Halloween Hunt!

Arcanum

10 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

Are there any locked emotes?

Yes, there appear to be 5 locked emotes (based on some work I did early this year). They are:

listenstolenpoliceband
matablet
dice7
GhoulFlex
tantrum

• Thanks 1

• Developer

@GM ArcanumThanks! Was a fun mad dash; Neat idea for an event contest.

Just for clarification; I'm assuming the contest is limited to one win per person?

• Thanks 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

This is correct, one win per person.

Thanks!

That's a relief, haha; Don't have to spend the next few days constantly on my toes stalking random NPCs. 😅

• Haha 2

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

44 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Yes, there appear to be 5 locked emotes (based on some work I did early this year). They are:

listenstolenpoliceband
matablet
dice7
GhoulFlex
tantrum

Ah, ok.  Apparently a few are still unlocked through in-game actions.  dice7 works for me (I have it macro'd), but I unlocked it when I earned the Burkholder's Bane badge.

13 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

Apparently a few are still unlocked through in-game actions.

Correct. In the menu I linked to, I set it up so that the emotes that I listed above were greyed out until they had been appropriately earned, at which point they were usable from the menu. I don't think the 'snowflakes' emote (from the wiki link) is locked anymore, because I've used it and am fairly certain I have never bought anything from the Candy Keeper. I'll test it tonight and update the wiki to reflect that.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I don't think the 'snowflakes' emote (from the wiki link) is locked anymore (because I've used it and am fairly certain I have never bought anything from the Candy Keeper). I'll test it tonight and update the wiki to reflect that.

I think that's correct.  That's another one I have macro'd, but I don't recall if I bought it or not.  (I have bought things from the Candy Keeper, I'm just not sure if that's one of them.)

• City Council
1 hour ago, ScarySai said:

What is the gold title, by the way? Does it have to be on the character we hunted on?

The actual title will be released later (when I decide, tbh). It does not have to be on the same character. I'll reach out to the winners at the end of the contest and ask you which one you'd like it on.

51 minutes ago, Krimson said:

The gold title is why I give these a pass. I've been on teams with people with a short essay floating over their heads and last thing I want to do is inflict that on others.

Titles are always optional, not mandatory. Lots of players chose not to take them.

2 hours ago, ScarySai said:

Quick question: Will any locked emotes be used, or can I safely ignore those events for now?

They will not! I tried to make it as fair as I could for anyone to be able to win. Only emotes available to everyone will be selected.

Edited by GM Arcanum

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• City Council

Next Challenge:

A character dressed as Mirror Spirit, /e DrumLow

Remember, only one prize per challenge for the fastest screenshot - you've got to be fast!

Happy Haunting!

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

1 minute ago, GM Arcanum said:

Next Challenge:

A character dressed as Mirror Spirit, /e DrumLow

Remember, only one prize per challenge for the fastest screenshot - you've got to be fast!

Happy Haunting!2051854937_2020-10-2915_02_31-Window.png.7cae1364a462d9c1cb478cdf7afbf147.png