General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 1

Jimmy

1 minute ago, Vigilant Vergil said:

Could this be clarified please?  I'm not really sure what I should be testing for.

That means it now takes PBAoE sets (like Obliteration) instead of Target AoE sets (like Ragnorak)

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

3 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I think he was asking about the second part of the note. What was changed about the implementation?

In that case, great question. I havent looked at this version yet, but previous build used 2 Execute powers, one doing a single target debuff and the other doing an AoE damage. I'll come back with info on the new power, but in the mean time I would say procs and enhancement slotting should be tested. Make sure enhancements work. Make sure alpha incarnates work. Make sure outside buffs work. 

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

I confirmed it still does 2 execute powers. So the testing ideas i provided above apply. I'm mostly curious about procs. Here's why.

Main Power is an AoE with an area factor of 1.9.

The power hits a target (MainTarget) automatically. 

It then calls a single target power that does the to-hit debuff amd fear.

It also calls an AoE damage power that also has an Area Factor of 1.9.

What we'd want to confirm is if procs for the single target power (fear, to-hit, accurate to-hit) can hit those in the damage AoE (it shouldn't)

We want to confirm the damage procs for the AoE damage can't hit the MainTarget twice.

We want to confirm the probability to proc the fear, to-hit and accurate to-hit procs uses an area factor of 1 (hopefully it doesn't use 1.9)

We want to confirm the probability to proc the damage procs uses an area factor of 1.9 (hopefully it is not 1.9x1.9=3.61 nor 1.9+1.9=3.8)

1 hour ago, Telephone said:

My understanding is that this was strictly a bug fix - under some edge cases a given foe's defense stack would not properly replace itself and would instead stack additional times (so for Invincibility when the bug occurred you would receive multiple defense stacks from a single foe within range).

So Infernal's Behemoths in that one Maria Jenkins mission should no longer become nigh-invincible if both you and Ms. Liberty have the gall to be in melee range at the same time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

I think he was asking about the second part of the note. What was changed about the implementation?

Yes, this is what I was asking - what changed about the implementation and what is considered "working properly."  The latter particularly so, since there was some discussion in the Feedback thread as to whether the AoE aspect of the power was working properly in its ability to target/hit multiple foes.

Edited by Vigilant Vergil

1 hour ago, Vigilant Vergil said:

Yes, this is what I was asking - what changed about the implementation and what is considered "working properly."  The latter particularly so, since there was some discussion in the Feedback thread as to whether the AoE aspect of the power was working properly in its ability to target/hit multiple foes.

It was working correctly, however my guess is the motivation to change the power was tied to procs. The old version used the AoE of the power to calculate the proc probability of all the procs (damage set, fear set, etc). Also, the tohit debuff and fear procs would be checked against all targets in the AoE as opposed to the only target (MainTarget) that can be affected by fear and to-hit debuff effects. 

So this change addresses a few of those things. Now, only the To-Hit debuff and Fear set proxs can hit the MainTarget, but it should also use ST proc probability formula. The damage set procs will hit everyone and use the AoE proc probability formula.

Finally, the Fear/To-Hit debuff effect regains its 1.2x accuracy modifier. It has this on live, but it was reduced to 1.0x when the power gained the AoE damage. Now, the fear/debuff effect has regained the 1.2x modifier, while the damage AoE keeps its 1.0x accuracy modifier

7 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Is this why Dark Armor will be able to slot 3 Perfect Zinger Chance for Psi Damage procs that will fire off based on the number of foes hit?

No, that capability is thanks to damage procs (such as perfect zinger) now require a To-Hit check even if slotted in an auto-hit power

Edited by Bopper
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Standardized the formula used for non-incarnate procs - this impacts the following procs when used on a power that is above 20s recharge time:

• Opportunity Proc

Will this improve the performance of the opportunity proc in power with a recharge over 20 seconds or reduce it?  I haven't paid too much attention to the proc rate previously

Edited by josh1622

7 minutes ago, Lockpick said:

Is there an ETA for when this patch goes Live?

Tuesday, probably 

1 hour ago, EmperorSteele said:

So, I thought of something about 8 hours too late, and the proper thread was closed, so I'll ask here:

Is there a reason why the prestige sprints have a NoFX option? Isn't the entire POINT of those sprints to have the FX?

A reason could be that a power is used in a bind, like I use Prestige Power Surge to contain the Celerity Stealth Proc:

/bind G "powexectoggleon Ninja Run$$powexectoggleon Prestige Power Surge"

but in one costume, I want to not have the FX of the Prestige Sprint, but not needing to change my bind when I swap costume.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmperorSteele said:

So, I thought of something about 8 hours too late, and the proper thread was closed, so I'll ask here:

Is there a reason why the prestige sprints have a NoFX option? Isn't the entire POINT of those sprints to have the FX?

Someone asked for it, it seemed easy enough to implement?

• Like 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

2 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

49 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Someone asked for it, it seemed easy enough to implement?

Like Shadekight said, think the specific thing the person wanted was NoFX powerslide because they wanted to RP having an Iceman-like elemental slide for their toon.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Monkerlotus said:

So the power order changes for some of the blaster secondaries are still going through?  

If it's in the i27p1 RC2 Patch Notes and not noted as removed, it's still part of it.

• City Council
23 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Would have been nice if Ninja Run, Beast Run, Athletic Run were included in Power Customization with Minimal FX options without the "speed lines".

This will likely be happening in Page 2*

*as always, no guarantees

• Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

This will likely be happening in Page 2*

*as always, no guarantees

I also just noticed that when you switch your stance, it actually adds the dust clouds animation to your normal running. That’s weird. I made a bug report about it.

Edited by Wavicle

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

I also just noticed that when you switch your stance, it actually adds the dust clouds animation to your normal running. That’s weird. I made a bug report about it.

I think Sprint by default has the dust clouds.  Was this with Sprint (and the Prestige versions) off?

• Jimmy locked this topic