Any plans/builds for EM/EnA Scrappers now?

Menelruin

I just don't like the no crit damage mechanics it just does not feel scrapper like something about criting even an over kill crit is just so satisfying. I will say I am very bias on crits but I been playing scappers since i2 and I guess it is just in my scrapper dna about crits

Edited by hejtmane
  • Like 1

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

59 minutes ago, hejtmane said:

I just don't like the no crit damage mechanics it just does not feel scrapper like something about criting even an over kill crit is just so satisfying. I will say I am very bias on crits but I been playing scappers since i2 and I guess it is just in my scrapper dna about crits

Both ET and TF will crit. It just won’t crit for full damage. Both will still hit very hard though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

I know! and I liked it....
So... Would you recommend  the same slotting? i.e. Tier 1 single target  Scorch  slotted with SprScrStr  = use the same slotting for EM's Energy Punch?
All the way down the build?
Parallel slotting in Energy Melee for same tier power in your Fire Melee build?
I was thinking of using Sorcery Pool to cover travel and get Rune of Protection for some Psi Resistance.
Any thoughts?
Thanks...

I’ll probably make a EM/EA scrapper at some point. My first EM scrapper will be bio though for max destruction. 

That said, I always take sorcery on energy aura toons. I don’t need leadership to maintain softcaps, so having rune of protection adds a lot of durability. 

Once mids gets updated for i27 I will make a EM/EA build and post it though. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

I know! and I liked it....
So... Would you recommend  the same slotting? i.e. Tier 1 single target  Scorch  slotted with SprScrStr  = use the same slotting for EM's Energy Punch?
All the way down the build?
Parallel slotting in Energy Melee for same tier power in your Fire Melee build?
I was thinking of using Sorcery Pool to cover travel and get Rune of Protection for some Psi Resistance.
Any thoughts?
Thanks...

The build I posted has 32% Psi Resist.  However, get rid of Confront, Assault and Fly and replace them with Arcane Flight, *pick a power* and Rune of Protection.

What I don't know is how optimal the ST DPS of the set would be, as I haven't done the math on what I can get with it.  Would have to wait for EM to be ported over to MIDs first as I'm not going to be the one to go in game and figure out those numbers there 😛

I'm pretty sure it's over 200 ST DPS though, just not 100%.  Also, not sure if one would want to skip Power Crash (I will) but they could replace Soul Storm with PC and get Ranged Defense from Eradication IO set (think that will keep you at 45%).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BrandX said:

The build I posted has 32% Psi Resist.  However, get rid of Confront, Assault and Fly and replace them with Arcane Flight, *pick a power* and Rune of Protection.

Thank you very much for your help and the discussion!
I am trying to figure out the duds vs the must haves in  both EM and EA.
Thanks!

2 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

Thanks!

On energy aura scrappers I take everything except for overload.  If I were forced to skip another energy aura power it would be energy drain. However, I am able to fit it in on all of my builds and still has good uses. 

For energy melee, I’d skip either barrage or energy punch. I’ll probably be skipping barrage. Though now that they put the energy release bonuses on barrage you could still argue barrage.  I always skip confront no matter the primary.

Lastly, if you don’t care too much about AoE you could skip either power crash or whirling hands. I know many wouldn’t agree with this decision, but when I play energy melee I’m not looking to be doing a ton of AoE. So, I personally will be skipping either power crash or whirling hands most likely. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

Thanks!

Power Crash I wasn't to fond of myself.  I would've preferred a targeted AOE like Spinning Strike from Street Justice, rather than a cone.  Just didn't feel like I hit enough with it.  That could just be my playstyle, I don't tend to herd.

EA, I'd take everything but the tier 9.

Tier 1 or Tier 2, pick your poison on EM.  Many would also skip Confront.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

On energy aura scrappers I take everything except for overload.  If I were forced to skip another energy aura power it would be energy drain. However, I am able to fit it in on all of my builds and still has good uses. 

For energy melee, I’d skip either barrage or energy punch. I’ll probably be skipping barrage. Though now that they put the energy release bonuses on barrage you could still argue barrage.  I always skip confront no matter the primary.

Lastly, if you don’t care too much about AoE you could skip either power crash or whirling hands. I know many wouldn’t agree with this decision, but when I play energy melee I’m not looking to be doing a ton of AoE. So, I personally will be skipping either power crash or whirling hands most likely. 

I agree with all this.

Definitely skip barrage though, since it looks dumb.  While Energy Punch is epic.  

Energy Drain is really powerful though.  Its your incarnate Softcap / Defense Debuff / Neg Energy attacks coming in button.  But yeah I can go hours between hitting it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the plan for mine but of course, as most plans, it may vary during lvling: 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Energy Melee
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch -- CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(17), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(45), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(3), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(3), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(13)
Level 2: Bone Smasher -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(40)
Level 4: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(5), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(5), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 6: Dampening Field -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 8: Power Crash -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-%Dam(9), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(9), ScrDrv-Dam%(43), Erd-Dmg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13)
Level 14: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 16: Energy Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 18: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dam%(A), Erd-%Dam(19), Obl-%Dam(19), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(21), Obl-Dmg(25), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25)
Level 20: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 22: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(46)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Total Focus -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Hct-Dmg(27), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), TchofDth-Dam%(39)
Level 28: Energize -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Heal(29), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg(43)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(34)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- RedFrt-Def/Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36), Rct-Def/Rchg(36), Rct-ResDam%(40), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 38: Weave -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(39), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- RgnTss-Regen+(A)
Level 47: Energy Torrent -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(48), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(50), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50)
Level 49: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), NmnCnv-Heal(36), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(37)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(34)
Level 50: Musculature Total Core Revamp 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 1: Energy Focus 
------------

• Thanks 2

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

Just off the cuff, after 2 days of non-stop EM/EA action my scrapper and I think it might be the most fun I've ever had with a melee set since I enrolled back in 2004. No hyperbole. I fully admit to PL'ing him in the AE and IO'ing the same day. My honest feelings concerning the set were rather muted during BETA testing but after 14 hours of Live Play; I can tell you I'm hooked. While I'm no build master; I was able to softcap to s/l, f/c & e. ne is at 39% and psi/tox a lowly 19%. I did accomplish perma Hasten and a respectable 53% resist to s/l. 

I've got one death on him when I decided to be a completed idiot during a DA Story Arc and attempt to Tank a 8 man spawn of 54's. Not my proudest moment. 

The chain I've found that works best for me is TF > Q-ET > EP > BS > EP > TF.  It feels like I'm spanking mobs with a mack truck and it's among the best feelings I've had in the City. Nailed a Cimerian minion for 760 with a BU > ET Crit. I can't honestly recall a larger number (Note: I've never played a TW/Bio Scrapper). 

I suspect there's an EM Stalker in my future.   

7 hours ago, DanaDark said:

I am really enjoying Energy^2 scrapper. I am tempted to do willpower or regen tho due to some better recovery... but over all... liking the energy scrapper.

My EM/Regen is at 50, loving it.  Not as survivable as my /WPs have been.  Maybe it's the build, but I am at, just over, 44% S/L Defense.

I have been playing my EM/EnA scrapper to get Accolades and through content to get iThreads... just ran the Heather Townsend Dark Astoria arc at +4/x8 w/bosses, and the only time I was at a risk was when my cat decided to stand in front of the monitor during a big group fight. Use the occasional inspiration during big fights with def-debuff mobs, but otherwise OK.

I made an Energy/Energy that's going to be a slow burn character. He's fun so far as a lowbie, but I have so many characters that take priority he likely won't get played a whole lot. 

Edit: I don't plan builds anymore. I improvise on the fly in-game. It actually works out better for me that way because I can address issues that crop up that a Mids' build doesn't always make obvious. I'll still occasionally make a Mid's build, but lately it's just to get an idea of what's possible to do with the character. My on the fly builds have been better than anything I did in Mids' 100% of the time so far. 

Edited by ClawsandEffect
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 1:33 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

It's the combo system. It's playable, yay high ST DPS. But the mechanic of relying on TF to get short ET disgusts me.

On tough targets I wind up using ET then TF then ET again. ET recharges in the time it takes TF to animate and it *feels* like I'm doing good damage.   I didn't play much Energy Melee before this but it now plays how I wish Mace did. I much prefer these SFX and VFX.

Mine is Energy/Shield.  I skipped one of the first punches and at 50 felt like I didn't have enough attacks so I took Zapp and Ball Lightning.  Ball is 5-slotted with Ragnarok and the Chance for KD. Between Shield Charge, Ball, Whirling Hands, and all those pom-poms of fury things get knocked down or stunned quite a bit.  I seem to get hit quite a bit despite being soft-capped but I can defeat things so fast it doesn't matter. Big difference from the Tanks I'd been playing the last couple months.

I treat Power Crash like the old Shadow Maul. Line up a few critters, wait a few seconds, then resume play.

Edited by ninja surprise

2 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

On tough targets I wind up using ET then TF then ET again.

Yea. My ST chain is ET(long)-TF-ET(short)-Gloom-Bonesmasher, repeat.

Also, I'll stick with my earlier comment:

This is a broken overpowered mess.

Edit: My bad, this is the scrapper forum. You can replace Gloom with Moonbeam and be even MORE silly.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

On 11/28/2020 at 3:43 AM, Fomsie said:

I have been playing my EM/EnA scrapper to get Accolades and through content to get iThreads... just ran the Heather Townsend Dark Astoria arc at +4/x8 w/bosses, and the only time I was at a risk was when my cat decided to stand in front of the monitor during a big group fight. Use the occasional inspiration during big fights with def-debuff mobs, but otherwise OK.

Do you have a build you can share by chance?

On 12/8/2020 at 7:30 PM, FiveDiamondJack said:

Do you have a build you can share by chance?

Here is mine if you are interested.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Novaforge: Level 50 Science Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Energy Melee
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(13), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(3), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(3), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), ShlWal-Def(7), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(9)
Level 2: Dampening Field -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), ImpArm-ResPsi(42)
Level 4: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 6: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(7), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(23)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- Rct-ResDam%(A)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Bone Smasher -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(19)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Build Up -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--Build%(17)
Level 18: Whirling Hands -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(36)
Level 20: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def(40), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(25), ImpArm-ResPsi(25)
Level 26: Total Focus -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(48)
Level 28: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(40), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg(50), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 30: Energy Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), ImpArm-ResPsi(46)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg(33), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(33), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(39)
Level 38: Weave -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(39), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 41: Focused Accuracy -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 47: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Longbow Core Superior Ally