ITF Run Times

Lockpick

3 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I suspect (emphasis there) that the ITF is also a bit of an outlier.  There are a LOT of mobs on that very large map.  Quite a bit different than rapidly cycling radio or other short repeatable maps.   Question being does that work for or against it in the question of xp over time.

Dunno. I haven't done the math either. I'm just in it for the killin. What I do know is that people ding a lot more when you kill a lot more.

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

You left out "because it's more fun slaughtering all the things."

Also, I don't think you've actually done the math.

Fair enough to think that. And you'd be right, except for the merits. I did tally those up. Even with the diminished returns running multiples in one day, it's more than the 26 you get for 1 run. 

lol, I don't even like hearing the screaming loonies in the speed run, let alone taking the time to listen to all of those crazy legionarii folk. 

Fun is subjective, so yeah, go ahead if that's your idea of fun. I'll be on to the next tf while you're having your fun. 

Just now, Ukase said:

And you'd be right, except for the merits. I did tally those up.

Merit gain isn't arguable. Speed runs are the way to go if that's your goal.

1 minute ago, Ukase said:

Fun is subjective, so yeah, go ahead if that's your idea of fun. I'll be on to the next tf while you're having your fun. 

And my team will be leveling faster while we have said fun. No argument that fun is subjective.

• Like 3

I like my ITF’s buffed, players debuffed, no Inspirations, no Temps, no deaths, with a side of “I might even turn off enhancements too, you loon.”

Also, there’s no way a Warp-Speed ITF generates more XP/min than even a remotely kill-most ITF one factor of Speeds typically being -1 difficulty, avoiding nearly all mobs in the crystal caves, only Zerg rushing the generals in M3, and only killing the minimum required in M4.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not a fan of speed runs. I think it is cool that people have crazy short times but I never know what the hell is going on and I feel useless. 

I do like to solo the ITF though. Tend to run it even level/7 (7 because you get less bosses and more minions and standing there smacking the same boss gets boring after a while.)  They are defeat whats in the way for the most part but sometimes I destroy a   bunch of cysts and wait for several ambushes to catch me. Great fun. 

Run it on whatever I happened to be enjoying that week. Have begun to use it as a benchmark of sorts on my up and coming heroes. Don't always finish but do my best. 

Best time so far is an hour 20 minutes on my claws/fire brute.   Believe when I get my psychic/dark/dark scrapper to 50 I should be able to beat it.  

Excited. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ukase said:

These folks that do kill most itfs are either doing it for thematic/rp reasons, or they just haven't done the math.

That's like saying people who farm AE for influence instead of working the Auction House "haven't done the math."

It's not *primarily* about math or efficiency.  It's about fun.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

54 minutes ago, Sakai said:

I'm not a fan of speed runs. I think it is cool that people have crazy short times but I never know what the hell is going on and I feel useless. 

I do like to solo the ITF though. Tend to run it even level/7 (7 because you get less bosses and more minions and standing there smacking the same boss gets boring after a while.)  They are defeat whats in the way for the most part but sometimes I destroy a   bunch of cysts and wait for several ambushes to catch me. Great fun. 

Run it on whatever I happened to be enjoying that week. Have begun to use it as a benchmark of sorts on my up and coming heroes. Don't always finish but do my best. 

Best time so far is an hour 20 minutes on my claws/fire brute.   Believe when I get my psychic/dark/dark scrapper to 50 I should be able to beat it.  

Excited. 

You should come to this thread if you like to hurt yourself solo ITF in pain with masochist fun challenges 🙂

Edited by Tsuko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

16 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

You left out "because it's more fun slaughtering all the things."

This. I like drops/inf but its not a primary motivation for me.

I play on itf's because they're full of mobs that can take a few hits and can live long enough that they are worth debuffing etc and I can produce or help others produce some nice big numbers and have some satisfying fights where any of my toons will always have something to do no matter my at/combo or that of the group. 

And on most kill all itfs I usually see multiple people who I know have the resources to be well past being concerned about merits/drops/xp as well, in my experience I'd say that people doing it just to do it probably make up a significant portion of the people who join kill alls specifically. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Luminara said:

Ask five people to define "fun", you'll get eleven definitions.

Ask this kitten to define "fun", I get my sock pulled off.  *sigh*

Just for you - a video of a cat wearing socks.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

The "I'm going to vomit in your shoes at 5:45 a.m. so it's just cool enough to be horrifying, but still fresh and gooey" look around 1:31 made it.

Also, that's the first time outside of a Zack Snyder or Michael Bay film that I've seen someone turn 5 seconds of video into 2+ minutes.  I kept expecting fifty cars to explode.

Edited by Luminara

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

9 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Cat wearing CAT socks!!

P E T A !!

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

8 hours ago, Sakai said:

That is quite the accomplishment in all honesty.

I agree getting the socks on long enough to film the cat for the few seconds it took to get them off was amazing. 🤪

PS: worked in the veterinary field long enough to know just how tough it can be to get a bandage to stay on for long enough to do its job.