Halloween Hunt!

Arcanum

glacier blue got it first!!

@archaelia - Torchbearer :: Pure Sunlight | Pure Starlight | Pure Voidlight | Pure Magic | Pure Radiation | Pure Diamond | Hyperline | Skittles | Wyndra | Stellagirl | Persephone Yin | Cilatra | Trance Gemini | Cyan Essence | Voidweaver | Zael | Multiplicate | Clanket | thiccuracy | Galaxy Gem | Infinite Rose | Nightflower | Hot Sands | Sandweave | Jetfuel | Plasmahead | Ice Chest | Internal Locus | Danger Dancer | PPD Parks Ranger | FDPC Cryoforce | Black Silver | Vanguard Viper | Arrowdyne | Adam Adrenaline | Violet Velocity | Hypervoltage | Star Huntress | Kat Huntress | Violet Vycanthys | Edge Witch | :.

Cool little event to have running. Sadly, I will be unable to participate as taking a screenshot crashes my game. It was a problem I had on Live that has apparently followed over to current day. Thankfully I'm not a screenie person so I've never bothered to report it here.

Until now, I guess.   🙂

Hello, my name is Ynaught and I am an altaholic.

Just now, Ynaught said:

Cool little event to have running. Sadly, I will be unable to participate as taking a screenshot crashes my game. It was a problem I had on Live that has apparently followed over to current day. Thankfully I'm not a screenie person so I've never bothered to report it here.

Until now, I guess.   🙂

If you're using Windows 10, you can try using the 'Screen Snipping App'. It's defaulted in the Windows Accessories folder in the program lists.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 minute ago, Ynaught said:

Until now, I guess.   🙂

I had an SG mate who was having that SAME exact problem the other night. I have not spoken with him since so I am not sure if he has found a way to fix it yet.

Just now, ScarySai said:

Shame they can't be randomized to prevent camping.

Takes the spirit out of it. >.>

People are that desperate for a Gold Name. I love that the Devs are trying to do an event, but sadly it is the players who ruin the fun of it. That's why I am just doing my own thing. I am not willing to camp in order to get a win...but others are, which puts me and others like me at a huge disadvantage. It's fun to watch though on these forums. So I am getting some enjoyment out of it.

• Thumbs Down 1

• City Council
5 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

Shame they can't be randomized to prevent camping.

Takes the spirit out of it. >.>

Heh, that would be nifty. Unfortunately my team and I had to manually change every NPC on every shard, so not quite feasible.

Dare to dream, though. 😄

Its also not always camping as much as right place / right time. You never really know who I'll announce next!

Edited by GM Arcanum
  • Like 2

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

13 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

Nicely done, @Glacier Peak!  I was on the forums, stepped away for one minute, and it was announced and won.

At this speed I guess you just have to be online, standing next to your pick, when it happens to be drawn.

Thank you, @FrauleinMental I had just finished mapping out all the new costumed NPCs and their locations in-game (like @GM Arcanum recommended in the original post) and was crafting for Fabricator in my SG base. One click on my villain base portal got me in front of Kalinda.  

I was actually confused for a few seconds because there are two locations for Ms. Liberty (as subsequent posts show). 😅   

This is a super fun event! I hope people don’t get discouraged by the folks in this thread thinking it requires camping, it does not require camping. Just hit follow on the thread and go haunt! You could feasibly improve your odds if you map out all the NPCs as previously mentioned, are either Rogue or Vigilante alignment (has access to all zones), open up the LFG tab for a quick TP to the NPC, or just sit in your SG base if it has portals to all zones – I mean there is a lot a player can do if they really want the fun prize! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 minute ago, ScarySai said:

I have a pretty fast SSD and I don't think I could have done that in less than ten seconds.

Absolute madlad.

Solid State Drives (SSD) and Non-Volatile Memory Express Drives definitely improve load times across games, especially in CoH/CoV. Absolutely recommend upgrading from a hard disk drive to an SSD if an individual is looking to make noticeable improvements in their gaming experience.

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

• City Council

Next Challenge:

A character dressed as Mynx, /e Teabag

Remember, only one prize per challenge for the fastest screenshot - you've got to be fast!

Happy Haunting!

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!