Any plans/builds for EM/EnA Scrappers now?

Menelruin

So now that Energy Melee has been improved, AND is finally being ported to Scrappers, that means I can finally PROPERLY do a concept character I had, for a "Cannonball" style character!   Only problem is, I still suck at making builds!  Has anyone else had schemes for this yet?

I'm torn. Currently I'm testing out EM/Invul on beta and I like it. I have a kinetic/EnA/Mu scrapper at 50 that I think could be pretty cool with EM instead. We'll have to see! Energy is one of my favorite armor sets and it's so pretty. I could see EM/EnA being lots of fun.

• Like 1

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

18 minutes ago, Siderous said:

Did I miss something?  Was thinking a EA Teleporting scrapper but with no crits I might have to rethink that.  Is the damage adjusted if this is true?

TF and ET do not crit for double damage if that's what you're asking.

TF criting grants 2 lvls of energy focus so you can use it to both shorten ET's animation to the pre-nerf version AND buff BS. ET's "crit" heals you instead of taking health away.

My tests on a fully tricked out EM scrapper was that it was very competitive on Pylon tests, and was not lacking in AoE. My times did not seem lacking without the crits.

While it does require you to line up the two attack combo for a shorter ET, it is not punishing like Dual Blades.

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

TF and ET do not crit for double damage if that's what you're asking.

TF criting grants 2 lvls of energy focus so you can use it to both shorten ET's animation to the pre-nerf version AND buff BS. ET's "crit" heals you instead of taking health away.

Tsuko eluded to everything not criting, I got on test and checked it out thanks for the feed back Bill.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Siderous said:

Teleporting scrapper

I want to make so many of these.  All of them.  All of the Scrappers Teleporting into All of the Faces.

Not sure what I'll do with EM when I swing around to it eventually.  EM/EA is a fun way to test it out though.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 4

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Having played with an EM/EnA on scrapper in beta, it feels really nice to play. Level 22ish right now, and it’s truly enjoyable.

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

On 10/26/2020 at 11:58 AM, Siderous said:

Did I miss something?  Was thinking a EA Teleporting scrapper but with no crits I might have to rethink that.  Is the damage adjusted if this is true?

Both big hitters crit for 28% damage (they just added the 28% crit for ET today).  They both hit very hard.  I have had TF crit for 1400 and ET crit for over 2300 on my EM/bio. If they gave them full double damage crits it would probably be overpowered.  All other attacks in the set have normal crit mechanics. 

Beta scrapper EM is not lacking in damage by any means. 

Edited by Saikochoro

I tested a dm/ena scrappy, cause DM changes. I was, i dunno. DM just isn't as fun on a scrapper as a tank I suppose. Not sure there. I will try enm/ena. I have an elec/enm tank on test that I am poking around with, and I think that yeah, enm would be really great on a scrappydo. Its kinda weird to play on a tank, because I love my fold space, and I just see an endless stream of double-digit numbers (crash, whirl, fences, filler) that SEEMS to do good damage and clear, but I don't really know? So I am curious how that playstyle would convert to a scrappydo. My dm/ena scrappydo is pretty much unkillable, so dunno. 

I think yeah, enm would really shine in a scrapper. I would probably actually go enm/bio/mu for stupid damage. And on that, it is LOTS of energy damage!!!

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Fiery Melee
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Scorch -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(13)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(5), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13)
Level 2: Cremate -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(19)
Level 4: Dampening Field -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(25), ImpArm-ResPsi(33)
Level 6: Power Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(21), Rct-ResDam%(21), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(23)
Level 8: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(25)
Level 14: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(15), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(15), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(27), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(31)
Level 16: Energy Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(36)
Level 18: Fire Sword Circle -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Acc/Rchg(29), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Arm-Dam%(31), Arm-Dmg(31)
Level 20: Energy Cloak -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(33)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34)
Level 24: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(36)
Level 26: Incinerate -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(39)
Level 28: Energize -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal(40)
Level 30: Build Up -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Greater Fire Sword -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Dam%(43), Hct-Dmg(50)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(43), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(43), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(45), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(45), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(50)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(46)
Level 41: Soul Storm -- SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(A), SprEnt-End/Rchg(48), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(48), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(48), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(50)
Level 44: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 47: Assault -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Confront -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-EndRdx(A), Clr-Stlth(7)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Pnc-Heal/+End(5)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(3)
------------

Here's something I was working on for a EM/EA Scrapper if I went that way.  I still feel I'd be happier, concept wise, with Regen, Ninja or WP.  There's some easy switching about and I'm not 100% on if it's enough recharge for a great ST DPS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Here's something I was working on for a EM/EA Scrapper if I went that way.  I still feel I'd be happier, concept wise, with Regen, Ninja or WP.  There's some easy switching about and I'm not 100% on if it's enough recharge for a great ST DPS. 

It's weird... I suspect after these changes I'm going to end up deleting more EM users than creating new ones. Doesn't seem to matter how good the buff is, the feel is off now, and I don't like it.

But I'll have an EM/Bio scrapper in the list, maxed out and silly.

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

It's weird... I suspect after these changes I'm going to end up deleting more EM users than creating new ones. Doesn't seem to matter how good the buff is, the feel is off now, and I don't like it.

But I'll have an EM/Bio scrapper in the list, maxed out and silly.

Were you trying to put in PC?  If so, try without and see how it feels would be my suggestion.  Playing around with the set and trying to maximize AOE, just seemed counter to what I liked about the set.  ST focus with a PBAOE.  Pretty much makes me happy.  Worked for me on my DB, which I know has a cone, but I treated that cone like a ST attack anyways 😛

5 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Were you trying to put in PC?  If so, try without and see how it feels would be my suggestion.  Playing around with the set and trying to maximize AOE, just seemed counter to what I liked about the set.  ST focus with a PBAOE.  Pretty much makes me happy.  Worked for me on my DB, which I know has a cone, but I treated that cone like a ST attack anyways 😛

It's the combo system. It's playable, yay high ST DPS. But the mechanic of relying on TF to get short ET disgusts me.

• Like 2

Just now, Bill Z Bubba said:

It's the combo system. It's playable, yay high ST DPS. But the mechanic of relying on TF to get short ET disgusts me.

Oh.  I don't find that to be much of a worry myself.  I was likely to go some route of, for example, Barrage > BS > TF > ET > Moonbeam > Repeat anyways.  So, really, all this really does, is have me use TF before ET for sure, instead of starting off ET > TF > Whatever > Repeat, which would then lead to ET going fast, except on that first one.

On Dual Blades I'll put three attacks in a row for Combo.  Street Justice, I'll go for the Level 3 Crushing Uppercut or Spinning Strike and sometimes deal with a Level 2.

I can't remember my Elec Melee, Claws or Spines (Claws and Spines being before HC) rotations, but when it came to ST big guns, I stayed in a pattern.  So, this feels no different to me.  Of course, it may feel different from others.

Though, looking back at my EM/Regen Brute...about the same.  Really, I'm just getting my fast ET back from before the nerf, which had me shelve my WP/EM Tanker.

• Like 2

On my Em/Elec Brute, with perma hasten I go BS>TF>BS>ET for single target damage. I'm curious how the changes are going to affect that. I guess if TF makes ET insta it would go BS>TF>ET>BS>TF>ET. or on my powerbar 2-3-4 over and over lol.

Really looking forward to the changes. Really leaning towards a EM/SuperReflexes scrapper for the +recharge. Getting permahasten makes EM amazing. Getting self healed on crits with ET could help with SR's lack of a self heal too.

Also the Mu Patron Power stuff really fills in the AOE hole for Energy Melee, though it can make fighting energy resistant bad guys a pain.

Edited by nihonsean
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 1:00 PM, nihonsean said:

Also the Mu Patron Power stuff really fills in the AOE hole for Energy Melee, though it can make fighting energy resistant bad guys a pain.

Proc'd out fences is pretty stupid silly. For me though, that is tied to FS based control (built in aoe hold procs, proc damage). It is instacast for the most part, and very reliable. On a scrapper, not sure it is needed, but I know I sure as hell am taking FS on my scrapper too.

• 3 weeks later
3 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

Has anybody experimented with a build yet?
I want to know what powers are "must have" and what is skippable on a EM/EA Scrapper.
@BrandX posted a Fire Melee, but I was hoping to discuss EM/EA.
Thanks!

That Fire Melee/EA Build was using Fire Melee as a substitute for Energy Melee.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

That Fire Melee/EA Build was using Fire Melee as a substitute for Energy Melee.

I know! and I liked it....
So... Would you recommend  the same slotting? i.e. Tier 1 single target  Scorch  slotted with SprScrStr  = use the same slotting for EM's Energy Punch?
All the way down the build?
Parallel slotting in Energy Melee for same tier power in your Fire Melee build?
I was thinking of using Sorcery Pool to cover travel and get Rune of Protection for some Psi Resistance.
Any thoughts?
Thanks...