Focused Feedback: Travel Updates: Base Teleportation, Long Range Teleporter Accolade, Special TP Powers

33 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

Once you have the accolade, you can unlock the zones by finding a single badge in said zone. Did you already possess Pocket D?

I think that explains some of it, but...

I've made multiple new characters on Brainstorm, used the Freebie menu to grab the PD badge and in most cases did NOT receive the accolade.

In at least one case I then went to PD and picked up the badges there and still did not receive the accolade.

I'm going to go try it again now, I'll make a new toon.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Blackbird71 said:

Which will only continue so long as people log in and donate each month to fund the servers.

what is the longest the donation window has been open?

Hours?

Certainly not a full day.

People are going to support Homecoming if they continue doing what they are doing now.

They don't have to bow down to anyone that thinks that they have ownership rights to demand things in regards to the work that they are providing for free because of their love for the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

6 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Not completely sure, but I think maybe Pocket D on the Long Range Teleporter is only being awarded on Villains?

Whether it's Villains/Heroes or something else, 

• Now unlocks Pocket D as a Long Range Teleporter destination (and unlocks LRT if you don't already have it)

is definitely not working as intended.

At least one of my heroes has it.

They probably already had the Pocket D teleporter before the LRT was put into the Beta.

You may have to sit around in the Pocket D for an hour in order to unlock it ... for maybe get the badge ontop of the floating truck? since it's an exploration badge in the zone.

• Like 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

13 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I think that explains some of it, but...

I've made multiple new characters on Brainstorm, used the Freebie menu to grab the PD badge and in most cases did NOT receive the accolade.

In at least one case I then went to PD and picked up the badges there and still did not receive the accolade.

I'm going to go try it again now, I'll make a new toon.

If you haven’t joined yet, perhaps this will help.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

56 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I've also been seeing another possible bug related to the LRTP, some of my characters are getting zones unlocked without having achieved the Exploration Accolade for that zone.

Did  you maybe unlock them through the freebie window via the chat bubble?

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Did  you maybe unlock them through the freebie window via the chat bubble?

I unlocked the PD badge via the chat bubble.

On THAT particular character doing so got me the LRTP. And then I think that character got one badge in each zone, explaining why they are unlocked.

I do not yet have an explanation for why that character got LRTP from the PD badge and others did not.

I just made a new toon, at level one in Mercy, used the Freebie menu to get the PD badge and it did NOT unlock the LRTP.

I then took the same toon to PD through Port Oakes and picked up the Big Time badge and the LRTP did not open.

I went back to Mercy levelled up to 2 and still did not get the LRTP.

I am now going to try another new toon, this time I will not use the Freebie menu at all, but I don't recall doing anything different on the one toon that did unlock it in the expected way.

Edit: Please disregard, I believe this behavior is working as intended based on the requirements for earning LRTP.

I just made a new villain character, ran them from Mercy to Port Oakes to Pocket D, grabbed the Big Time badge in Pocket D, and did not receive LRTP. I then zoned out of Pocket D back to Port Oakes in case LRTP might award upon zoning, but it did not.

Edited by AboveTheChemist

Just made another new toon, street swept to 2 in Atlas, ran to PD in Kings and grabbed both Big Time and Trucker and did not receive LRTP.

But I absolutely have one toon that has LRTP from getting the PD badge from the Freebie menu. So I am super confused because I appear to be seeing different behavior on different toons. I will continue to test.

I thought the LRTP came from either Monitor Duty, Patrol XP, or Rapid Response member.

I can't remember which, but I think it might be Rapid Response member which means  you need both the Monitor Duty and the Patrol XP day jobs before you can get it.

I was confused it says

New Accolade: Long Range Teleporter

• LongRangeTeleporter.png.4970195b31b9e2546510622430b293f0.png Long Range Teleporter
    • Long Range Teleport has been removed from the Teleportation pool and is now an Accolade power
    • 2s activation time, 10 minute cooldown (activation time is longer in PvP)
      • Activation time reduced from 12s to 2s
    • Collecting any exploration badge in a zone will unlock it as a destination, but you still need at least one exploration accolade to unlock the power itself
    • Every zone with a base portal can be unlocked as a Long Range Teleporter destination (see the above list for reference)
    • Long Range Teleporter drops you at the base portal in the target zone
    • Long Range Teleporter can also take you to your base, and allows you to use /enterbasefrompasscode to enter any base
    • Known issue: Most of the text relating to this feature is outdated

It's an Accolade, but it doesn't say how you get it.

Edited by UltraAlt

Getting all the explores in a zone gives you the accolade, which is what it says.

However getting all the explores in PD did not get it, although Having gotten all the explores in PD, once I got all the explores in Atlas, LRTP unlocked with both Atlas and PD as destinations.

It is unclear if it is a bug that getting the PD badge from the Freebies menu NOT unlocking the LRTP is a bug.

It is possible that the one character I have that DID get it in that way did so during Build 1.  I'm not sure.

Yeah, confusing behavior:

Newly made toon: got LRTP by exploring Atlas Park, and then received PD as a destination. A little odd that fully exploring PD didn't get it, and weird that on most toons using the Freebie menu to get PD VIP didn't get it, but otherwise makes sense.

Toon from Build 1: Has LRTP from PD Gold Club Member (via Freebie menu, somehow), has no PD explores, has ONLY ONE Explore badge (The Next Big Thing), yet has PD and Mercy.

So maybe in between Build 1 and Build 2 something changed such that getting the PD badge from the Freebie menu no longer gives you LRTP?

EDIT: After going over the patch notes and checking WHICH characters have it and which don't, that is my conclusion.

So, it IS working as intended, I was just SUPER confused.

Edited by Wavicle

25 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Getting all the explores in a zone gives you the accolade, which is what it says.

However getting all the explores in PD did not get it, although Having gotten all the explores in PD, once I got all the explores in Atlas, LRTP unlocked with both Atlas and PD as destinations.

Pocket D doesn't have an explore accolade, so probably working as intended at least on that front.

• Like 1

I'm almost certain that LRT is only intended to unlock after receiving an accolade for getting all the explorations in a zone. Pocket D has no accolade associated with getting all the explorations, so it will not grant you the LRT power upon getting them all (same would apply if you got the Kallisti Wharf exploration badge). Upon getting LRT granted, you'll unlock any zone by grabbing one exploration within that zone.

Edit: ah I'm a few minutes late, but ya lol

Edited by Dombloo
  • Like 1

I did a little more testing.

I unlocked LRTP on a new toon by Exploring Atlas Park.

I then used the Freebie menu to get the PD VIP badge and it did NOT add PD as a destination.

This IS the expected behavior...BUT...it also means there is now no reward for Achieving the PD VIP badge.

EDIT: Or does it? Is the Tiki Room still VIP only?

Edited by Wavicle

• City Council

I just created a new character on the internal test server and used the Freebies menu to get Pocket D VIP Pass. The LRT accolade unlocked as expected. Using it showed Pocket D as a destination. So whatever the problem is, it'll probably be fixed when this build is promoted to Brainstorm on Saturday.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

what is the longest the donation window has been open?

Hours?

Certainly not a full day.

People are going to support Homecoming if they continue doing what they are doing now.

They don't have to bow down to anyone that thinks that they have ownership rights to demand things in regards to the work that they are providing for free because of their love for the game.

Did you even read the rest of the post you pulled that single line out of?

On 11/5/2020 at 1:16 AM, Wavicle said:

It is unclear if it is a bug that getting the PD badge from the Freebies menu NOT unlocking the LRTP is a bug.

It is possible that the one character I have that DID get it in that way did so during Build 1.  I'm not sure.

Totally clear now. I was tired when I was trying to read it. 

Would read better as

New Accolade: Long Range Teleporter

• LongRangeTeleporter.png.4970195b31b9e2546510622430b293f0.png Long Range Teleporter
    • Long Range Teleport has been removed from the Teleportation pool and is now an Accolade power
    • 2s activation time, 10 minute cooldown (activation time is longer in PvP)
      • Activation time reduced from 12s to 2s
    • One zone exploration accolade is needed to unlock the power itself
    • Collecting any exploration badge in a zone will unlock it as a destination
    • Every zone with a base portal can be unlocked as a Long Range Teleporter destination (see the above list for reference)
    • Long Range Teleporter drops you at the base portal in the target zone
    • Long Range Teleporter can also take you to your base, and allows you to use /enterbasefrompasscode to enter any base
    • Known issue: Most of the text relating to this feature is outdated
Edited by UltraAlt

2 hours ago, Blackbird71 said:

Did you even read the rest of the post you pulled that single line out of?

Yes. But I was tired at the time apparently based on another post.

Edited by UltraAlt

Tested today.

Made a new character.

Did not purchase any P2W teleport powers.

Went to the Pocket D. Couldn't find the "Big Time" exploration badge (I couldn't figure out how to get to  where Paragon Wiki says it is located because I was too sleepy to click the link showing me where it was located apparently). Went into the Ski Lodge and gained the "Trucker" exploration badge.

Went to Talos, and gained the Minotaur badge.

Went to Atlas and gained the Atlas Tour Guide Accolade.

Character now has access to the Long Range Teleporter with access to Atlas, Talos, and the Pocket D

Hi, missed a few days so please excuse if this is being sorted or discussed already.

LRTP power goes into cooldown if I open it and then cancel out without using it.

I wanted to check on my unlocked progress and what targets I had available to use, was then going to finish a tell and then use it.

But just clicking on the  power icon and then cancelling out puts it into the 10 minute cooldown.

So just wasted a tp option.

Is this being changed so cooldown happens when I use the power not just open it?

Thanks