General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 1

Jimmy

Are we sure this isn't an Issue as opposed to just a page? This "page" is massive and has so many changes I can't imagine it being thoroughly tested in any reasonable amount of time (by one tester). It's a darn good thing there are so many testers.

Not sure I like the absorb changes in the blaster secondaries but that's for a focused feedback thread. Here I'm just giving two massive thumbs up to this patch! For Volunteers you folks are seriously dedicated and you are loved for it.

Coyote

3 hours ago, Shaman Coyote said:

Are we sure this isn't an Issue as opposed to just a page? This "page" is massive and has so many changes I can't imagine it being thoroughly tested in any reasonable amount of time (by one tester). It's a darn good thing there are so many testers.

Not sure I like the absorb changes in the blaster secondaries but that's for a focused feedback thread. Here I'm just giving two massive thumbs up to this patch! For Volunteers you folks are seriously dedicated and you are loved for it.

Coyote

It's called Issue 27, though.

On 10/31/2020 at 10:12 AM, Jimmy said:

Popmenus

• The "LockedOption" structure in popmenus now has three extra fields:
    • Icon - adds a small image to the left side of the text
    • PowerOwned - unlocks the entry if this power is owned, regardless of state
    • PowerReady - unlocks the entry if this power is owned, enabled, and recharged

Would it be possible for the PowerOwned / PowerReady entry to be invisible if it is not owned or is this beyond the capability?

I was playing around with the /interact command last night. It seemed to work most of the time when I typed it in or pasted it, but when I tried to bind it to a key it gave me an invalid command. Not sure if this is working as intended.

I figured it out. Fat fingers FTL.

Edited by dopeninja
I'm dumb

• City Council

Release Candidate 1 - November 13th, 2020

Other Changes

• Reduced invite blocking time after quitting a team or league to 5 seconds
  • Restored the classic "pshewwwww" sound when entering the game
  • Halloween salvage vendors (Annah in Croatoa, Granny Beldam in Nerva Archipelago, Acantha in Imperial City) now have icons on the minimap
  • The basic version of Penelope Yin will no longer summon her gigantic pet outside of mission maps
    • This will prevent her being difficult to talk to in Independence Port
  • Normalized LODInfo hashtable key names
    • This may address or at least rule out some possible causes of the crash upon changing graphics settings that some people are getting
  • Reduce the occurence of the red ring cursor when choosing a teleport destination
    • It is now possible to teleport to some locations even if the camera loses line of sight to the player

Profanity Filter

• Several outdated / reclaimed terms have been removed from the profanity filter
  • Several slurs have been added to the profanity filter
  • The profanity and copyright filter is now checked during character creation (this is the same behaviour as live - it just wasn't activated)

New Command: /interact

• Allows you to interact with objects in front of you as if they had been clicked
  • This includes contacts, doors, ouroboros portals, mission objectives, etc

Command: /powexec_location

• Several improvements have been made to /powexec_location to make it more reliable when used with teleportation powers
    • Directional and terrain-following mode are more robust and less likely to stop short of the full distance
    • Target mode no longer requires line of sight to the target, so long as the target is in a location that is a valid teleport destination
    • Target mode no longer tries to occupy the same space as the target - instead it selects a location as close as possible to the target without being pushed away
  • Fixed being able to teleport inside geometry with this command
  • Now much less likely to fizzle with teleport powers

Command: /window_scale

• The /window_scale command takes the following new windows:
    • contactdialog to independently resize the window where contact give you mission descriptions and such
    • missionsearch to independently scale the AE mission search window
    • missionmaker to independently scale the AE editor window
  • Example usage: /windowscale contactdialog 2 to make it twice as big (accepts anything from 0.65 to 2)

Popmenus

• The "LockedOption" structure in popmenus now has three extra fields:
    • Icon - adds a small image to the left side of the text
    • PowerOwned - unlocks the entry if this power is owned, regardless of state
    • PowerReady - unlocks the entry if this power is owned, enabled, and recharged

Mission: The Strongest Bond

This is the fourth and final mission given by the contact Ward, in the Night Ward, notorious for unrecoverable team wipe situations due to the location of the in-mission hospital

• Gurneys moved to roof of mansion in order to buy you some time
  • An Acolyte of Repulsion wards the roof with a Dispersion Bubble and a Force Bubble, but their power is so strenuous and difficult to maintain that they are incapable of doing anything else
  • The Acolytes of Soothing, fragile but helpful, stand ready to assist with sweet nothings of periodic minor healing, but their devotion to your wellbeing renders them incapable of anything else
  • In the spirit of the original encounter, enemies are designed to chase you - this has not changed, we have simply provided the means for you to tip the scales in your favour

Bug Fixes (Report Bugs Here)

• You should no longer see erroneous messages about adding slots to certain temporary powers while levelling up
  • The double Duray fight in the Sutter Task Force should no longer fail to complete properly
  • Fixed an issue on the Portal Corp tech lab variant map in which certain objective placements would cause them to be almost entirely buried in geometry
    • You won't need to dig around for buried glowies anymore, but you are still on a Dr. Q...
  • Minor geometry fixes to Siren's Call, Talos Island, Port Oaks and Atlas Park
  • Fixed an issue that caused Ouroboros portals to occasionally be targetable when summoned by a villain
  • Fixed an issue that caused the base portals in Recluse's Victory to count towards the Duty Monitor (supergroup base) day job, and block the Predator (PvP zone) day job
  • Fixed the mission reward for levels 10 to 14 missing Pool B invention recipes

• Tutorial missions in Outbreak and Breakout can no longer be abandoned

• Fixed an issue that caused the glass on police drone sirens to not render correctly

• Fixed the Lost Curing Wand sometimes revoking too early (and sometimes not revoking at all) during Montague Castanella's story arc

• Fixed the Breakout tutorial mission failing to complete after defeating the guards

• Potentially fixed the Entrepeneur / Black Marketeer Day Jobs not granting Invention Discount Coupon salvage

Powers & Enhancements Bug Fixes

• Procs that inflict damage should no longer auto-hit even if slotted in powers that auto-hit foes. This applies to:
    • Enhancements
    • Incarnate: Hybrid
    • Note: this already applied to Incarnate Interface procs, nothing changes there
  • Fixed recipe name for Encouraged Accuracy: To Hit Buff
  • Dual Pistols:
    • AoE powers no longer grant Defiance for every target hit
    • Single target powers no longer grant double Defiance
    • Hail of Bullets (Blaster): Fixed an issue where the blaster version of this power would not trigger the base lethal damage in PvE
  • Savage Melee (Scrapper & Stalker):  Fixed numerous errors with critical hits
    • Many powers had incorrect crit values or would not crit in PvE, PvP or both
  • Sentinel > Vulnerability: Will no longer spam float messages when triggered
  • Dark Miasma > Tar Patch: Was recently flagged to ignore resistance - this was not intended and has been fixed
  • Enhancements > Gaussian's Synchronized Fire Control:
    • All enhancements in this set should now require level 17 to be slotted, instead of half the set being available at level 7
    • The set is documented to be 20-50 level range
  • Enhancements > Performance Shifter:

• All enhancements in this set should now require level 17 to be slotted, instead of half the set being available at level 7

• The set is documented to be 20-50 level range

• Incarnate > Destiny > Clarion: Fixed an issue that caused Clarion's buff to increase the strength of other +special buffs

• Epic > Mastermind | Blaster > Oppressive Gloom: Self damage will no longer variate based on enemy level

• Temporary Powers > Ethereal Shift: This power no longer ignores NoPhase

• Dark Miasma | Dark Affinity > Twilight Grasp: Fixed a bug where tintable versions of this power would not play the healing sound or FX

• Blaster > Fire Blast > Blazing Bolt: The slow version of this power was giving the player a 100% range buff instead of 50% - This has now been corrected

• Scrapper | Brute > Energy Aura > Energy Cloak > Fixed a bug where the stealth was not suppressing in combat, preventing the taunt aura from working

• Blaster > Assault Rifle > Sniper Rifle > Text description no longer claims there is a bonus when using Targeting Drone. This bonus was depreciated long ago with the Devices changes

• Dominator > Martial Combat > Masterful Throw > This power should now accept ToHit Debuff sets and enhancements

• Dominator > Savage Assault:

• Attacks should now grant bonus Domination Meter in PvP

• Feral Charge is now flagged as AoE instead of Melee

• Radiation Melee | Assault > Radiation Siphon > This power no longer states it has an arc, or radius

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Since we are now getting into release candidates I just wanted to give my overall impression of i27.  Overall my impressions are very positive as I like most of what was done.  I won’t touch on everything I tested, but only the things I feel very strongly about. I know a lot of hard work went into this, so I appreciate even the things that I don’t like as much. 

Things I love:

-Energy Melee revamp: knocked it out of the park with this one. This is about as perfect as I could wish it to be. 
-Energy Melee for scrappers:  pure awesomeness. Thank you.

-Ninja training revamp - love this so much. I am excited to make and play ninja blasters now!

-Enhancement changes - pure genius. This change alone has made me plan a whole new playing experience that I will detail in a general discussion post once i27 is live. 

The only thing that I disliked enough to mention is the dark melee changes. I do not like the touch of fear AoE. I think it is much too weak, especially since shadow maul was nerfed for it. I think it would have been better just to buff up shadow maul. That said, even if this goes forward as is, I am okay with it. It won’t change my build as I will simply not respec into touch of fear. I will have a slightly weaker shadow maul, but I accept that. I still appreciate the work done on this set even if I don’t like it personally. 

I didn’t have time to test everything as there is just so much that went into this issue. I just have to say very well done and thank you for all the work you did on this issue. Thanks also for all the involvement in the feedback threads! I’m so excited for i27 to launch!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saikochoro said:

The only thing that I disliked enough to mention is the dark melee changes. I do not like the touch of fear AoE. I think it is much too weak, especially since shadow maul was nerfed for it. I think it would have been better just to buff up shadow maul. That said, even if this goes forward as is, I am okay with it. It won’t change my build as I will simply not respec into touch of fear. I will have a slightly weaker shadow maul, but I accept that. I still appreciate the work done on this set even if I don’t like it personally. 

Just as a point of clarity, the Captain did state in Page 4 (paraphrasing) that the Shadow Maul upgrade was a placeholder until Dark Melee received a proper pass.  Now that Touch of Fear has been upgraded, we can give it some serious playtime on the live servers and see if anymore changes might be warranted in future updates.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

2 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Just as a point of clarity, the Captain did state in Page 4 (paraphrasing) that the Shadow Maul upgrade was a placeholder until Dark Melee received a proper pass.  Now that Touch of Fear has been upgraded, we can give it some serious playtime on the live servers and see if anymore changes might be warranted in future updates.

True enough. Like I said, I accept the changes as is even if I personally don’t like them. I’m honestly not really bent out of shape about it. It was really the only thing I wasn’t super happy about in the issue. Plus I’m sure some people like the change so it’s all good. And you are right, it doesn’t mean that further changes may not happen in the future. 

• Like 1

• City Council
31 minutes ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

How will this affect currently slotted enhancements?

It doesn't, this changes things like the type of defence which can protect against the power. All AoEs, be they melee or ranged, are (or rather, should be) flagged as AoE, this was merely an error being corrected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

24 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

It doesn't, this changes things like the type of defence which can protect against the power. All AoEs, be they melee or ranged, are (or rather, should be) flagged as AoE, this was merely an error being corrected.

Since it’s come up in here and going forward, should we report any AoE that we find flagged otherwise (both in and beyond Beta testing)?

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Yep 👍

Radiation Melee - Atom Smasher & Electrical Melee - Thunder Strike. Also Martial Arts - Dragon Tail.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

On 11/13/2020 at 7:48 PM, Jimmy said:

Command: /powexec_location

• Several improvements have been made to /powexec_location to make it more reliable when used with teleportation powers
    • Directional and terrain-following mode are more robust and less likely to stop short of the full distance
    • Target mode no longer requires line of sight to the target, so long as the target is in a location that is a valid teleport destination
    • Target mode no longer tries to occupy the same space as the target - instead it selects a location as close as possible to the target without being pushed away
  • Fixed being able to teleport inside geometry with this command
  • Now much less likely to fizzle with teleport powers

Missed this. My Sav/Shield Stalker thanks you for this, nice change. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Voltixdark said:

Could someone clarify on this upcoming update..

"Incarnate > Destiny > Clarion: Fixed an issue that caused Clarion's buff to increase the strength of other +special buffs".

Thanks

I would need to look into it, but I think that is phrased wrong. Clarion didn't get changed, it was powers like Power Boost that didn't have their flags set to ignore Strength that caused powers like Clarion (or other +Special powers) can't buff Power Boost.

Quick example of what I mean. Defender Power Boost does a 98.34% strength buff. Clarion does an 80% strength buff. When combined, you should get a total strength buff of 98.34+80= +178.34%.

However, because Power Boost didn't have the ignore strength flag set, if you cast Clarion then Power Boost you wound up with a strength buff of: 80% + 98.34% + 80%*98.34% = +257.012%

So that should have been the fix. I think the patch notes probably should get updated to reflect that before this is released on live. @Jimmy and @Captain Powerhouse, can you guys check to see if this is correct and if so can we get the notes updated?

Edited by Bopper
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

If I recall correctly, I think Power Boost and the various dominator Power Ups were the ones that don't currently (on HC live) have their flag set to IgnoreStrength, but now should for Issue 27.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• City Council

Release Candidate 2 - November 21st, 2020

Collecting a handful of notable changes here which people may wish to discuss.

Enhancements

AoE Enhancement Set Categories

• "Targeted AoE Damage" sets are now "Ranged AoE Damage" sets
  • "PBAoE Damage" sets are now "Melee AoE Damage" sets
  • These rules were already almost universally followed - no changes to which powers can accept which sets have been made at this time

Blaster Secondary Revamp

Tactical Arrow

• tacticalarrow_oilslick.png.986f6d3bc9d5329c33777f84c8724500.png Oil Slick Arrow
    • Recharge reduced from 180s to 90s

Other Powers Changes

Dark Melee

• ShadowFighting_TouchOfFearAoE.png.6304069616b8528500b11f44ad8f7b5e.png Touch of Fear
    • Now accepts Melee AoE Damage sets
      • Changed from Targeted (Ranged) AoE Damage sets
    • Cleaned up the implementation of this power to resolve some minor issues - please ensure it's all still working properly

Other Changes

• /petition no longer requires you to type the subject into the command, you can just type "/petition" on its own to open up the petition window
    • This was a missed patch note from an earlier build
  • The Tips tab is now visible for all characters regardless of level or dimension of origin
    • The alignment status panel will only appear for Primal Earth characters over level 20
    • This change currently has no use, it's been added to support some upcoming content

Bug Fixes

Powers & Enhancements Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug with certain powers which provided a stacking buff that was meant to be replaced (eg: Invincibility)

• Sentinel > Dark Armor > Obscure Sustenance: Buffs from this power should now ignore enemy level differences

• Standardized the formula used for non-incarnate procs - this impacts the following procs when used on a power that is above 20s recharge time:

• Opportunity Proc

• Envenomed Blades

• Frost Bite

• Dominator > Electricity Assault > Static Discharge: Now takes End Modification sets and enhancements

• Dominator > Savage Assault > Feral Charge: This power now clearly states it is an AoE attack

• Brute | Tanker > Martial Arts > Eagle's Claw: Damage buff from this power should no longer be affected by enemy level

• Sentinel > Ice Armor > Frost_Protection: This power should now accept recharge enhancements

• Sentinel > Ice Armor > Moisture Absorption: This power should now be flagged as an AoE attack, not a Ranged attack (This only affects ToHit checks)

• Stalker > Willpower > Reconstruction: This power now accepts resistance enhancement sets

• Tanker > Stone Armor > Earth's Embrace: Heal in this power has been flagged to ignore resistances, as all other Armor Set self-heals

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:
  • "Targeted AoE Damage" sets are now "Ranged AoE Damage" sets
  • "PBAoE Damage" sets are now "Melee AoE Damage" sets

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• City Council
56 minutes ago, aethereal said:

Could we get some details on what used to stack and no longer stacks in Invincibility?

My understanding is that this was strictly a bug fix - under some edge cases a given foe's defense stack would not properly replace itself and would instead stack additional times (so for Invincibility when the bug occurred you would receive multiple defense stacks from a single foe within range).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Other Powers Changes

Dark Melee

• ShadowFighting_TouchOfFearAoE.png.6304069616b8528500b11f44ad8f7b5e.png Touch of Fear
    • Now accepts Melee AoE Damage sets
      • Changed from Targeted (Ranged) AoE Damage sets
    • Cleaned up the implementation of this power to resolve some minor issues - please ensure it's all still working properly

Could this be clarified please?  I'm not really sure what I should be testing for.