Perma-LF Sans Hasten

Zepp

Alright, I just got my Alpha to T3 and am perma-LF on this build.

Generally, I use Dawn Strike and Photon Seekers as alternating Alpha AoEs.

My ST attach chain is RS-IS-RS-GE (there is a short gap between sets)

My AoEs are not as tight, I generally intersperse them in my attach chain or ignore them. The four I keep on the board are Luminous Detonation, Solar Flare, Dawn Strike, and Photon Seekers.

I'm looking for ways to increase damage, increase recharge, increase positional defense, and/or increase Psi Resistance.

I am currently working on unlocking the other slots and finishing up my Alpha, and am sitting on 800mil influence, so I was just trying to figure out if there was a better way to build this. As is, it works rather well, although there are some times when I have post-crash endurance issues (not so much as I used to have before the Alpha slot, but still, once in a while...).

Anyways, just wondering what everyone thinks...
2 Vantablaq.mxd

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

If you want to increase your damage you can do a few things:

- Drop shining shield for Gleaming Blast. It does a fair bit more damage over eye. 
- Considering proccing out Rad strike and Gleaming blast.
- Alternatively, you could taking Cross punch and proc it out and use it in a chain with Rad Strike and Gleaming blast, thus dropping Incan strike, since I Strike slow and unfortunately a DPS loss when proc chains are factored in.
'- Proton Scatter isn't great on it's own damage wise, it's not too bad with Procs though.

More recharge:
- drop something for hasten. I know I know...,hasten is in every build but it is for good reason. Not having hasten for the sake of not having often comes with more draw backs than benefits.
That being said if you're really adamant about not taking it, Force feedback procs are a good source of bonus recharge.
- you could also consider slotting for more slow resistance using 2 piece Blistering Cold sets in brawl and boxing to help protect the recharge levels you do have.
- you could also break up the essence transfer set into two 3 piece sets. Putting one set of 3 into solar flare along with overwhelming force and force feedback to boost recharge that way. This may conflict with the # of 10% recharge bonuses you currently have however.
- Did I also mention Cross Punch? That also get a you a good amount of recharge especially if you train both boxing and kick. 

More defense:
Honestly, IMO once you have around 32.5% behind capped resists and multiple heals, anymore more is kind of a waste tbh. Especially since PB's don't have any native DDR, all that defense is sacrificial. It's not a matter of IF your defense will flatline, it's when and how often.

Back to proc slotting for sec tho...
Now I understand full well caveats that come with proc slotting, however after going through nearly 150+ PB/WS build iterations, I've figured out what works well and sadly, if you want to push damage levels past what PB's are normally capable of, proc'd out RS - GB - CP is the way to do this.

On psi resistance; I've played builds with 70%+ psi resistance and played builds with virtually zero. I find right about 35-40% is the sweet spot. Don't forget our inherent can also give us bonus Psi resistance when teaming as well. I don't rely on our inherent of course but that's kind of why I consider around 40% the sweet spot. It's enough to make even a single orange insp grant you a considerable amount while still allowing the boost from teaming to have a tangible effect.

Anyway, those are my long-winded 2 cents... Do with it (or without it) what you will. Good luck.

Edited by Doomrider

I used to use Hasten in every build on Live, but I was putting this build together so that I could have LF on auto, and so that I could see if it was possible. I ended up liking the feel of the build without Hasten, and am not sure I want to go back to a Hasten build/

Interesting idea about Cross Punch.

I was looking at in-game numbers, and I am not getting as much from QA as I should be (according to Mids) so I am thinking to find a slot for that.

I put together four builds. I don't see the need for Hasten in these builds. Switching to Musculature would only yield a 9% increase in DpA while reducing my Combat Flight speed and reducing stealth (I would have to drop Super Speed to drop the stealth proc in Sprint). In addition, it would reduce my defense. Basically, these builds only use five attacks (RS->CP->GBl) as my attack chain and DS/PS as my alphas. I'll probably stick to Build 11, tested it on Test and the attack chain has no gaps and Light form is perma. I'm going to try it against some -Rech enemies to see how it holds up, but I think the Superior Avalanche and Winter's Gift procs may be sufficient. For builds 11, 13, & 15 I split Essence Transfer into two sets and have one as a Superior version. This gives me a 3-slot 6.25% recharge. My newest build (15) has 65% Res for Recharge Reduction.

02 Vantablaq 11.mxd02 Vantablaq 15.mxd02 Vantablaq 14.mxd02 Vantablaq 13.mxd

If you're wondering, Build 12 was an attempt to go without LF, I wasn't happy with it, so it went straight to the Sandbox.

3 hours ago, Zepp said:

Interesting idea about Cross Punch.

Both Kick and Cross Punch are secretly quite decent as filler attacks, not least because they take a lot of procs.

The Force Feedback one is one to maximize if you're chasing recharge.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Looking at build 11.

You don't need to run a full set of Winter's gift to get the 20% slow/recharge resistance, just slot the 20% io. The additional fire/cold res and movement speed aren't helping you much.

Solar Flare is criminally underslotted. This power can be such a beast if you slot it with FFB + the Armageddon proc combined with ED or near ED capped damage. 
My favorite slotting is Essence Transfer a/c, d/e/r/ a/d/e/r, FFB proc, overwhelming force and armageddon proc. I leave the other 5 pieces of armageddon in Dawn Strike with a Sudden Acceleration kb-<kd. This gives you ED capped damage, decent end redux, not a ton of recharge which will allow the arma proc to fire around 60% and FFB proc chances will be great, helping recharge it self so you can spam it more.

I would very much consider taking at least a slot out of combat flight and putting kb->kd in solar flare and taking 1 piece armageddon out and doing the same in Dawn Strike. 
The pbaoe scatter both of those abilities provide will tank your clear speed. Sudden Acceleration was the best thing to happen to Peacebringers since the the LF buffs. It's basically an indirect damage buff allowing you to keep the mobs clustered around you. 

Seeing Kb->kd in ST attacks but not the pbaoes is a really strange choice IMO. But if that's how you like, that's all that matters. I don't find myself in the anti-kb camp by any means but I do like clearing faster and the loss of 6% psi res from Armageddon will hardly be felt imo. 

Solar Flare is acting as a mule in this build. It is outside the attack chain and I can't get the recharge low enough to where it is attractive. Although I have been looking at different slottings, considering a possible move to alternating between Gleaming Blast and Solar Flare as the third power in the attack chain, but I haven't found a convincing build for that yet.

As far as Combat flight, the 9% movement buff and set overall provide a 25% increase in mobility which increases my clear rate by decreasing time between spawns and increasing survivability when needed.

As far as Dawn Strike goes, after Photon Seekers+Dawn Strike, if they survived and were KBed, some space allows me the time to make a good call on choosing my clear path. I find the KB actually improves my clear speed, but having the mobility of a well-slotted Combat Flight makes KB less of an issue for me.

This is probably not my final build, but I think it is in a good place.

The RS->GBl->SF->RS->GBl->GE Attack Chain version I was working on (ended up dropping CP) looks like this: 

02 Vantablaq 16.mxd

Throwing in CrossPunch would mean more sacrifice:

02 Vantablaq 17.mxd

Edited by Zepp