General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 1

Jimmy

• City Council
5 hours ago, Bopper said:

2) Does the same auto-hit mechanic problem still exist with the incorporation of the new Activation Effect Group (the new capability added to allow auto-hit effects in powers that otherwise use hit-checks). This hasn't been tested...at least not much. So it has yet to be seen if old procs would only trigger from the hit-roll effects and bypass the Activation Effect Group's auto-hit nature.

The answer to that one is 'no'. Activation effects are completely separate from normal power effects. They aren't "auto-hit" in the traditional sense -- instead they don't use hit roll mechanics at all. They:

1. Are always applied when the power activates, regardless if it hit anything or not.
  2. Apply only to the caster. Target specification in child AttribMods is meaningless because the target is always the caster.
  3. Apply only once regardless of how many targets are (or aren't) hit.
  4. Do not trigger procs. They don't even check because these effects are applied separately outside of the main targeting loop.
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, aethereal said:

I am pretty unconvinced that anything would be too horrible if taunt auras allowed procs to auto-hit enemies.  Back before PPM, when procs in auras were good?  Maybe an issue.  Now?  Checks once every ten seconds with a low proc rate?  One available damage proc?  Who cares?

Agreed. I tested this a few days ago with my level 50 tank in Atlas Park.

After standing next to two level 1 Hellions for about 20 seconds one of them died. Whooooo booy! Is THAT overpowered or what?

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 10/26/2020 at 9:02 AM, arthurh35353 said:

I wonder if that is someone playing with Fold Space to grief people inside City Hall?

A hellion spawning inside city hall I've seen many many times even on live build.  So, probably something to be posted in the bug forum as it isn't specific to the changes on test.  Speculation I've seen is that it has something to do with one of the early contact missions spawning it inside the hall.  Not anyone trying to grief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riverdusk said:

A hellion spawning inside city hall I've seen many many times even on live build.  So, probably something to be posted in the bug forum as it isn't specific to the changes on test.  Speculation I've seen is that it has something to do with one of the early contact missions spawning it inside the hall.  Not anyone trying to grief.

I have also seen a hellion inside City Hall on live, it's not exclusive to Beta.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have a concern that alterations to how Stealth and Taunt auras work may have gone slightly awry in at least one case.

I'm testing on a level 40 Energy/Energy Brute and I am finding it is completely impossible to herd grays. Obviously not game breaking, but I'm just not sure it's working like it's supposed to.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have a concern that alterations to how Stealth and Taunt auras work may have gone slightly awry in at least one case.

I'm testing on a level 40 Energy/Energy Brute and I am finding it is completely impossible to herd grays. Obviously not game breaking, but I'm just not sure it's working like it's supposed to.

I don't play Brutes that often, so someone with more experience should check this.

I'm seeing enemies in a +4/x8 lvl 50 Radio mission running away (Sometimes). Now on this toon I don't have Taunt and I haven't Slotted any Taunt enhancements anywhere, but I do have Entropic Aura running.

Is this to be expected?

49 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I don't play Brutes that often, so someone with more experience should check this.

I'm seeing enemies in a +4/x8 lvl 50 Radio mission running away (Sometimes). Now on this toon I don't have Taunt and I haven't Slotted any Taunt enhancements anywhere, but I do have Entropic Aura running.

Is this to be expected?

How often are they running away? Those things can happen at the aggro cap, just so long as this one isn’t a recurrence of the aura bug that Tankers/Brutes suffered from in Page 4.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

5 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

How often are they running away? Those things can happen at the aggro cap, just so long as this one isn’t a recurrence of the aura bug that Tankers/Brutes suffered from in Page 4.

No, this is definitely not at the cap, it happened after I heavily reduced their numbers. They are behaving the way I would expect on a scrapper, when they are heavily damaged and unable to hit me.

I will test on a tanker next.

Edited by Wavicle

On the /EA Brute the difference between running with Energy Cloak on or off is night and day.

With no Energy Cloak mobs stick to me as expected. With Energy Cloak on they run as soon as my first few attacks have landed.

On a tanker (lvl 30 Rad/EM) without any Stealth power I am not noticing any unusual behavior.

On the same tanker running Stealth (Concealment pool) and Invisibility (Concealment) I also did not notice anything odd.

Next I will try a tanker with an in-set stealth power, Dark Armor perhaps.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 10:12 AM, Jimmy said:

Command: /window_scale

• The /window_scale command takes the window "contactdialog" to independently resize the window where contact give you mission descriptions and such
  • Usage: /windowscale contactdialog 2 to make it twice as big (accepts anything from 0.65 to 2)

Popmenus

• The "LockedOption" structure in popmenus now has three extra fields:
    • Icon - adds a small image to the left side of the text
    • PowerOwned - unlocks the entry if this power is owned, regardless of state
    • PowerReady - unlocks the entry if this power is owned, enabled, and recharged

Can you currently scale the size of popmenus? If not can that be adjusted to allow scaling of individual popmenus?

On a lvl 20 Dark Armor/Titan Weapons Tanker I did not notice any unusual behavior while running the Cloak of Shadows or whatever it's called. But that could be because the taunt aura in that case does actual damage...

so this could conceivably be a problem unique to Brute EA, I think it's the only Armor set that gets a Non-Damage Taunt Aura AND comes with it's own Stealth power...

Edited by Wavicle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Beta Patch 3 - WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! Some seriously amazing QoL additions! The stances in costume editor, customizing the sprints, so many new arena maps to test, keeping EM changes WHOOO!!!! You volunteers are seriously amazing and I can't wait to test these additions. It is going to be a great update when it hits the live shards!

Edited by Glacier Peak
volunteers!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

21 hours ago, Wavicle said:

On a lvl 20 Dark Armor/Titan Weapons Tanker I did not notice any unusual behavior while running the Cloak of Shadows or whatever it's called. But that could be because the taunt aura in that case does actual damage...

so this could conceivably be a problem unique to Brute EA, I think it's the only Armor set that gets a Non-Damage Taunt Aura AND comes with it's own Stealth power...

I tried this a little more.

I levelled the Dark/TW tank up to 50 and tried fighting using only Cloak of Fear as a Taunt Aura and I still did not see the same behavior as with the /EA Brute.

Again, I suspect there is something going wrong in the interaction between Brute EAs Entropic Aura and its Energy Cloak.

• Thanks 1

Ok, I did some more testing today and narrowed down the problem a little bit.

When Energy Cloak is toggled on Entropic Aura's -Recharge effect (and I think its Taunt as well) are not taking effect. The green rings on enemy arms indicating Slowed status do not appear, Even when in combat. Using the Power Analyzer I was able to determine that the -Recharge itself does not go on in combat if the Cloak is on, and will turn off mid combat if I retoggle the cloak.

Against grays this results in enemies fleeing immediately, compared to sticking around for a while with the Energy Cloak toggled off, or on other armor sets without stealth.

Against high level enemies, depending on how much Taunting you're getting out of your attacks, this may result in enemies fleeing after a while. The behavior varied depending on whether I was playing EM, TW, or WM. EMs relative lack of AoEs to throw compared to the other two made the effect more obvious.

Clearly this is NOT the intended behavior. @Captain Powerhouse can you verify that EA is the only set being impacted by this? I can keep looking at Dark Armor, but from what I've seen so far it appears the Damage and Fear auras, at least on Tankers, do NOT suppress when using that sets Cloak.

• Thanks 2

On further testing it does NOT appear that any of the Dark Armor Taunt auras suppress when Cloaked.

It also seems that (at least) Invincibility does not appear to suppress when using Concealment powers on an Invunerability Brute.

I didn't use the Power Analyzer in these cases to be extra sure, since the mobs behaved the way I would expect them to and had all the appropriate graphics on them in each case.

I also have not tested with another person, like an Illusion/Dark Controller, to see if stacking Stealth on a Brute or Tank will have the same effect, but I doubt it.

The problem seems to be unique to Brute EA, as far as I can determine.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Thanks 1

• Developer
4 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Ok, I did some more testing today and narrowed down the problem a little bit.

When Energy Cloak is toggled on Entropic Aura's -Recharge effect (and I think its Taunt as well) are not taking effect. The green rings on enemy arms indicating Slowed status do not appear, Even when in combat. Using the Power Analyzer I was able to determine that the -Recharge itself does not go on in combat if the Cloak is on, and will turn off mid combat if I retoggle the cloak.

Against grays this results in enemies fleeing immediately, compared to sticking around for a while with the Energy Cloak toggled off, or on other armor sets without stealth.

Against high level enemies, depending on how much Taunting you're getting out of your attacks, this may result in enemies fleeing after a while. The behavior varied depending on whether I was playing EM, TW, or WM. EMs relative lack of AoEs to throw compared to the other two made the effect more obvious.

Clearly this is NOT the intended behavior. @Captain Powerhouse can you verify that EA is the only set being impacted by this? I can keep looking at Dark Armor, but from what I've seen so far it appears the Damage and Fear auras, at least on Tankers, do NOT suppress when using that sets Cloak.

This is actually intended behavior, but was buggy until recently.

Since Entropy became an aura, having Energy Cloak on would disable all debuffs and self buffs from hitting enemies.

There was a bug where the aura would still notify players of the player being there (without doing anything else) causing them to initiate combat.

That bug was fixed.

As soon as combat is initiated, and your stealth breaks, foes should start getting debuffed. If they are not getting debuffed at that point, then THAT is a bug. Toggling your aura mid combat should not re-stealth you. I'll look into that.

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

30 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

This is actually intended behavior, but was buggy until recently.

Since Entropy became an aura, having Energy Cloak on would disable all debuffs and self buffs from hitting enemies.

There was a bug where the aura would still notify players of the player being there (without doing anything else) causing them to initiate combat.

That bug was fixed.

As soon as combat is initiated, and your stealth breaks, foes should start getting debuffed. If they are not getting debuffed at that point, then THAT is a bug. Toggling your aura mid combat should not re-stealth you. I'll look into that.

Foes are NOT being debuffed NOR am I being buffed (with +Recharge) as long as the Cloak is toggled on, even after combat has been initiated. I am not re-stealthing.