Focused Feedback: Travel Updates: Base Teleportation, Long Range Teleporter Accolade, Special TP Powers

On 10/24/2020 at 8:44 AM, Jimmy said:
  • You can also use /popmenu FastTravel in a keybind, macro, etc to access this menu
    • eg: /bind t popmenu FastTravel will open this menu when you press T, so pressing "T, O" will quickly open an Ouro portal at your feet

image.png.33ef6953e80dab3fe9eb9c72359148be.png

Will this popmenu be editable by players? If not, is there any chance you could change Ouroboros hot key to "Quroboros Portal" since most of the hotkeys are centralized on the left side of the keyboard for ease of access playing M+K.

23 minutes ago, zenblack said:

Will this popmenu be editable by players? If not, is there any chance you could change Ouroboros hot key to "Quroboros Portal" since most of the hotkeys are centralized on the left side of the keyboard for ease of access playing M+K.

Not sure if you can edit it, but you can make your own.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

2 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Not sure if you can edit it, but you can make your own.

To expand on this a tad, as I understand it you could take the code Jimmy posted in that link, edit it, and put it in the right folder within the data folder (e.g. data\texts\English\Menus) and as long as the menu name is the same, it would replace the built-in fast travel menu. I know I've done similar with the 'freebies' menu on Beta, but I think it would work in this case too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

To expand on this a tad, as I understand it you could take the code Jimmy posted in that link, edit it, and put it in the right folder within the data folder (e.g. data\texts\English\Menus) and as long as the menu name is the same, it would replace the built-in fast travel menu. I know I've done similar with the 'freebies' menu on Beta, but I think it would work in this case too.

Perfect that is exactly what I wanted. I already had a teleport menu all set up so if it's just a replace then that is easy to customize.

• City Council
36 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Yup, this is correct - if you save it there as FastTravel.mnu it'll override the default one.

• Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• City Council

Build 3 - November 7th, 2020

Travel Updates: Base Teleportation, Long Range Teleporter Accolade, Special TP Powers

A strange energy spike in Galaxy City reached the old Supergroup Portal and caused a cascade overload in the entire Teleport network. Most of the damage has been repaired, but destinations in temporal flux have been lost to the past. DJ Zero was called in to establish the new portal in his Pocket Dimension, and as a courtesy he also set up portals in two other dimensions: Praetoria and The Shadow Shard. Vanguard has requested further restrictions of traffic near Paragon Heights while their investigation is in progress.

Fast Travel Menu

• By acquiring Long Range Teleporter or any of the powers in this menu you will unlock the Fast Travel macro accolade (similar to the Architect Commlink)
    • This lists the various unlockable zone teleportation powers so they don't take up space in your power trays
  • Clicking the 281168755_TeleporterPopmenu.png.65fc58e8b615ae49d7ac718fc1e1c38e.png Fast Travel icon will open up this menu
    • Powers that are are on cooldown or that you do not own (or have no charges of) will be greyed out
    • Portal powers (eg: Ouro) will be automatically summoned at your feet so you don't need to click again
    • Each option has a keyboard shortcut whilst the menu is open (the white letters)
  • You can also use /popmenu FastTravel in a keybind, macro, etc to access this menu
    • eg: /bind t popmenu FastTravel will open this menu when you press T, so pressing "T, O" will quickly open an Ouro portal at your feet

image.png.33ef6953e80dab3fe9eb9c72359148be.png

Base Access

• The GM-only command /enterbasefrompasscode is no longer available for players to use unconditionally, and can now only be used:
    • Within 45 feet of a base portal (including the new summoned portals)
    • Anywhere inside a Supergroup base
    • After using the Base Transporter / Base Teleporter power
      • The command remains available until you move 20 feet from the location you used the power, or if you activate another power
  • Two new powers which summon portable base portals have been added, and base teleporter powers have received some improvements (see below for details)

Base Beacons 

• All base beacons now drop you near the base portal in that zone instead of at a random location on the map
  • The following zones have had base beacons added:
    • Praetoria
      • Imperial City
      • Neutropolis
      • Nova Praetoria
    • The Shadow Shard:
      • Cascade Archipelago
      • Firebase Zulu
      • The Chantry
      • The Storm Palace
  • The following zones have had their beacons removed:
    • Echo: Dark Astoria
      • These beacons will now be directed to Dark Astoria
    • Echo: Galaxy City
      • These beacons have been destroyed by an energy spike of unknown origin
    • Note: Both of these zones can still be accessed through Ouroboros

Base Portals

• All zones with a base beacon now also have a base portal
  • Base portals in the Rogue Isles are now red, and the new Praetorian base portals are gold
  • Base portals no longer have collision (so you can't get stuck in them anymore)
  • The following base portals have been moved to more convenient locations:
    • Kings Row
      • Moved down to ground level
    • Skyway City
      • Moved up to the small park with Synapse and Mynx, near the Monorail
    • Independence Port
      • Moved slightly to be right next to the Monorail, allowing easy access to both sides of the zone
    • Peregrine Island
      • Moved down to ground level
    • Nerva Archipelago
      • Moved slightly to be right next to the Black Helicopter line, allowing easy access to both sides of the zone
    • Grandville
      • Moved down from the top of the tower to the main square
  • The following zones have had base portals added:
    • Hazard Zones:
      • Striga Isle
      • Perez Park
      • Boomtown
      • Crey's Folly
      • Eden
      • Terra Volta
      • The Hollows
    • The Shadow Shard
      • Cascade Archipelago
      • Firebase Zulu
      • The Chantry
      • The Storm Palace
    • Praetoria
      • Imperial City
      • Neutropolis
      • Nova Praetoria
      • First Ward
      • Night Ward
  • The following zones have had their base portals removed:
    • Echo: Galaxy City
  • Complete list of zones with base beacons & base portals:
Spoiler
  • Paragon City
    • Atlas Park
    • Kings Row
    • The Hollows
    • Perez Park
    • Skyway City
    • Steel Canyon
    • Boomtown
    • Faultline
    • Talos Island
    • Striga Isle
    • Independence Port
    • Terra Volta
    • Croatoa
    • Brickstown
    • Crey's Folly
    • Founders' Falls
    • Eden
    • Rikti War Zone
    • Kallisti Wharf
    • Peregrine Island
    • Dark Astoria
  • Extradimensional
    • Pocket D
    • Cascade Archipelago
    • Firebase Zulu
    • The Chantry
    • The Storm Palace
  • The Rogue Isles
    • Mercy Island
    • Port Oakes
    • Cap au Diable
    • Sharkhead Isle
    • Nerva Archipelago
    • St. Martial
    • Grandville
  • Praetoria
    • Imperial City
    • Neutropolis
    • Nova Praetoria
    • First Ward
    • Night Ward

New Accolade Power: Long Range Teleporter

• LongRangeTeleporter.png.4970195b31b9e2546510622430b293f0.png Long Range Teleporter
    • The Pocket D VIP Pass power has been significantly improved and is now the Long Range Teleporter
      • If you previously owned Pocket D VIP Pass, you will now have the Long Range Teleporter with Pocket D unlocked as a destination
    • Unlock the Long Range Teleporter power by earning either:
      • An exploration accolade in any zone with a Base Portal (see the above list for reference), or
      • The Pocket D VIP Gold Club Member badge (for spending 1 hour in Pocket D)
    • Long Range Teleporter can be used once to teleport you to any zone that you have unlocked
      • Collecting any exploration badge in a zone will unlock it as a destination
      • Pocket D can also be unlocked with the Pocket D VIP Gold Club Member badge
      • Only zones with base portals can be unlocked (see the above list for reference)
    • Long Range Teleporter has a 2s activation time and a 10 minute cooldown
      • Activation time is longer in PvP
      • If you activate Long Range Teleporter and do not use it, the cooldown will still begin counting down but the power can still be used again until you zone
        • This is indicated by the red ring around the power
        • Note that even if you zone without using LRT, it will still go on cooldown - it's not possible to determine if you zone with the power or not
        • Examples:

• You activate the power. Spend 60 seconds looking at the options before clicking one. When you zone, the power will be on cooldown with 9 minutes left.

• You activate the power. You don't zone. Two minutes later you activate it again and zone. The power will go on cooldown with 10 minutes left (each activation resets the timer).

• You activate the power, then keep running around the zone for five minutes. Then you use a monorail or whatever to go to a different zone. The power will go on cooldown with 5 minutes left

• Long Range Teleporter can also take you to your base, and allows you to use /enterbasefrompasscode to enter any base

New Supergroup Portal Power

• BasePortal.png.5989e719ab4845bd2a3cd51823b5218e.png Supergroup Portal (New P2W Power)
    • Available from P2W for 10 million influence
    • Summons a base portal on the ground that lasts for 2 minutes (even after you leave the zone)
      • Duration increased from 90s to 2 minutes
    • 10 minute cooldown, unaffected by global recharge buffs
    • Cannot be used in Tutorial or PvP Zones
      • Can now be used in Ouroboros
    • Summoning a base portal will remove other summoned portals within a 15ft radius (to avoid blocking contacts, doors, etc)
    • A Day Job version of this power has also been added (see below)

Day Job Teleportation Powers

• DayJob_Teleport.png.e08e3e543d3b7af908dd5f0fd0436e75.png Monitor Duty Teleporter (Day Job Power)
    • This power no longer requires the Rapid Response Member Accolade to earn, and has replaced the Monitor Duty (Brain Storm boost) day job power
    • This power has been renamed from Base Teleporter to Monitor Duty Teleporter (to match the badge it is connected to)
    • Recharge time reduced from 600s to 30s
      • This would be 0s, but we wanted to prevent accidental double usage as this power has limited charges
    • Activation time reduced from 17s to 2s in PvE (still longer in PvP)
  • DayJob_BasePortal.png.1a5fd02dfea47be7e7b7f18462dfd923.png Rapid Response Portal (New Day Job Power)
    • A new day job power which replaces the Base Teleporter Power
    • Summons a base portal on the ground that lasts for 2 minutes (even after you leave the zone)
    • 90 second cooldown
    • Cannot be used in Tutorial or PvP Zones
    • Summoning a base portal will remove other summoned portals within a 15ft radius (to avoid blocking contacts, doors, etc)
  • The Day Trader Teleporter and Marketeer's Teleporter day job powers have been replaced by the Brain Storm boost day job power (which itself was replaced by the Monitor Duty Teleporter, which was replaced by the Rapid Response Member portal...)

Other Teleportation Powers

• screenshot_200919-20-21-01_crop.png.8968c65792e978a90f2eba5701cbf5a9.png Base Transporter (P2W Power)
    • Recharge time reduced from 30 minutes to 10 minutes
    • No longer affected by global recharge buffs
    • Activation time reduced from 17s to 2s in PvE (still longer in PvP)
  • Teleportation_Ouroboros.png.ecf90b49828b085eab524f14f6cf951c.png Ouroboros Portal
    • Can now be summoned and entered from level 1, rather than level 14
    • Can now be summoned while flying (but must still target the ground)
    • Now lasts 2 minutes instead of 5 minutes, but will remain in place after you leave the zone
    • Can no longer be used inside mission maps while the "No Temporary Powers" flag is enabled (eg: during Master Of attempts)
      • This was a side-effect of allowing base portals to be summoned in Ouroboros
      • Ouroboros portals summoned within 15ft of the static Ouroboros portals in Ouroboros will be instantly destroyed (Supergroup portals are not affected by this)
    • Summoning an Ouroboros Portal will now remove other summoned Ouroboros Portals within a 15ft radius (to avoid blocking contacts, doors, etc)
  • Inherent_TeamTransport_New.png.2eada855fdeed8602e3bc48a1d54e1d5.png Team Transporter (P2W Power)
    • Can now be summoned while flying (but must still target the ground)
    • This power has a new icon to match the other prestige teleportation powers
  • MissionTeleporter_New.png.c1141d67b70eff3ecd527dd821308536.png Mission Transporter (P2W Power)
    • Activation time reduced from 15s to 10s
  • AssembleTheTeam_New.png.ae6987fe3918b5e2bab6929d704b2f4f.png Assemble the Team (P2W Power)
  • Teleportation_Wentworths.png.b06db847beef10e01bfda47435fe3917.png Auction House Teleporters
    • The purchasable Auction House teleporter powers have been removed from the Auction House
    • These powers had numerous bugs, and teleporting directly to the auction house isn't that useful with the /ah command available

TUNNEL Network

• The Hero and Villain TUNNEL networks have been merged together
    • Vigilantes and Rogues will now see both Hero and Villain zones in the list
    • Heroes, Villains, Vigilantes, Rogues and Praetorians can now all use the same portals in co-op zones
  • TUNNEL can now be used by Praetorians
    • Praetorians will only be able to access zones in Praetoria

Free Fire Zone (PvP) Helicopter Line

• All helicopters to and from PvP zones are now connected (including new helicopters in Siren's Call near the Hero Hospital and in Peregrine Island near the arena)
    • Added a Free Fire Zone Helicopter to Peregrine Island, near the Arena
  • You can also use it to travel between the connected PVE zones, but only those that match your current alignment
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Ok i am now at the point of trying to wrap my head around things so i can set up characters to have the most done before these things go live. But i have questions.

First of all, the two day job changes that grant a Day Job base teleport and portal power require what badges exactly? Is it patroller and monitor duty? 

So if i have a character that i have bought the pocket D teleporter for, does that purchase convert to the LRTP power with the new issue, or do i just lose it and have to earn the 1 hour badge in Pocket D to get the LRTP that way? (or with travel accolade) Guess what i am wondering is do i unlock LRTP just dropping cash at the p2w vendor or do i need to get an accolade or do the 1 hour in purgatory. 

Now it looks like from the pictures that have been put up that ALL the travel options are on that menu regardless of it you have earned them or not. That grey ones are unavailable due to not having them or being on cool down? So if this is right, will the beta countdown powers continue to work on the powers in this popup window or will they just remain grey until they recharge? I ask because it would be nice to know without having to leave the base powers in my main bar how much time is left on cooldown. For things like team teleport that still have long cooldowns. 

I think that is it for now. 

22 minutes ago, Wavicle said:
  • Long Range Teleporter can also take you to your base, and allows you to use /enterbasefrompasscode to enter any base

I have yet to see this actually functioning. What do you have to do to get Your Base on the LRTP list?

The /ebfp command itself works while the LRTP window is open. I don't think it can be made to appear on the travel window (at this point).

• City Council
8 minutes ago, Vanden said:

I'm not particularly happy to see the Wentworths and Black Market teleporters deprecated; any chance they can be added to LRT as destinations with a badge unlock? Say, the 1000 sales badge?

Considering that /ah is available from anywhere in a static map, and LRT currently puts you 100yds from the Kings Row Wentworths and 146yds from the Cap au Diable Black Market if you need to physically go there for a Day Job, I don't see the point in complicating an already long menu with multiple locations on the same map.

12 minutes ago, Faultline said:

Considering that /ah is available from anywhere in a static map, and LRT currently puts you 100yds from the Kings Row Wentworths and 146yds from the Cap au Diable Black Market if you need to physically go there for a Day Job, I don't see the point in complicating an already long menu with multiple locations on the same map.

The point would be soothing the anxiety of an old fart who's afraid of change

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The amount of attention and effort the Team has put in to this particular quality of life balancing act is very inspiring.

I do find myself deeply curious about what the hack was that @Jimmy discovered to make the timer change.  Deeply curious!

Obviously giving away any information which is protected under ncsoft's ownership would be ill-advised, but even a colourful analogy would be delightful to have!

With the addition of the PvP Holicopter linkage, I foresee St. Martial becoming my primary travel hub for Redside.  If only there were a way to quickly get from the Giza/hospital over to the south-western Arachnos fort . . . hmm . . . 

Ok just some fun info - Just managed to get all LRTP destinations on a level 1 toon. Took about an hour and a half. Not that I was really trying to set a speed record. More just curios how hard it would be. Very reminiscent of Hollows runs to missions in the early years of live. Got ganked a few times. Dark Astoria and Shadow Shards were particularly risky. One agro and pfft - quick trip to hospital. On the other hand it taught me dieing can be kind of a convenient option to get to your base if your other TP powers are on cooldown. Kind of machoistic. But hey it works 🙂. Might raise the demand for the P2W self-destruct powers lol.  I will also bet there is going to be a demand for 'Badge Tours' where a higher level toon sidekicks a team up to 50 and then just leads a tour to various zones for lowbies to get exploration badges with little to no risk. Anyway, it was kind of a fun challenge. Yes would not look forward to doing that on every brand new toon. But, if it can be done at level 1 fairly easily, it can only be easier as you level. 

What seems to be working pretty well for me on new toons is;

1. Turn on Sprint, Go to P2W vendor and get/turn on the free Athletic Run. Get a Jump Pack for the couple badges at higher elevations. 

2. Get Atlas exploration badges for Fast Travel, and LRTP

3. Use Atlas Tunnel to go to Nightward. Go to scary house to get Midnighters Club and exploration badges.

4. Go back to Nightward Tunnel, Go to Founders Falls. Jump in canal and use water path for safe trip to Midnighters Club there. (While you are there also pick up the exploration badge right in that same plaza area.)

5. Enter Midnighters Club and go to Cimerora to get O-port.

6. Use O-port to go to Talos. The O-port practically drops you on top of an exploration badge on top of the hill. (Now your LRTP has Atlas, Nightward, Founders Falls, and Talos. And you have Oport as an alternative if LRTP is on cooldown.)

7. Then just start working out of Talos Tram and Tunnel systems to get desired exploration badges. The Tram/Tunnels wont get you all of the LRTP destinations. There are a few in Praetoria and Hazard Zones that you will need to travel to or use base beacons to reach. And... as far as I can tell, it looks like only way to get the Pocket D destination is just to logout there to get the Day Job badge (Ummm actually, if you got Atlas exploration badges in step 2, I think all you have to do is get 1 PD exploration badge to unlock it. So don't need to logout in PD for an hour to get DJ badge.). As for the loss of the Wentworths port, I was a little concerned. That is usually where I parked my toons. However, I just made a /macro AH "ah" and now I don't have to go to WW at all. WW comes to me... kind of  like Amazon took over management or something 🙂 .

screenshot_201107-21-03-43.jpg

Edited by JAMMan0000
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 10/24/2020 at 5:44 AM, Jimmy said:

• If you activate Long Range Teleporter and do not use it, the cooldown will still begin counting down but the power can still be used again until you zone
        • This is indicated by the red ring around the power
        • Note that even if you zone without using LRT, it will still go on cooldown - it's not possible to determine if you zone with the power or not
        •  

Weird thing, seems like a bug: This new feature seems only to work if you actually have the LRTP icon in you tray. Just clicking it from the Fast Travel menu does not work, at least not on my current test character.

I think pretty much all the proposed changes in this issue are awesome. This one, however:

The GM-only command /enterbasefrompasscode is no longer available for players to use unconditionally, and can now only be used:

is horrible. I really enjoy this super convenient access to all the zones. No amount of partial replacement to this option will be as good or convenient. Two thumbs down on this feature being removed.  Just my two cents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwgemster said:

I think pretty much all the proposed changes in this issue are awesome. This one, however:

The GM-only command /enterbasefrompasscode is no longer available for players to use unconditionally, and can now only be used:

is horrible. I really enjoy this super convenient access to all the zones. No amount of partial replacement to this option will be as good or convenient. Two thumbs down on this feature being removed.  Just my two cents.

It was always going to be removed. They said so a year ago. In fact, it would have been disabled last year but only recently did they discover an exploit that required pushing a fix through as soon as they could get a workable solution. You can technically still use the code as long as you're close to an SG portal so you can visit the "saved" bases you have in your macro.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

1 hour ago, ForeverLaxx said:

It was always going to be removed. They said so a year ago. In fact, it would have been disabled last year but only recently did they discover an exploit that required pushing a fix through as soon as they could get a workable solution. You can technically still use the code as long as you're close to an SG portal so you can visit the "saved" bases you have in your macro.

You are assuming they did not know that already.  They asked to hear from more people on this subject, so let the people provide feedback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• City Council
16 hours ago, QuiJon said:

First of all, the two day job changes that grant a Day Job base teleport and portal power require what badges exactly? Is it patroller and monitor duty? 

For the personal base teleporter day job power (Monitor Duty Teleporter), you just log off next to a base portal. No badges are required to earn the power, but if you own the Monitor Duty badge, the rate at which you earn charges whilst logged off is increased (this mirrors the behaviour of all basic day job powers).

For the base portal day job power (Rapid Response Portal), you just log off next to a base portal after earning the Rapid Response Member badge. Once you have this badge you'll earn both powers when logging off next to a base portal (this mirrors the behaviour of all accolade day job powers).

(Those wiki pages will need updating once i27 goes live)

So if i have a character that i have bought the pocket D teleporter for, does that purchase convert to the LRTP power with the new issue, or do i just lose it and have to earn the 1 hour badge in Pocket D to get the LRTP that way? (or with travel accolade) Guess what i am wondering is do i unlock LRTP just dropping cash at the p2w vendor or do i need to get an accolade or do the 1 hour in purgatory. 

You won't have to earn it again. If you have the Pocket D VIP power and/or badge when this patch goes live you will automatically unlock LRTP with Pocket D as a destination.

New characters can earn it either by gaining one exploration accolade or by earning the Pocket D VIP badge for spending an hour in Pocket D.

Now it looks like from the pictures that have been put up that ALL the travel options are on that menu regardless of it you have earned them or not. That grey ones are unavailable due to not having them or being on cool down? So if this is right, will the beta countdown powers continue to work on the powers in this popup window or will they just remain grey until they recharge? I ask because it would be nice to know without having to leave the base powers in my main bar how much time is left on cooldown. For things like team teleport that still have long cooldowns. 

Unfortunately the timers will not be present in the popmenu. It would be nice but it's just not feasible right now.

• City Council
4 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Weird thing, seems like a bug: This new feature seems only to work if you actually have the LRTP icon in you tray. Just clicking it from the Fast Travel menu does not work, at least not on my current test character.

I can't reproduce this - would you be able to post a bug report thread with detailed reproduction steps?

If you mean the red ring doesn't appear, then unfortunately that's not something we're able to fix - it's not a proper power icon in the popmenu (same reason why /macroimage buttons don't show cooldowns).

• City Council
10 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

I do find myself deeply curious about what the hack was that @Jimmy discovered to make the timer change.  Deeply curious!

A basic explanation of how it works:

When you use Long Range Teleporter, it grants you two invisible powers: Power A and Power B.

• Power A
    • Sits there and does nothing but exist
    • Is flagged to disappear when you zone
  • Power B
    • Immediately refreshes the LRT cooldown
    • Gives LRT a red ring
    • Sits there, counting the seconds that pass
    • Waits for Power A to disappear (ie: when you zone), at which point it:
      • Sets the LRT cooldown to 10 minutes minus the amount of seconds it's already counted
      • Removes itself
  • Thanks 6