The Boys (On Amazon)

This is a page for those that are fans of The Boys on Amazon. With 2 seasons in I have to say I love it insanely. Nothing like the real world with real superheroes just being people like you and I with powers, egos you name it. Don't want to get into it with spoilers but for those the want to discuss the show and it's twist and crazing comedy and horror feel free to add.

The Boys.jpg

the-boys.jpg

the-boys-1599827224.jpg

Homelander-The-Boys-eyes-1024x452.jpg

images.jpg

new-promo-spot-for-the-boys-season-2-features-a-nsfw-message-from-bill-butcher-social.jpg

rs_1024x759-200904160530-1024-12the-boys-chace-crawford.ls.jpg

the-boys-season-2-episode-3-erin-moriarty-1599552588.jpg

the-boys-season-2-episode-4.jpg

the-boys-season2-episode-4-review-love.jpg

boys21-640x417.jpg

f386c152d813a2f250ad80ec2e449a77.jpg

Homelanders son.jpg

jensen-ackles-the-boys-33-cover-soldier-boy-split-600x314.jpg

qjj8f98n9cm51.jpg

a-train-1598998053.jpg

Did I miss Dean Winchester being on the show somehow?

Great show though. I especially like the arc with Homelander's son.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

The girl-fight in the last episode felt viscerally satisfying.

The "Homelander..."brooding" on a ledge" scene was a bit...gratuitous.

And the whole show isn't afraid to not just cross, but to super-jump over the line into "OH!  THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!"

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Is that an Amazonian ass-kicker? 

And Karl Urban?

Where's my swooning emote...

I won't be able to watch it.  Going to go read the episode synopses on Wikipedia and use my imagination.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Having read all the comics I like what they're doing, they've changed enough so that it surprises me.  And Antony Starr is just great.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

49 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Is that an Amazonian ass-kicker? 

And Karl Urban?

Where's my swooning emote...

I won't be able to watch it.  Going to go read the episode synopses on Wikipedia and use my imagination.

That's Maeve, Queen of Fairies. Or is it Queen of the Sidhe? But yeah basically an Amazon. 

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Wonder Woman's not really an Amazon. Fight meh!

I don't really know much about the show's Queen Maeve or the Irish Queen Medb to be honest. The show's character doesn't really get much of a backstory into her name or costume and Irish folk history is not one of my strong suits. I could never remember any of the names. 😅

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

4 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

She's neither of those things.  And she's no more an Amazon than Wonder Woman is a Valkyrie.

3 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

Wonder Woman's not really an Amazon.

Both technically true.  Amazons were, as near as archaeologists have been able to determine, Scythian, haven't existed as a distinct culture for over a thousand years, and weren't actually a group of exclusively women.  They were daughters and sisters, wives and mothers.  They had husbands, brothers and fathers.  Scythian women fought like men and were reputed to be just as fierce.  They frequently defended their lands when the men were away, and their reputation as warriors spread all over the continent.

As with all cultures, theirs disappeared into the mists of history as they disseminated into other cultures.  But myth and legend persist, and what we think of Amazons today has been directly fed and nourished by the myths and legends surrounding the Scythian women.  For all intents and purposes, they were apparently the true Amazons, and if the recent digs are evidence, they lived up to their legend.  They were buried with the same honors as male warriors.  They were equal to men (which is what Antianeira means).  And it's a noble, worthy legend, something women everywhere can look to for inspiration.

If she's supposed to be a reference to Celtic history or mythology, I think Boudicca would've been a better choice.  She was pretty damn amazing, too, but she doesn't get much publicity these days.

Regardless, Maeve looks Amazonian (actually, she looks like Wonder Woman, the modern take on the Amazon legend, with red hair).  In fact, she looks like all of my Amazonian characters in this game (but not with red hair).  So she's an Amazon to me, in spirit if not in actuality (in the context of the show, not saying i'm confusing reality with television).

Plus, KARL URBAN!  KARL FREAKING URBAN!

I have to find a way to watch this.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Cost isn't the obstacle.  Verizon is.  Limited data and deprioritization don't promote a good viewing experience.  Might try to find a library with Wi-Fi and watch episodes on my 8" tablet.

36 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Cost isn't the obstacle.  Verizon is.  Limited data and deprioritization don't promote a good viewing experience.  Might try to find a library with Wi-Fi and watch episodes on my 8" tablet.

If you have a friend with a beefy connection...
You then have the option to download the videos to play later.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

8 hours ago, Luminara said:

I think Boudicca would've been a better choice

I agree, but her name doesn't roll of the tongue quite like "Queen Maeve" (and, not to put too fine a point on it, it's also easier to make fun of).

As for Maeve being a call-out to Wonder Woman, yep, that's pretty clear.  Almost all the costumed supes are direct riffs on some DC character or other.

3 minutes ago, TheOtherTed said:

I agree, but her name doesn't roll of the tongue quite like "Queen Maeve" (and, not to put too fine a point on it, it's also easier to make fun of).

Imagine all of the possible Boudicca/Booty jokes.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

The girl-fight in the last episode felt viscerally satisfying.

The "Homelander..."brooding" on a ledge" scene was a bit...gratuitous.

And the whole show isn't afraid to not just cross, but to super-jump over the line into "OH!  THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!"

They wanted that in season 1. It's directly from the comics which were worse than the TV show if think that's gratuitous. Just google Herogasm with your virus blocker on.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

The girl fight at the end of S2 was a direct spoof on Avengers Endgame girls vs Thanos. The producer who is female was excessively pissed about that scene and decided to incorporate it as a lark on The Boys.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

33 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

The girl fight at the end of S2 was a direct spoof on Avengers Endgame girls vs Thanos. The producer who is female was excessively pissed about that scene and decided to incorporate it as a lark on The Boys.

I think The Boys version was FAR more uplifting and pro-female than the garbage in A:E. Although I will add that when I saw A:E in the theater I grinned a lot when Thanos headbutted CM and she didn't flinch. And the look she gave before he punched the crap out of her with a power stone infused smash was genuinely well acted.

Just think The Boys is a vastly more realistic view of how most humans would be with super powers.

15 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Just think The Boys is a vastly more realistic view of how most humans would be with super powers.

I wholeheartedly agree, absolute power absolutely corrupts. Thats why I cannot play a hero in CoX, there is no way with powers that I would be a "good guy", straight villain quite possibly because I would be the one that executed pedophiles, dictators, terrorists, etc.

I think that's why I like the Watchmen (original), because, Rorschach tried to be good but, all the misery and absolute evil turned him. While he wasn't evil per se he did kill people so by societies standards he was a bad guy.

The Boys on the other hand we find out is mostly every "hero" is a villain and the true heroes are morally ambiguous at best.

This to me is what comics should be, a more realistic approach is needed because frankly most comics are flights of fantasy, which I understand. 

But, you cannot have morally superior Superman as a role model because its inconceivable, a good example is that alot of people sympathized with Joaquin take on the Joker, because it was relatable, the same cannot be said of Superman. 

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

26 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I wholeheartedly agree, absolute power absolutely corrupts.

It doesn't.  We see evidence of that every day, all around us.  Parents aren't universally corrupt, but they have absolute power over their children.  Pet owners aren't universally corrupt, but they have absolute power over their pets.  Some decades back, there was a panic over a false radar reading in the USSR.  One man had the power to end life as we knew it on the planet, all he had to do was push the button to launch the ICBMs.  He didn't.

Police officers, members of the military, spouses, there are people in whom we place our implicit trust, in whom we trust with our very lives, and for the most part, they don't abuse that trust.

Selfish people or weak-willed people might be corruptible, but they aren't representative of humanity as a whole.  Sorry, but no.  People aren't perfect, but a hell of a lot of them are better than we give them credit for.  If absolute power truly corrupted absolutely, our species would've died out ten minutes after the first society formed.

And that's why I can play heroes.  I still believe in the inherent goodness of human beings, and I'm determined to be one of those good people, even if it's only in a video game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Luminara said:

It doesn't.  We see evidence of that every day, all around us.  Parents aren't universally corrupt, but they have absolute power over their children.  Pet owners aren't universally corrupt, but they have absolute power over their pets.  Some decades back, there was a panic over a false radar reading in the USSR.  One man had the power to end life as we knew it on the planet, all he had to do was push the button to launch the ICBMs.  He didn't.

Police officers, members of the military, spouses, there are people in whom we place our implicit trust, in whom we trust with our very lives, and for the most part, they don't abuse that trust.

Selfish people or weak-willed people might be corruptible, but they aren't representative of humanity as a whole.  Sorry, but no.  People aren't perfect, but a hell of a lot of them are better than we give them credit for.  If absolute power truly corrupted absolutely, our species would've died out ten minutes after the first society formed.

And that's why I can play heroes.  I still believe in the inherent goodness of human beings, and I'm determined to be one of those good people, even if it's only in a video game.

This is where opinion and perception comes into play and where I disagree.

I see pet owners who abuse pets ie dog fights, cock fights, etc or just killing them or hurting them for no good reason. Go over to Afghanistan and see what they do to dogs and see if you can hold it together. 

I see parents/people abuse, molest, and kill their children for any reason under the sun.

How many of the average people have never stolen, cheated, or any infraction that you can think of?  Bet you would be surprised. 

Priests the holy of the holy are fallible in the darkest ways, how many of them molested or continue to do so? 

What about in the larger scheme of things, how many people refuse to wear a mask to not make or get others sick? Which potentially could lead to someone dying.

How about climate change everyone on this planet is a contributing factor in that. 

For ever tit there is a tat, realistically you might believe that there is more good than evil but I'm guessing its more Grey with lighter shades and darker shades and even then its probably pretty even.

If you gave an average person super powers what actually do you think they would do? Think they would be a Superman? I'm going to guess their life, decisions, and what is happening around them is going to define them.

You think for an instant that Average Supermans kid gets molested or killed by a drunk driver that they are going to turn them over to the police?

If you do then God bless you for the rose colored glasses you wear.

2 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

This is where opinion and perception comes into play and where I disagree.

I see pet owners who abuse pets ie dog fights, cock fights, etc or just killing them or hurting them for no good reason. Go over to Afghanistan and see what they do to dogs and see if you can hold it together. 

I see parents/people abuse, molest, and kill their children for any reason under the sun.

How many of the average people have never stolen, cheated, or any infraction that you can think of?  Bet you would be surprised. 

Priests the holy of the holy are fallible in the darkest ways, how many of them molested or continue to do so? 

What about in the larger scheme of things, how many people refuse to wear a mask to not make or get others sick? Which potentially could lead to someone dying.

How about climate change everyone on this planet is a contributing factor in that. 

For ever tit there is a tat, realistically you might believe that there is more good than evil but I'm guessing its more Grey with lighter shades and darker shades and even then its probably pretty even.

If you gave an average person super powers what actually do you think they would do? Think they would be a Superman? I'm going to guess their life, decisions, and what is happening around them is going to define them.

You think for an instant that Average Supermans kid gets molested or killed by a drunk driver that they are going to turn them over to the police?

If you do then God bless you for the rose colored glasses you wear.

Do the majority of people do these things, or is it a minority of people?  There are over 7 billion humans on the planet.  I don't see evidence of 51% of them abusing their power over others.

If 51% of parents abused or murdered their children, we wouldn't be in the midst of a population boom.  If 51% of priests abused children or church members, religion wouldn't exist.  If 51% of people abused or killed their pets, we'd be running out of pets, entire pet industries would be out of business.

Yes, people do stupid things.  People can be amazingly immature at times.  People can be insensitive and thoughtless.  But that stupidity, insensitivity, thoughtless and/or immaturity aren't corruption.  They can lead to corruption, but in and of itself, being less than perfect isn't being corrupt.  You can't define all people by the actions of the minority, and you can't say that all people would be corrupted by absolute power when the majority behave in ways contradictory to that.

I don't need to see the countless examples you can show for people being bad.  I'm old enough to have seen or experienced most of them for myself.  But for every one of those examples, there are tens, hundreds, thousands, millions of examples of people being good.  There are far more tits than tats here.  The majority of people are good.  They're not perfect, but they try to be the best people they can be, and that gives me faith in them.

And I'm not wearing anything but reading glasses.  I'm looking at the people in my life right now, the people I've left behind over the years, the people they know and knew, the people I've read about in the news and history books, and I'm seeing far more than 49% good.  Again, not perfection, but basic goodness and an on-going effort to be even better.  I don't see the majority as being corruptible, even if they are flawed.

Absolute corruption is only absolute if one allows it to be.  We all have that choice, and people exercise that choice every second of every day, with the vast majority choosing not to be corrupted.

35 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Do the majority of people do these things, or is it a minority of people?  There are over 7 billion humans on the planet.  I don't see evidence of 51% of them abusing their power over others.

If 51% of parents abused or murdered their children, we wouldn't be in the midst of a population boom.  If 51% of priests abused children or church members, religion wouldn't exist.  If 51% of people abused or killed their pets, we'd be running out of pets, entire pet industries would be out of business.

Yes, people do stupid things.  People can be amazingly immature at times.  People can be insensitive and thoughtless.  But that stupidity, insensitivity, thoughtless and/or immaturity aren't corruption.  They can lead to corruption, but in and of itself, being less than perfect isn't being corrupt.  You can't define all people by the actions of the minority, and you can't say that all people would be corrupted by absolute power when the majority behave in ways contradictory to that.

I don't need to see the countless examples you can show for people being bad.  I'm old enough to have seen or experienced most of them for myself.  But for every one of those examples, there are tens, hundreds, thousands, millions of examples of people being good.  There are far more tits than tats here.  The majority of people are good.  They're not perfect, but they try to be the best people they can be, and that gives me faith in them.

And I'm not wearing anything but reading glasses.  I'm looking at the people in my life right now, the people I've left behind over the years, the people they know and knew, the people I've read about in the news and history books, and I'm seeing far more than 49% good.  Again, not perfection, but basic goodness and an on-going effort to be even better.  I don't see the majority as being corruptible, even if they are flawed.

Absolute corruption is only absolute if one allows it to be.  We all have that choice, and people exercise that choice every second of every day, with the vast majority choosing not to be corrupted.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I've seen regimes, countries, and corporations in my travels that have been blindly led, willingly accepted, and even went along with some pretty bad stuff. We have absolute rulers who abuse their power daily and people willingly go along with it, so where exactly is the line drawn that these people are good?

We could go round and round, and like I said thats your opinion and perception. 

But, I do thank you for a good conversation its a rarity these days without one side or the other wishing harm or even death upon people of differing views.

Have a Happy Halloween 🎃