Focused Feedback: Travel Updates: Base Teleportation, Long Range Teleporter Accolade, Special TP Powers

9 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Most incarnate trials form up in Pocket D (and the RWZ has those same resources). All of the needs/wants you stated are met in that zone(s). 

I have like 27 characters all with t4 incarnates and have never once joined a itrial in pocket D, every single one of them was joined in ouro.

4 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

I have like 27 characters all with t4 incarnates and have never once joined a itrial in pocket D, every single one of them was joined in ouro.

ITrials used to be almost entirely formed in Ouroboros on Excelsior unfortunately, but I have noticed them expanding to Pocket D and Dark Astoria over the past several months.  Hopefully these transportation options will encourage people to continue to move to Pocket D and/or Dark Astoria.

Edited by Apparition

11 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

Then prove it. I mean you stand by them that is fine, all any of this is asking for is prove why it is to OP and cant be done. The slash command is gone, i got it, i dont disagree at all with removing exploits. They introduce 3-5 powers that demand time badges (something easier for some then others) spent influence, (something easier for some to earn then others) and generally for no better description time logged off (something that is quite frankly the stupidest game mechanic any dev has ever introduced going all the way back to when day jobs were introduced) 

So according to our devs these all allow for something like 2 twice as many teleports then we commonly used with the slash command per hour. But again that is only true if you have them all right? But that is another issue. So assuming we have them all, why is having all 5 "good" but having one free unlock that gives me teleport to my base for me alone every 5 minutes (which seems to be the base people want because it makes it like ouro) why is that "bad". And by why i mean give me a reason other then opinion. We have heard influence sinks, however influence sinks are most likely to punish players most that dont have influence, you know those that dont farm, or market and just try to play the base game and enjoy themselves. We hear making us earn it, well why, we dont earn ouro portals now. We just reach a level and ask someone to open one and get a easily found badge, or we go to our base and run 1 fast misson through the pillar etc.  Not to mention i am not earning anything when i am logged off not even playing but that eventually grants me two of the teleport powers plus more uses for them. The Ouro portal allows you to jump to what 4-5 zones instantly on a 5 minute recharge a couple of them being very useful zones like peregrine and talos the later of which is totally a travel hub to get anywhere as has been pointed out. So why is traveling to talos every 5 minutes with no time or investment not breaking the game, but traveling to my base every 5 minutes off one power given sudden shatter the game?

The proof is in the fact that this has been pushed to the beta shard for testing and feedback. This is their server, they decided it. Now it is just a matter of ironing out any issues caused through gameplay or quality of life.

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

11 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

The simplest fix would have been 1 power modeled on oro that replaces the /enter. it would have solved all stated problems. Are there additional things being addressed here that have not been talked about? It kind of looks like that is true.  If there are, fine. That is just the way it looks.

People keep saying "the simplest way to do it is X", maybe they tried that and it didn't work. I'm pretty sure they weren't having Zoom meetings discussing the best way to make things more complicated.

• Like 2

I just tested this and I think that the system on Beta will work for me.  I went and bought the P2W base teleported options -- true, those are a little pricey, it would be nice to see them a little cheaper.  I already had the beacon for a few zones so the Accolade popped in. I found the Fast Travel power in my list and drug it out to a tool bar -- replaced where the Ouro portal was and started playing around.

My testing wasn't fully extensive, but I hit the Long Range Teleport accolade, it brought up a list of zones. Instead of clicking it, I hit a macro for a base on the Beta server that I pulled from the forum (thank you base builders!!) and it took me to the base.  Once in the base I hit another macro for another base and it took me to it immediately. I exited the base and tried the other base tp and portal options. To pop around. Checked them and they were all on cool down. So I fiddled with combining Hami-O's to get a level 53 (just to see one of them) and checked out a couple other items at the P2W vendor. By that time 2 of the powers were ready again, with only the LRTP still on cool down.

My plan is to use the non-charge powers when they are available and hopefully have charges available for the day job powers for those times they are not available.  I do wish that the Ouro portal counted as a portal that allowed the enterbasebypasscode power, but then it would probably be even more crowded around the portal in Ouro.

The Fast Travel menu is (for me) the thing that makes this workable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

The proof is in the fact that this has been pushed to the beta shard for testing and feedback. This is their server, they decided it. Now it is just a matter of ironing out any issues caused through gameplay or quality of life.

So thanks for confirming, there is no reason then they have the ability to make our game play more tedious therefore its ok for them to. Got it. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

Then prove it. I mean you stand by them that is fine, all any of this is asking for is prove why it is to OP and cant be done.

To paraphrase what Jimmy said to another player in one of these threads, you've made YOUR opinion perfectly clear.  Constantly harping on this doesn't help anyone.  The original implementation on the beta server had shortcomings, there was feedback, and now we have an improved version.  Based on the thread replies, most people are now satisfied.

We ALL know that you aren't happy with it.  I get that you're passionate about this game.  So am I.  But arguing and arguing is not productive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

14 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

So thanks for confirming, there is no reason then they have the ability to make our game play more tedious therefore its ok for them to. Got it. 

Gonna go ahead and let you know that is not correct, doesn't reflect anything that I said, and is entirely your subjective opinion. Maybe testing these changes and providing substantive feedback will better allow the HC volunteers to address your concerns, as opposed to complaining?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Different question for you macro pros or any dev/GM: Could I make a macro that had the Pocket D image skin that used the LRTP but took me to Pocket D without any additional clicking?

I realize it won't be exactly the same but at least it will give me the illusion of retaining that little perk I paid for all those years ago.

Would a Souvenir ease the pain at all?

I know when I realized (late 2012, I think) that everything I bought for this game was gone, I was stung.

The various tchotchkes were all I had left.

Edited by DoctorDitko

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

7 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Different question for you macro pros or any dev/GM: Could I make a macro that had the Pocket D image skin that used the LRTP but took me to Pocket D without any additional clicking?

I realize it won't be exactly the same but at least it will give me the illusion of retaining that little perk I paid for all those years ago.

I believe you can use the image, yes.  You would just need to know the correct image file name.  As for the rest, not entirely sure.

Edited by ShardWarrior

15 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I think the image you want is called 'Teleportation_Pocket_D', which you could use in a macro. As for LRTP taking you directly to Pocket D, I think that would just depend on whether or not a specific destination code could be passed to the LRTP power via a slash command, and I have no idea if such functionality exists.

20 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Macro_image_(Slash_Command) 

Wading down to section "T" you will find the following: 

Teleportation Pocket D.png
Teleportation_Pocket_D /macro_image "Teleportation_Pocket_D" "Tooltip" "Command"

But I am not sure what the exact macro line command would be to make what you're asking - sorry!

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

47 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Good question.  My guess would be that a one-click macro is not possible since the system currently opens a selection window.  However, based on how the game is actually coded, this might range anywhere from 'easy enough to add' to 'not possible without a major code rewrite'.  I would be interested to see a reply from the devs on this.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

In this particular game, sentiment should never be ignored.

Why else, folks, are we here?

• Like 4

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

1 hour ago, Nerio72 said:

People keep saying "the simplest way to do it is X", maybe they tried that and it didn't work. I'm pretty sure they weren't having Zoom meetings discussing the best way to make things more complicated.

Accept the beta puts evidence in the game that what people are most asking for works just fine. A teleport button with a short animation to take us to the base with a 5min or less recharge. They added a teleport button to take you to your base that originally had a 10 second recharge that they have since lowered to 2 second, that originally had i think it was a 20 or 30 minute recharge they lowered to 10. So what we want exists already all they have to do is adjust the recharge time on it. 

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I have one question for @QuiJon: Have you logged a character on to test server for Issue 27?

Honestly no i have not. Because frankly my biggest problem with the changes is for personal reasons that I already know i have, and would still apply on the test server. I sent a comment to Faultline today about it directly because i didnt really feel i wanted personal business on the public forums but fine whatever i guess.

There are bigs parts of this game i can simply just not see anymore. My sight has always been challenged but in the 7 years this game was down i guess it got even worse then i remember it being. So where people might say LRTP is no big deal you only have to get one badge and one accolade. Well to most it might not be, to me i can not see icons on the map anymore. They dont have enough contrast for me to know what is what to track down badges on the vidiots overlays. This is why i only badged one character and it took me about 3 weeks to systematically work through the city to do what i used to be able to do in an afternoon. Having to rely on memory and looking up coordinates and trying to track them down that way or hoping the pictures on the wikis gave me a enough of a memory boost to remember where the badges were. 

So when the devs seem to say they dont consider it is a problem that we have one power that cost money and one power that doesnt and that SHOULD cover everyones needs, I feel like no, i really dont have those options. I tried badging 1 badge in every zone on a fresh toon and one accolade to fully open LRPT it took me about 3 and a half hours. Times 26ish characters that i play, that is alot of time i wont have to put into opening up what the devs consider to be one of the most balancing workhorse powers in this new jumble of teleport powers. 

I get and understand that things are not always going to be easy for me. And nothing is owed to me. However i dont think it is to much to ask that is something is going to be changed that does affect me in a adverse way to be told why it has to be. Example, i have a Bio Armor character, but i am not in the power set changes threads arguing about changes that might lower that sets ability because i can understand how having one armor set that is viewed as superior to the rest is a bad thing. All i have asked for here is to understand why when this game operated just fine with a no limit base teleport for over a year, why suddenly i have to lose that when the exploits can be fixed without losing it. And no one has really explained why that is the case beyond, because the devs wanted to. 

And it isnt like i am saying no limits. But i figure what if LRTP is not going to be as useful to me as other players i dont see why the base teleporter can not be up every 5 minutes for players. I figure between base teleporter, Ouro portal running every 5 minutes i can likely get around with just a slightly more difficult time then i can now. I even did pose to Faultline in my message maybe adding a common new explore badge to every zone at the public base portal. They dont have to be tied to accolades but could give credit for the LRTP of having a zones badge so that people like me that might have a difficult time badging in open zones know automatically where at least 1 badge is in every zone. But as of right now it feels like even the devs consider the LRTP to be a large part of why they feel this system is balanced. And for me anyway, that will likely be a less then useful power without spending maybe even months of play time opening it up on my characters. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

Accept the beta puts evidence in the game that what people are most asking for works just fine. A teleport button with a short animation to take us to the base with a 5min or less recharge. They added a teleport button to take you to your base that originally had a 10 second recharge that they have since lowered to 2 second, that originally had i think it was a 20 or 30 minute recharge they lowered to 10. So what we want exists already all they have to do is adjust the recharge time on it. 

So you've given your feedback, continually repeating it in slightly different ways is not helpful. They are now either going to do what you've suggested or not. Obviously they are reading these or they wouldn't have made the changes they have made already.

• Like 1

• City Council
1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Not really, but you do have a few options if you really like that icon:

1 - Use the Pocket D icon for your fast travel menu

Enter the following command:

/macroimage Teleportation_Pocket_D "Fast Travel" "popmenu FastTravel"

This will then give you a fast travel menu with the Pocket D icon, like so:

image.png.79584a3b92a185af72bab7478077b92d.png

2 - Use the Pocket D icon for Long Range Teleporter using macroimage

Enter the following command:

/macroimage Teleportation_Pocket_D "Pocket D Teleporter" "powexecname Long Range Teleporter"

You can replace the "Pocket D Teleporter" part with whatever you want the icon to be named.

You'll then get a macro button with the Pocket D icon that will activate Long Range Teleporter. This will however not show the cooldown, to do that you'll need to use option 3.

3 - Use the Pocket D icon for Long Range Teleporter by replacing the file entirely

I've attached a file to this post. Download it, and move it into the following directory inside your CoH folder (if it doesn't exist, you'll need to create it):

<CoH install directory>\data\texture_library\GUI\Icons\Powers\Accolade_LongRangeTeleport.texture

This will replace the icon for all of your characters without needing to use a command. It'll display the cooldown and behave like any other power icon.

Accolade_LongRangeTeleport.texture

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• City Council

I would like to request that those who have not spent time testing the changes actually do so before posting in this thread any further.

I'd also like to request people stop repeating themselves, I'm going to start hiding posts if that continues. Your opinion doesn't matter more than someone who is respectful and only posts once.

And @Luminaraplease stop posting about my nipples, thank you 🙃 (the post has been hidden, don't ask!)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!