Issue 27: Second Chances, Page 1 Open Beta

Jimmy

1 minute ago, Myndwurx said:

Thanks for all you do, but Why are you taking the Long Range Teleport power away from toons and what are you going to replace it with?

Did you miss this?

As part of the rework to the Teleportation pool, Long Range Teleport was removed from the pool, and instead has been reimplemented as an Accolade power. You earn this power by gathering exploration accolades - the first one will unlock the power with that zone as the first destination, and each subsequent one you earn will add that zone to the list of destinations (note that not every zone can be added, see the image below or the patch notes for the full list).

• Like 1

• City Council
3 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Yes, I am aware.  However, if there is no simple way to store multiple base pass codes easily instead of needing to cut-paste codes into the portal again, this is a non-starter. 

Please read through the changes and post your feedback after testing them:

1 minute ago, Myndwurx said:

Thanks for all you do, but Why are you taking the Long Range Teleport power away from toons and what are you going to replace it with?

More info here:

• Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Yeah, the dev command always felt a bit cheaty 😛
Glad we're getting more transport options though.

Could the cast time of teleports be shortened a bit? It's really long.

I think it's like 17 seconds. Maybe lower it to like 10?

They already thought of that. Looked deeper in the patch notes and are reducing it to 10 seconds, ha ha

Edited by Fink
  • Like 2

• City Council
2 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Thank you.  Will these work next to the summonable portals as well?  Or just the existing in-zone ones?

Yes, it will. I edited it right after posting to mention that, but in case you didn't see it in the scroll of new messages.

• Thanks 2

Well i guess i'm going to say again what i said on the closed beta already.

But i'm sure you know already considering the amount of critics you already received.

Nerfing the base port is a fix for a pvp and should be adressed for pvp only.

But you're going to hurt much more than that.

Let's say... what about everyone using it *on purpose* for TFs ?

The amount of people running TFs and trials - at least on Torch, i can't say for the other shards - is already fragile and may destabilize it more.

Let's say... what about the numerous amount of public TP bases ? Rip.

Or... whoever is base building ? oh right, wait i have to farm this day job for new charges of the quick port, i'm stuck in the middle of nowhere. I'm so much addicted i may keep going (maybe, i've had shenanigans before), but unless you share it here it makes it harder to show your work.

Fun times.

LFG port is going to become the new hype, except when you need to get the badges for Atlas Medaillon of course.

Until it receives some specific treatment someday maybe hehe.

On the other hand i'm kinda excited for Energy Melee, new beacons, upgraded TA for blasters and everything, but i can't scratch this dark area from the picture.

• Confused 10

I guess I'm the only one sad to see TW getting neutered. Given how slow the attacks are and the painful leveling process is I don't feel it was OP. Was a great class for people like me who solo 75% of the time and want to actually defeat a bad guy in the available time windows to play in adult life . But we will see. Glad I have my own server -just in-case. Having sad that I am supper happy to see changes and new content coming for everyone - reserve further judgment on killing my fav toon until I play it.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Yes, I am aware.  However, if there is no simple way to store multiple base pass codes easily instead of needing to cut-paste codes into the portal again, this is a non-starter. 

Your previous macros still work, they just won't do anything unless you're close to a portal.

39 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Yes we know.  However, we were given several possible ideas and the community shared quite a lot of feedback as well.   From the sound of it, we did not get what was discussed entirely.

We asked for a Corolla and they gave us a Ferrari. No complaints here.

• Like 4

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Love the patch - can't wait to make an energy melee scrapper. 

The blaster changes seem more thought out than just buffs. My ninjitsu blaster finally has a reason to use the sword besides theme!

Sidenote: Shinobi gives a movement boost for sentinels and scrappers. Can we have it put in here?

Just tested shinobi in Beta and Shinobi doesn't give a movement boost (but at least now the help text doesn't say  it does give it anymore).

Edited by Rejolt
  • Like 1

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

55 minutes ago, Zed said:

Nerfing the base port is a fix for a pvp and should be adressed for pvp only.

No, it is not. It has been talked about for over a year. It is NOT a PVP "fix."

It does not kill public transport bases.

*Read* the notes.

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

<looks at all the same questions being repeated>

Nobody ever reads the patch notes.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

13 minutes ago, LQT said:

<looks at all the same questions being repeated>

Nobody ever reads the patch notes.

We're happy puppies with new toys. Forgive us the joyful ADD.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

43 minutes ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

@Blood Speaker:  When we (the players) thoroughly test the crap out of it.

Or when there aren't enough people testing any more, and the Devs throw up their hands and say "well, I guess we have to release it now . . . "

I'd personally prefer the former over the latter.

Get to testing!

Yeahyeahyeah, patience, howlongwillthattake?!?  :p

• Haha 1