Are Leadership Bonuses Cumulative?

drgantz

48 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

2) You conspicuously leave out what your Scrapper's armor set is.  Willpower?  Energy? Electric? Rad? Of course you'll be fine with those sets. The issue is the other half of the armor sets.  SR, Invuln, Shield and Dark can't afford the extra end drain.  It's not a matter of knowing how to build.  I can make an Invuln that can run Leadership, but at what cost?  And by taking Leadership on your Scrapper, what are you not taking elsewhere? 

A better question, am I not taking something he needs.  No.  As for his secondary it's regen.  OOOO!  That gives an endurance power.  Yeah, and I'm running Focused Accuracy and still don't need Conserve Power.  As for dark armor, my dark tank ran 10 toggles.  Sure, with 10 toggles he DID use Conserve Power but, back then, we didn't HAVE Incarnate powers to compensate.

All I'm saying is that most of the forum complaints about endurance management are due to the build.  Maybe they're using SO's.  Maybe they don't really grasp how to use IO's.  Maybe they took certain powers for concept reasons and prioritized that over sustainability.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

46 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

On the topic of melee running leadership, yea, on my tanks, maybe. Scrappers and brutes, not a chance. Max recharge + max damage = I'm gonna need body/nrg mastery for more end so I can go barrier\rebirth instead of ageless while still maintaining all my defensive toggles and taking down AVs solo.

Fair enough but, to be fair, I think we can consider you an edge case.  Most people (as far as I know) don't solo AVs.  😉

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

15 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Fair enough but, to be fair, I think we can consider you an edge case.  Most people (as far as I know) don't solo AVs.  😉

I'm curious what you're building a Scrapper for if not that?  What other goal is there when building Scrappers, Stalkers and Brutes?  Their job is to dish out maximum damage with enough durability to survive.  That's not the edge case, that's their mantra.  Building to any other goal is non optimal.  

3 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

I'm curious what you're building a Scrapper for if not that?  What other goal is there when building Scrappers, Stalkers and Brutes?  Their job is to dish out maximum damage with enough durability to survive.  That's not the edge case, that's their mantra.  Building to any other goal is non optimal.  

I find that I have to agree with this in part. I can absolutely see many people building their brutes for the tank role (we do get taunt auras and a real taunt after all) but scrappers and stalkers? Yea, the job there is to kill and stay standing while ya do so. Unlike blasters who kill and then lick dirt.

2 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

Historically, scrappers have been called the 'boss killers'.  Their job has always been to take out the toughest opponents faced by the team.  Soloing AVs and GMs has always been an edge case.  I doubt that even 10% of people who play scrappers and brutes build them for this purpose.  I soloed a GM once, on a controller, just to see if I could.  I soloed an AV once, on a defender, because I had my settings wrong and didn't want to repeat the entire arc.

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

On the topic of melee running leadership, yea, on my tanks, maybe. Scrappers and brutes, not a chance. Max recharge + max damage = I'm gonna need body/nrg mastery for more end so I can go barrier\rebirth instead of ageless while still maintaining all my defensive toggles and taking down AVs solo.

Yes, very high end solo and Incarnate builds are both factors that strongly push the opportunity cost into the realm of only if the build specifically needs it.

As for 2 defenders hitting the damage cap ... well Kinetics I'm fairly certain can without too many issues.  Pair of Empaths ... probably not but I'm also going to guess they'd get closer than you'd suspect perhaps.  2 Assault, 1 Fort, 10 target Soul Drain, Amplifiers, plus Incarnate powers could all be present before talking blast set, Gaussian's BU and similar procs to potentially boost it higher yet.  And well Leadership like any team wide buff has more and more impact the larger the team.  Every Emp is another 50% just from another Assault and Fortitude adding to the mix.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Typos

4 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Yes, very high end solo and Incarnate builds are both factors that strongly push the opportunity cost into the realm of only if the build specifically needs it.

As for 2 defenders hitting the damage cap ... well Kinetics I'm fairly certain can without too many issues.  Pair of Empaths ... probably not but I'm also going to guess they'd get closer than you'd suspect perhaps.  2 Assault, 1 Fort, 10 target Soul Drain, Amplifiers, plus Incarnate powers could all be present before talking blast set, Gaussian's BU and similar procs to potentially boost it higher yet.  And well Leadership like any team wide buff has more and more impact the larger the team.  Every Emp is another 50% from just from another Assault and Fortitude adding to the mix.

Hilariously enough, since the defender cap is +300%, I hit it solo on my time/fire defender since enhanced values are taken into account for the cap. It ain't hard to hit +200% on your own.

Edit: With assault running, and she's lvl 44, I'm starting at 57.75%, I click on Aim (single slotted with Gaussian CFBU) and Power Buildup, and I'm at 267.75%.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Come to think on it... that +300% cap SUCKS!

On non-damage focused ATs, yeah definitely stinks.  On VEATs, which are damage dealing ATs, its a crime.  My Crab has to pace out his red insp usage just to make sure I'm not wasting any.  

• Like 1