cimerora needs to be brought within the ambit of the system, at least to the point of having a base portal in Cimerora.  Losing the passcode command will weigh heavier on those of us who play a lot in Cimerora than on others.  There probably ought to be a SG portal in The Hive and The Abyss as well. 

I am uncertain what counts as an 'unlockable' zone.  I logged into a character with several exploration accolades; her options from the new LRT power were Hollows and Striga.  She also has accolades for Eden and the Hive, I believe. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Just now, Xanatos said:

I suggest making the Long Range Teleport accolade unlock, and subsequent zone unlocks, account-wide.

The point of the power is to allow you to travel the gameworld after you have explored it.

@Xanatos While I completely agree with your logic, I cannot seem to rectify this with the fact that other accolades do not unlock account wide. Would your argument work with Task Force Commander? Or the Atlas Medallion? I am going to have to ultimately disagree with you, but I definitely can support your reasoning.

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

@Xanatos While I completely agree with your logic, I cannot seem to rectify this with the fact that other accolades do not unlock account wide. Would your argument work with Task Force Commander? Or the Atlas Medallion? I am going to have to ultimately disagree with you, but I definitely can support your reasoning.

Probably not, because those offer direct statistical bonuses that are the result of running many hours of task forces, while this is a QoL feature that cuts down on transit time. They're not really in the same ballpark, even though they're both accolades.

2 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

This seems more of a semantic issue around the use of the category/word "accolade", than an actual game balance concern.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

City of Heroes Class of 2001.