Focused Feedback: Travel Updates: Base Teleportation, Long Range Teleporter Accolade, Special TP Powers

19 hours ago, Wavicle said:

It is when you consider that I have over fifty toons and I’m sure many people have many more than that.

Yep. I do. I'm not complaining about it.

I'm moving my characters around and getting prepared for it.

It isn't going to be unlocked account wide.

Like other powers in the game, you have to earn it one way or another per character.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 11/10/2020 at 2:56 AM, UltraAlt said:

I think you are confusing the Pocket D VIP pass with the Pocket D VIP Gold Club Member Badge.

The Pocket D VIP Gold Club Member Badge was a perk for buying the Good versus Evil edition. 

This has never been on Homecoming.

The Pocket D VIP pass (which is the icon that is used for the Pocket D teleporter here on Homecoming) which was always based on spending 1 hour in the Pocket D <-- this was never account wide.

You could purchase it from the P2W vendor.

Now it falls under the Long Range Teleport power (unlocking one exploration accolade unlocks this - just ran around in Atlas for the Atlas Tour Guide Accolade and it took about 5 minutes).

To gain the Pocket D teleport under the Long Range Teleporter, you only have to have one exploration badge in the Pocket D.

This is simply not hard to do. (I am not complaining and I'm working through my 70+ characters to unlock it on all of them in preparation for the change on live)

I also forgot to point out that they are not taking away the base teleport that can take you from your base directly to the Pocket D.

Check out my post :: UltraAlt's Guide to preparing for the removal of the base teleport macro

On live the pocket D VIP Gold Club was a badge that was only granted by either buying the box or upgrading through NC Soft to the Good V Evil edition of the game. It granted access to the gold lounge and gave you Pocket D vIp Teleporter that brought you into the tiki room. Homecoming not having those updates from the past, awards the badge for Gold Member based on spending time in Pocket D rather then purchasing an upgrade for your account. They award that teleport power for free through the P2W vendor if you have that badge. It is the same power as the one in the Good Vs Evil edition. It is the same badge that can be earned. And on live it was earned and activated for your entire account at once. 

So again, we get that it is not being done this way, and has not been done this way on Homecoming. But my comment was more so that there is no reason why it should not be done that way being that would be much more in line with how it was award on live rather then having to earn it on every character you make. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, thunderforce said:

To be fair, it sounds to me like a rather unusual situation you are in, in that you have 70 or so alts all of which you play regularly, but each of which you only play for a day or perhaps two at a time. It seems unlikely to me this reflects the average impact per player. For example - while I don't suppose I am the typical player either - I have 10 characters who I have played in the last half-year, at least seven of which already have explore accolades or have spent an hour in Pocket D. To unlock LRTP on the remaining three will take 15 minutes, or 5 _seconds_ per day over the next half-year... and the impact of that does depend on whether  I regard the time spent taken getting those accolades as entirely wasted or as something I'd probably do for fun at some point anyway and might as well do now.

However, the suggestion of making it an (expensive?) unlock in the P2W Vendor seems basically harmless; it's an inf sink and it gives people who do have a huge stable of alts a getout, and being able to spend P2W money to shortcut the process of getting a teleporation effect is not unprecedented. This seems like a sensible proposal that's similar to how things work now.

Even given the P2W option, for the most part I'd just spend the time to get the explores and pick up 5 RM in the process.  Where I'd want the P2W option is fairly common for me though.  I see someone advertise a TF, I have some toon that I want the badge for, I say "let me switch", and then end up on a toon I find doesn't have the LRTP power unlocked yet.  Also, if there's a red-side toon I don't want to switch alignment on I might also just fork over the INF if given that "out".  There's no easy to explore zone comparable to Atlas Park red-side or yellow-side.

I have a few questions about LRT and special travel powers in general, sorry if asked already.
You cannot unlock Kallisti as a destination for LRT right ? Because as far as i know Kallisti has no exploration badge and plaques do nothing (hint: there's one at 5875.3 47.6 2110.7)

What's going to happen for iTrials when you're the last one standing in (e.g. MoM nightmare farms) ? Sometimes you get no exit button, and league/team window is gone. Base port was convenient in this case, but i wonder if we'll have another option ?

41 minutes ago, Zed said:

I have a few questions about LRT and special travel powers in general, sorry if asked already.
You cannot unlock Kallisti as a destination for LRT right ? Because as far as i know Kallisti has no exploration badge and plaques do nothing (hint: there's one at 5875.3 47.6 2110.7)

What's going to happen for iTrials when you're the last one standing in (e.g. MoM nightmare farms) ? Sometimes you get no exit button, and league/team window is gone. Base port was convenient in this case, but i wonder if we'll have another option ?

There is an exploration badge for Kallisti Wharf in the Issue 27 beta, which lets you unlock it for LRT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, csr said:

Even given the P2W option, for the most part I'd just spend the time to get the explores and pick up 5 RM in the process.  Where I'd want the P2W option is fairly common for me though.  I see someone advertise a TF, I have some toon that I want the badge for, I say "let me switch", and then end up on a toon I find doesn't have the LRTP power unlocked yet.  Also, if there's a red-side toon I don't want to switch alignment on I might also just fork over the INF if given that "out".  There's no easy to explore zone comparable to Atlas Park red-side or yellow-side.

I generally go ahead and get the explore accolade for cap on every toon as I'm already touring the better part of it to get the plaques for the accolade powers. If you go to the plaque in the southwest after you pop in at the globe one it's a pretty straightforward path around to wind up at the helicopter for the trip to nerva north and the badge you need there for accolades.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 4:33 PM, Dombloo said:

My vote goes towards lowering the Supergroup Portal veteran power to 5 minutes (affected by recharge, same as Ouroboros Portal).

Or as an alternate suggestion, add a Supergroup Portal right there in Ouroboros off to the side on one of those empty ledges. Bam. Characters can port to Oro under the same timing and rules, and then hit the enterbasefrom macro most of us already have. From the base you can drop out anywhere you could before. The extra travel powers become situational, like when you know it is faster to go that route and the recharge is just sitting there. Between those and the Oro power, there is no need to reduce times. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 4:32 PM, csr said:

No harm in becoming a rogue and traveling to Altas to get the badges.

After the update, there will be Gold-side teleport badges.

I'm not going to call Praetorians yellow, makes them sound like they are a bunch of chickens or scaredy-cats (if you are cat people over there.)

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 11/11/2020 at 11:36 PM, Keovar said:

Could Praetorians be allowed in Kallisti Wharf, and a TUNNEL portal added inside the central building behind the Statesman statue?  If not TUNNEL, then maybe a manhole cover (or either the truck Null is perched on, or even the floating one) connection could reach from Pocket D to Kallisti Wharf.  
KW is where you run costume contests and the like, which low-level or 'never leave' Praetorians have no access to.  

I know. Like a base teleport to get there is too complicated.

/e shrug

After the  update, you will be able to teleport back to Praetoria as well. I think there will be at least 3 Praetorian zones with base beacons.

On 11/11/2020 at 8:17 PM, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

I generally go ahead and get the explore accolade for cap on every toon as I'm already touring the better part of it to get the plaques for the accolade powers. If you go to the plaque in the southwest after you pop in at the globe one it's a pretty straightforward path around to wind up at the helicopter for the trip to nerva north and the badge you need there for accolades.

Yeah.  I try to avoid Atlas Park as much as humanly possible, so Cap au Diable is an excellent alternative.

1 hour ago, Grimjack said:

Can the Fast Travel Macro rather than be chosen off the First letter, by the order they appear in like Inspirations are? 1, 2, 3, etc. Seems much more intuitive and would be consistent with older behaviors.

You can edit the code Jimmy posted to customize it to your liking. I've attached an edited version where the options are numbered sequentially and are activated by their respective number. All you need to do is go to your Homecoming install directory (for example, C:/Games/HC) and put the attached file in 'data\texts\English\menus' (assuming English is your language). If you don't have some or all of the folders in the 'data\texts\English\menus' directory chain you can create them yourself. The attached file goes in the 'menus' folder at the bottom of that directory chain. It will override the built-in version, and it loads when the game starts so if your game is currently running you'll need to exit completely out and restart.

I haven't tested this in-game so I am not 100% sure it will work, but I feel confident that it will. If you need to make any further tweaks you can just open the file in a text editor and tweak it to suit.

FastTravel.mnu

• Thanks 1

Just spent the last several hours skim through this topic.  Glad to see the devs reacted to respectful pushback and strove to improve the Travel Updates.  I've used popmenus a lot and will likely give /customwindow a try.

BTW, if you want your /customwindow's to persist over City client runs, here's what you do (from https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Paragon_Chat 😞

/customwindow name
Creates a custom macro window titled name. Displays macros that are available across all characters. This window will only persist if your installation folder contains a /data/customwindows folder (create one if you don't have one already).

I too will be sad to see the end of the Pocket D teleport power, which I've had since adding in the Good-vs-Evil Edition to my existing combo of the Collector's DVD Edition of City of Heroes and the release edition of City of Villains (it was a long time ago https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Disc_Releases ).

I did find it fun to teleport into the Tiki Club.  @Jimmy is right about it causing the Tiki Band to run away.  Sometimes I came in the back door as they were all running out right past me. 🙂

On 10/31/2020 at 9:08 AM, Jimmy said:

I should also mention something else: The back door that the Pocket D VIP Pass used actually caused the Tiki Band to despawn.

As LRT uses the base portal location instead, this is no longer an issue, so this change also has the side benefit of allowing the Tiki Band to be present far more often 🎵
image.thumb.png.00469e2224e7055174cfa954e81de593.png

On 10/26/2020 at 9:56 AM, QuiJon said:

From a lore stand point since the game was introduced we have had emergency teleporters that took us to hospitals.

On 10/26/2020 at 10:05 AM, Jimmy said:

With a debt cost.

Perhaps we should've just applied one death's worth of debt when you use the command? 😉

And thus was the newer faster way to grind Debt badges created. 😄

Edited by Jacke

On 10/24/2020 at 11:22 AM, BurtHutt said:

This. And removing the SG travel hub kinda sucks. I think the Dev underestimates how much this improved gameplay for many - it sure did for me. There are so many old missions, TFs etc that involved a lot of needless running around and were nothing more than time sinks. I stopped playing most of that content until the SG transport hub was made. 

I guess I'll wait and see how these changes look but yeah...not feeling too optimistic about it.

I'm curious on how many of the Shard TF's will be run once the sgpasscode goes away. I literally fall asleep traveling in those zones.

I joined one of the Shard TF's and everyone was using the sgpasscode and I didn't know about it at the time. I felt like dead weight the entire TF.

10 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

I'm curious on how many of the Shard TF's will be run once the sgpasscode goes away. I literally fall asleep traveling in those zones.

I joined one of the Shard TF's and everyone was using the sgpasscode and I didn't know about it at the time. I felt like dead weight the entire TF.

To me, it's been a game changer. We're not getting many new missions or actual things to do and a lot of what we have involves way too much pointless running around. It's old, lame game design. The travel hubs have made it palatable. 

• City Council

Release Candidate 1 - November 13th, 2020

Travel Updates: Base Teleportation, Long Range Teleporter Accolade, Special TP Powers

A strange energy spike in Galaxy City reached the old Supergroup Portal and caused a cascade overload in the entire Teleport network. Most of the damage has been repaired, but destinations in temporal flux have been lost to the past. DJ Zero was called in to establish the new portal in his Pocket Dimension, and as a courtesy he also set up portals in two other dimensions: Praetoria and The Shadow Shard. Vanguard has requested further restrictions of traffic near Paragon Heights while their investigation is in progress.

Fast Travel Menu

• By acquiring Long Range Teleporter or any of the powers in this menu you will unlock the Fast Travel macro accolade (similar to the Architect Commlink)
    • This lists the various unlockable zone teleportation powers so they don't take up space in your power trays
  • Clicking the 281168755_TeleporterPopmenu.png.65fc58e8b615ae49d7ac718fc1e1c38e.png Fast Travel icon will open up this menu
    • Powers that are are on cooldown or that you do not own (or have no charges of) will be greyed out
    • Portal powers (eg: Ouro) will be automatically summoned at your feet so you don't need to click again
    • Each option has a keyboard shortcut whilst the menu is open (the white letters)
  • You can also use /popmenu FastTravel in a keybind, macro, etc to access this menu
    • eg: /bind t popmenu FastTravel will open this menu when you press T, so pressing "T, O" will quickly open an Ouro portal at your feet

image.png.33ef6953e80dab3fe9eb9c72359148be.png

Base Access

• The GM-only command /enterbasefrompasscode has been adjusted, and now be used under any of the following conditions:
    • Within 45 feet of a base portal (including the new summoned portals)
    • Anywhere inside a Supergroup base
    • After using Long Range Teleporter, Base Transporter (P2W) or Monitor Duty Teleporter (Day Job)
      • The command remains available until you move 20 feet from the location you used the power, or if you activate another power
  • Base teleportation has been expanded with many new portals and destinations, and the drop locations in most zones have been adjusted
  • New powers which summon portable base portals have been added (see below for details)

Base Beacons 

• All base beacons now drop you near the base portal in that zone instead of at a random location on the map
  • The following zones have had base beacons added:
    • Praetoria
      • Imperial City
      • Neutropolis
      • Nova Praetoria
    • The Shadow Shard:
      • Cascade Archipelago
      • Firebase Zulu
      • The Chantry
      • The Storm Palace
  • The following zones have had their beacons removed:
    • Echo: Dark Astoria
      • These beacons will now be directed to Dark Astoria
    • Echo: Galaxy City
      • These beacons have been destroyed by an energy spike of unknown origin
    • Note: Both of these zones can still be accessed through Ouroboros
  • Supergroup Base Teleport Beacons once again check for alignment, and should no longer allow Praetorians to briefly zone into Primal Earth zones

Base Portals

• All zones with a base beacon now also have a base portal
  • Base portals in the Rogue Isles are now red, and the new Praetorian base portals are gold
  • Base portals no longer have collision (so you can't get stuck inside them anymore)
  • The following base portals have been moved to more convenient locations:
    • Kings Row
      • Moved down to ground level
    • Skyway City
      • Moved up to the small park with Synapse and Mynx, near the Monorail
    • Independence Port
      • Moved slightly to be right next to the Monorail, allowing easy access to both sides of the zone
    • Peregrine Island
      • Moved down to ground level
    • Nerva Archipelago
      • Moved slightly to be right next to the Black Helicopter line, allowing easy access to both sides of the zone
    • Grandville
      • Moved down from the top of the tower to the main square
  • The following zones have had base portals added:
    • Hazard Zones:
      • Striga Isle
      • Perez Park
      • Boomtown
      • Crey's Folly
      • Eden
      • Terra Volta
      • The Hollows
    • The Shadow Shard
      • Cascade Archipelago
      • Firebase Zulu
      • The Chantry
      • The Storm Palace
    • Praetoria
      • Imperial City
      • Neutropolis
      • Nova Praetoria
      • First Ward
      • Night Ward
  • The following zones have had their base portals removed:
    • Echo: Galaxy City
  • Complete list of zones with base beacons & base portals:
Spoiler
  • Paragon City
    • Atlas Park
    • Kings Row
    • The Hollows
    • Perez Park
    • Skyway City
    • Steel Canyon
    • Boomtown
    • Faultline
    • Talos Island
    • Striga Isle
    • Independence Port
    • Terra Volta
    • Croatoa
    • Brickstown
    • Crey's Folly
    • Founders' Falls
    • Eden
    • Rikti War Zone
    • Kallisti Wharf
    • Peregrine Island
    • Dark Astoria
  • Extradimensional
    • Pocket D
    • Cascade Archipelago
    • Firebase Zulu
    • The Chantry
    • The Storm Palace
  • The Rogue Isles
    • Mercy Island
    • Port Oakes
    • Cap au Diable
    • Sharkhead Isle
    • Nerva Archipelago
    • St. Martial
    • Grandville
  • Praetoria
    • Imperial City
    • Neutropolis
    • Nova Praetoria
    • First Ward
    • Night Ward

New Accolade Power: Long Range Teleporter

• LongRangeTeleporter.png.4970195b31b9e2546510622430b293f0.png Long Range Teleporter
    • The Pocket D VIP Pass power has been significantly improved and is now the Long Range Teleporter
      • If you previously owned Pocket D VIP Pass, you will now have the Long Range Teleporter with Pocket D unlocked as a destination
    • Long Range Teleporter is unlocked by the Passport Accolade, which can be acquired by earning:
      • An exploration accolade in any zone with a Base Portal (see the above list for reference), or
      • The Pocket D VIP Gold Club Member badge (for spending 1 hour in Pocket D)
    • Long Range Teleporter can be used once to teleport you to any zone that you have unlocked
      • Collecting any exploration badge in a zone will unlock it as a destination
      • Pocket D can also be unlocked with the Pocket D VIP Gold Club Member badge
      • Only zones with base portals can be unlocked (see the above list for reference)
    • Long Range Teleporter has a 2s activation time and a 10 minute cooldown
      • Activation time is longer in PvP
    • If you activate Long Range Teleporter and do not use it, the cooldown will still begin counting down but the power can still be used again until you zone
      • This is indicated by the red ring around the power
      • Note that even if you zone without using LRT, it will still go on cooldown - it's not possible to determine if you zone with the power or not
      • Examples:

• You activate the power. Spend 60 seconds looking at the options before clicking one. When you zone, the power will be on cooldown with 9 minutes left.

• You activate the power. You don't zone. Two minutes later you activate it again and zone. The power will go on cooldown with 10 minutes left (each activation resets the timer).

• You activate the power, then keep running around the zone for five minutes. Then you use a monorail or whatever to go to a different zone. The power will go on cooldown with 5 minutes left

• Fixed this effect not working from the Quick Travel menu if the power wasn't present in any tray

• Long Range Teleporter can also take you to your base, and allows you to use /enterbasefrompasscode to enter any base

New Supergroup Portal Power

• BasePortal.png.5989e719ab4845bd2a3cd51823b5218e.png Supergroup Portal (New P2W Power)
    • Available from P2W for 10 million influence
    • Summons a base portal on the ground that lasts for 2 minutes (even after you leave the zone)
    • 10 minute cooldown, unaffected by global recharge buffs
    • Cannot be used in Tutorial or PvP Zones
    • Summoning a base portal will remove other summoned portals within a 15ft radius (to avoid blocking contacts, doors, etc)
    • A Day Job version of this power has also been added (see below)

Day Job Teleportation Powers

• DayJob_Teleport.png.e08e3e543d3b7af908dd5f0fd0436e75.png Monitor Duty Teleporter (Day Job Power)
    • This power no longer requires the Rapid Response Member Accolade to earn, and has replaced the Monitor Duty (Brain Storm boost) day job power
    • This power has been renamed from Base Teleporter to Monitor Duty Teleporter (to match the badge it is connected to)
    • Recharge time reduced from 600s to 30s
      • This would be 0s, but we wanted to prevent accidental double usage as this power has limited charges
    • Activation time reduced from 17s to 2s in PvE (still longer in PvP)
  • DayJob_BasePortal.png.1a5fd02dfea47be7e7b7f18462dfd923.png Rapid Response Portal (New Day Job Power)
    • A new day job power which replaces the Base Teleporter Power
    • Summons a base portal on the ground that lasts for 2 minutes (even after you leave the zone)
    • 90 second cooldown
    • Cannot be used in Tutorial or PvP Zones
    • Summoning a base portal will remove other summoned portals within a 15ft radius (to avoid blocking contacts, doors, etc)
  • The Day Trader Teleporter and Marketeer's Teleporter day job powers have been replaced by the Brain Storm boost day job power (which itself was replaced by the Monitor Duty Teleporter, which was replaced by the Rapid Response Member portal...)

Other Teleportation Powers

• screenshot_200919-20-21-01_crop.png.8968c65792e978a90f2eba5701cbf5a9.png Base Transporter (P2W Power)
    • Recharge time reduced from 30 minutes to 10 minutes
    • No longer affected by global recharge buffs
    • Activation time reduced from 17s to 2s in PvE (still longer in PvP)
    • If you activate Base Transporter and do not use it, the cooldown will still begin counting down but the power can still be used again until you zone
      • This uses the same behaviour listed above under Long Range Teleporter
  • Teleportation_Ouroboros.png.ecf90b49828b085eab524f14f6cf951c.png Ouroboros Portal
    • Can now be summoned and entered from level 1, rather than level 14, and is much simpler to earn (see the badges section for more info)
    • Can now be summoned while flying (but must still target the ground)
    • Now lasts 2 minutes instead of 5 minutes, but will remain in place after you leave the zone
    • Can no longer be used inside mission maps while the "No Temporary Powers" flag is enabled (eg: during Master Of attempts)
    • Summoning an Ouroboros Portal will now remove other summoned Ouroboros Portals within a 15ft radius (to avoid blocking contacts, doors, etc)
    • Can now be used in Ouroboros
      • This was a side-effect of allowing base portals to be summoned in Ouroboros
      • Ouroboros portals summoned within 15ft of the static Ouroboros portals in Ouroboros will be instantly destroyed (Supergroup portals are not affected by this)
  • Inherent_TeamTransport_New.png.2eada855fdeed8602e3bc48a1d54e1d5.png Team Transporter (P2W Power)
    • Can now be summoned while flying (but must still target the ground)
    • This power has a new icon to match the other prestige teleportation powers
  • MissionTeleporter_New.png.c1141d67b70eff3ecd527dd821308536.png Mission Transporter (P2W Power)
    • Activation time reduced from 15s to 10s
  • AssembleTheTeam_New.png.ae6987fe3918b5e2bab6929d704b2f4f.png Assemble the Team (P2W Power)
  • Teleportation_Wentworths.png.b06db847beef10e01bfda47435fe3917.png Auction House Teleporters
    • The purchasable Auction House teleporter powers have been removed from the Auction House
    • These powers had numerous bugs, and teleporting directly to the auction house isn't that useful with the /ah command available

TUNNEL Network

• The Hero and Villain TUNNEL networks have been merged together
    • Vigilantes and Rogues will now see both Hero and Villain zones in the list
    • Heroes, Villains, Vigilantes, Rogues and Praetorians can now all use the same portals in co-op zones
  • TUNNEL can now be used by Praetorians
    • Praetorians will only be able to access zones in Praetoria

Free Fire Zone (PvP) Helicopter Line

• All helicopters to and from PvP zones are now connected (including new helicopters in Siren's Call near the Hero Hospital and in Peregrine Island near the arena)
  • You can also use it to travel between the connected PVE zones, but only those that match your current alignment

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

45 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

I'm curious on how many of the Shard TF's will be run once the sgpasscode goes away.

Well, let's see; anyone on your team will be able to have a power that lets them summon a base portal that the whole team can use every ten minutes. Anyone on your team will also be able to have a power that teleports the whole team to the next door mission, and unlike now, that power will recharge every ten minutes not every half hour.

So, since this change will make getting around the Shards no harder and in some ways slightly easier, I would guess the answer to that is "there will be no real change in the number of Shard TFs being run".

• Thanks 2

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

• City Council
Just now, thunderforce said:

Well, let's see; anyone on your team will be able to have a power that lets them summon a base portal that the whole team can use every ten minutes. Anyone on your team will also be able to have a power that teleports the whole team to the next door mission, and unlike now, that power will recharge every ten minutes not every half hour.

So, since this change will make getting around the Shards no harder and in some ways slightly easier, I would guess the answer to that is "there will be no real change in the number of Shard TFs being run".

Supergroup bases now also have Shadow Shard beacons, and LRT can instantly zip you to a Shadow Shard zone every 10 minutes too.

• Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Supergroup bases now also have Shadow Shard beacons, and LRT can instantly zip you to a Shadow Shard zone every 10 minutes too.

Ha! I never used the base passcode exploit, so I didn't know the beacons didn't exist. So actually it's going to get _much_ easier to use SG bases to get around the Shards.

• Like 1

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:
  • LongRangeTeleporter.png.4970195b31b9e2546510622430b293f0.png Long Range Teleporter
    • The Pocket D VIP Pass power has been significantly improved and is now the Long Range Teleporter
      • If you previously owned Pocket D VIP Pass, you will now have the Long Range Teleporter with Pocket D unlocked as a destination
    • Long Range Teleporter is unlocked by the Passport Accolade, which can be acquired by earning:
      • An exploration accolade in any zone with a Base Portal (see the above list for reference), or
      • The Pocket D VIP Gold Club Member badge (for spending 1 hour in Pocket D)

Question:

Referring to the section in another part of the patch notes where it says the Passport badge will no longer be awarded upon character creation - will the Passport badge be REMOVED from existing characters who do not meet one of the conditions listed above?

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Since we're up to a RC build now and things seem more set in stone, I figured it was worth reiterating some previous feedback re: inroads for new players.

The current 0-cost options are still centered around VidiotMaps, standing around for an hour, or temporary options for logging off for a while. Something more akin to the "one free Ninja Run/Beast Run" to get people started with subsequent purchasables seems more accessible than current means, and could breadcrumb other options with the Fast Travel menu.

• City Council
19 minutes ago, @Ghost said:

Since we're up to a RC build now and things seem more set in stone, I figured it was worth reiterating some previous feedback re: inroads for new players.

The current 0-cost options are still centered around VidiotMaps, standing around for an hour, or temporary options for logging off for a while. Something more akin to the "one free Ninja Run/Beast Run" to get people started with subsequent purchasables seems more accessible than current means, and could breadcrumb other options with the Fast Travel menu.

I've seen accessibility for new players brought up a few times, but is it really such a bad thing for brand new players to be encouraged to explore the game world a little bit first before they start fast-traveling around everywhere?

• Thanks 2